EDMC Employee Reviews

Call Center Repetition
National Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Expectation was to make 63 calls an hour, most often to people who did not request information. You are expected to connect each person you speak with to an admissions representative at a for-profit school in the hopes that they enroll.
Pros
Free coffee, tuition assistance
Cons
Repetitive, aggressive cold-calling style position
Fast Paced and fun people
Admissions representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 7, 2017
The job is stressful, but enjoyed my peers. I was on the phone for 6-7 hours a day helping students enroll for school. I enjoyed most of the management. In Admissions, you must meet daily, weekly, and monthly goals such as how many students you enroll for each start date.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Micro-managed, productivity is required or could be fired
Mass Layoff - job not secure
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 2, 2017
Mass layoff without warning - moved division to Arizona and there were couples (husband & wives or partners) that both lost their jobs, some after 15 years or more.
Pros
People are great, compensation is comparable, and good benefits
Cons
Not a secure job
Great environment!
Student Chef (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2017
EDMC has great benefits and is very well organized. I have never had any problems working for them and the salary was fair. This company is a joy to work for.
Shaky Industry
Inbound Pre-Admissions Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2017
I was laid off 3 times in 7 years and twice in 3 years. Very unstable industry. The PA leadership that was part of the good ol' boys network are hard to work with, let alone to report to. There are a few that have a lot to offer you, with that being said.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Industry
inviting work enviroment
Radiologic Technology Program Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 18, 2017
Strive for excellence, but do not feel pressured. able to show individuality and not feel judged. Supportive work staff, and approachable management team always available to answer questions or help out when needed.
Pros
up to date training, competetive wages
Cons
na
Bad place to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 3, 2017
This company was at one point a great place to work with a great culture. It has changed and has had poor leadership from the top down. It is no longer a place I would recommend anyone looks for employment. It is a shame to see a quality company tank.
Pros
Cons
leadership
great place
Debt Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 3, 2017
very energetic atmosphere to work and ideal location to travel to and from work. nice people and great wages with benefits.
Nice Building
South University Finance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2016
This company was great to work for, because you were able to see that your job was assisting other people with changing their lives.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Legal troubles with the Department of Education
Great Crew
Media resource center techniquition (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2016
I got to work with an amazing crew and it was super beneficial that the job was located within the school. Very easy to to get to work and flexible work schedule.
Great Place, great people good company
UX/UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Great People
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 1, 2016
I worked in the library as a student worker, and I really liked my fellow coworkers. A typical day at work involves checking materials in and out, helping students and faculty find materials and research, and greeting people at the desk or on the phone.
Pros
Relaxing work environment
Cons
Really busy
Stressful work environment
Success Advisor (SA) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2016
As I explained previously, due to negative press, lawsuits and continued scrutiny by the Dept of Education and Attorney General, EDMC has become a very stressful environment to work in
Pros
Working hours, PTO
Cons
Stressful environment, industry
Library
Student Library Assistant- South University (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 22, 2016
This was a great work study job. Also, it served as a great opportunity to meet the faculty and students and develop a network.
Stressful but fun workplace
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 21, 2016
A typical day at work was to start the day off with a meeting, make student contact and reach out to potential students the entire day.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
unattainable student goals
Was a math tutor and design tutor for school
Designer &Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2016
Fun thing to do if you want to make some extra cash in school and help others. You have to be a student here to do this. If you don't have anyone to tutor then you can work on your projects which is very nice.
Wonderful Co-Workers
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 14, 2016
I truly enjoyed working with EDMC. Although my time with the company was short, I truly loved every moment spent with the employees and chatting with students. I would not think twice about going back to EDMC.
Terrible Place to Work
Assistant Director of Admissions/Finance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2016
Management recycles itself into revolving positions and nothing ever changes. The non management employees "stick together" against the regime and make it tolerable to work there. If you are not favored; you will never be promoted. The organization is under constant investigation by the Federal government and has been sued numerous times. I would seek another avenue of employment if at all possible.
Pros
Non management coworkers
Cons
Failed Management
Easy going
Student Staff (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 24, 2016
Working at the Art Institute as a student worker was very easy going. It felt more comfortable than my previous jobs just because I was surrounded by peers and I knew most of the "customers" from school.
Hardest part of the job was most of the equipment was missing or broken and no one knew how to fix it. And our job did not have a proper organization system and we would have 2 people renting out 1 item at the same time.
Most enjoyable part was the interactions with students and making prints.
Pros
mostly positive interactions
Cons
missing/broken equipment, organization was terrible
Now closed
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2016
Great people to work with, but no job security. When you got classes it was great. School is no longer open. So there is no reason to do a review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDMC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3