Edgewood Independent School District Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Lack of professionalism
It's who you know not what you know.
Lack of support.
Teacher turnover is terrible.
Students were great but lack of support.
Don't do there unless you want to ruin your teacher record. I recommend Southwest Isd..Judson Isd...Harlandale Isd
Pros
Kids
Cons
District
Busy but productive
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2017
The success of every child from the first day of school until heading to elementary school. Focusing on independent educational planning for the different learning abilities.
Being about to work with community of all diversity.
na
Secretary of Public Relations (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2017
i do not feel i need to answer this question, nor should i be required to. thank you and have a wonderful day, i am just filling characters at this point
Ok
Assistant Superintendent/Chief of Police (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2017
It was OK stressful at times alot of activities every day. Its a schools district so activities everyday events every night made for a long days week and month.
Not the best place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Management is horrible
No respect towards the teachers
Constantly changing personal and moving them around for no reason. Staff know more about the job then the people in charge
The most enjoyable part of my job
Data Processor "Loma Park Elementary" (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2017
Enjoyable part of my job is ensuring my students are in school. Reaching out to my parents and help them if they are having issues at home.

Great campus!
Pros
Great job, love my peers
Cons
Would love to advance in my career
Reasonably good place to work at
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fine Arts/Career AcademyMay 3, 2017
This was my first experience to work in a Public School in the USA. I found everybody very friendly and supportive. The children are very loving and responsive to the efforts you put in and that gives a teacher the highest level of satisfaction. Children often come from weak family backgrounds and so one is aware that they have not had the best in terms of child rearing practices. Given this dynamic, they have great potential which we can do good with.
Pros
Small numbers because of the profile of the career academy
Cons
Frequent change in directors
Employment
Dual Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2017
This employment was extremely stressful and appeared unstable. I do not feel that my education and experience was properly used to benefit the students and campus
Pros
distance
Cons
management
Great place to work, just like family.
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2017
Too many external factors that have a negative impact on the District (community). Lack of ownership and accountability from many parents. The staff tries hard to reach excellence, this will be accomplished if given the opportunity.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Sense of entitlement with many employees.
Working with children can be challenging.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2017
It is a rewarding experience to see children learning how to read and do math problems. Co-workers are willing to help with any concerns.
Pros
helpful co-workers
Cons
healthcare

Want to know more about Edgewood Independent School District?

Ask a question
It was a good place to work at.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2016
Typical day would be going to cite and checking in with the office to get all the information needed for the day about the class and teacher that I was substituting for. Everyone was always helpful and friendly.
Pros
team work, friendly
Enjoyed my position. Low stress
Clerical Assistant for Truancy Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 11, 2016
Enjoyed my position, however it was a temporary position which did no pay well. If I could afford to have stayed I would have. Friendly environment to work.
nice place to work
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2015
a typical day at work was nice and calm with plenty to do as soon as the kids are let out of classes and sent home. my co workers were nice and helpful with plenty of knowledge about the job. the hardest part of the job was holiday trash had to be taken out before leaving home. the most enjoyable thing about the job was that it was easy and when you punch out.
Pros
easy job
Cons
dirty job
My overall review of Edgewood Independent School District is that is a growing productive school distict.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt Elementary SchoolApril 8, 2015
My typical day of work began with interacting with students walking and parent drivers as they transported students to school. I would help the students safely cross the street. Our school day began with announcements and breakfast. My day as a music teacher was full of various activities ranging from musical instruction and theory, to musical games and folk songs. It would end with a staff meeting or an after-school musical program in which I would teach singing, or instrument playing to a small group of students. Through staff meetings and interactions with students and parents I've learned how to work with others and how to get new ideas or look at old ideas in a new way. Organization is a great key to management and my co-workers arrived at school early and we often had sessions with in our academic discipline to check the progress of campus plans and our interactions with students to help them have the most success. The hardest part of my job was the struggle to keep up with ever-changing technology, but our computer technician really helped us stay on track and up to date. Having my students enjoy learning was by far the most enjoyable part of my job.When students do well on achievement tests or give an enjoyable musical performance, my job satisfaction is complete.
Pros
Small size for interaction with students, parents, teachers administration, and central office. Large enough for new students and new ideas.
Cons
Funds are not always available to do all that one would like to do to reach more students.
Productive and fun place to work in.
Accounting Specialist,Student Records Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Hours I worked were 8-4:30 pm. with 1 hour lunch, Monday to Friday. I learned specific computer skills and software...always willing to learn new skills and programs.

In 26 years I learned the operations of a public school district and it's operations. I made many friends with co-workers and easy to work with.

Because computers were not a part of my school year, I found technology to be somewhat challenging. I was always willing to learn new skills.

My most enjoyable part of my job has been the many friend and life long relationships that were developed throughout the years at Edgewood. I miss working and interacting with so many of them.
Pros
The various activities with students and co-workers.
Cons
n/a
learning experience
cafeteria porter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2014
As a cafeteria porter I was assigned to clean the cafeteria. alot of confusion with administrators and supervisors. This was the first year the district had cafeteria porters. Nobody knew exactly what the order of operations was and management changed direction of the cleaning process often. The pay was not enough and only worked 35 hours a week.
Plesant working conditions
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 8, 2013
5 day work week,rotating shift,i was working days and requested nights to fit my personal schedule.