Education Management Corporation

Education Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Very Rewarding
Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLNovember 27, 2016
I had an amazing time with my co-workers and peers. This particular university was a smaller private one so it was easy to navigate who to talk to and when. It was so rewarding to be able to help my peers with their studies and aid the professors with their classrooms.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Work Study position while enrolled in school
It was a great company
Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85040November 22, 2016
This was a great company to work for until recent years when they changed their management and started to go under. Dropping schools and laying off tons of their higher paid staff,
I taught in the paralegal program
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2016
If you are a licensed attorney and a professional, I do not recommend Brown Mackie. They prefer un-licensed non practicing attorneys to teach. In my opinion, Brown Mackie has the potential to be a better school if they hired attorney who practice to teach their classes.
Pros
Students
Cons
disorganized administration
Financial Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 12, 2016
Maintained organization and effectiveness of financial aid department operations. Frequently located hard-to-find folders containing important paperwork, saving hundreds of hours by preventing facility from having to redo paperwork.
Serve as the Chief Sales and Marketing Executive for BMC Greenville
Senior Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2016
Ensure compliance with all corporate policies and ethical standards as well as all federal and state requirements

Lead recruitment of new students and oversee sales management for the admissions department

Develop, forecast and maintain new student and re-admissions goals/plans

Managed hiring of all admissions staff, maintain staffing plans, and assist in the training, development, motivation,

Management, and ongoing observation of such staff through monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
Forecast Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 18, 2016
Serve as an effective liaison between the District Manager for the Northeast Region. Support the budgeting/forecasting, expense control and capital planning process for campuses within the district. Work closely with campus Directors to ensure budget projections are met. Coordinate district meetings and make all necessary arrangements. Generate and track purchase orders. Finalize accounts payable and expense reports for submission to corporate office. Manage activities of the secretarial staff and delegate work as necessary.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Compensation
A solid company
National Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 6, 2016
It's a solid company for a starter job because they offer good pay flexible hours for college students and they have a great working environment. However the opportunities to move up are slim they mainly hire from outside the company and rarely move anyone in entry level positions into management. The management here are kind of up tight here as well and the VP is not a nice person he doesn't care about the employees he is all about firing people then moving on not about helping people he just is a bad person all together.
Pros
Cons
No chances to move up
challenging
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2015
Enjoyed the contact with the students over the phone. I also enjoyed walking the students through their financial aid requirements.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
non to speak of...
Great learning environment & opportunity to make an impact on the future!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2015
The profit higher education industry certainly has a reputation of being a challenging industry that is highly scrutinized. I have found it to be challenging and rewarding. Having spent all of my career in other industries it is very rewarding to know that we positively impact the lives of students everday. Education is probably one of the best products I have been able to represent in my career. I enjoy my colleagues, our students and our faculty and staff. Great place to work if you want to make an impact and see the results of your work everyday!
Slow and boring job.
Finance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 18, 2015
I did not like working in this very quiet, yet demanding work environment. At times there would not even be work to due. They are open to firing anyone for anything.
Good people bad business
Director of Admissions (Human Resources) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2015
I can only offer my personal experience which was not all bad and not all positive. EDMC must change its culture before it can become the leader in education that it strives to be. In my time there I did my best, and hope the positive effects I had took hold and are maintained.
Great Place to Work
Corporate Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 1, 2015
It is very refreshing to work for a company that leads by example and believes in a work life balance for their employees.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 21, 2015
College student working for dorms. Trying to fill word requirement for super old job. Management was very upbeat and easy to speak with.Lots of people to keep you busy.
What you learned
National Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzOctober 12, 2015
Its a great place for a job. Its something that can help you improve your customer service skills. But not a company for advancements. And pay is awful.
Great company
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  PiitsburghOctober 9, 2015
I enjoy working here! I was able to complete my Masters degree and advance within the organization. Competitive compensation.
Friendly work place with a company concerned about both numbers and quality
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 4, 2015
Education Management Corporation (EDMC) was a friendly work place with supportive management. EDMC was not only concerned about numbers but about quality as well. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with various people locally as well as all over the United States and even two locations in Canada. These people included co-workers and other teams as well as customers or staff and faculty supporting/teaching students. Due to continued reorganization within the company, there were mass layoffs that I eventually became a part of. However, that was to be expected with the continued reorganization and it was an overall great work experience.
Competetive, A sales background would be helpful in this position
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  PittsburghSeptember 1, 2015
Management styles vary from team to team. If you are lucky enough to have a supportive, positive manager who lights a fire within her/his employees instead of under them then you can be successful at EDMC. (I was lucky)
Pros
Decent pay for the work that is being done.
Cons
Compliance gaps are discouraging to employees who have the desire to promote.
Benefits Make It Worth It
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 15, 2015
Been with company for 3+ years. Been told by numerous managers that I am deserving a promotion, yet no opportunities have been given.
Not Bad
Pre -Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler AZAugust 14, 2015
The compensation could have been better. The lower level managers are not well trained in leadership skills and lack that interpersonal relationship with their individual teams
Director of Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PAAugust 7, 2015
Great place to work. I have been here for close to 9 years and it has been a great learning and growing experience. I can't say anything but good things about this organization.

2.2