EDSI

EDSI Employer Reviews

meeting new people and also getting skills in a new field
Clerical (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: clerical experience
Cons: no pay
proofreading ,scanning, and shredding documents and putting them in a drawer for storage and I learned a lot of clerical things that will be beneficial in the future the coworkers were easy to get along with and they were always around to help I loved everything about the job it was never a dull moment
Wonderful Company too work for
Clerical Intern (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 21, 2014
Pros: great mentors
Cons: not permanent
A Typical Day would be answering phones, and instructing the clients to thier destination for sevices needed.
I've Learned the scanning process required to accurately review quality assurance for confidential data. Ensure specific guidelines that are followed through company policy, document all information for proper archiving and retrieval. The management team is very encouraging but yet pushes your limits for great potiential.
A great enviroment to be in and a good group of people to be around.
The hardest part of the job for me would be absolutle nothing, it can get a bit overwelming but that's what challenges me to work harder and staying focused. I have been recognized for providing exceptional service to all incoming clients.
A very productive and benefiting work experience
OYM Summer Camp Councilor (Current Employee), North CarolinaSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: people, computers, and calls
I've gained so much from working with this company. I've become a valuable member of the team. It's a great work environment and people friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and challenges.
Good Engineering Company
Test Liaison/Manager (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDSeptember 16, 2013
Great place with a variety of knowledgeable people to depend on.
Family Oriented Company
Program Analyst-Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Fallbrook, CAAugust 13, 2013
Great place to work. Family oriented. 100% Travel Reimbursement.
Very fun place to work
Junior Job Developer/Code Calling (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2013
the days was fun working here helped a lot of customer with clothing and i enjoyed seeing them happy with what i picked out for them
No help when they lay you off
Career Counselor (Former Employee), NCMay 3, 2013
The job was great, the people who run the company need a little help. They do NOT let you know up front it is a contract job and that you can be laid off if they lose money. When they lay you off, they dont help their people find jobs. The whole point of their program is to help people who are jobless find employment. I was bitter, and then realized that the best thing I can do is never get a contract job again. I miss the people who became my family, but managment needs some real eye openers on how to treat their employees and former employees. I would not recommend working for them even in our economy.
Loved working on the projects
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), fall brook, caApril 16, 2013
Some of the projects you work on require a clearance but they are pretty cool. There isnt much you can talk about that is public.
Clean place and nice clients
Scanning Specialist/Clerical Internship (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 19, 2013
Copied and filed clients paperwork while conforming to all standards
• Assembled clients paperwork folders on a daily basis
• Scanned all files for backup referral and produced quality control of all clients files
Receptionist
• Answered telephones, direct calls, took messages, faxed and filed papers
• Copy, compile, collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail and messages
• Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
• Keep and maintain records of staffs members whereabouts and availability
• Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars
Productive and a fun place to Intern.
Clerical Intern (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break.
Cons: repetitive
I've learned how to scan files into the computer so the companies that we send them to have wlwctronic files.
THIS WAS INTERNSHIP
CLERICAL INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PANovember 28, 2012
THIS WAS JUST A CLERICAL INTERNSHIP
AND IT WAS GREAT FOR ME
I LEARNED THINGS I DID NOT KNOW
fun place to work good supervisors
site worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2012
Pros: free lunch and good management
Cons: not enough emloyee management relations
To work on inventory and merchandising of store merchandise. To hang sale signs and hang merchandise neatly and fast .
Help Find Jobs
Scanning Specialist/Clerical Internship (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 9, 2012
I love being at ESDI Program because it helps me find a job or going back to school. I learned that I have to be CONFIDENT in myself to work harder in everything I do. My co-worker are nice they stay to their self. I enjoy getting help from others and giving help to other.
Easygoing, educational enviroment, filled with knowledgeable instructors.
Clerical Internship (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 30, 2012
Pros: informative instructors, comfortable work enviroment.
Cons: no paycheck
Stress-free enviroment, with plenty to do. Your instructor takes you through all aspects of clerical work, making sure the information is understood, and all assigned tasks are completed correctly.
But, before you even begin your clerical internship, you meet with several job seeker professionals. They review your skills, qualifications, ect. And while your busy learning valuable skills, they're busy helping to find you a job. One fitted to your own individual qualifications.
Good place to meet new people and help find employment.
Instructor/Paid Work Coordinator (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 23, 2012
Pros: flex fridays. every other friday i have off.
Cons: medical expenses, expressing yourself.
EDSI is a good company. They focus on helping welfare clients gain employment. I currently manage a scanning center where we put people to work and help build their skills. It is rewarding to find jobs for people and change their outlook on life.