Editure Professional Development (“Editure PD”), which has an office in Austin, TX is seeking an innovative and passionate Technical Architect to join our technology team. Editure PD, best known for its Aussie PD division, offers a full suite of professional development solutions for teachers and administrators in schools and education authorities. The company provides online and onsite academic and technology professional development and consulting services to more than 5,000 schools in 25 states. For more information, visit http://www.editurepd.com.
Editure Professional Development is developing a new technology product offering for its customers for efficiently planning, tracking, and measuring professional development. The Technical Architect will be part of the core technology team responsible for bringing this product to market. This position provides a great opportunity to work with a strong and highly motivated team in a fast growing business. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Defining and setting up application architecture and infrastructure
- Provide technical guidance to the development team and assist in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of web-based products.
- Hands on development - prototypes and product modules
- Identify and resolve complex issues and develop innovative solutions for the product.
- Develop or specify functionality and developer workflow to achieve release readiness
- Review employee source code to monitor for best practices, level of effort, and documentation
- Review and approve code submissions; schedule and prioritize work assignments
- Train and mentor others
- At least 7 years of experience with at least 2 years of experience as an Architect
- Deep experience architecting web solutions for enterprise customers, including front-end, back-end and infrastructure layers.
- Experience in designing and optimizing transactional relational databases
- Excellent understanding of object oriented programming
- Comfortable with Agile Methodology
- Prior experience with continuous integration systems
- Good understanding of Unit testing and other testing methodologies
- Working experience with Bootstrap, JQuery, Prototype and/or other frameworks
- Solid understanding of Linux operating system
- Familiarity JIRA/GreenHopper or other software project management software
- Ability to estimate projects large and small, including assessing and mitigating risk
- Experience with release and configuration management
- Expertise desired: Linux, Apache, Cloud (AWS or Rackspace), Postgres, PHP5 (LAMP), Shell Scripting, JS, JQuery, Bootstrap, CSS, Git, XML, REST, HTML4/5, MVC
- Degree in CS or Engineering