Edison International

Edison International Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, many club affiliations available, educational reimbursement
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Edison International is a great place to work. I enjoyed all my years there. The staff and executives were very open to help you learn. It was about making the company look great. The culture of the company encouraged diversity while maintaining a balance with individuality.
Pros
Lots of functions for employees, great benefits
Cons
The company has little cons. Individuals sometimes made it project success harder than it had to be.
Good company to work for but....
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST/SCIENTIST III (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 22, 2015
Edison: is really good company to work for, except Security department had lots of changes in their managements, style and leadership in that dept. was (is) terrible, lots of uneducated\unprofessional, especially you wanna to bring new ideas, new technology, or meeting deadlines. or get things done, lack of communications etc..lots of challenges on the way will block you to succeed due to culture of Utility company is so different.
Once Company investing in you by giving Trainings, Certifications, etc..then they let you go due to lack of budget, or outsourcing to some other companies, rather than utilizing their own people, advance them, use their talents, this company waste those are hard working, energetic, meeting deadlines and dreams of advancements, are now gone.!!
Their employees should work as A-Team concept, instead are working against each other", shows fall out\failure or mismanagement & their arrogance. - that is So Sad.
Overall, its excellent Company to work for sure, if you can survive.!!
Pros
in review
Cons
in review
Mismanaged
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 10, 2016
Micromanaged and overburdened staff members. Passive-aggressive managers. Co-workers are very friendly but are always looking over their shoulders. Quotas' driven work structure.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Passive-Aggressive Managers.
Provided a lot of training and advancement
Southern California Edison (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAFebruary 12, 2015
A great company to work for. Advancement was always possible through training and experience. It was also possible to make career change.
Pros
security, salary, benefits
Cons
heavy political management
Edison International is a changing company.
Investment Officer (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I work in a good group. My teammates are hard working. I have exposure to many great people. However, the company is changing.
A company with great compensation and benefits.
Nuclear Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Edison, CASeptember 2, 2012
There is a lot of training going on all the time. I am lucky to be working with quite a few talented craftsmen. The hardest part of my job is dealing with management. Once out in the field with my co-workers, it's smooth sailing.
Pros
great pay and benefits.
Cons
management can be tough to deal with.
Edison International is a great place to work.
Sr. Alarm Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 11, 2013
I loved this job, the people and teamwork are great. The day to day job is consistent and rewarding.
Pros
great company to work for, benefits and compensation.
Cons
advancement is limited.
didn't like
shift Operator/ Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAApril 11, 2014
if you want to work with people that have no empathy what so ever, work your back off every day and night with a crazy schedule, under so much pressure and stressful environment, the managers think they are Gods, not caring workmates. and then they won't even hesitate to get you fired with no warnings or consultation or anything regardless of being having a family and kids and house payment. go work for this place and end up out in the street, the money is ok but what good is going to do if they let you go
Great Places until Enron
National Director Dealer Operations (Former Employee) –  San Deimos CAJuly 28, 2013
Great people, benefits and a place to grow. If not for the thieves at Enron who almost destroyed the company, I and many many other great people would still be there. The security division was sold to save Edison from BK because of Enron fixing energy prices. Edison is a first class company. I wish all there the very best.
Good experience in the Utility Industry
Sr Project Manager, PMO -SMART CONNECT PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAApril 15, 2013
I came into this project during the last phase or last 9 months and my job was to help with the completion activities and tasks and projects/modules that were to be completed. Project Manage the various initiatives, create 2010 MS project plans, manage resources, manage risks , vendor management

Overall a good experience
the most enjoyable part of the job
Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CANovember 25, 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job is the team culture. accounting department worked as a team and stayed until the last man went home
Took care of over 200 employees handling all benefits, accounting and HR
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 24, 2014
I reviewed income statements and balance sheets for offices in several states determining what offices needed to be closed. Taking the company from offices loosing money or in the red to earning over 45% in my first year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edison International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8