Educate Online, Inc.

Educate Online, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Ed Tech
Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2016
Early stage education tech company with a dynamic work environment. Management empowers employees to find solutions to business problems.
Educate Online- good programs for student support
Teacher/Assessment Proctor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 9, 2015
EO has a fine program for remediation and also extra help for those trying to improve their education. The math program, with which I am the most familiar, is based on positive reinforcement and advancement only when 80% has been achieved on the concept. If the child does not pas that concept, then it is explained as" we will try another approach, everyone learns differently". then the teacher serves another type of lesson on the same concept to the child. The student realizes it is a non threatening environment and becomes more invested in the learning.
Pros
Exposure to a variety of students
Cons
low salary
Remote job perfect for Educators
Student Engagement Representative (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreSeptember 1, 2015
I worked on average 20-30 hours per week during our peak season. I created and managed all student tutoring.
The hardest part of my job was not having face to face interactions with my peers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility to work from home and to be around for my family.
Pros
remote
Cons
work hours were inconsistant
Awesome Place to work
Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJuly 25, 2015
Educate Online has been so far the best job I've had. 7 years of working from Home with a company that empowered its employees to do their best.
Do not recommend
Online Educator (Former Employee) –  onlineMarch 25, 2015
Training was confusing. I never worked. They never had enough students. There was no work in the summer, but I was told to contact in October 2014 about working. No one responded back.
great place to work part time
Tutor (Current Employee) –  homeFebruary 13, 2015
This job has great managers, wonderful schedule flexibility and it was fun working with the staff and students. The lesson plans were all set up for you its a great guide to help engage your students with the work.
Nice easy job for extra pay
Online Tutor/Instructor K-12 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2014
I loved working here, but I let my certification run out. Flexible and easy.
Pros
ease of the job
Cons
pay
Great Place
Online Educator (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 17, 2014
I love being able to sign on and do what I love in the comfort of my own home.
Pros
self nominating
Cons
new leaders are not as nice
Administrative & Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2014
Typical day can be very busy. As being the Logistics Coordinator, I had the opportunity to also become the Administrative Assistant to the Director of Human Resources. I can describe management and co-workers as being perfect, they where always ready to pitch in when needed. There wasn't any hard part to the job because we worked as a team and the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying our clients.
Pros
the pros where the special events for doing a job well done.
Cons
there where no cons
fun place to work
sales manger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2014
Everyone was friendly and caring always reached out to help
Pros
great boss
Cons
very . tiring
Don't bother
Higher ed tutor (Former Employee) –  OnlineApril 20, 2014
I'm fairly tolerant when it comes to most work situations; if it were all fun and games it wouldn't be work! But this had nothing to recommend it. The compensation was way below normal for higher ed. The training was haphazard and confusing. There were too many management points of contact to keep track of...it was a mess. I haven't the remotest idea why I was hired since they had trouble finding students for me to even do my demo sessions with. When it came time to work...there was nothing for me to do. I got no hours. Zero. Bizarre. Why hire when you have no need? I asked several times. I made up a schedule that was in keeping with their stated needs...still nothing. Two months in, I gave up. The oddest company I've ever 'worked' for.
Pros
Easy especially if you don't like work.
Cons
No work.

Comment – December 31, 1969

The Higher Education part of the business was brand new as of 2013 and everyone hired for this program was brought on as seasonal per diem part time employees for that reason. The need was unknown. Regarding too many points of contact - we acknowledge this was an issue and restructured the Education team last month to provide a more streamlined experience with less points of contact for all involved. With the release of the new learning environment platform the whole training program is being redesigned this summer as well. A lot of positive changes. Sorry to see you go before all the improvements.

Work from home, seasonal work.
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 16, 2013
A great seasonal job that allows you to offer free computers and online tutoring to underprivileged children. I would clock in and network with parents to introduce them to the program. The management is fine. It's pretty laissez-faire. They only want numbers. I had no co-workers, in Memphis. The hardest part of the job was convincing parents that it wasn't a scam. The most enjoyable part was helping underprivileged kids.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
seasonal and no benefits
Not organized
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  baltimore, mdDecember 12, 2013
I am not sure this company still exists, a lot of people were laid off and the objective of the company changed. I was let to manage my own accounts and I was not micromanaged. There was a lot of work and travel for some which led to many accounts and a profitable year. I learned a lot from working in this field and would love to work in the education field again as a program manager. I did enjoy my team members, they were always willing to help with questions and suggest ways to proceed.
Pros
free parking, able to advance easily, not micromanaged
Cons
no job security, lots of travel in the fall season
Excellent place to work
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandNovember 6, 2013
Educate Online is an excellent place to work. The Online Environment enables instructors to work comfortably from home. The employee is able to choose her own hours. The lessons are structured by professional educators based on careful assessment of each student. Each week, instructors are provided with updates on what is going on in the company. Each month, employees have meetings to discuss development of skills and questions instructors have. The staff is very upfront, organized and professional. Educate Online is an excellent company to work for.
fun atmosphere good work enviroment
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 6, 2013
wa a good place to work and it was fun dealing with children and the parents
Pros
got to travel
Cons
long drives
Review of Educate Online
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 14, 2013
A typical session for me runs this way: I come into the online classroom platform about 15 minutes early. I read over the previous teachers session notes, I look at the individual plans and I create my classrooms. I always have a Fun Fact trivia for the students to guess such as "What animal on Earth makes the loudest noise?"(It's a blue whale). I have written notes to the students in the chat boxes welcoming them and I like to start out every session with positive reinforcement. Classroom management is an art online as you only have 1 hour(sometimes 2) with your student and you have to be ready when the student comes in to greet, make the students feel comfortable and get the lessons moving. The hardest part of the job is having new students a lot of the time and not being able to consistently see one or two. The most enjoyable part is reading excerpts from our newsletter where parents write in about their child's success and happiness! It is also rewarding when a supervisor or a student compliments the way I handled a session!
Pros
flexibility, peer support, great lesson plans, well-organized company
Cons
teachers are maxed out at 29 hours.
fast-paced virtual company preparing for Education's changing world
educator and primary assessment duties (Current Employee) –  home officeApril 30, 2013
Educate Online (EO) is a place where educators with broad expertise or specific subject matter expertise can find multiple opportunities to pursue a career in education.

If you have experience in teaching writing, higher math, reading, or beginning math, EO has a place where you can into the company.

Flexibility in your daily schedule and having some computer technical skills will be a big assest as you progress through your career path at EO. New jobs are being created every day as the company moves forward in expanding its focus and position in the on-line education market.
Pros
flexibility, opportunities, colleagues and peers, management
Cons
teaching volume can vary but is improving
Very convenient to work from home
Online teacher (Current Employee) –  Work from home-MichiganApril 8, 2013
Great flexibility and many opportunities to grow professionally. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. It is very rewarding work helping people learn new skills. Hardest part of the job is trying to work efficiently without actually seeing the students.
Pros
work from home
Cons
seasonal
Dedicated educators united for benefit of students
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2013
I am so impressed with the passion that my coworkers have for the education of our students. These folks love what they do and it shows. Very good people, extremely flexible hours, lots of opportunity to learn additional facets in the field of education. I love what I do here and the people that I have the privilege to work with.
Pros
flexible hours, work from home, great people
Cons
don't get to see our student's faces
Flexible
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2013
Nice part time job, but lately have not been getting any hours.

4.2