Education Management Corporation

Education Management Corporation Employee Reviews

uncertain
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 21, 2017
Too many directions with no leadership. cold calls are not good. management was not good at all. work environment ok but not great. Left you out to dry
Tough
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 14, 2017
If you follow the training you can make it but some people get to caught up in their own ethics. It's possible to the the AR job ethically and still make your numbers. Sadly that's all it is though, numbers....
Do not ever work here
Student Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2017
Do not ever work here. The managers and "leaders" are not properly trained or have real "business" experience. They are very immature and self-centered. The entire company is a scam.
Great Place to Work
Director of Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2017
I have been with EDMC for roughly 8 years and have enjoyed the dynamic environment that challenges me to grow every day. The staff is reliable and hard working.
Excellent workplace
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
excellent company culture and great benefits. Excellent interdepartmental team work and fun environment for creative professionals who Enjoy improving the lives of others.
Pros
Lots of food and Excellent company culture
Fantastic
Student Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 3, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working for this company. I believe the people, the environment, the opportunity for growth are all items that they exceeded in.
Great place to work, great environment
Student Accountant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 20, 2016
Great place to work, great environment.

I learned how to work independently while also relying on my coworkers for advice and assistance when needed
Great Team Environment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2016
Working with students to help them get into school
Worked on teams and created a competitive environment which ensured efficiency. The hardest part of the job was that Sometimes goals were stressful because you had to keep your students motivated.
Great Connections
Academic Advisor - Academic Advising Center (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work for networking and resume building purposes. This entry-level workplace allows you to learn invaluable skills that will stay with you throughout your career.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Employee Benefits
Very Rewarding
Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLNovember 27, 2016
I had an amazing time with my co-workers and peers. This particular university was a smaller private one so it was easy to navigate who to talk to and when. It was so rewarding to be able to help my peers with their studies and aid the professors with their classrooms.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Work Study position while enrolled in school
It was a great company
Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85040November 22, 2016
This was a great company to work for until recent years when they changed their management and started to go under. Dropping schools and laying off tons of their higher paid staff,
I taught in the paralegal program
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2016
If you are a licensed attorney and a professional, I do not recommend Brown Mackie. They prefer un-licensed non practicing attorneys to teach. In my opinion, Brown Mackie has the potential to be a better school if they hired attorney who practice to teach their classes.
Pros
Students
Cons
disorganized administration
Financial Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 12, 2016
Maintained organization and effectiveness of financial aid department operations. Frequently located hard-to-find folders containing important paperwork, saving hundreds of hours by preventing facility from having to redo paperwork.
Serve as the Chief Sales and Marketing Executive for BMC Greenville
Senior Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2016
Ensure compliance with all corporate policies and ethical standards as well as all federal and state requirements

Lead recruitment of new students and oversee sales management for the admissions department

Develop, forecast and maintain new student and re-admissions goals/plans

Managed hiring of all admissions staff, maintain staffing plans, and assist in the training, development, motivation,

Management, and ongoing observation of such staff through monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
Forecast Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 18, 2016
Serve as an effective liaison between the District Manager for the Northeast Region. Support the budgeting/forecasting, expense control and capital planning process for campuses within the district. Work closely with campus Directors to ensure budget projections are met. Coordinate district meetings and make all necessary arrangements. Generate and track purchase orders. Finalize accounts payable and expense reports for submission to corporate office. Manage activities of the secretarial staff and delegate work as necessary.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Compensation
A solid company
National Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 6, 2016
It's a solid company for a starter job because they offer good pay flexible hours for college students and they have a great working environment. However the opportunities to move up are slim they mainly hire from outside the company and rarely move anyone in entry level positions into management. The management here are kind of up tight here as well and the VP is not a nice person he doesn't care about the employees he is all about firing people then moving on not about helping people he just is a bad person all together.
Pros
Cons
No chances to move up
challenging
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2015
Enjoyed the contact with the students over the phone. I also enjoyed walking the students through their financial aid requirements.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
non to speak of...
Great learning environment & opportunity to make an impact on the future!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2015
The profit higher education industry certainly has a reputation of being a challenging industry that is highly scrutinized. I have found it to be challenging and rewarding. Having spent all of my career in other industries it is very rewarding to know that we positively impact the lives of students everday. Education is probably one of the best products I have been able to represent in my career. I enjoy my colleagues, our students and our faculty and staff. Great place to work if you want to make an impact and see the results of your work everyday!
Slow and boring job.
Finance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 18, 2015
I did not like working in this very quiet, yet demanding work environment. At times there would not even be work to due. They are open to firing anyone for anything.
Good people bad business
Director of Admissions (Human Resources) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2015
I can only offer my personal experience which was not all bad and not all positive. EDMC must change its culture before it can become the leader in education that it strives to be. In my time there I did my best, and hope the positive effects I had took hold and are maintained.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Education Management Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2