Edmonds Community College Employee Reviews

I was a note take during my classes for The Services for Students with Disabilities
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 21, 2016
I was a student at Edmond's Community College and during my classes for about 3 quarters I assisted the Services for Students with disabilities department by taking my notes during class and copying them for other students.
Pros
It was pretty easy and it helped me to take better notes and do better in class.
Cons
Its a very part-time job you only make about $50 per student per quarter.
Sr. Lab Manager
Sr. Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 2, 2016
Manage the Digital Forensics & Information Security lab. Assist students with any issues that they have. Maintain all of the hardware and software specific to Digital Forensics and Information Security.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Parking
wonderful working environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAJuly 31, 2016
Working at Edmonds Community College has a well working environment, the management and co-workers are great, if there was any issues with the co-workers we tried to resolve it between us but if we couldn't come to a understanding we would seek or managers help. For example if there was a disagreement on how something is suppose to be or work, we would try to come to an agreement if not then we would bring our managers in to the situation to help us solve it. I would say the only hard part about this job is trying to help international students understand what they were ordering and in the american currency.
Pros
half off lunches, able to play appropriate music
Cons
hours cant work more than 20 hours a week
Edmonds Community College is an excellent college to get an degree. Also, it is an great place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 26, 2016
I enjoy helping and working with people. At Edmonds Community College I was lucky to work at the Career Action Center for an amazing boss and co-workers. My job duties were working on budgets, payroll, timesheets, helping out at the front desk, resource room, helping the work-study students and career events. I was Program Assistant to an Title V program, SCSEP (Senior Community Service Employment Program) which entail helping low-income, over 55 clients. I loved my job at Edmonds Community College. I have recently moved to Alexandria, MN to be close to my mother and enjoy the smaller town atmosphere.
Pros
I loved my job and the Career Action Center I had the opportunity to grow and improve the position.
Cons
Really can not think of anything other than I was part-time.
Great
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAJanuary 28, 2017
Great! I had the best tome of my life here. Although i dont know what this questionair is about. I loved being around new and fun people and im glad i chose to go there
typical state school
TENURED FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 19, 2016
HR practices are antiquated. Turn over has been very high. Does not value equity and inclusion like it touts it does. Very top heavy administration.
Was stimlating
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 23, 2016
I enjoyed the stimulating learning environment, and the camaraderie among staff was very encouraging.

Department Heads were helpful and paid attention to our suggestions to improve the education process.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Staff offices were scattered, and subject discussions among collegues was difficult
Difficult place to work, employees form clicks that management listen to
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 6, 2016
I worked for Edmonds Community College for 15 years in their Head Start department. The most wonderful part of my job (and the only reason I stayed for so long) was the children. I finally left because the clicks among employees had gotten so bad, I couldn't stand it anymore. The icing on the cake was that management had their favored clicks and listened to them extensively. So if for some reason you weren't in with the "in crowd" (yes just like high school) your life could be very very miserable. The "in crowd" dictated who was hired and who was promoted. So you may get stuck in the same position, with no forward movement for your entire employment with Edmonds Community College. There is a union for classified employees and they work very hard for the employees, but there is only so much they can do when management is very crafty at pushing their agenda. I can only speak to one part of Edmonds Community College.... maybe things are different on campus. I just know that I dedicated myself to serving children and parents for 15 years....I worked day and night for that company and left crying most days.
Pros
Children and families
Cons
Management and the clicks the employees form
Excellent place to work
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 26, 2016
Truly committed to student service and success. Management appreciates what it takes to effectively serve students which might include long hours but flexible with schedule and understanding of work/life balance. Best place I've ever worked!
Good Place to work
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 12, 2016
I worked in different parts of the Computer Information Systems department and I had a great time. Working closely with the instructors and other students. I was able to teach other students what I had learned while I was a student there.
Good experience
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAJanuary 18, 2016
Management was good typical day was pleasant co-workers were polite the hardest part of the job was sometimes you would have to explain things more then once in orientations and the most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
rude people sometimes
Great place to work, very educational experience, with great management.
Computer Tech Internship (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 9, 2015
This was a Computer Tech Internship that was required to complete in order to obtain my degree. I learned a lot during this time, including in depth instruction on the hardware and software aspects of technical support. My supervisor was very supportive and ensured that I achieved an intermediate level of knowledge before the program ended. I ended up acting as the assistant supervisor during this internship.
Pros
Great work environment, curriculum designed for optimal learning.
Cons
The length of the internship was somewhat shorter than what I would have preferred, however it was simply a requirement for graduation.
a place where you learn knowledge and skills
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 9, 2015
I am a student at Edmonds Community College. After taken few electronic class, I learned how to read a drawn schematic circuit. I learned how to troubleshooting on oscilloscope and multi meters. I also learned a large varieties of resisters, capacitors, chips and inductor. I learned to calculate electric units with formula. I learned to read schematic and build on a circuit proto board. Teacher was very helpfully and friendly. Everyone in the class was willing to learn. The hardest part of the class would be taken the exams. The most enjoyable part of the class was lab time, when everyone got to do hand on training.
Pros
explore career interests
Fast-paced and high energy tutoring and assisting diverse group
Teacher's Aid & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 2, 2015
I returned to work at Edmonds Community College (I was a math tutor when I was a student - worked 2002 - 2005) because I really enjoy assisting students. I love to encourage the students and see them advance toward their future educational goals so they are able to achieve their career goals.

I have no problem being a team player and also taking the lead with the tutors for the head instructor. I work closely with the instructor keeping care of student files, testing schedules and grading.

There are four math classes offered in a lab setting: basic math, business math and beginning, intermediate and college algebra being taught simultaneously. There are 35 students per each class session, three different classes a day. I took care of all of the math center's needs: ordering supplies, printing special quizzes and test for instructors for day and night classes.
Pros
freedom to be creative
Cons
limited hours per week to work
Productive and fast paced work environment
Program Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 13, 2015
A typical day would include providing program support to the case manager, organizing folders for new and returning students. Prepping for upcoming orientations to welcome new students, cover the front desk as needed for breaks. Answer inquiries about each of the programs offered within the division.
Pros
Friendly staff, worked with my class schedule
Cons
Not enough hours given to work to student employees
fun place
Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAFebruary 1, 2016
learned a lot great horticulture program great teachers and staff the other students where great and easy to get along with
Diverse and productive workplace
Board of Trustees (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 13, 2015
One of the challenges I overcame is working with a diverse team of co-workers and getting use to apprehend their opinions and ideas being implemented in the organization. Being respectful and grateful to one an other is a very great leadership skill.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Conflicts in Management
Vibrant atmosphere with people sharing ideas and concepts
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WA also home basedMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed working on various projects at Edmonds Community College and was readily accepted into their culture. During my current tenure at Everett Community College under the auspices of a loan of my services for Research Assistant, I am working at a home office because of lack of office space. I'm used to working in more of a collaborative manner where direction of a project can be directly discussed with different team members. This didn't come to pass though initially my superior and I thought it would. Throughout the process at both colleges, I've honed my research skills on the internet, formatted information in Excel for ease of portability and had excellent mentors to suggest different avenues to pursue for information.
Pros
Self time management
Cons
Lack of team input
One stop help
TRiO Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJanuary 21, 2015
TRiO is a department in which helps students that need extra assistants in their studies. I tutored students that are enrolled in CIS/IT classes. I also assist students with their EdMail (Google) accounts, Canvas as well as navigating Microsoft Office and Google software products and to creating tutorials/spread. Other duties include updating computers/printers, answering phone calls, setting appointments for students, emailing students and updating information for students into StudentAccess (college data base software).
Pros
Always something new each day
Cons
Love to work more hours in helping students.
Corruption at its worst
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 19, 2014
Great place to get education. Horrible culture of corruption to work. 3 female staff in my department and all were sexually harassed. When they filed complaints 2 were fired and the other quit. Overtime not paid in violation of federal IRS laws. Massive OSHA violations with safety issues. Supervisors hiring friends and family in violation of state ethics laws. Yep, my department was a real piece of work. Upper management played CYA and swept it all under the rug.
Pros
in my department none
Cons
already named it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edmonds Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4