Edible Arrangements Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Place to Work For If They Let You Do the Job They Hired You For
Fruit Expert (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2016
I was hired on to work in the store (make arrangements, cut the fruit, work the front of the store, etc.). But the day after I started my boss called me and asked if I wanted to be the delivery driver for two weeks and two weeks only. I agreed because it wasn't gonna be my official role. Plus I was told I'd be working in the store on weekends too. Well I rode with a delivery driver for one day, and the next day was told I now had to drive alone. I was told how to work the app they used to make the deliveries, but that's it. I'm not sure what else they could've done, but I've had friends who have had jobs as delivery drivers and they received two weeks of training in the vehicle. So I made the deliveries on my own. There were a few addresses I could not find, but I couldn't return back to the store until they were delivered. I had to deliver one to downtown and I told my boss I was very uncomfortable because I didn't know how to navigate myself, and had been trying to find this place for two hours. She told me to suck it up and find the place. Then the next day the fridge in the back of the van broke, and I didn't notice it until I had gotten out of the van to make my next delivery. I immediately texted my boss and returned to the store. They had began to melt a little bit (chocolate was on the plastic). She told me to make the rest of the deliveries in my personal vehicle. Mind you, my car is old and doesn't have the best AC, and I told her that. Needless to say all 5 arrangements melted, and I was completely blamed for it. It was entirely out of my control, so I don't know  more... why exactly I was blamed for it. Besides this whole issue, I did enjoy being around the good smelling fruit and chocolate.  less
Pros
Lunch break, Free samples, Employee discount
Cons
Minimal training, Will make you work other roles that you were not hired for, Management
Delivery with customer service as the priority
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJ 08753July 23, 2016
I have not missed a day of work since I began delivering. I enjoy driving, I have a clean record, and the challenge to deliver in a timely manner with safety as a priority is extremely important. I have learned that doing your job, and working as a team is extremely important when it comes to co-workers and management. The most enjoyable part of the job, is completing all that has been assigned in a timely manner, which encourages a great relationship with co-workers and management.
Pros
Security
Cons
Not enough hours to meet full-time employment
Not much organization
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 22, 2016
There was not much organization manager takes vacation when all in store employees are new and no one knew why they were doing. Delivery side was very enjoyable I really enjoyed making deliveries everyday all day.
Pros
Was outta the store and out making deliveries
Cons
Healthcare hours breaks
fresh fruit and chocolate
Fruit Expert (Current Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAJuly 16, 2016
What's not to love? I took orders over the phone, prepped and cut fruit, dipped fruit in chocolate, kept orders organized, and ran the register. I opened and I closed.
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
NA
Interesting Fruits
Fruit Expert (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 16, 2016
It can be difficult working sometimes because of how many orders there are in one day and there is usually only two or three people working that day.
Pros
you get to eat your mistakes
Cons
No breaks
N/a
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 15, 2016
Deliver products to residential customers and to professional businesses. Communicated with the store in regards to orders and follow-up instructions. Provide excellent customer service to all of our clients and have a great working relationship with co-workers. Utilize the GPS for directions to delivery locations. Use of the company cell phone. Quick, efficient delivery of refrigerated product.
fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJuly 5, 2016
Holidays can be the most stressing, but the job its self is fun and easy the hours are flexible. The enviroment is usually friendly.
Pros
The job its self is fun, flexible hours, great food
Fun place to work
Delivery Driver & customer service (Former Employee) –  4160 Southside Blvd, Jacksonville, FlJuly 3, 2016
Employees are cross trained, small store with less than 10 employees, you work with fruit in production and take orders in customer service. Laid back environment, everyone has fun working there, management for this location are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Hours are good, pay is good, fruit is good, upbeat environment, customers are usually happy & fun too.
Pros
Awesome management, great staff, fun
Works for teens.
Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 30, 2016
A typical day of work at Edible Arrangements is inconsistent. Depending on how busy the day is, you may sit around for six hours or you may be running around constantly doing something. It's hit or miss. A typical day of work at Edible Arrangements includes heavy focus on customer service and fruit basket production.

While working for Edible Arrangements I did not have much opportunity to learn new skills that I would be able to take to other jobs in the future. The heavy focus on customer service however allowed me to refine my skills. There is little to no room for advancement in title, responsibility or wage.

Management at Edible Arrangements is almost non-existent, if there even is a management level under the store owner. Most store owners in my experience are hands-on owners and manage the store themselves. They are often out of touch with their employees and make unrealistic demands of them on busy holiday schedules like Valentine's Day and Mother's Day.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the corporate offices who often make unrealistic of the store employees in order to satisfy customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the easy-going atmosphere on a slow day.

This job is perfect for teens or adults looking for easy-going work.
great always able to help other employees
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJune 29, 2016
excellent great mtg always able to help other employees, people friendly great company to work for. Working in the rain is the hardest part of job..Packing and delivering products.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJune 28, 2016
Good sales, very productive, flexible hours, free lunch during the holidays, great management, very understanding if you need time off.
Busy place. Time goes by fast.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJJune 28, 2016
It does get pretty busy. Fast paced environment. Must be on top of all orders to not get left behind. In charge of the store on your own. Hours go by pretty fast since theres always something to do.
This was a layed back kind of job and wasn't really professional job.
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 28, 2016
I would walk into work get no good morning or anything this was a layed back job I would ask what do they need me to do and they would some time say nothing this was not real work this was easy money and there was no learning experience gained from this job.
Pros
This was easy money.
Best seasonal job ever
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJune 25, 2016
The crew at Edible Arrangements in Cranford is not only friendly and team-oriented, but the owners are completely engaged in making sure everyone is trained and feels appreciated regardless of what job that are doing. Highly recommended.
Just Say No
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 21, 2016
Did my seven years here-- new management, new owners, new slave driving. If you work here, you need to be single..forever, not have children, not have parents, do not even have a dog that you need to go home to. You will be on call, you will work weekends, you will work over nights on holidays. You will be exhausted. No benefits, no perks, but you will always smell good.
Pros
fruit.
Cons
everything.
Very good place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work was great and all my coworkers worked very hard.The owners were very easy to get along with and worked around my schedule. Its a gre.at place to work
Pros
early mornings
Cons
short breaks
Fruit Expert (Current Employee) –  TXJune 20, 2016
I've been there over two years. I really enjoy working there. Great co-workers, wonderful owner, good hour, fun atmosphere, nice customers!!
Pros
Great employees, fun atmopshere
Cons
non
awsome work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2016
Edible Arrangments is a great work place it has wonderful co workers, its a fun environment There teaching techniques are easy and knowledgeable. All around cool job.
Pros
You learn cool tricks and trates. you learn costumer service skills.
Fun work place with great people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJune 12, 2016
would only recommend to people who are extrovert and love talking and greeting people, i personally never had a problem with any customers and people love receiving gifts. along with my manager my coworkers were also great and enjoyable, even though i was a driver.
Pros
free samples and discounts
Cons
little breaks, work environment depends on other workers, long drives and they don't pay your gas.
Productive Working Environment
Managerial Customer Service/Production (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be to prepare fruit by cutting and putting on sticks and then designing into an arrangement. Also, answering phone calls to help customers place orders or answer general questions.