Edmonds Community College Employee Reviews

Really enjoyed co workers and staff
Academic computing services-Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 29, 2017
Had a great time here. It was a good part time job and had a great work life balance. Was very coordinating with school schedule. Relaxed environment and didn't have a lot of stress.
Tutor
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 18, 2017
I was a math tutor for Edcc. I was able to work in the classroom with instructors as a TA and in the learning center as a tutor. I preferred to work in the walk in center than as a TA because it was more engaging because the people who came in were there to get help. I enjoyed the job as a whole, though,
easy and comfortable jobs
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 15, 2017
People who have worked as this jobs were very comfortable because everything that you need to do is editing and checking the assignment. However, you are still needing to explain to students about their mistakes.
Very supportivemanagement
Art Education Professor (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAJuly 21, 2017
A very nice and enthusiastic group of students. Very supportive management. Is located at a beautiful location. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the Art-Walk with my students once a month.
Pros
Very supportive management
Cons
I have just few ours as part-time
Learning experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 7, 2017
As a part-time Student Assistant, I have learnt most of my administrative skills including recording on-hand inventory and recording equipment rental sheet. I have learnt the importance of having an organisation skills and pay attention to details.
Great School
CIS Hardware Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at EDCC, there were a lot of great instructors and the atmosphere is very welcoming. My intership was very helpful in improving my IT skills.
Teaching Part-time in the evening program
Legal Secretary, Paralegal and Legal Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAJune 20, 2017
I was a full-time legal administrator and was approached about teaching "Introduction to Law Office Management" in the evening program at Edmonds Community College. A great school and supportive staff throughout.
Pros
Good support from staff
Part Time Teaching
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAJune 8, 2017
Had a blast working at EDCC and teaching Exchange. However the curriculum was out of date by the end and was not being renewed as fast as the technology was growing.
Pros
Fun to tech new combers to technology
Cons
Slow to get new curriculum
Fun work place
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMay 25, 2017
The people are really nice there. Everyone loves IT because we help them out. Productivity ont he other hand goes down to the person if they can be productive and closing tickets.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Fun people
Cons
Hard to be hired full time as an IT.
Volunteer was fun!
Student Engagement and Leadership (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMay 14, 2017
Volunteer in CSEL from my first year to senior year and it was full of fun. I enjoyed being around them and attended the events that we have. Management are fun to work with and they are helpful.
Great for Students to obtain experience.
Tier II Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 11, 2017
This is a great way for CIS students to get real world IT Support experience before they get a job at an actual company! It has boosted my confidence and improved my problem solving skills immensely.
Helps me really learn the industry im going to be working in.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMay 9, 2017
Its a great place to go to school and work a couple of hours a week. When students come in with there homework problems or questions it helps me really learn the material. Plus, if there isn't enough work for the day we can just do homework.
Pros
Understanding concepts better
Cons
can get boring if there isnt anything to do.
fun and benefit
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 6, 2017
Days were fast and funny, I was meeting students who were from different countries and cultures. I learned how to help people and that not everybody has the same capacities. The most difficult part was to help people who were not speaking english at all.
Great place for students
Satellite Programmer/ Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 26, 2017
Working here had taught me a lot and since I was a student it was even better for me because i could mold my work schedule around my classes. I loved working here.
Great Place to work
Inspection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 13, 2017
The day at ERC was extremely satisfying. The EDCC management group was very supportive of the training personnel and showed a great deal of appreciation. All the employee's were very positive and contributed to a great place to work.
Pros
The people/Management
Great
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAJanuary 28, 2017
Great! I had the best tome of my life here. Although i dont know what this questionair is about. I loved being around new and fun people and im glad i chose to go there
I was a note take during my classes for The Services for Students with Disabilities
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 21, 2016
I was a student at Edmond's Community College and during my classes for about 3 quarters I assisted the Services for Students with disabilities department by taking my notes during class and copying them for other students.
Pros
It was pretty easy and it helped me to take better notes and do better in class.
Cons
Its a very part-time job you only make about $50 per student per quarter.
typical state school
TENURED FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 19, 2016
HR practices are antiquated. Turn over has been very high. Does not value equity and inclusion like it touts it does. Very top heavy administration.
Sr. Lab Manager
Sr. Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 2, 2016
Manage the Digital Forensics & Information Security lab. Assist students with any issues that they have. Maintain all of the hardware and software specific to Digital Forensics and Information Security.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Parking
Difficult place to work, employees form clicks that management listen to
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 6, 2016
I worked for Edmonds Community College for 15 years in their Head Start department. The most wonderful part of my job (and the only reason I stayed for so long) was the children. I finally left because the clicks among employees had gotten so bad, I couldn't stand it anymore. The icing on the cake was that management had their favored clicks and listened to them extensively. So if for some reason you weren't in with the "in crowd" (yes just like high school) your life could be very very miserable. The "in crowd" dictated who was hired and who was promoted. So you may get stuck in the same position, with no forward movement for your entire employment with Edmonds Community College. There is a union for classified employees and they work very hard for the employees, but there is only so much they can do when management is very crafty at pushing their agenda. I can only speak to one part of Edmonds Community College.... maybe things are different on campus. I just know that I dedicated myself to serving children and parents for 15 years....I worked day and night for that company and left crying most days.
Pros
Children and families
Cons
Management and the clicks the employees form