Edmonds Community College

Edmonds Community College Employee Reviews

Vibrant atmosphere with people sharing ideas and concepts
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WA also home basedMay 12, 2015
Pros: Self time management
Cons: Lack of team input
I enjoyed working on various projects at Edmonds Community College and was readily accepted into their culture. During my current tenure at Everett Community College under the auspices of a loan of my services for Research Assistant, I am working at a home office because of lack of office space. I'm used to working in more of a collaborative manner where direction of a project can be directly discussed with different team members. This didn't come to pass though initially my superior and I thought it would. Throughout the process at both colleges, I've honed my research skills on the internet, formatted information in Excel for ease of portability and had excellent mentors to suggest different avenues to pursue for information.
One stop help
TRiO Office Assistant (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: always something new each day
Cons: love to work more hours in helping students.
TRiO is a department in which helps students that need extra assistants in their studies. I tutored students that are enrolled in CIS/IT classes. I also assist students with their EdMail (Google) accounts, Canvas as well as navigating Microsoft Office and Google software products and to creating tutorials/spread. Other duties include updating computers/printers, answering phone calls, setting appointments for students, emailing students and updating information for students into StudentAccess (college data base software).
Great college to learn about digital forensics and security
STUDENT - INFORMATION SECURITY +DIGITAL FORENSICS (Current Employee), Edmonds, WAJanuary 16, 2015
This is definitely the college to attend if you are serious about working in the digital forensics or information security field.
Corruption at its worst
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: in my department none
Cons: already named it
Great place to get education. Horrible culture of corruption to work. 3 female staff in my department and all were sexually harassed. When they filed complaints 2 were fired and the other quit. Overtime not paid in violation of federal IRS laws. Massive OSHA violations with safety issues. Supervisors hiring friends and family in violation of state ethics laws. Yep, my department was a real piece of work. Upper management played CYA and swept it all under the rug.
well-located community college with strong STEM , allied health, and pre-college divisions
FULL TIME FACULTY (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAOctober 7, 2014
This college serves a very diverse student population. Situated 13 miles from Seattle, Edmonds is at a very conducive location. Colleagues both faculty and staff are wonderful in my department. Serving students from all walks of life is the most enjoyable part of my faculty position.
A great learning environment for students
START Coordinator - Marketing and Special Projects (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: hands on experience for students
Cons: limited hours for students
Edmonds Community College provides students the opportunity to learn hands on skills as they pursue their education.
I learned about how to manage projects, phone tech support, hands on computer skills as well as networking and IT goals.
The management at EdCC allows staff empowerment and personal success.
The hardest part of the job is learning all the aspects of projects in the works with limited hours available for students.

Nothing is more enjoyable as watching someones face light up as they "get it". Understanding technology is tough enough, but to educate and empower students to work more productively both individually and collectively is one of the greatest rewards of the job.
Excellent place to work and grow in your interpersonal and time management skills.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: you meet very inspiring people
Cons: non i can think of
Meetings, answering inquiries, typing reports, managing bulletin boards, taking care of office supplies, attending charitable events, attending fundraising events, meeting with community leaders.
Managed an A+ hardware shop on campus
Head Technician Intern (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: learned in depth knowledge of computers
Cons: we only gave out win xp machines vs vista or win 7
Typical day involved imaging a new operating system onto a hard drive for a new computer build we had just finished so that a student who could not afford a computer could have a chance to do homework out side of campus computer labs. We also organized the warehouse so we could locate computer parts better as well process computer requests faster.
College job
Athletic Event Staff (Former Employee), Edmonds, WAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: not hard work meet great people
Easy money, Meet all the athletic people and learn a little bit about sports management.
it was a productive job environment
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: it was all about learning .
Cons: well i don't think there is any.
It was a learning process for me because of the challenging experience i have at the college with the kind of job i was doing. I learn a lot about networking and problem solving, with different kind of people i have to deal with .
Chef experience
Chef (Former Employee), LynnwoodJune 11, 2014
Pros: chef
Cons: they didn't tell me that my job position was temporary
I enjoyed cooking the foods for children and teachers and served them very well.
Productive and fun place with international students from all over the world
Assistant to the Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAMay 28, 2014
Pros: international students scholarship, insurance
International Student Services (ISS) office is one of the most fun, learning, and active offices of Edmonds Community College. The place is full of activities among international students including Seattle tours, cultural celebration events and recreational sports events.

During my years at ISS office I developed both my interpersonal and communication skills. My biggest tasks at ISS office were translating international student catalog into Mongolian and entering data to the ISS data system.

The relationship among peer co-workers, Admission officer, advisers, recruiters, and director was very close with each other. With the help of this fun environment, we were selected as one of the most hard working offices in the entire Edmonds Community College.
I attended a 1-year Clinical Lab Assistant program at Edmonds Community College
Student (Former Employee), Edmonds, WAApril 29, 2014
Pros: lots of learning!
Edmonds Community College is one of the few places in Washington State to offer the Clinical Lab program. It was very informative with hands-on training in basic lab duties and procedures. The program included relevant classes for Anatomy/Physiology, Medical Terminology, HIV/AIDS and CPR/FIRST AID, Computer Fundamentals using MS Office 2010, basics of Phlebotomy, and finally, going into Clinical Lab.
Fun, fast-paced environment in the culinary arts department at the college.
Catering Server Lead (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAApril 11, 2014
Pros: free meals, time goes quickly
Cons: not enough hours available, it is only part-time.
My day starts by tying in chefs and the management for any special instructions for the meals to be served that day. I then set up dining experience for the Lynnwood Rotary which includes table setting with linens, buffet set-up with artistic theme display, and coffee station. When the food is put on the buffet, I serve the Rotary members their lunch. After they are through with their meeting, I break down the buffet, coffee station, and clear all the tables. A dishwasher and I wash and put away all the dishes and clean the kitchen area. I report the number of the meals served to the manager.

During other large events, I lead a team of up to six servers overseeing all the functions of the food service insuring a smooth operation including set-up, serving, and break-down of that particular event.

I have learned quick problem resolution for any situation that may arise during meal set-up, service, and break-down.

The management is top-notch and listens to any suggestions I may have. Also management has excellent people skills.

My co-workers are dedicated and hard-working.

The hardest part is when a last minute change has occurred and we have to alter our plans quickly. Customer satisfaction is a must.

The artistic part of setting up displays to match the themes of the event is truly a delight for me to put together. It really adds to dining experience.
Higher Education
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAMarch 31, 2014
Every department is different. Everyone has one goal in mind and that is to help the student finish here at Edmonds.
Wonderful people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: ability to work while going to school
Cons: few hours
I enjoyed working with the students in the SSD office. I made many new friends threw this job. I enjoyed helping the students with homework and assignments. The staff I got to work with was always helpful and fun to work with.
Great Place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAJanuary 22, 2014
Great place to work. Loved the atmosphere and the ability to teach and learn.
Amazing School
Hardware Support Intern (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WashingtonSeptember 5, 2013
Best school I have ever attended.
The intern program was a great help.
Fun workplace to work on computers
Computer Technician/ Intern (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAJuly 12, 2013
Cons: it was an intership
Being able to come in and work with computers indepently. I have learned to install software and hardware for computers. The people I work with are supportive of one another. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what problem come about with computers. The enjoyable part of the job is being capable of incorporating what I have learned in the classroom and incorporate in a employment environment.
Best job I've ever had!
Advanced Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAJune 1, 2013
Pros: good work environment, good compensation, excellent co-workers and bosses
I work in the art department under a workstudy grant and it's been absolutely wonderful. Very non-stressful, and the supervisors are incredibly fun and fluid. Pay is really great too, and scheduling is perfect for a student!