Edison Nation is currently seeking a talented, passionate contract-to-hire video editor and videographer to assist our in-house production team in Charlotte, NC. Responsibilities will consist of 75% Editing and 25% Shooting/Production related tasks. Qualified candidates will be able to edit everything from promo packages for our website to full-scale nationwide TV launches for our “As Seen On TV” products.
Duties include pre-production, lighting for both indoors and outdoors shoots, operating DSLR camera package for video capturing and product photography, as well as audio recording through various equipment.
- Excels in various aspects of production including lighting, DSLR Video, DSLR Photography, Zoom audio recording and animation.
- Master level in editing software: FCP7, After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and Magic Bullet
- Deep understanding of codecs, exporting, transcoding and converting video files.
- Expert level sense for timing, pacing and working with music
- Excels in final mastering of spots (balancing audio, color correcting, fine tuning cuts, etc.)
- Ability to edit quickly, efficiently and integrate notes on the fly
- Deep knowledge of the production and post-production process with the ability to troubleshoot tech issues.
The right candidate will have the following attributes:
- 3-5 years of hands-on relevant editing and shooting experience
- Great organizational skills Highly responsible, collaborative and self-motivated
- Team player that can collaboratively work with marketing team, production staff, and management. Also have the ability to work independently
- Must be comfortable with a fast-paced environment where you'll need to be willing to go with the flow and change your direction when needed
- Be a good listener who is ready to implement accordingly
- Strong creative vision and willing to bring fresh ideas to the table each and every week
- You must have a positive attitude and take a "no excuses" approach to your work