Education Management Corporation

Education Management Corporation Employee Reviews

EDMC was the bad place to work.
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 18, 2017
I would not recommend anyone who cares able fair treatment of good group dynamics to work there. My team was dysfunctional, My manager only showed up half the time and when she did she would bring her child or dogs in the offices. I experience bigoted and misogynic overtones in the group.
Grea Atmosphere For Growth
Desktop Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 1, 2017
Great atmosphere, great media-equipment diversity, great people to work with, flexible, overall great environment.
great advancement opportunities.Fun
Pros
self-managed
Cons
remote management, company sold Laid off
Hard place to work
Team Leader - System Support Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 31, 2017
Just not a good place to work at for someone who wanted to learn and be a leader. I provide this company 11 years to be overlook for several position within the company. Very unfair place to work.
How do you rate a company that will cease to exist
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 30, 2017
Can't actually give a review because EDMC has been bought out & will cease to exist. When I was first hired, it was like family. As it expanded, it became less & less human.
Pros
Co-workers become family
Cons
Poor management
National Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 23, 2017
Balanced environment with a lot of opportunity for growth from an entry level position. Lots of people who are willing to help if you ever have a question
Pros
1 hour lunch
Casual clothing, quick/ fun working enviroment
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2017
At work, each day was never the same and there was always something new going on, especially since it is at a school. Fun, fast & easy work enviroment
Pros
There's always food & nice people
Cons
No benefits
hectic
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 10, 2017
Open facility, run unassigned leads to Admissions Assistants, answer phones, schedule appointments, order supplies, make purchases on the company P-Card.
Pros
fun and well paid
Cons
management was HORRIBLE
Terrible culture
Finance Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2017
Terrible workplace culture
Unreasonable expectations
Questionable business practices
Medical insurance could be better
Decent enough pay
Would not recommend
Challenging and Door-Opening
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2017
Despite the long hours and extremely tight deadlines, I learned more about my craft in this position than in any other. It was challenging position on every level and opened doors for me to start my own company.
Productive and Fun place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  TNSeptember 22, 2017
Enjoy everyday at work. A typical day at work would be making dials and contacting potential students. Selling the appointment to learn more about the school. Walking the student through the entire on boarding process.
Great internship
Financial Planning & Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2017
Helped on multiple projects to assist the finance department. Nice team to work with and would help with any problems I faced. Did not have a formal intern program.
No job security and no room for advancement
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2017
If you would have asked me years ago about the benefits I would have given it five stars, however, EDMC continued to take away benefits and incentives. There was no 401k match the past couple of years. Insurance prices went up and the coverage went down. Raises have been non existent for the past 4 years or so. Overall the management is lacking and anyone that is worth being a manager they push out. The best part about the place was the pay and the people.
Purchased by Goldman Sachs!
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 5, 2017
This for-profit college had an excellent reputation until Goldman Sachs purchased it. The instructors and students were hard-working, talented and diligent. Unfortunately, after the purchase, the program heads were ordering the instructors to fail a given quota of students in certain classes in order to allow 'the correct attrition rate' for those classes, thus increasing profit for the school and costs for students. As a 'student tutor', students worked for low pay and increased their own education while helping other students who struggled in their weakest subjects. Good system, interesting work, sad decline for an excellent school.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Ruthless New Ownership
Productive and Professional place to work
Adjunct Professor - Miami International University (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2017
A productive and professional place to work.
I enjoy educating younger generations, not only in the field of web development but also in life in general, motivating students always to be better and help them to reach their professional goals.
People only look out for themselves
Assistant Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2017
Other department leader stepped in to do an investigation and undermined all the staff. All was running well between EDMC and affiliate til then. Good Pay and nice freedom was destroyed Because someone wanted to make themselves more known.
High Volume Production/ Short Staffed
Financial Aid Pre Certification/Processor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 17, 2017
High production independent work environment. Dwindling work staff. Multiple layoffs occurred while i was employed with little to no notice given to employees.
Free education
Senior Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2017
The best part about working for Education Management was that it provided free tuition. Tuition reimbursement if you took a class that was not offered at one of their schools.
I know about ping pong tables
National Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 7, 2017
A typical day is on the phone helping student. one learn to around using the different systems that provide important information sometime needed by the student. the job is not hard and there is a great fulfillment in knowing you have been a big help to a student or a potential student.
Best job I ever had!
Senior Territory Manager High School Rep (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2017
I was laid off with this company after I had worked with them for 10 years. This is a wonderful bunch of people. Even through the lay off I was treated with respect. The training is the best I have ever received. The education at the schools is top notch. It is a shame that they are being dismantled. Best job I have ever had without a doubt.
Pros
Remote position. Wonderful people. Fun.
Cons
They are in the process of closing much of the establishment.
Productive, professional. and fast paced environment
National Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at EDMC and appreciated the way I was treated. The environment was professional and I received all training needed to effectively perform my responsibilities.
Pros
I had a wonderful manager and friendly co-workers
Cons
Call center environment is loud, difficult to hear customer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Education Management Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3