EDSI Employee Reviews in United States

Motivating staff
Clerical Intern (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 6, 2016
The EDSI working environment provides all the resources to obtain employment and enhance skills to prepare for the workforce. On a daily basis I have the opportunity to interact and network with prospective employers.
Pros
accessible from highway and commute is convient
Cons
n/a
Okay job
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 31, 2016
lot of stress from clients not enough budget from the company to employees. Everything needs to approve from the state. When the budget is cut off by the state that when you never know if you can loose your job. I got a lay off and before me. 2 years consecutive before me was another lay off. The manager told me last minute.
For the other side I learned a lot was great! the company sometimes is not very organize if you need more resources. Good luck! if there is not enough budget you have be very creative with the resources you have. The clients that they receive are from welfare and you can get a lot of bad attitudes from them. very stressful job.! the pay is okay. I liked the flex scheduled.
Productive place to work
Clerical Intern (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 15, 2016
I enjoy coming here on a daily basis because everyone is friendly and this job gives me the opportunity to advance my career in my line of work until I am able to find a job.
Pros
Friendly people who are always available to help with questions or other help
Learning experience in immigration
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2016
Great opportunity, i knew it was temporary and worked with former IBM peers. It was case work involving immigration paperwork as well as financial collection at some points of the job.
Sergeant
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDDecember 23, 2015
Served as liaison between Red Cross staff and visitors of the organization.
 Supervised a staff spanning within three buildings with up to 20 security guards.
 Maintained command center including but not limited to viewing camera monitors, patrolling floors within the three buildings and checking all fire and safety alarms.
 Provided leadership and support on designated projects and performed other duties as requested by manager
Easy going work place.
Clerical/Receptionist Intern (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work involves scanning documents, excel, faxing, answering the phone, and job searching. I learn new tasks, like working with different types of people. Overall, EDSI is a good environment.
A perfect skilled work place
Clerical Intern (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 12, 2016
i come in clock in do an hour of job search. then i continue with community service. filing paper work making sure it is ready to be scanned on the computer. i have mandatory lunch for 30 min n two fifteen breaks require to the time of being here
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 23, 2015
My typical day is handling multiple job responsibilities. I learned that I am a reliable and worthy employee. Co-workers rely on me when management is not available and trusts my word.
The hardest part of my job is when I am unable to do more to help for our customers in need. The most enjoyable part of my job is the everyday challenge.
Great Resources
Clerical Intern (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Very helpful with advancing your career.Co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Staff goes above and beyond to meet your needs.
poor work falities
Staff Assistance (Current Employee) –  Largo, MD . It is not a good lacationAugust 24, 2015
As I Understood the over all the Staffs are good and very busy, and all workers are Cooperative any time. the management is Soft but Strong for the regulations

Every day I am busy, I like it, it is enjoyable for me, this made me to come to the Office before time

My Supervisor makes good Facilities to work at best by solving my problems. there for I have great appreciation for them.
Pros
Every workers has enough food
Cons
The time break given was enough
Data Entry operator
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 14, 2015
Entered data daily with accuracy according to information received Update information including address and phone number and phone changes. sorted and processed all mail recieved and dispersed it to correct personnel.
No help when they lay you off
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  NCMay 3, 2013
The job was great, the people who run the company need a little help. They do NOT let you know up front it is a contract job and that you can be laid off if they lose money. When they lay you off, they dont help their people find jobs. The whole point of their program is to help people who are jobless find employment. I was bitter, and then realized that the best thing I can do is never get a contract job again. I miss the people who became my family, but managment needs some real eye openers on how to treat their employees and former employees. I would not recommend working for them even in our economy.
Easygoing, educational enviroment, filled with knowledgeable instructors.
Clerical Internship (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 30, 2012
Stress-free enviroment, with plenty to do. Your instructor takes you through all aspects of clerical work, making sure the information is understood, and all assigned tasks are completed correctly.
But, before you even begin your clerical internship, you meet with several job seeker professionals. They review your skills, qualifications, ect. And while your busy learning valuable skills, they're busy helping to find you a job. One fitted to your own individual qualifications.
Pros
informative instructors, comfortable work enviroment.
Cons
no paycheck
Clean place and nice clients
Scanning Specialist/Clerical Internship (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 19, 2013
Copied and filed clients paperwork while conforming to all standards
• Assembled clients paperwork folders on a daily basis
• Scanned all files for backup referral and produced quality control of all clients files
Receptionist
• Answered telephones, direct calls, took messages, faxed and filed papers
• Copy, compile, collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail and messages
• Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
• Keep and maintain records of staffs members whereabouts and availability
• Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars
meeting new people and also getting skills in a new field
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 22, 2014
proofreading ,scanning, and shredding documents and putting them in a drawer for storage and I learned a lot of clerical things that will be beneficial in the future the coworkers were easy to get along with and they were always around to help I loved everything about the job it was never a dull moment
Pros
clerical experience
Cons
no pay
Wonderful Company too work for
Clerical Intern (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 21, 2014
A Typical Day would be answering phones, and instructing the clients to thier destination for sevices needed.
I've Learned the scanning process required to accurately review quality assurance for confidential data. Ensure specific guidelines that are followed through company policy, document all information for proper archiving and retrieval. The management team is very encouraging but yet pushes your limits for great potiential.
A great enviroment to be in and a good group of people to be around.
The hardest part of the job for me would be absolutle nothing, it can get a bit overwelming but that's what challenges me to work harder and staying focused. I have been recognized for providing exceptional service to all incoming clients.
Pros
great mentors
Cons
not permanent
Good place to meet new people and help find employment.
Instructor/Paid Work Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 23, 2012
EDSI is a good company. They focus on helping welfare clients gain employment. I currently manage a scanning center where we put people to work and help build their skills. It is rewarding to find jobs for people and change their outlook on life.
Pros
flex fridays. every other friday i have off.
Cons
medical expenses, expressing yourself.
Help Find Jobs
Scanning Specialist/Clerical Internship (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 9, 2012
I love being at ESDI Program because it helps me find a job or going back to school. I learned that I have to be CONFIDENT in myself to work harder in everything I do. My co-worker are nice they stay to their self. I enjoy getting help from others and giving help to other.
A very productive and benefiting work experience
OYM Summer Camp Councilor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 23, 2013
I've gained so much from working with this company. I've become a valuable member of the team. It's a great work environment and people friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and challenges.
Pros
people, computers, and calls
Serving the elderly
Hospitality Trainee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
My job is very easy. Prepare the meals and trays. I wash and sanitize the cooking surfaces and dishes.
Pros
helping other, making people happy
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDSI. Our community is ready to answer.