Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District Employee Reviews in United States

the most enjoyable part of the job
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the highly rewards which I have experienced from working with children with multiply disabilities. And being assured by my immediate supervisor I have been performing highly at my duties and responsibilities. Also being recognized that we are someone very important to our students in our District. It's enjoyable to acknowledge the fact that among my co-workers is a feeling of a greatness, sharing and helping each other learning new ideas in the Education Field.
Pros
rewards, lunches, banquets, benefits, flexible hours, vacation, happy environment
Cons
none at present
Assume all duties of the regular classroom teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 11, 2016
Report to the office and meet with the appropriate administrator for orientation to school policies and procedures such as attendance, discipline, class schedules and lesson plans. Assume all duties of the regular classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules. This may include bus, lunchroom, playground, hall duty or other duties assigned by the building principal.
Experienced, energetic, creative, team player
teacher (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I am a 17 year veteran middle school teacher with a passion for helping English Language Learners and struggling readers. I taught ESL for 12 years at B.L. Garza Middle School. I was responsible for providing third year immigrants with intensive Reading, Writing and Oral Language Instruction. I also taught first and second year immigrants content area Science. I currently teach Reading Intervention in the CAI Reading Lab. I'm not only responsible for preparing students for the STAAR Reading Exam, but I also oversee the function and partial maintenance of the 27+ computers in my room. We utilize the programs Success Maker and i-Ready. I have strong discipline management and an ability to mulit-task which is evident due to the fact that I teach all three grade levels at the same time. I'm able to differentiate curriculum and help struggling readers using a variety of different strategies. I have a Master's in Educational Leadership and I'm ready to pursue a career that will utilize this certification.
Great opportunity
Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  EdinburgAugust 16, 2015
The intern technology program was a great experience for me. I feel it helps out both the community and college students mutually with a decent pay internship and field experience. The technology department as a whole is well coordinated from what I witnessed.
Pros
Works with school schedule, decent pay, adequate training, appreciation luncheons
Cons
Short breaks, workload depending on campus servicing
Loved my students
Law Enforcement Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 11, 2015
The students were my heart and soul while at Edinburg High School (EHS), unfortunately the administration lacked the basic idea of support to the teachers and staff. The problem was not only with the principal and assistant principals but went all the way up to the Superintendent of Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District. Teachers pay was frozen at the request of the superintendent who continually requested pay raises for himself, his pay more than doubled and almost tripled in three years.

The moral of the teaches at EHS was extremely low due to the abusive/threatening nature of the administration. Do yourself a favor and skip this school district unless it is your last resort.
Pros
I had some very good students in my four years at EHS.
Cons
Administration is lacking in basic support of the staff.
Trendsetters
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 1, 2015
ECISD prides itself in its ability to set the bar for educational goals in the region. I was able to be at the forefront of adoption curve. ECISD allows you to sit back and concern yourself only with your classroom, or you can leap into the dynamic arena of innovation at ECISD. The decision is yours.
Pros
Resources and opportunities
Cons
Size at times makes you feel as a number
Great Communication Skills Makes Better Work Environment
Public Education Information Management System (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 10, 2015
I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason. Every morning when I wake up to go to work, I take the time to appreciate the skills that I have gained these past years. My previous co-workers have been a life long learning experience. I never thought that learning to be professional can also have affect in your outside life. I have developed great character and good personality. We use our skills throughout out everyday routine life, making the person we are today. Like I mentioned, one person's performance can affect another person's performance. So I thank and appreciate everyday for the opportunities that come along my way. I remind myself the reasons why I get up early in the morning to go to work, the smell of hot coffee in the morning, to order the breakfast tacos. To greet and to be greeted. To be humble is like having a second chance at a great future, not taking things for granted, not taking things personal, knowing the needs before knowing the wants but if a lesson is being directed then for us to apply ourselves to learn. When I go to work, I am already preparing myself on what needs to get the job done. Sharing good times with co-workers is a big plus. It really does make the difference for everyone else. I remember when I cheered up a co-worker, you could see that there was something the matter, I wanted to help in trying to cheer them up but not knowing how to approach them, I then did with a smile and a good compliment, a few good words that could mean the most for someone that day. If you apply the skill to make someone smile or to get the job  more... done when necessary, they are all valuable in everyway.  less
Pros
Learing more from everyday social life
Cons
Knowing that when we make a mistake, we learn to excpet it but to learn not to let it happen
Amazing School Disctric
Technology Dept. Intern (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TxMarch 24, 2015
As a former student, I have no disappointments with this school district. Great place to learn and also to work. Awesome place!
excellent place to work
Payroll Information Specialist/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXSeptember 10, 2012
excellent place to work. very good co workers. good values. good management overall. however too much politics sometimes
Senior Army Instructor
Senior Army Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 29, 2012
We were required to help out with all civic organizations and other groups and work weekend and we were never compensated. For example the coaches got coach's pay and so on. We go no stipend at all.
Pros
work environment was great, i really enjoyed working at edinburg north high school.
Cons
too much overtime and i did not get paid for it.

4.5