Do you want to make an impact on cutting edge technology in a start up growth mode? Do you want to make a difference in how services are delivered by the world's largest telecom operators? Do you imagine scaling a platform that can handle millions of requests and calls?
Edgewater Networks is hiring! We are growing beyond our original core products and investing in our future platform. To support our growth, we need to create a highly scalable Cloud based management platform, add Software Defined Networking elements, and refresh our physical CPE to match.
Come join an organization where you'll get to work as part of a world-class team, solve problems that are at a scale few can create, and get to build products that are only bound by the scope of your imagination. We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineers who can architect, design and deliver the Data Tier for our next generation Cloud service platform, built for availability, scalability and flexibility. You will be expected to research data technologies used in highly scalable web sites and services and use best practices to create a world-class scalable product.
The successful candidate will own the architecture, design, development and testing of the platform to ensure that it has high scalability and stability. Creation of such a platform requires innovation at every layer of the hardware and software stack. The ideal candidate is passionate about security and the opportunity to define holistic and innovative approaches to detecting and stopping threats. You will be responsible for architecting the Application Security platform that includes multi-tenant Enterprise and Web-Application firewalls, malware- and virus detection, policy-, application- and identity based traffic control and threat mitigation. You will be responsible for creating value-add features for forensic analysis and generate reports on user activities. As part of this role, you will be keeping up to date on the latest emerging threats and architect multi-pronged approaches to stopping these attacks using innovations at the hardware layer on one hand and high-throughput and ultra low-latency designs at the cloud layer.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Masters preferred.
- 10-12 years of industry leading experience developing complex systems on Unix/Linux
- Demonstrated expertise in developing network security products, preferably with firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention products
- Expert level in networking and core Internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and SSL/TLS, PKI, IPSEC, crypto techniques, key and certificate management
- Strong experience and understanding of network security attack and prevention tools (Wireshark, Metasploit, Snort, Suricata) and signature-based AV protection such as Symantec, Kaspersky, ET Pro
- In-depth knowledge in selected application-layer security fields such as zero-day threats, APT, content inspection, authentication, proxy, SSL VPN gateways and selected network security fields such as stateful protocol firewall, packet processing, TCP/SSL stream inspection, network ACL, and HA etc
- Ability to create modular, object-oriented code that is clear, maintainable and utilizes design patterns and other best practices
- Effectiveness in working both independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work across functional groups
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Deep understanding of SDN/NFV concepts like VXLAN, data plane forwarding technologies, OpenFlow protocol/controller implementations highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization and cloud platforms (KVM, Xen, AWS, Rackspace) a plus
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies including rapid prototyping, test driven development (TDD, BDD), continuous integration, etc.
Immediate opening, send following details:
- Email highlighting above relevant experience
- Your current/previous compensation,
- Reason why you think you are a good fit
- Copy of your latest resume.
Due to high volume of response, we may respond only to shortlisted candidates - thanks for your understanding.
Indeed - 30+ days ago