Edina Realty Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Listing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNMay 22, 2016
Only a part time every other weekend job. Pay is very good compensation for the job. People are very nice.
I would like to find full time employment here.
avoid the hastings/cottage grove/red wing offices
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNFebruary 14, 2017
the manager at these offices is stretched out way to thin. he does not have time for new employees. he is also not a very available person. specifically the hastings office is full of very rude people, a very cliquey place.
Pros
freedom
Cons
no support
Good place to Start
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 23, 2017
Edina Realty offers a good starting place for new agents. They will help you learn the skills you need to be successful. You need to show up.
Pros
Office and training
Cons
Real Estate is Tough
Became more proficient and knowledgeable in real estate
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNDecember 28, 2016
When doing BPO ( Broker price opinion) is sort of an informal appraisal; an opinion of value from the agent/broker. Its cheaper than paying for an actual appraisal.
Loved the company
Realtor/Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Chmplin, MNJanuary 9, 2017
I was self employed o I made my own schedule. Commission plan was fair and the tools and sites made by Edina Realty were very helpful, Always some to troubleshot issues. Etc. Great company.
Great Place to work especially for those highly motivated in sales.
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, Grand Ave officeOctober 11, 2012
I learned new systems and thrived in learning legal documentation for the listing and sale of homes. I continuously followed up on conversations and generated my own leads by introducing myself to new people every chance I got. Sat in homes in great ares of Saint Paul, MN and helped market and find buyers. The Management and culture are amazing and it is very hard to break into the real estate world as such a young person. The best part is there are not set hours or pay, but that's also the worst part. It is purely commission based and I need a little more structure and salary.
Pros
great people
Cons
no salary, w2
Friendly staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 16, 2016
Posting new house listings, answering calls, scheduling showings. Hardest part of the job...dealing with unhappy realtors. Best part of the job having great boss.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short breaks if a break at all.
Great Corporate Business
Regional Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WISeptember 1, 2015
This is a well organized and very knowledgeable corporate business that is based out-of-state. The management was always available when needed. The company took very good care of the employee's and agents. Agents were acknowledged for high sales and hard work.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Meetings were in MN
I have worked for this company in two very distinctly different areas.
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 2, 2016
I would attend weekly sales meetings, attend open houses and actively participate in the bi-annual Parade of Homes.

Try to obtain sales leads via various marketing tools and working in conjunction with the Office Sales Managers. There was various other tools at my disposal through Edina's Software Program, Prokit to obtain factual data about the past, present and future of the Real Estate environment.

I truly enjoyed and respected my managers as well as my co-workers.

I think the hardest thing was that you never truly have a day off, but on the same hand, it was great to be your own boss. You work hard, but smart.
Fun and challenging workplace
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 5, 2015
Every day is something different. Meet all sorts of new people. On the go constantly with a wide range of responsibilities. Ability to use own creativity as needed. Flexible schedules.
Pros
Flexible, commission, fun, and challenging
Cons
Commission and no benefits

Want to know more about Edina Realty?

Ask a question
Well respected real estate company with exceptional standards in customer service.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 26, 2013
A typical day in the office involved attending to a variety of needs for the customers, agents and staff. I also was in charge of daily office logistics. I supervised and trained the staff daily.
Pros
great commoratory with co-workers. well respected company. great benefits.
Fun workplace
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIMarch 16, 2016
I had a lot of fun working for this company. I was able to see clients buy their first home. I also helped create ads and schedule showings. Was also able to view pictures of great houses.
Seeking a part-time position in a company offering high quality service and/or products. Must be challenging, detail-oriented and multi-tasking.
Residential Realtor (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 11, 2015
I am most productive in a work environment that is active and co-workers are motivated and challenged to do a great job. I work best where there is a challenge in the job and I am allowed to do my best. I do not need supervision or lots of direction. I enjoy learning and completing tasks and keep the process moving forward.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
un-motivated management or co-workers
The best real estate company in Minnesota
Broker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNJuly 2, 2015
Each office had a broker, office administrator and knowledgeable front desk folks. Education was a top priority for Edina Realty along with technology. We had quick answers to questions and upper management had an open-door policy.
Pros
Free food, great morale, competition games, social/team building activities.
Cons
Commission based profession.
Productive and motivating team
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNDecember 15, 2015
Edina realty is a motivating environment for realtors. Solid training, and leadership with opportunity for growth. Broker is available for questions almost 24 hours a day.
Fantastic place to work - dubbed my "happy place"
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNApril 10, 2014
I've done almost everything most days. From inputting listing, filing, and assisting with marketing. Agents are mostly wonderful to work with and show appreciation to the staff. Hardest part is when the market is slower and trying to find busy work when you've already done everything.
Pros
Flexability of management staff when help needed
Cons
No real walk away breaks, but when it's slow that's fine
Great place to work!
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMarch 28, 2015
As a realtor you are your own boss but if you need any help or advice your manager will always be there for you! At Edina Realty you get the best possible training and continue to learn throughout your career.
Pros
Flexible
Good quality company.
Realtor/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNDecember 6, 2013
Fun place to work. Everyone was very nice and helpful. everyone got along great. Good culture. Good management.
Pros
Lots.
Cons
Commission.
Great point of origination real estate sales company
Real Estate Sales, Northwest (Current Employee) –  Spooner, WISeptember 3, 2012
List and sell real estate in Northwest Wisconsin. All agents take floor time to cover walk ins and calls during the week. We have bi-F weekly office meetings with our Broker. The hardest part of this job is the unknown factor of income. The most injoyable part is at closing when the buyer has a huge smile on their face when they finally get to move into their new home.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unknown income
Loved using my Creativity to Stage Peoples Homes
REALTOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 10, 2013
There isn't a typical day in real-estate.
I learned how to work with people, treating them with respect.
Making people feel like I am really looking out for their best interest.

Liked my co-workers a lot, we got along great.

Hardest part - was working open houses when it was slow.

Enjoyable part - meeting new clients, working within their budget and being creative in helping them make their homes looks great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edina Realty. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4