Edmonds Community College

Edmonds Community College Employer Reviews

well-located community college with strong STEM , allied health, and pre-college divisions
FULL TIME FACULTY (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAOctober 7, 2014
This college serves a very diverse student population. Situated 13 miles from Seattle, Edmonds is at a very conducive location. Colleagues both faculty and staff are wonderful in my department. Serving students from all walks of life is the most enjoyable part of my faculty position.
A great learning environment for students
START Coordinator - Marketing and Special Projects (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: hands on experience for students
Cons: limited hours for students
Edmonds Community College provides students the opportunity to learn hands on skills as they pursue their education.
I learned about how to manage projects, phone tech support, hands on computer skills as well as networking and IT goals.
The management at EdCC allows staff empowerment and personal success.
The hardest part of the job is learning all – more... the aspects of projects in the works with limited hours available for students.

Nothing is more enjoyable as watching someones face light up as they "get it". Understanding technology is tough enough, but to educate and empower students to work more productively both individually and collectively is one of the greatest rewards of the job. – less
Excellent place to work and grow in your interpersonal and time management skills.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: you meet very inspiring people
Cons: non i can think of
Meetings, answering inquiries, typing reports, managing bulletin boards, taking care of office supplies, attending charitable events, attending fundraising events, meeting with community leaders.
Managed an A+ hardware shop on campus
Head Technician Intern (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: learned in depth knowledge of computers
Cons: we only gave out win xp machines vs vista or win 7
Typical day involved imaging a new operating system onto a hard drive for a new computer build we had just finished so that a student who could not afford a computer could have a chance to do homework out side of campus computer labs. We also organized the warehouse so we could locate computer parts better as well process computer requests faster.
College job
Athletic Event Staff (Former Employee), Edmonds, WAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: not hard work meet great people
Easy money, Meet all the athletic people and learn a little bit about sports management.
it was a productive job environment
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: it was all about learning .
Cons: well i don't think there is any.
It was a learning process for me because of the challenging experience i have at the college with the kind of job i was doing. I learn a lot about networking and problem solving, with different kind of people i have to deal with .
Chef experience
Chef (Former Employee), LynnwoodJune 11, 2014
Pros: chef
Cons: they didn't tell me that my job position was temporary
I enjoyed cooking the foods for children and teachers and served them very well.
Productive and fun place with international students from all over the world
Assistant to the Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAMay 28, 2014
Pros: international students scholarship, insurance
International Student Services (ISS) office is one of the most fun, learning, and active offices of Edmonds Community College. The place is full of activities among international students including Seattle tours, cultural celebration events and recreational sports events.

During my years at ISS office I developed both my interpersonal and communication – more... skills. My biggest tasks at ISS office were translating international student catalog into Mongolian and entering data to the ISS data system.

The relationship among peer co-workers, Admission officer, advisers, recruiters, and director was very close with each other. With the help of this fun environment, we were selected as one of the most hard working offices in the entire Edmonds Community College. – less
I attended a 1-year Clinical Lab Assistant program at Edmonds Community College
Student (Former Employee), Edmonds, WAApril 29, 2014
Pros: lots of learning!
Edmonds Community College is one of the few places in Washington State to offer the Clinical Lab program. It was very informative with hands-on training in basic lab duties and procedures. The program included relevant classes for Anatomy/Physiology, Medical Terminology, HIV/AIDS and CPR/FIRST AID, Computer Fundamentals using MS Office 2010, basics – more... of Phlebotomy, and finally, going into Clinical Lab. – less
Fun, fast-paced environment in the culinary arts department at the college.
Catering Server Lead (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAApril 11, 2014
Pros: free meals, time goes quickly
Cons: not enough hours available, it is only part-time.
My day starts by tying in chefs and the management for any special instructions for the meals to be served that day. I then set up dining experience for the Lynnwood Rotary which includes table setting with linens, buffet set-up with artistic theme display, and coffee station. When the food is put on the buffet, I serve the Rotary members their lunch. – more... After they are through with their meeting, I break down the buffet, coffee station, and clear all the tables. A dishwasher and I wash and put away all the dishes and clean the kitchen area. I report the number of the meals served to the manager.

During other large events, I lead a team of up to six servers overseeing all the functions of the food service insuring a smooth operation including set-up, serving, and break-down of that particular event.

I have learned quick problem resolution for any situation that may arise during meal set-up, service, and break-down.

The management is top-notch and listens to any suggestions I may have. Also management has excellent people skills.

My co-workers are dedicated and hard-working.

The hardest part is when a last minute change has occurred and we have to alter our plans quickly. Customer satisfaction is a must.

The artistic part of setting up displays to match the themes of the event is truly a delight for me to put together. It really adds to dining experience. – less
Higher Education
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAMarch 31, 2014
Every department is different. Everyone has one goal in mind and that is to help the student finish here at Edmonds.
Wonderful people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: ability to work while going to school
Cons: few hours
I enjoyed working with the students in the SSD office. I made many new friends threw this job. I enjoyed helping the students with homework and assignments. The staff I got to work with was always helpful and fun to work with.
Great Place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAJanuary 22, 2014
Great place to work. Loved the atmosphere and the ability to teach and learn.
Amazing School
Hardware Support Intern (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WashingtonSeptember 5, 2013
Best school I have ever attended.
The intern program was a great help.
Fun workplace to work on computers
Computer Technician/ Intern (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAJuly 12, 2013
Cons: it was an intership
Being able to come in and work with computers indepently. I have learned to install software and hardware for computers. The people I work with are supportive of one another. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what problem come about with computers. The enjoyable part of the job is being capable of incorporating what I have learned in the classroom – more... and incorporate in a employment environment. – less
Best job I've ever had!
Advanced Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAJune 1, 2013
Pros: good work environment, good compensation, excellent co-workers and bosses
I work in the art department under a workstudy grant and it's been absolutely wonderful. Very non-stressful, and the supervisors are incredibly fun and fluid. Pay is really great too, and scheduling is perfect for a student!
Great management, perfect for a student, flexible hours
Administrative Assistant/Advisor Support (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WashingtonApril 9, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Great place to work. Friendly and helpful co-workers even from different departments. Great work culture
Leadership Change Needed
Bookstore Buyer (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: educational opportunities
Cons: not a stable work environment, employees overworked, jobs outsourced
Unfortunately, EdCC is no longer a healthy community. The recent changes in administration/leadership have not been for the betterment of the campus and community. For many years EdCC was a great work place. Administrators, staff, faculty, students and community worked together as a cohesive team, a family. Now it is disconnected and divisions amongst – more... all levels have developed. The core foundation that was Edmonds Community College has fractured and those cracks grow wider. Hopefully, in time, EdCC will have a rebirth and be able to build an even stronger foundation. I don't believe that will happen until there is a significant change in the current leadership though. – less
Co-workers and management were a pleasure to work with.
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Monroe, WAMarch 15, 2013
Pros: up to date on technology
Co-workers and management were a pleasure to work with. The ability to implement new technology was encouraged.
Dedicated at providing services to students and community. Value employees. High standard of accountability in all areas of business/people.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Lynnwood WAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: total dedicatin of college structure aimed at success of students
Cons: the state of wa limits salary advancement for employees.
Worked with a re-education program to help certificate program completers to find employment in new industry. The concept of employment after re-training was embrased by the instructors and all support divisions (such as financial aid). The resources of the entire college plus the WorkSource system were made available to case managers and employment – more... specialists.

Held multiple contract, limited duration positions over 10 year period – less