EDU Healthcare Employee Reviews

temporary position
RN (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 8, 2017
Contract position for a school in need,nice place to work, excellent office and supporting staff.Far from home to travel for work more than an hour.Working with children in a classroom setting for educational purposes was very rewarding.Hardest part was Clinical chart review of all students for immunizations and medical issues related to beginning and ending school year.
Pros
working with children, families and staff
Cons
contract position, far from home
Productive child friendly
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Northbabylon NYAugust 3, 2017
Didn't start working there yet but as it was described to me it sounds like a productive work environment and I'm
Able to help children grow and learn .
Helpful, friendly and knowledgeable staff
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 3, 2017
The staff at EDU helped me in getting a job with the ability to move cross-country! My primary contact with EDU was always available through email, phone and text whenever I had a question. The staff made my whole job search experience run smoothly from interviews, to certifications, to new-hire paperwork and relocation!
Contract position with local school.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAJuly 26, 2017
Each person that I dealt with at EDU was helpful. My recruiter was there any time I had questions. She called to check in with me frequently throughout the year. I am looking forward to working with EDU in the future should the opportunity come up.
Pros
Great support
Cons
In contract with school, if my assigned student did not attend school, I was not allowed to work either.
Just Starting
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILJuly 25, 2017
I am new to EDU Healthcare, and I believe this is a great company. The recruiter that I have had the pleasure to work with has been very professional, knowledgeable and genuinely concerned about my needs and wants. She has made every step of the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process very easy. I have thoroughly enjoyed communicating with her and I look forward to becoming part of the team.
Pros
Great Recruiters
Cons
n/a
Great Company
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Como, TXJuly 20, 2017
Had a wonderful application, interview and hiring experience all thanks to EDU Healthcare. Khris was so extremely helpful and efficient. I'm so thankful to them for providing me with a much needed and great job at a great school.
Pros
Efficient, friendly, hardworking, very pleasant
Solid management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 12, 2017
Just started a summer placement, so limited experience. I can say that my on boarding was quick and very efficiently completed.

I work at a summer school for special needs students, mostly teenagers. The students are the best part of my job. I truly enjoy all of my coworkers-the most dedicated and loving people in all of education.

The hardest part of the job was not having any local person to connect with prior to the first day. I just walked in as a stranger and said, "Hi, I'm the nurse." All the paperwork had been completed through EDUHealthcare. I just felt kind of anonymous at the start. But it is working out very well.
Pros
Ease of on boarding process
Cons
Very long wait for paycheck
Great assignment unless there are issues in workplace.
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2017
Job was smooth, amazing and flexible, until there were issues with administration/stability of school. EDU does not honor five days notice, provide support if director of school is unethical.
Pros
easy reporting of hours, great job until issues in school
Cons
recruiters turn over regularly, EDU does not provide much support if there are problems
Great On Boarding!
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wake County, NCMarch 19, 2017
EDU Healthcare made the on boarding process easy for me! Communication was great and they quickly answered any questions I had. I love the flexibility of being able to decide how many hours I work per week.
Actively Involved and Supportive
SLP (Current Employee) –  DeKalb County, GAMarch 18, 2017
EDU helped me find a position in the area that I was actively searching. They made finding a position straight-forward and interesting. Coming from many miles away, the counselor helped me acclimate to the new environment through phone call support, even though they did not advertise as a Travel Company. Management is supportive and helpful with issues relating to the job, comprehending and explaining contractual points. I would definitely recommend this company since they are actively involved with us throughout the job search, and administration of the job.
Pros
work with 1099s
Cons
It's not a Travel company, per se.
Very good service - helpful to me, thanks!
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2017
This company was very helpful and got me a job! Thanks! I am very happy with their service. The staff is very nice and helpful. I was happy that they kept looking for jobs for me and came up with a great job.
Pros
Positive, helpful staff
Cons
no cons
Great company!!
School Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2017
A great company to work for. The administrative staff shows a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems. They're always available to lend support and guidance to employees by email and or telephone correspondence.
Pros
Open communication and willingness to assist when needed
Cons
None to report
Diverse group of team members with outgoing personalities
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2017
A typical day as a EDU Healthcare employee, includes a positive-upbeat work environment. I have enjoyed working with other clinicians employed by EDU Healthcare and students.
Pros
little travel
Cons
lunch selection
Responsive, helpful, intelligent staff
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILMarch 12, 2017
Eduhealthcare employees went the extra mile. They were responsive to employment questions related to compensation, interviewing, and follow-through. There are numerous forms that one must fill out which seem somewhat redundant, e.g. preemployment contract, intent to take a position, the fact that you have to get the position before you actually become an employee of Eduhealthcare, how one is encouraged to go for a 1099 independent contractor in order to get the highest salary, but when push comes to shove the salary was essentially the same as the base salary quoted since my benefit counselor was off that day and another counselor filled in. The hardest part of the job is the anxiety/having to learn yet another computer system, e.g. method of documenting progress, i.e.p.'s etc, learning where students classrooms are, but this is also one of the most enjoyable too- everything is new, but due to previous positions also somewhat familiar. The counselors at EDU are so supportive and helpful. When you call someone will respond and follow-up, follow-through is 100% timely, positive, and encouraging.
Pros
personable helpful staff willing to go the extra mile.
Cons
learning the new computer systems, paperwork, mastering timetables and preparing paperwork for students you just met.
Very helpful
School Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2017
(This is a third-party vendor and I will be working at a company that contracts with them for staffing.)

I appreciate that the recruiter I worked with listened to what I was looking for - instead of contacting me repeatedly for work that fell outside of the parameters I had specified. I also appreciate her persistence in contacting me!
The people I have worked with at this company were helpful and pleasant.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Herkimer County, NYJanuary 27, 2017
I am a contract Physical Therapist. My recruiter contacted me about a potential job in my prospect area. She helped set up the interview and checked in on me afterward. I work for the company, however I do not interact with other employees from this company on a daily basis. When I do have a question for my recruiter she answers it promptly.
Pros
Friendly people to work with
Cons
Have not come across any yet.
Satisfying work environment and able to assist the disabled.
Educational Sign Language Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJJanuary 26, 2017
In a typical day in my current position I fulfilled management tasks of guiding students in the facility, as well as overseeing a team of two students. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, interpreting classes, drafting documents and emails and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved student issues.
Pros
The pay is great!
Cons
The travel to some assignments can be lengthy.
Great company to work with!
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 19, 2017
I recommend this company to everyone. The staff is great, they are patient, kind, informative and eager to get candidates placed in positions right away! They are great to work with and I am thrilled to be starting my career journey with them
Pros
Very helpful, kind, respond back to questions, etc right away.
Cons
None!
Summary of work day
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
A typical work day in a school setting consists of providing evaluations and service treatment minutes to students with speech and language goals. Other roles and responsibilities consist of collaborating with the educational team, attending team meetings, IEP meetings, planning therapy lessons, seeing students both individually and in small groups, collecting data and inputting data into service tracker for reimbursement purposes. Most co-workers in this building are respectful, easy-going and helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet my clients on a weekly basis and seeing them advance towards their goals.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
Short breaks; minimal time for a meaningful lunch break
Good work/life balance
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Hiring process was great! Easy to contact recruiters, very helpful. Great schools to work in! Awesome EDU gear, backpack and water bottle! Hours are good.
Pros
Easy to contact recruiters.
Cons
No PTO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDU Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6