Edison State College Employee Reviews in United States

Great Work Environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 2, 2015
Great Place to work.Typical day at work for a Tutor is helping out students with the topic they are struggling with.The management is very good.As long as we do our job, they treat us very nicely.The hardest part are the days that never end.The most enjoyable part of the job is having an opportunity to help someone master the topic they were struggling with.
Pros
Have Access to fridge to store lunch.Can use break room to take break or eat lunch.
Cons
Occasionally you will get a difficult student or have a day that does not end.
Work Where You Learn
Peer Tutor/Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJune 1, 2015
Every day holds something different working here. There are daily projects that need to be done, and they are never the same. You get the opportunity to interact with students from school that you may not otherwise know. As a tutor, you are widely respected by your peers, as well as by faculty and staff. The best part about the job is that it is entirely based around your class schedule. You have the chance to make your own hours, and schedule appointments only when you have to be on campus. So really, there is no added expense for commuting, and you don't have to work on days you don't want.
Pros
Flexible schedule, networking opportunities, earn respect of professors
Cons
Management expectations do not match pay
positive and appreciative place to work
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort. Myers, FLMay 11, 2015
I loved the positive atmosphere and great appreciation the administration exhibited to all employees, including adjuncts.

I left to return to my home in MA, but i was told if I ever returned to Florida to live, I would have a job there.

I was scheduled to teach a course on cultural diversity in education but moved back to MA.

Financial compensation was not as good as MA., but I still loved the job.
My best educational experience
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLFebruary 14, 2015
Excellent work environment and good technical support. I really love work with them. It was a good experience and help me to improve my personal and professional performance.
great work place
Peer Architect (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJuly 29, 2014
I enjoyed working with the students and helping them with their projects and papers.
GREAT experience and a very rewarding career
Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 24, 2014
Great school with excellent staff and faculty and wonderful students, Retired as a police sergeant and commanding officer at the Ciller County Campus. The college recently changed the name of the school to Florida South Western State College. The main campus is located in Ft. Myers, Fl.
Productive Work Environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers , FLJune 9, 2014
*Productive Enviroment
*Positive Co-workers
*Scanning , Indexing , Customer Service
Stressful Environment
Financial Aid/ VA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft Myers, FLMay 30, 2014
Fast paced work production. lunch break 1/2 hour. Poor Management in various department/ areas.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
high stress/ hostile environment
Fun and Knowledgeable
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  ft myers FLMay 13, 2014
If you are a student and are looking for a part time job while going to school, student assistant programs are right for you.

Working at the College tests you ability to listen to others while giving the best knowledge to the people you are assisting. It is basic office work while assisting the staff in any way they need. It is very laid back and flexible with your school schedule so you will not feel tied down to a job while you focus on your school work.
Friendly Atmosphere with diligent workers
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 28, 2014
Though the hours are extended can be intense and lengthened during rush periods at the beginning and ends of the semesters due to the volume of students their system works efficiently.
Pros
convenient location, and break room.
Cons
office space.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 21, 2014
A great place to work if you are a student at Edison State College, very flexible with work schedule.
Dream Job
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 9, 2014
Worked with students struggling with the content area of English. This included students who were returning to school seeking a college degree, as well as stduents who were new to America.
I was a temp person, so don't feel qualified to review
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  College Parkway, Ft. Myers, FLDecember 13, 2013
A lot of excess personnel that have been working there for years, waiting retirement. Insecure staff.
Pros
very nice staff
Cons
employees feel their job isn't important
Unreliable employment
Student Assistant, Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 27, 2013
Working in the tutoring center at Edison College involved meeting with students one on one and assisting them in math.

My least favorite thing about this job was it's complete dependance on the student showing up in order for me to get paid for my time. Often the student that I was supposed to tutor would not show up for the session without any notice. However, it was very enjoyable for me to assist someone in understanding a concept that was difficult for them and helping them pass their class.
Pros
helping others
Cons
few hours, low pay, students not making their appointments
Very good people
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 24, 2013
They are friendly and very helpful. I like the job a lot. I would like to keep the job and work another job at the same time sso im able to afford my tuition.
small town college
Full-time student (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMay 23, 2013
typical community college. Small class rooms with a lot of highschool kids attending classes.
Fun
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMay 8, 2013
Fun experience with different levels of students and being involved with the school.
Pros
the atmosphere
Cons
no growth
Benefits are good. To many Chiefs
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 6, 2013
On a typical day I prioritized my work load and multi tasked when necessary. I processed purchase orders, completed change orders. I completed tax exempts as needed and maintained the vendor database as necessary. I learned that you cannot put a price tag on a good boss.
Pros
paid for my education was a nice benefit. some wonderful co-workers was the best part of edison.
Cons
to many chiefs, not enough support for the indians. low pay for most. some of them need management training.
Not too fun
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 13, 2012
This job was a semester job. It wasn't ideal. I tutored twice a week and didn't really enjoy it. It wasn't my kind of job.
Very difficult place to work. No nursing management or inexperienced in place.
Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLAugust 3, 2012
Edison is on probation for some very good reasons. The infrastructure of the entire institution was nonexistent with underqualified individuals in management positions. Add to this the fraudulent activity taking place made it a very difficult place to work.

The instruction of nursing students was as always a joy and I enjoyed each of my advanced placement and basic ADN students.
I also enjoyed a great board passing rate.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
devious, unqualified department heads, active bullying in work enviroment.