EDMOND PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

fun, nice management
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKNovember 16, 2017
loved working there. would go back, recommend it to anyone. co-workers are great too. kids and parents are helpful and cooperative.
I'd go back anytime.
Pros
insurance is awesome for the employee
Cons
insurance is EXPENSIVE for any dependence
It's all about who you're in with
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKOctober 5, 2017
If your in the good graces of certain office staff members and certain drivers that have been there for awhile then you have it made. However if you tick one of them off or that person just doesn't like you for whatever reason, then all or part of your life will be made a living nightmare. There is a lot of favoritism shown towards certain drivers the biggest culprits in particular are the Maps Coordinator and the Dispatcher. There is one office staff member that nobody knows what they really do and another that works random schedule everyday so your never sure when they will be in and has a tendency to fly off in a rage at the drop of a hat over the smallest things. You'll also be lucky to catch the director of the department in the building, he usually shows up when you're out on route to pick up his company vehicle on Monday morning and drops it back off on Friday afternoon during route time as well.
Pros
100% Paid Health Insurance
Modified work responsibilites
Financial Secretary (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 8, 2017
Job title doesn't match the actual responsiblities. I am an accountant doing duties as the school nurse, receptionist, social committee, equipment repair, etc....
Pros
culture
Cons
pay schedule
Productive and challenging work
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 17, 2017
Edmond Public Schools are pleasantly clean and organized for the most part. The workplace culture is very accommodating for substitute teachers. The most difficult part of the job is when the sub. teachers are not properly given the necessary daily assignments, or when the daily assignments are vaguely written down for substitute teachers.
Overall good place to work.
Financial/Data Management Secretary (Former Employee) –  North HSl/Central MS/Service CenterAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Edmond Public Schools and regretted having to leave due to a family illness. I learned a lot while working there, including various computer applications and financial programs.
Pros
Good benefits and time off.
Good opportunity - learning experience
Trainer/Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 18, 2017
Have learned organizational skills - worked as trainer so there has been opportunities to develop and lead people. Developed customer service skills in dealing with parents, children, department management and teachers/coaches from various schools.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement
stressful
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 10, 2017
Each day is stressful. You are busy the moment you walk in the door, to the moment you walk out and leave for the day. This job is very hard, and the compensation is not adequate for workload.
Great with home life
Computer Lab Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 17, 2017
EPS is great for those wanting to spend more time with young children still at home. The flexibility of work schedules and the administrative team makes working at Santa Fe wonderful.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Salary is low
Great
Teacher Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 26, 2017
I enjoy working there and it makes me sad that I have to leave so that I can be with my kids. I don't have anything bad to say. I'm glad that they gave me the opportunity to work in the same school my children attended.
Pros
Holidays off and benefits
this is a very good school system
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 17, 2017
This is a very good school system and I greatly enjoy working in Edmond public school. I feel that they try and strive for higher standards and seem to require the same from me and I like that fact.
Cafeteria worker
Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 23, 2017
It is a job that is easy to do for the most part. The hours work perfectly with any parent that wants to be home when their children are out of school
Positive learning experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 21, 2017
I have enjoyed substituting for Edmond Public Schools. The administration is always available for any questions or concerns I may have. The schools focus on the children's well-being an safety. This has been a wonderful experience for me.
Pros
availability of work, flexibility of schedule
Cons
would like to be a full-time substitute
Great School District
Teacher, Edmond Boulevard Academy (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 5, 2017
Excellent district in a growing suburb. Administration goes above and beyond to interact with employees and students.

I'd recommend Edmond Public Schools to any educator or family looking for a the best opportunity for their children.
a wonderful place of employment
Teacher Asst (Former Employee) –  1000w danforthFebruary 21, 2017
I really like this school district, they have the ideal for education, the community is there, and working with the teachers and students
Pros
the expectations are high
Cons
could help other school districts
Flexible and great school system to work
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 31, 2017
There is no wonder why EPS is the best school system in Oklahoma. Pay is the best, students and faculty is great and their system was easy to use with lots of opportunity to grow and get jobs.
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to work. The people are friendly and the kids are super sweet. Curriculum specialists are always friendly and ready to help. Support staff is great.
Pros
Nice people
Good part time job
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, Oklahoma CityDecember 23, 2016
It's very basic job with very few or no "frills". You are there to administer to the class of kids for the teacher/personnel.
It is a good job if you are looking to get your feet wet with classroom teaching , and/ or pursuing a teaching career. All of the Staff I encountered at various schools were great. Most were amazing people while some were phenomenal
Pros
Excellent way to work with kids while pursuing education as a career
Cons
Little pay, kids themselves wearing on you
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 11, 2016
Good place to work good enviroment. Not enough hours for me. But they offer great bennifits and teachers retirement friendly enviroment. Good for single parents with children.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Hours
Educational Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OK 73003December 2, 2016
I love working for Edmond Public Schools! My department is like family. The district really puts kids first. My own children attend Edmond Schools.
Excellent place to work
Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKNovember 9, 2016
Edmond public schools is a great place to work. They push employees to do their best and provide adequate professional development. Expectations are very high and the best is always expected from employees.
Coworkers are usually great people that are professional. Very high workload with minimal time provided to accomplish tasks.