Edison Chouest Offshore Employee Reviews

Solid Company
Yard Operations Supervisor/Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  C-Port 3 Port FourchonFebruary 4, 2017
I have worked for Edison Chouest Offshore for 12 years now. The oilfield has been a very unstable industry, the past few years. However, I have been lucky enough to continue to have a job. They have had pay cuts, and skimmed back on bonuses and the other perks, but in the 12 years that I have worked here, I can honestly say that it has been a pleasure. I just want to be able to move up, and better myself, for myself and my family. I no longer see that being an option with ECO.
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
Benefits Cost, Ability to advance past a certain point
Family Oriented Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cut Off, LAJanuary 11, 2017
ECO was a great place to start out in the workforce. A typical day at the office would depend on what projects needed to be done. Some days were very slow while others were super busy. Because of the decline in oil prices, there were more slow days than busy days. But there was always something to do.
Pros
Lunch provided on the grounds, benefits were very good, good place to start out.
Cons
Felt like someone was always watching you, some attitudes were not the greatest, always have to be aware of the "Family" who runs the company.
Just go with the flow and you'll do fine
Captain (Current Employee) –  Galliano, LANovember 26, 2016
Great benefits. The company started small and grew to a huge player in the oil service division. Well run company with decent people in charge. You are your own limit when it comes to advancements and promotions. Work schedule is rough on family life but if your willing to be away from home most of the year it's not so bad.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Home life suffers
Great company
AB Rigger (Former Employee) –  Galliano, LADecember 15, 2016
Needle gun and grinding are almost ever day thing when working offshore so if you are not a self starter than don't work in saltwater.
Working in an environment with 20 plus other people for 28 days and only 12,000 Square feet can become a bit much for some so understad that before you leave land.
Excellent Group of Men
Offshore Cook (Former Employee) –  Cut Off, LASeptember 4, 2016
The tour of Duty consisted of 28 days on and 14 days off. Our Vessel, (The Carol) supplied several Oil Rigs in the Gulf with supplies.
My duties were to prepare meals for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I would also prepare foods for the men on night shift to give them a balanced meal. One cook per boat.
We had a diversified group of men from as far away as Poland and Honduras. I made sure that everyone was satisfied with their meals. We all worked as a team.
Bill
Pros
Would replace defective equipment when needed
Cons
Can't think of anything that matters.
good company making bad decisions
Able-bodied Seaman (Current Employee) –  Galliano, LASeptember 17, 2016
great company that has free schooling to help you advance. Major pay cuts to employees due to oil and gas industry downturn, but they donated one million to the local senators fundraiser.... theres talk of shutting the training center down.
Pros
free training, free housing for individuals
Cons
no more free housing, and no more 401k match
Over a good company to work for when your trying to obtain experience.
Qmed Qualified member of engineering department (Current Employee) –  Cut Off, LANovember 7, 2016
Great company just wasn't enough being made to support my family.. great work schedule a lot to be learned competitive, fast pace easy to learn operation..
Pros
Training and experience
Lots to Learn and advancements
Mate O.S.V. in charge of Navigational watch (Former Employee) –  Galliano, LANovember 6, 2016
12 hour days
Coworkers all have different levels of knowledge and placements,there is much to learn from everyone.

Some management can be out of touch with employees. But Most were helpful with advancement.
Really good company to work for and really good schedule
Able Bodied Seaman (Former Employee) –  Cut Off, LASeptember 7, 2016
Long shifts, but you get used to them and actually start to enjoy it. I like how it is all up to you to try and learn new things on the vessel to better your self. Really enjoyed the schedule of 28 days out and 14 days home.
Pros
Free food. And paid plane flights
Cons
The weather was pretty dramatic
Okay to work for.
Able Bodied Seaman (Current Employee) –  Fourchon, LAJanuary 8, 2017
A typical day consists of maintenance to the equipment in the field using a crane and also using taggers. Also may tow tankers while they are moored offshore to be pumped off.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Gone away from home too long.
Oil field work
Offshore worker (Current Employee) –  Cut Off, LASeptember 29, 2016
No complaints, though currently with the downfall of oil prices working offshore in the oil patch is very slow. Any day out here can be your last day. It all depends on if your working a good contract or not. The company is strong and will do what they can in order to keep you working.
Fast paced work enviroment
Captain 1600 ton oceans (Former Employee) –  Galliano, LADecember 9, 2016
Great salary with 4 to 6 months off per year. Job can be stressful at times with vessel traffic and offshore weather conditions.
Pros
Excelent salary
Cons
Away from home and family for 6 to 8 months a year
Productive learning environment with plenty of room for growth
Mate (Former Employee) –  Galliano, LAJanuary 20, 2017
In a typical work day you would wake up for watch at either midnight, noon, or 0600 hrs. A day's work depends on your position on the vessel. A deckhand would spend the day cleaning the vessel, chipping rust, painting, or even loading the vessel with cargo. Engineers would keep the vessel running by checking fluids, changing oil in engines, or even repairing bearings or pumps. The bridge personnel will update charts, maneuver the vessel around port, communicate with dispatch, and liason between dispatch and coordinator. The culture is very diversed due to the fact that people are hired from everywhere in the world. Also, some of the vessels work in different countries. The hardest part of the job is probably being anyway from home and your family for such long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably meeting such a diverse group of people and seeing different cultures.
Pros
great meals, amenities as if you're on land, exercise equipment
Cons
being away from home for such long periods of time
Working offshore is a great job financially, but your away from family all the time.
Able Seaman (Current Employee) –  Cut Off, LAJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of loading up cargo to bring to drill ships. Your co-workers become family because you're around them when your on or off watch. The toughest part about my job is not being able to spend enough family time with my family. I think many merchant mariners wouldn't work out here if it was't for the pay
Pros
free meals & great benifits
Cons
working in rough weather conditions here and there.
Great place for advancement
Able Bodied Seaman & Q.M.E.D. Oiler (Former Employee) –  Cut Off, LANovember 30, 2016
While employed at Edison Chouest Offshore i had a great experience but i wanted to find a job closer to Washington State.
Pros
Training and advancement
Accountant assistant
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cut Off, LAJanuary 30, 2017
Worked for the head accountant assisting in any tasks needed. Typically made copies and filed reports from day to day. Great ownership, great place to work.
Began fun then entire company regressed into self-implosion
Captain (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAJune 24, 2016
If you are not of the bayou as they say then eventually you will be denigrated when not present in the room and you will be replaced by some one who is much lesser qualified than you even to the point sometimes its bordering illegal if not blatantly. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone who values another living soul. You as a person will not be treated fairly nor even slightly respected any capacity by at least 50% of the management personnel there.
Pros
Was good pay and benefits
Cons
Just pure greed breed to a hostile environment
Advancement based on employees willingness to acquire Coast Guard licenses.
Master of Vessel (Former Employee) –  Cut Off, LAAugust 5, 2016
Great pay and benefits if willing to work 28 days away from home. It provided a different environment that any job in Memphis. The diversity of the oil rigs is amazing and it is truly a learning experience.
Company is family oriented and serious about keeping employees
oiler/ 4000 DDE (Former Employee) –  Cut Off, LAJune 27, 2016
I love this company . I would not work for another until I have been laid off do to no work for the company. They were gracious to explain why and I understood the circumstances.
Pros
Excellent pay, excellent benefits, excellent managing.
Cons
There is no cons
Faat paced,industrial,safety oriented,technical,job
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Larose, LAJune 21, 2016
A 12 hour day was a short day always something new to repair or attempt to fix to complete job. Always learned something new about machinery,always training junior personnel, doing required paperwork as per class society and us coast guard.
Pros
Training
Cons
Job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edison Chouest Offshore. Our community is ready to answer.

90%