Education Management Corporation

Education Management Corporation Employer Reviews

Great Company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 21, 2014
Have had a great time working for EDMC and learned a lot of valuable information
Great work environment and was very rewarding
Marketing/Recruitment Coordinator- Art Institutes (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: laid off 250 employees in june 2014
I worked for this company for 8 years. It was a rewarding job not for the pay, but for the opportunity to work with a generational market that was pursing an alternative means of education. It was a niche market and offered the right brained individual an exciting alternative to public education.
Room for improvement.
Senior Admissions Represenative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: schedule, supervisors, lack of advancement opportunity.
Do not plan on making EDMC a career, the average time is around a year.
Countrywide Projects of interesting scope and acheivable completion dates
PM - Corporate Real Estate and Construction (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 8, 2014
It was a great place to work, industry sector is being hard hit.
Nice place to work for a student at Art Institute
Work-Study Student, Art Institute (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: printed pictures for nothing
Cons: had to work the night shift from time to time
The typical day is coming in making sure all my paperwork was in order for that shift. making sure my name was on the checkout and not one of my co-workers. Then checking out film and photography equipment to students.
Great customer service is what I learned
The management worked with my schedule at all times and was a good person to work with.
Co-workers – more... was also students and they all where good people
Hardest part was when everyone came to the window at once and wanted something.
Most enjoyable was I could work on my stuff when it was slow. – less
A great place to work
Executive High School Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: lay off
I wish I had not been laid off. I would have retired with EDMC.
Hostile work environment
Allied Health Department Chair, Coordinator (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 26, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: poor management
The typical work day started early and ended late. I learned to never trust a corporation who thinks only of money and not the human resource the employ. Management was less than knowledgeable on how to motivate and lead their employees. The co-worker for which I worked with were awesome for the most part. The hardest part of the job was dealing with – more... management, the other parts of the job were fantastic. The enjoyable part of the job were the success stories of the students. – less
great product, poorly managed company
actively looking for a new job (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2014
Pros: product, salary, education benefits
Cons: boys club, unqualified management team
There are too many unqualified individuals in upper management positions. The culture has suffered because of it. The company offers amazing products that in jeapordy of being shut down due to mismanagement.
Positive atmosphere but little room for advancement.
Assistant Director of Readmissions (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2014
My experience has been mostly positive. The work environment remains positive overall despite current state of the company. I truly enjoy assisting the campuses and students I support. There is, however, almost no room for advancement currently.
Beginning of Education Career
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2014
Pros: working with determined students, compensation
Cons: sales aspect
I helped students to apply for the Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online. This was a different experience. I enjoyed speaking with students that were eager to obtain an education.
Telemarketing
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 3, 2014
Every day, I cold called prospective students and tried to convince them to enroll in online education.
Student Tutor
Student Tutor (Current Employee), Atlanta, gaJune 2, 2014
Made it possible to help fellow students with additional training when they needed it.
Productive Workplace
REMOTE ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 27, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: layoffs
Teamwork is key in this fun, customer focused environment. Management is supportive of devlopement of staff.
Long hard days
Admission Representative (Former Employee), phoenixMay 21, 2014
each day was tough and dragged on. was a frustrating 7 months.
They need to be shut down
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMay 4, 2014
Pros: ok pay
Cons: horrible hours, high turnover rate
Key management come across like they care about employees but the director is only concerned about getting an application at any cost. I felt bad for recruiting students knowing what kind of service they would get after being done with the admission. Admissions will work you to the bone.
bad
Finance (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2014
poor company performance is driving worsening work environment.
no raises two years ago and small raises last year.
company has no loyality toward employees.
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2014
Pros: the pay and benefits were excellent
Cons: jobs can be eliminated without notice.
Great job in which I excelled. Work from home, control my own scheduling. Monthly conference calls, weekly reports, travel 90%, monthly reviews with management.
Director of staff perspective on a terrible company
Interactive Art Director (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2014
Just as my star rating indicates, I don't think there is one area of this company that doesn't rate poorly. It's badly managed - certainly in all the departments that I worked in/with. Compensation is below average and benefits are non existent. How can you motivate a staff with no incentives? Most shocking though is the poor ethics of this company. – more... In the way they treat staff and more importantly the students attending the companies online and on-ground schools.

Seriously consider working somewhere else if you can. – less
A nice place to work if you're not worried about job security
Finance Counselor (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 10, 2014
Pros: fun and laid back work environment
Cons: no job security
Argosy Online is a nice to place to work with a laid back environment. The pay is fairly competitive. I enjoyed working in the finance department. The major problem with EDMC is job security. Mass lay-offs happen every six to 12 months. I would still be working there if it wasn't for layoffs.
EDMC
Collections Representative /Customer service (Current Employee), pittsburgh,paApril 8, 2014
EDMC was a fast paced call center. I was trained in Microsoft excel as well as other Microsoft office programs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Education Management Corporation

Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on – Read more

Education Management Corporation Photos