EDMC Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 27, 2017
There's a reason this company tanked and had to be sold. Horrible management and predatory practices sealed it's fate. Top execs get bonuses while the people that keep the place running don't see raises for 4 years. Waste of time.
Cons
just there to make money
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2017
they do not care about the employees or the students. unqualified people are in management. hard training program. task masters. get rid of the good managers
Meet new faces everyday.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 26, 2017
Busy work place get to see new faces come through the front door. Always get calls wanting information regarding the different types of programs we offer.
Employed for 2 years
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAOctober 16, 2017
While I was employed at Argosy I took advantage of their tuition assistant program where I was able to obtain a graduate degree. My professors were amazing and I met a lot of great people. I can't say the same working for the University. The campus lacks communication across departments and simple tasks often takes days even weeks to complete.
Territory Sales
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 6, 2017
Review may not be applicable for this company at this time. Have almost reached the 150 word minimum required by auto fill for providing an opinion..
It's Sales
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 19, 2017
Is an ok job, for those who like over the phone sales. Can be difficult if you are not a person that is used to pushing people more than they are comfortable with.
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 27, 2017
Implemented new sales and marketing strategies with the Director of Admissions to increase business leads. Managed and improved customer service and curriculum counseling to address student and family concerns and questions.
Registrat Assistant
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 20, 2017
Very wonderful place to work! Company has a extremely professional work atmosphere. Room for advancement in all area's and was fair to all employees. I would not have left if I wasn't relocating to another state.
Productive and laid back
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2017
The company is very forward thinking and offers a variety of ways to balance work/life, such as working from home. Finding ways to boost employee morale with office parties like super bowl celebration and Christmas Parties with games, raffles etc.
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
WFH is by Dept and Supervisors
Compnay is losing money fast
Desktop Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2017
They are closing campuses nationwide.
they have had layoffs multiple time every year the last two years.
Do not sign on with company unless all you want is a short term employment.
Pros
good people at the campus level
Cons
company management doesnt care about people, poor benefits
Student worker
FEDERAL STUDENT WORKER/JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2017
I was a student worker with The Art Institute of Tampa. Management was phenomenal until about 3 months before I left. Since I was a Federal Student Worker, job security was not something I knew would last forever.
Pros
worked my own hours
Cons
Bossy bosses
Its good for students
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier/ Customer Support (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 11, 2017
This job works well for people who are still in college, management works close to the workers and takes a leadership role. Good hours and relaxed work load.
A challenging environment
Network Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 23, 2017
I was responsible for overnight data center monitoring. The job could be both challenging and rewarding at times, but also tedious. The workplace was stressful due to impending layoffs.
Very good Company
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 21, 2017
Believes in rules and training
Some managers shouldn't be managers
Hardest part of the job: Seeing layoffs
Culture: Accountability matters
Best part of the job: the people that you worked with.
benefits
Cons
planning and spending on projects was bad.
Good environment
National Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 16, 2017
Great place to work if you're looking to make good money and go to school. Always a good place to get to know great people and move up if that is your desire.
Not sure anymore
Confidental (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialJune 13, 2017
Working onsite at the various universities is good, just that there is a lot of bureaucracy from the main corporate office. They are going non-profit and will be under new ownership this summer, but I feel the culture that has been there will still remain the same. My understanding is that there will not be much changes with this transition.

You feel somewhat Isolated from management, unless you work directly at the corporate office which I can't speak for experience on that. Most of my management that I talk to is usually over phone conferences or emails. Any instructions for a project that come from them always seem confusing, making it harder to do a task in a timely matter. Some people, including management, have difficulty remembering meetings and notes that happen a few months ago .

Overall, it is not a bad company based on my experience. Just be ready to deal with convoluted procedures that affect how you do your job well.
Pros
Paid time off, University staff where I work at are all nice and understanding!
Cons
Lower pay, no opportunity for advancement, corporate bureaucracy is convoluted with their polices and procedures.
Education is a stressful environment at this time but the company offers great benefits and opportunities for growth
National Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 5, 2017
I assisted the company owned Universities in reaching out to potential new students who requested information. Call centers can be a stressful environment but I learned some great ways to adapt and grow in t hat environment while helping others. It gave me the extra push to complete my education. I worked with some great people and was given opportunities to learn soft skills such as leadership, how to work with difficult people, and concern for others.
high paced
Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2017
EDMC was a very high paced workplace with a lot of moving parts. They paid you well and wanted you working at a high pace and performing at the top of your game at all times, which isn't a bad thing at all.
Pros
built good relationships
Cons
back stabbing
Wonderful
Professor (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 15, 2017
I really love working for his company, its just a shame Brown Mackie is shutting its doors. I loved teaching the students, and watching each of them develop into practicing therapist.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  ONLINE ArgosyMay 12, 2017
I have worked for Argosy as an adjunct professor for nearly nine years. In that time there has not been a single raise or advancement. The administration does not communicate with the faculty at all; part-time faculty have no idea if they will receive courses from one term to the next and the criteria for assigning courses is entirely opaque; no consideration of seniority, qualifications or equal distribution of classes among adjuncts. When you question the procedures with the Deans or upper management you receive nothing beyond canned responses Messages from administration usually end with "Thanks for all you do" but appreciation is not reflected in benefits, salary, autonomy, advancement, stability or communication.

The classes themselves are relatively fun to teach ( and you have the opportunity to each students who most need help, though that comes with its own challenges) and middle management are often quite helpful and kind but they have no power to influence the decisions of upper management who handle their roles with typical corporate arrogance..the effectiveness of which has been demonstrated by the ethical and financial dilemmas of the organization over the past several years. I would suggest looking for other online schools for work that is more stable and where the qualified faculty are better respected.
Pros
helping students; decent supervisors; some courses well designed
Cons
lack of respect for faculty; no communication, stability, raises, benefits or advancement possiblities