EDMC

EDMC Employee Reviews

They will fire you/lay u off if you get a raise
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 27, 2015
Don't stay too long, because as soon as u get a raise - you r out the door!

Horrible place to work for so many reasons. Micro-management- you will be sent home for wearing the wrong shoes even tho u sit i n a cubicle and noone sees u all day.

Boring as heck. Students hate the school so u get a lot of awkward convos u gotta deal with.
Nice people
Precertification processor (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 24, 2015
The people I worked with everyday were very nice. The hardest part of the job was having to be very flexable and be able to multitask.
Terrible, unorganized people using car salesman tactics.
mail room/ admissions (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 12, 2015
Pros: little extra money and got to know security guards
Cons: the entire school is a scam and they made me a part of it
An awful place to work. The boss changed every month or two. Surrounded by people that only wanted to lure kids into school so that they could launder their student loans.
Surviving EDMC
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 3, 2015
Pros: free tuition
Cons: very poor work life balance and job security is little to none
Although we were always given a level of ethics to comply with I raised to bar to be more diligent and give more to my students for them to be successful. Because of my efforts and dedication my students had a positive experience and were largely successful.
Management quite often had a poor skill set being promoted solely on meeting sales quota. Meetings were often composed of screaming, and shouting by management as well as delivering complaints that were made up in order to belittle employees into submission.
I found that it was often a hostile environment with the only escape being to ignore socializing with co-workers of any sort, not report extra hours because overtime was later strongly discouraged, and say anything management wanted to hear. There was a strong favoritism for some employees with management.
Intelligent place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), PittsburghMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed the time I spent at EDMC and would have liked the duration of my time there to be much longer. Unfortunately, do to their restructuring efforts I was let go.
Great working with students
Admissions and Marketing (Former Employee), RemoteMay 19, 2015
Enjoyed traveling around to various high schools meeting teachers and students. My supervisor was truly awesome and was very supportive
Fun at times
National Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Chandler AZMay 13, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: needs better management
Nice environment, everybody was not on the same page. Some management will tell you one thing and the others would tell you something totally different
Great morale boosting environment
Compliance (Former Employee), Sixth Avenue Pittsburgh, PAMay 13, 2015
Empathetic managers, eagerly boosted morale and production. Learned a lot about work, life, balance. There was references, team meetings, fun outings, and more. They emphisised creating a friendly productive environment and succeeded.
Pretty good place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee), farmers branch TXApril 28, 2015
Nice place to work- very hard sell. Basically selling education - targets are unreasonable. Feels more like a call center, expectation is 200 calls a day and 4 closes a week
Productive in educational institution
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 6, 2015
Pros: Working with others
Staff is nice to work with, hardest part of the job was walking between 3 levels of the building and maintaining the servers. most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people
ok
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2015
ok- nice place. find out about the place on our own. Typical for profit school. I have nothing else to say about EDMC.Write your review for EDMC.

Rate this company*required
Overall rating*
Learning Experience
Student Equipment Cage Worker (Current Employee), North Hollywood, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great learning Experience, Great place to build connections.
Cons: Short Hours and low benefits
I have learned majority of my skill set through this job. Compensation and Benefits could be better. Got a lot of my network from this job.
Sinking Ship
Student Counselor (Former Employee), ChandlerMarch 24, 2015
Pros: It is a job
Cons: You have no security.
Company has outlasted the bubble of online growth but is also quite cut throat with the practice of slicing off people just prior to the next raise or promotion period. Not many people climb the ladder too far before they are let go or realize they just need to go. It is a job. Do it and leave when something else comes along is my best advice. Get the benefit of a education if you can commit that long to staying, but realize it is part of the pay. The days are micromanaged, the people are trained and retrained and as a private school it is constantly having the government coming down on their business practices. The best part is the students. The second best some of the employees and some bosses. The hardest part is never knowing when they are going to target you for being fired as they do this "sweep" periodically of all employees. The offer pay outs to leave after phony write ups for supposed misdeeds. They are not professionally qualified to call any employee unprofessional. They should not get the massive amount of PELL money they take in and keep when they know students cannot even get online regular due to not having equipment needed to attend school. They do not pre-qualify students strongly enough and send bills to drop outs that never should be in school in the first place due to overwhelming issues. I could go on, but it is a sales job for some and has very little to do with actually promoting higher education. 1 in 17 may get a degree. Less than that if you take out the employees taking benefits. Far less.
Tremendous Growth
Manager of Non Federal Resources (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 22, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: benefits
The job was a great opportunity to learn about professional development. They also have a great education program. I was able to promote to management as a result of hard work. The flexible hours are great.
amazing place to work
Clinical Site Instructor (Current Employee), Tulsa OKMarch 16, 2015
EDMC is a wonderful place to work I enjoy teaching the students skills to better their life. I work in the surgical technology program.
finance counselor
Finance Counselor (Promoted) (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: employees treated badly
white collar sweat shop. I knew it was time to leave when my co-workers were popping pills just to get through the day. the goals were never reasonable. met some great co-workers yet the management was never able to please their superiors.
Good start, terrible ending
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: work from home days
Cons: management, work-life balance, pay, job stability
Imagine walking into work every day not knowing if today is your last day. I did that for 3 of the 4 years I worked for EDMC. I was micromanaged to the finest detail on a daily basis for 8-10 hours a day. They used a rigorous metrics and QA system to set you up for failure - which, in turn, set up the company and the students up for failure. The best part was rarely being paid for the many hours of overtime I did.

I'm glad for the experience it gave me, but it was a sad and stressful experience watching people get walked out weekly because they were laid off.

I don't miss it.
Great starting job for students
Audio Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: creating own schedule
Cons: no benefits, minimum wage
They let me make my own schedule which is really nice being a students because of my constantly changing schedule. I work for my school who is owned by EDMC. They're the ones who send out the paychecks.
Organization going through reorganization - no job stability
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free snacks / sodas
Cons: instability
Since this organization is going through a reorganization (new owners) there are layoffs quarterly so there is no job stability at this point. Look elsewhere until they are more financially stable.

Found organization to be more reactive to problems than proactive - communication can be poor.
high pressure environment, fast pace
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PaFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: co-workers, free coffee, has a lunch service in-house so you do not need to leave the building
Cons: poor training, short breaks, high pressure sales enviroment
required to make 300+ cold calls per day, Training & development needs allot of help, hardest part of the job is watching what you say because every call is recorded & compliance fails to train you on what you need to say or where to find the information, they will terminate you for the simplest violation especially if you are not hitting your quota of students & calls. Co-workers are great, the senior workers do most of the training on the floor, management lacks good follow through on their commitment to help. If you can handle the pressure & are a master of multi-tasking then you can make a decent living there.

1 2 3 4 5

About EDMC

Worried that traditional higher education could leave you enlightened but unemployed? Education Management may have¬†the solution.¬†Founded – Read more

EDMC Salaries