Provides a variety of administrative functions, as well as general secretarial support, for the Chief Financial Officer. Candidate must have a knowledge base in finance, accounting, or other aspect of the financial industry. Candidate must be comfortable creating the role to be successful as the Executive Assistant of the CFO.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Prepares, organizes and maintains corporate documents and records (i.e. projects, presentations, reports. minutes, memos, articles).
- Creates and composes correspondence in concert with CFO as needed, providing error-free final product with minimal number of drafts.
- Arranges and calendars Finance meetings, conference calls for meetings, transcribes minutes and prepares other documentation as necessary.
- Reviews, compares and prepares various financial and legal documents (i.e. proposals, financials, applications) for conformation and consistency.
- Reads, sorts and routes incoming mail and email for CFO, bringing attention to time sensitive or priority mail as needed.
- Acts as liaison or representative for CFO in routine administrative activities, phone calls, inquiries or other matters as designated.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, itineraries, meetings and events for CFO as needed.
- Reviews and suggests ways to simplify procedures and improve workflow.
- Provides organizational and clerical support as needed for CFO
- Collects data and prepares reports, including conclusions and recommendations.
- Assists with other projects, functions and duties as assigned.
- Prepares annual reports for various state and government agencies.
- Maintains and manages CFO expense reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to identify Supervisors’ needs and independently resolve potential problems.
- Ability to make decisions, exercising reasonable independent judgment and discretion with minimal guidance and/or supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately disseminate information.
- Ability to follow up on task commitments and give updates as needed.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining courtesy and professionalism.
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel, Word, Projects, and PowerPoint
- Superior proofreading skills.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and proofreading skills, with attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum college degree or equivalent.
- Administrative experience in the financial, accounting or legal field is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Company rather than management retains the discretion to add to or change duties of position at any time.
Compensation: 55k-65k with full benefits package + 46 days PTO (paid time off)
Indeed - 22 months ago
Education Management Systems, Inc. is a 17 year old K-12 administrative software company headquartered in Wilmington, North Carolina. EMS...