EDMOND PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Flexible and great school system to work
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 31, 2017
There is no wonder why EPS is the best school system in Oklahoma. Pay is the best, students and faculty is great and their system was easy to use with lots of opportunity to grow and get jobs.
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to work. The people are friendly and the kids are super sweet. Curriculum specialists are always friendly and ready to help. Support staff is great.
Pros
Nice people
Good part time job
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, Oklahoma CityDecember 23, 2016
It's very basic job with very few or no "frills". You are there to administer to the class of kids for the teacher/personnel.
It is a good job if you are looking to get your feet wet with classroom teaching , and/ or pursuing a teaching career. All of the Staff I encountered at various schools were great. Most were amazing people while some were phenomenal
Pros
Excellent way to work with kids while pursuing education as a career
Cons
Little pay, kids themselves wearing on you
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 11, 2016
Good place to work good enviroment. Not enough hours for me. But they offer great bennifits and teachers retirement friendly enviroment. Good for single parents with children.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Hours
Educational Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OK 73003December 2, 2016
I love working for Edmond Public Schools! My department is like family. The district really puts kids first. My own children attend Edmond Schools.
Excellent place to work
Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKNovember 9, 2016
Edmond public schools is a great place to work. They push employees to do their best and provide adequate professional development. Expectations are very high and the best is always expected from employees.
Coworkers are usually great people that are professional. Very high workload with minimal time provided to accomplish tasks.
Great Place to Work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKOctober 17, 2016
I was only a substitute, but I loved working here. They had an easy system for picking the jobs that I wanted to do when I wanted to work.
Pros
Work when you want to work.
Cons
Low pay
Great School District!
Substitute Teacher/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKOctober 3, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed subbing with EPS over the last few years.

Each day is a new day with a different group of great kiddos! The teachers make it extremely easy to follow their lesson plans, and the administrative staff are very helpful!
great Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 30, 2016
I love working for Edmond Public schools, they have great benefits and advancement opportunities, and you get to be off when during school breaks and also get a set paycheck every payday even in the summer when your off for 3 months.
Pros
Free Lunches, company paid medical
Cons
small paycheck due to number of days per year you work
Flexible hours and can be challenging
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 9, 2016
Days usually start out well. Each new class bring different rewards and challenges. I have learned to think on my feet and come up with new ways to control the class. Every day I sub I learn something new. Management of the classroom can be both nerve racking and
enjoyable. There is not much interaction with co-workers except at lunchtime. The hardest part of the job is when a classroom spirals out of control and you try to get it back under control without knowing the students name. This is a common problem for substitutes. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around young kids.
An excellent place to work.
Financial Secretary at Will Rogers Elementary (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OklahomaMay 20, 2016
It is an excellent place to work. Coworkers and boss very professional and nice people I enjoyed working for my boss the job was exciting and fun never a dull moment. Also enjoyed working around the students and helping with minor problem that they may have had. A typical day was ordering supplies needed for teachers and school coding and sending invoices to Administrative office to be paid. Doing secretarial jobs for the Principal. The Principal was my direct boss and she had great management skills, if I didn't know how to do something she was patient to teach me. The hardest part of my job was learning how to code invoices properly to be paid, the school had a coding book that helped greatly it was a matter of learning it and/or calling administration if I had any questions. And they where very helpful to explain and teach me as I went along as a new employee myself. The most enjoyable part of my day was working with such nice and professional people. Unfortunately I had to leave that job because of a family member with cancer, but now I am able to return to work and am looking very forward to it.
Pros
Summer's and holidays off
Cons
Expensive healthcare for my husband to be on a healthcare plan with me.
Great district
Sequoyah Middle School Art Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 28, 2016
Highly sought after school district to work for. Great schools and teachers. Very high standards for all staff and students.
Productive work place with encouraging staff members
First Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 12, 2016
This was a great place to start out my career in education. I was supported by my administration and fellow co workers. If I had an issue or needed ideas they were willing to help me out when needed. The most enjoyable part was working with the students on a daily basis and collaborating with other early childhood professionals. The
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
short breaks
N/a
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 5, 2015
You cant say much about an educational system. I was a substitute teacher for them. They did pay extra for doing the duty of the teacher.
Strong Public School District
Middle School English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 29, 2015
Edmond Schools is an excellent employer for teachers and support staff. I have appreciated the experience I have gained from working for EPS.
Pros
Strong support of teachers
Cons
Large class sizes
part time job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 3, 2014
Was a summer job was hope to be full time. Work wasn't hard and was a fun place to work.
Pros
Work, hours, and fun place to work
Cons
Part time
Great Part time Job
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 4, 2014
Great Part time job for a stay at home Mom. Flexible and easy day.
Decent but not great
Transportation Parts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 11, 2014
OK experience. but if this was private enterprise the business would go under in about six months.
Good, supportive place to work
Substitute Teacher, Various Schools (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 28, 2014
Even in a transitional position as a substitute teacher, I was treated as a valued professional. I truly appreciated that. I would definitely be comfortable with my children attending school at Edmond Public Schools. The other teachers all treated me as if I was a regular classroom teacher.
Substitute Teaching
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 10, 2014
Expect to work on short notice! Elementary School assignments were a blast! Children are so creative, they make teaching so easy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDMOND PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5