Education Affiliates Employee Reviews

Company was fair to work for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 27, 2016
The hardest part of my job was getting customers to be willing to be transferred to schools. The Leads were very knowledgeable and friendly.
Pros
We always were treated to lunch on holidays.
Cons
No benefits and pay was not good.
Good job.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 26, 2016
This was a good job to work for. The management could of been better but over all I had a pleasant experience working here.
Pros
They were able to work with my flexible schedule.
Cons
Management needs to be more professional.
Terrible work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2016
The director of the call center is unprofessional. The environment wasn't friendly or productive. It is ok if yiur just looking for something as a temp part time but there is no chance for advancement or growth.
Just don't something better will come
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 21, 2016
Just don't do it. All they care about are the numbers. Be ready to second guess everything someone says to you. The students are non stop no shows. People cursing at you to stop calling them.
Not a healthy education environment..
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 4, 2016
Expectations were always unrealistic and upper management was never supportive of direct service staff. Company always seems to be in perpetual change, usually not for the better.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Some dishonest employees that would only look out for themselves.
Good Starting Place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasAugust 24, 2016
I believe I gained a lot of knowledge on how the professional world works and how things are handled. I would recommend for anyone looking to start their career.
Pros
Free lunches, great environment.
Cons
Merits, and Salary pay
great laid back environment always promoting from within
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2016
Great laid back environment always promoting from within however does not offer full time employment.And not in my desired field which is why I'm looking for an opportunity for a more rewarding career path.
Part Time CSR Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJuly 4, 2016
I worked for Education Affiliates as a part time customer service rep for 3yrs. The position was very easy to perform and the hours were quite flexible. The management were understanding for the most part but at times didn't know how to quite accommodate employee needs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unprofessional management
Very productive
Sales Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2016
It was an excellent place to work, i learned many new things they were willing to move you up in the company. They were very flexible with alot of things and also had a great work environment.
Pros
could dress casual, great work events
Cons
No healthcare
Positive Family-Like Environment
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 13, 2016
The faculty is very kind and motivated to help students beyond the classroom. The administration maintains a low stress and relaxed environment provided individual responsibilities are performed as expected. The level of academic freedom is ideal for a career based institution to bring current practices and real-time methods into the lessons.
Pros
Day, Afternoon, Night Classes Offered
Cons
Few Full-Time Positions available
Disconnected and Disorganized
New Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2015
Education Affiliates is completely disorganized from the very top level down and it shows in many ways. Communication is very scattered and you're constantly receiving mixed messages. The corporate office is full of empty cubes and offices and is very depressing. No one talks to each other (outside of their own department). If you care about connecting with people this isn't the place for you.
Nice for a part time job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2015
This is a nice part time job. The staff and management are friendly and easy to talk to. The environment is nice and laid back for the most part.
dont like it
Associate Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2014
don't like it would not recommend the school a rip off for high school students
Loving Environment
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 10, 2014
Loved the environment and meeting new people.
Excited to see the students fulfilling their dreams and was very happy when they graduated and passed the boards
Pros
Loving Environment
Cons
Didn't want to leave work
Fraudulent, Overwhelming, Random, Tumultuous, Insubstantial, Somber
Pharmacy Tech Instructor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 4, 2014
The admissions team focuses on enrollment quotas, ignoring socioeconomic issues that may interfere with student success rates, such as (poverty, childcare, transportation, academic ability). Instructors are forced to act as social workers. I have witnessed an admission's team member have a potential student retake the admissions test in attempt to achieve acceptable scores.

Instructors are not trained in accordance with the employee handbook, instructors are on most occasions assigned a course the day before the class starts and provided course materials the day the course is to be taught. Faculty members are not allotted adequate class preparation time.

Not every program has a program director, so administrative leaders are spread too thin, handling issues that range from student/faculty grievances to ordering course materials. Thus, student/faculty grievances are not addressed appropriately or completely, and materials needed to perform lab assignments are not provided, faculty members purchase items on an as needed bases to be reimbursed later.

There are nearly no student activities or programs to foster personal and professional development for students. The faculty training conferences are a joke, no one ever logs in to the conference call on time, the power points are elementary, and certificates for completion are handed out months later. Faculty meetings are held, but focus on how adjunct faculty members can improve student retention with limited resources and time allotment.

Overall, those in leadership roles are lacking leadership skills, managerial
  more... skills, or simply spread too thin to carry out the schools initiatives and mission.  less
Pros
Hourly pay, Networking opportunities
Cons
Adjunct hours/Full-time work load, Administrative leaders lack managerial skills, Admission team 100% quota driven
Good
Sr. Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2014
I enjoy my job. Great work environment and culturally diverse. I would recommend working at Education Affiliates to anyone. There is a great work/home life balance as well
Rewarding Challenge
Director, Career Services (Current Employee) –  NE OhioApril 7, 2014
No doubt one of the most professionally and intellectually rewarding aspects of the position comes through working for a Private Career College where one can witness the transformation of a intimidated newly enrolled student to a well educated more confident graduate, knowing that in some collaborative way your contribution was part of that transformation; truly rewarding.

Unfortunately, the increasing challenges are beginning to greatly ore shadow the rewards; no matter how great the rewards may be. Our industry has suffered nationally with lower enrollment numbers, decreased funding initiatives and increased regulatory "outcomes based" compliance issues that make it increasingly more difficult for schools to serve and successfully achieve the educational needs of their community.
Pros
The Company, college, management, staff and students/graduate are fantastic
Cons
Public and governmental perception of our industry is somewhat skewed & misguided
difficult job great pay, but terrible atomsphere
Associate Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 22, 2013
A typical day consisted of cold calling and trying to get students interested in coming to school. The school it self was not up to par and had a bad reputation therefore it made your job as an admissions rep that much harder. I love my coworkers even though drama was always in our midst. I learned how to manage my time and multi-task and be self reliant. if you are not a people person this is NOT the job for you. You have to be able to interact with people every day all day.
Executive Director Industrial Sales (Current Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAAugust 1, 2013
Challenging work environment. Always presented with learning opportunities.
Pros
Running my own department as I see fit
Cons
Long hours that are not compensated for
Run. Run for the hills and do not look back.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White MarshJuly 30, 2013
I worked at Education Affiliate's corporate office in White Marsh. DO NOT work for this company. They are struggling to pay their own bills and you will too. They underpay like it's their job. They will work you hard with meaningless, mind numbingly boring work. They are only looking to hire the best and the brightest but they want you to do entry level work (forwarding e-mails, printing out your bosses paperwork, make powerpoints) alllllll day. When I was brought on I was told that they were looking to transition my role into something else. They can't even keep their head above water with their poorly worded emails typed in all caps (from senior management) there is no way they are transitioning anything. Coworkers have not been given raises in years and the bonuses that are contracted are ALWAYS late because the paperwork is never filed on time.

The only redeeming light here is that middle management is pretty laid back. They don't bust your butt too often and roll with the punches but if you look at the state of the company, that is probably their downfall. Senior management also has a very old school style. They are not open to new ideas. They want yes men underneath them. Everyone that works at this company is a secretary to their boss. And you can tell by the general 'beta' attitude of everyone you meet here. If you are talented at what you do and looking to advance, go elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Education Affiliates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8