Edison State College

Edison State College Employer Reviews

GREAT experience and a very rewarding career
Police Sergeant (Former Employee), Naples, FLJuly 24, 2014
Great school with excellent staff and faculty and wonderful students, Retired as a police sergeant and commanding officer at the Ciller County Campus. The college recently changed the name of the school to Florida South Western State College. The main campus is located in Ft. Myers, Fl.
Productive Work Environment
Student Worker (Current Employee), Fort Myers , FLJune 9, 2014
*Productive Enviroment
*Positive Co-workers
*Scanning , Indexing , Customer Service
Stressful Environment
Financial Aid/ VA Specialist (Former Employee), Ft Myers, FLMay 30, 2014
Pros: some benefits
Cons: high stress/ hostile environment
Fast paced work production. lunch break 1/2 hour. Poor Management in various department/ areas.
Fun and Knowledgeable
Student Assistant (Former Employee), ft myers FLMay 13, 2014
If you are a student and are looking for a part time job while going to school, student assistant programs are right for you.

Working at the College tests you ability to listen to others while giving the best knowledge to the people you are assisting. It is basic office work while assisting the staff in any way they need. It is very laid back and flexible – more... with your school schedule so you will not feel tied down to a job while you focus on your school work. – less
Friendly Atmosphere with diligent workers
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Naples, FLMarch 28, 2014
Pros: convenient location, and break room.
Cons: office space.
Though the hours are extended can be intense and lengthened during rush periods at the beginning and ends of the semesters due to the volume of students their system works efficiently.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 21, 2014
A great place to work if you are a student at Edison State College, very flexible with work schedule.
Dream Job
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 9, 2014
Worked with students struggling with the content area of English. This included students who were returning to school seeking a college degree, as well as stduents who were new to America.
I was a temp person, so don't feel qualified to review
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), College Parkway, Ft. Myers, FLDecember 13, 2013
Pros: very nice staff
Cons: employees feel their job isn't important
A lot of excess personnel that have been working there for years, waiting retirement. Insecure staff.
Unreliable employment
Student Assistant, Tutor (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 27, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: few hours, low pay, students not making their appointments
Working in the tutoring center at Edison College involved meeting with students one on one and assisting them in math.

My least favorite thing about this job was it's complete dependance on the student showing up in order for me to get paid for my time. Often the student that I was supposed to tutor would not show up for the session without any notice. – more... However, it was very enjoyable for me to assist someone in understanding a concept that was difficult for them and helping them pass their class. – less
Very good people
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 24, 2013
They are friendly and very helpful. I like the job a lot. I would like to keep the job and work another job at the same time sso im able to afford my tuition.
small town college
Full-time student (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLMay 23, 2013
typical community college. Small class rooms with a lot of highschool kids attending classes.
Fun
Line Cook (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLMay 8, 2013
Pros: the atmosphere
Cons: no growth
Fun experience with different levels of students and being involved with the school.
Benefits are good. To many Chiefs
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 6, 2013
Pros: paid for my education was a nice benefit. some wonderful co-workers was the best part of edison.
Cons: to many chiefs, not enough support for the indians. low pay for most. some of them need management training.
On a typical day I prioritized my work load and multi tasked when necessary. I processed purchase orders, completed change orders. I completed tax exempts as needed and maintained the vendor database as necessary. I learned that you cannot put a price tag on a good boss.
Not too fun
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 13, 2012
This job was a semester job. It wasn't ideal. I tutored twice a week and didn't really enjoy it. It wasn't my kind of job.
Very difficult place to work. No nursing management or inexperienced in place.
Professor of Nursing (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLAugust 3, 2012
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: devious, unqualified department heads, active bullying in work enviroment.
Edison is on probation for some very good reasons. The infrastructure of the entire institution was nonexistent with underqualified individuals in management positions. Add to this the fraudulent activity taking place made it a very difficult place to work.

The instruction of nursing students was as always a joy and I enjoyed each of my advanced placement – more... and basic ADN students.
I also enjoyed a great board passing rate. – less
Edison State College
Distance Learning and IT (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 13, 2012
Fast growing state college serving a 5 county region in southwest Florida.
Unfair work environment. Was sanctioned for accepting inappropriate courses toward graduation. For example, aerobics for social siciences.
Professor of Nursing (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 24, 2012
Pros: nice campus. nice lab.
Cons: lack of veracity, ethics, etc.
This college told faculty that their RN to BSN program was accredited but failed to say that it was the college that was accredited by SACS and there was no Nursing accreditation. When the faculty and students found out they said it didn't matter and students graduating from this program would be able to get into graduate nursing programs which is not – more... true. Now students are suing them because they have been denied based on the lack of nursing accreditation of their attended program. They paid extra pay to some faculty to do jobs and then asked those not receiving compensation to do the job for them. They are all over the news in Fort Myers for multiple ethical and legal problems. You can see video streams from the news stations there. – less
Decent place of employment
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FloridaMarch 3, 2012
Not much to say about working at Edison State College. For more info pleas inquire.