Edgenuity Employee Reviews

CUSTOMER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN TIER 1 (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 22, 2017
I thought the work place was fun. The people were fun to be around. The manager was easy to talk to. The training was great. They made sure you understand the job before they put you by yourself.
Difficult communications process; departments did not work well together.
Registrar/Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scotts, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Different departments worked well within themselves but did not communicate well with other departments. This made accomplishing the over-all job a challenge. It was often unclear who was responsible for what and where to find answers.
Pros
Growing Company - Excellent Product
Cons
Lack of clear communication chain.
Summary of Edgenuity
Online Instructor - Business Marketing, Health, PE (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMarch 24, 2017
Good management, strong growth opportunity once you put in your time, strong support and training. There is strong collaboration amongst departments, and you are encouraged to grow and master your work.
Great opportunity to contribute to K-12 education in a different way
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2017
The work place culture is not unusual...it's not more or less friendly than any other place I have worked. The office location is new [built in 2014] making for a very pleasant work space.
Pros
The product
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive for the employee
Mostly great
UX Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 27, 2017
Great people that are really passionate about education and their products. Management need to communicate better but that can be said about most companies.
Beware - layoffs every six months!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 5, 2017
This company pays well - That's where the positive ends.

The work-life balance is non existent- it's all work, all the time. 24/7

Layoffs every 6 months or so. They either are not spending wisely or they just see it as an easy way to get rid of people without firing them for no reason other than personal feelings.

Middle management is awful. Just awful.

The actual program is a joke. Any parent letting their kids use Egenuity as their schooling tool is making a terrible choice. do your research!!! Clicking until you get the right answer is NOT learning!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Human Resources, management, layoffs
Great Place to Work
Instructional Supervisor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 30, 2016
Love working at Edgenuity! It's a great job where I can work remote and still make a difference in the lives of students. I work with a great group of people and have enjoyed creating the future with Edgenuity.
Pros
Remote position, flexibility, growing company
Cons
pay is a little low, but worth it to me
Great place to work back when it was E2020
Manager, Hiring and Training, Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 15, 2016
The company was acquired a few years ago and I was laid off with most of management. It may still be a great place to work, I had no complaints about anything other than getting laid off. I'd work there again.
parts of the organization are making money but the most important cog in the wheel, certified educators, are not.
instructional supervisor (Former Employee) –  remoteJuly 7, 2016
Money making and poor management (because they lack appropriate values) dominate. Anyone could be doing the students' work... no integrity measures in place. .. Colleges... and NCAA.. don't except credits from this farse of an educational program.
Pros
nothing but false promises
Cons
everything. ... be aware. Don't put your child's future or (for those job seeking) in jeopardy. ..
Innovative and Great Culture
Associate Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2016
Edgenuity is a wonderful company to work for. The CEO Sari Factor knows every employee. I was able to work across many teams in every department of the company and was always feeling like a part of the team. The company works hard to not only do things for the employees (like parties or gifts), but to work for the community.
I like going to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2016
This is a great place to work. As expected management wants you to show up on time, work while you're there, and come up with solutions not complaints. If you like everything to stay the same always.. this isn't the place for you.

This company is growing, changing, and advancing. There are opportunities to move up or move into other departments quite frequently.

One thing I love about this company is that you can come up with ideas and suggestions and they actually listen. Read... not complaints and whining. If there is an issue and you have ideas management will listen.

My department has supportive management and people who care about you. The team is collaborative and works hard. I don't know about all departments or managers but again you can move around as positions open!!
Pros
A place I enjoy coming to every day
Cons
A little discrepency between departmental pay
DO NOT Waste Your Time
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 4, 2016
This company is so flawed and shady that it is ridiculous. Don't bother applying or giving them a shot because it will be a waste of time and be a horrible experience.

Someone needs to tell management to grow up and to treat us all like the adults we are. Managers need to attend more training sessions so they're not so incompetent in what they're doing. They also need to STOP PLAYING FAVORITES AND TREAT EVERYONE WITH RESPECT.
Pros
Flexibility with your schedule and decent benefits
Cons
Horrible management, micro-managing, obvious favoritism, no room or encouragement for growth, no such thing as “innocent until proven guilty” just “guilty”, bad pay, no respect unless you are a favorite
Awful place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 18, 2016
After working at Edgenuity for close to three years, it's easy to say this is one of the worst companies I've worked for. They do not care about their employees, and they micromanage everything you do. Poor culture and high turnover.
Cons
Low pay, top down management approach, poor culture, micromanaging to the extreme, awful managers (they are not leaders nor role models), lack of care for people who do all the work
Great working environment
Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2015
At Edgenuity I enjoyed great hourly pay!! Being a contracted employee, I didn't get health benefits, but that's to be expected. For those that were full time, it seemed like there were often team building activities, lunch time themes and "spirit days".
Pros
Social atmosphere
Cons
contract work means not a steady income
Poor communication leads to high turnover rates
Production (Former Employee) –  NYJune 29, 2015
Large miscommunications and/or non-communication between upper management and lower employees. Hierarchy is strongly at play. New HR team seems well equipped but I don't believe this company will be around much longer as their practices are unsustainable. There is no room for growth, and when people leave the company (which happens more frequently than it should), their responsibilities are given to others, without proper acknowledgement or compensation. The employees are treated like replaceable cogs in a poorly oiled machine.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
no communication, high turnover, lack of long term vision
Convenient Supplemental Income
Online Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 23, 2014
Convenient way to earn extra money. The computer system used is easy to learn and easy to manage students. It is important for instructors to monitor the time spent by students on assessments to identify those that treat assessments as guessing games.
Technical Limitations
Customer/Tech Support- I (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaleSeptember 23, 2014
Things did not get resolved in a timely manor. The system would go down regularly leaving the customer service reps to deal with angry clients.
Good place to work.
HTML, CSS, JS, PHP (Including debugging) (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 30, 2014
It is an amazing place to work if you constantly educate yourself. I did learn a lot because it is an online school. Management is controlled by employees. My co-workers are the best I have seen so far. The hardest part of the job is that I have to come back to my house eight hours later. The most enjoyable part is contributing to education.
Horrible place to work for
Registrar of virtual schools (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 21, 2014
They want to employee the least amount of employees possible and pay them the smallest amount they can. Therefore, employee are overworked and underpaid. They give ridiculous reasons for laying you off when really they just want to cut payroll. The executives are just worried about the bottom line and DO NOT care about their employees at all.
Pros
Ability to work from home, but they don't let you work from home.
Cons
Treats their employees like dirt.
Opportunity to teach in a new forum
Online Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2014
Technology advancements are everywhere. Edgenuity has allowed me the opportunity to teach in a new way. Since I enjoy learning anything new, this has been a great experience.