Edmonds Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 26, 2016
Truly committed to student service and success. Management appreciates what it takes to effectively serve students which might include long hours but flexible with schedule and understanding of work/life balance. Best place I've ever worked!
Good Place to work
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 12, 2016
I worked in different parts of the Computer Information Systems department and I had a great time. Working closely with the instructors and other students. I was able to teach other students what I had learned while I was a student there.
fun place
Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAFebruary 1, 2016
learned a lot great horticulture program great teachers and staff the other students where great and easy to get along with
Good experience
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAJanuary 18, 2016
Management was good typical day was pleasant co-workers were polite the hardest part of the job was sometimes you would have to explain things more then once in orientations and the most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
rude people sometimes
Fast-paced and high energy tutoring and assisting diverse group
Teacher's Aid & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 2, 2015
I returned to work at Edmonds Community College (I was a math tutor when I was a student - worked 2002 - 2005) because I really enjoy assisting students. I love to encourage the students and see them advance toward their future educational goals so they are able to achieve their career goals.

I have no problem being a team player and also taking the lead with the tutors for the head instructor. I work closely with the instructor keeping care of student files, testing schedules and grading.

There are four math classes offered in a lab setting: basic math, business math and beginning, intermediate and college algebra being taught simultaneously. There are 35 students per each class session, three different classes a day. I took care of all of the math center's needs: ordering supplies, printing special quizzes and test for instructors for day and night classes.
Pros
freedom to be creative
Cons
limited hours per week to work
Great place to work, very educational experience, with great management.
Computer Tech Internship (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 9, 2015
This was a Computer Tech Internship that was required to complete in order to obtain my degree. I learned a lot during this time, including in depth instruction on the hardware and software aspects of technical support. My supervisor was very supportive and ensured that I achieved an intermediate level of knowledge before the program ended. I ended up acting as the assistant supervisor during this internship.
Pros
Great work environment, curriculum designed for optimal learning.
Cons
The length of the internship was somewhat shorter than what I would have preferred, however it was simply a requirement for graduation.
nice people
Cirulation aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAAugust 10, 2015
pay not good, but environment filled with nice people. Could get repetitive and routine. Working with people who want to learn.
Community College
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 13, 2015
Was great learning experience for me that allowed me to acquire new knowledge. I enjoyed going back to school after such a long time. Was a wonderful opportunity for me.
Pros
Flexible schedual
Cons
Class schedual
Diverse and productive workplace
Board of Trustees (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 13, 2015
One of the challenges I overcame is working with a diverse team of co-workers and getting use to apprehend their opinions and ideas being implemented in the organization. Being respectful and grateful to one an other is a very great leadership skill.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Conflicts in Management
a place where you learn knowledge and skills
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 9, 2015
I am a student at Edmonds Community College. After taken few electronic class, I learned how to read a drawn schematic circuit. I learned how to troubleshooting on oscilloscope and multi meters. I also learned a large varieties of resisters, capacitors, chips and inductor. I learned to calculate electric units with formula. I learned to read schematic and build on a circuit proto board. Teacher was very helpfully and friendly. Everyone in the class was willing to learn. The hardest part of the class would be taken the exams. The most enjoyable part of the class was lab time, when everyone got to do hand on training.
Pros
explore career interests
Excellent Benefits
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 7, 2015
Excellent benefit available for full-time employees. An great opportunity to work on degree completion. Full-time employees pay $25 in tuition.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Program Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 13, 2015
A typical day would include providing program support to the case manager, organizing folders for new and returning students. Prepping for upcoming orientations to welcome new students, cover the front desk as needed for breaks. Answer inquiries about each of the programs offered within the division.
Pros
Friendly staff, worked with my class schedule
Cons
Not enough hours given to work to student employees
Vibrant atmosphere with people sharing ideas and concepts
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WA also home basedMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed working on various projects at Edmonds Community College and was readily accepted into their culture. During my current tenure at Everett Community College under the auspices of a loan of my services for Research Assistant, I am working at a home office because of lack of office space. I'm used to working in more of a collaborative manner where direction of a project can be directly discussed with different team members. This didn't come to pass though initially my superior and I thought it would. Throughout the process at both colleges, I've honed my research skills on the internet, formatted information in Excel for ease of portability and had excellent mentors to suggest different avenues to pursue for information.
Pros
Self time management
Cons
Lack of team input
One stop help
TRiO Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJanuary 21, 2015
TRiO is a department in which helps students that need extra assistants in their studies. I tutored students that are enrolled in CIS/IT classes. I also assist students with their EdMail (Google) accounts, Canvas as well as navigating Microsoft Office and Google software products and to creating tutorials/spread. Other duties include updating computers/printers, answering phone calls, setting appointments for students, emailing students and updating information for students into StudentAccess (college data base software).
Pros
always something new each day
Cons
love to work more hours in helping students.
Great college to learn about digital forensics and security
STUDENT - INFORMATION SECURITY +DIGITAL FORENSICS (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAJanuary 16, 2015
This is definitely the college to attend if you are serious about working in the digital forensics or information security field.
Corruption at its worst
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 19, 2014
Great place to get education. Horrible culture of corruption to work. 3 female staff in my department and all were sexually harassed. When they filed complaints 2 were fired and the other quit. Overtime not paid in violation of federal IRS laws. Massive OSHA violations with safety issues. Supervisors hiring friends and family in violation of state ethics laws. Yep, my department was a real piece of work. Upper management played CYA and swept it all under the rug.
Pros
in my department none
Cons
already named it
well-located community college with strong STEM , allied health, and pre-college divisions
FULL TIME FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 7, 2014
This college serves a very diverse student population. Situated 13 miles from Seattle, Edmonds is at a very conducive location. Colleagues both faculty and staff are wonderful in my department. Serving students from all walks of life is the most enjoyable part of my faculty position.
A great learning environment for students
START Coordinator - Marketing and Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 3, 2014
Edmonds Community College provides students the opportunity to learn hands on skills as they pursue their education.
I learned about how to manage projects, phone tech support, hands on computer skills as well as networking and IT goals.
The management at EdCC allows staff empowerment and personal success.
The hardest part of the job is learning all the aspects of projects in the works with limited hours available for students.

Nothing is more enjoyable as watching someones face light up as they "get it". Understanding technology is tough enough, but to educate and empower students to work more productively both individually and collectively is one of the greatest rewards of the job.
Pros
hands on experience for students
Cons
limited hours for students
Excellent place to work and grow in your interpersonal and time management skills.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 19, 2014
Meetings, answering inquiries, typing reports, managing bulletin boards, taking care of office supplies, attending charitable events, attending fundraising events, meeting with community leaders.
Pros
you meet very inspiring people
Cons
non i can think of
Managed an A+ hardware shop on campus
Head Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 10, 2014
Typical day involved imaging a new operating system onto a hard drive for a new computer build we had just finished so that a student who could not afford a computer could have a chance to do homework out side of campus computer labs. We also organized the warehouse so we could locate computer parts better as well process computer requests faster.
Pros
learned in depth knowledge of computers
Cons
we only gave out win xp machines vs vista or win 7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edmonds Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4