EDUCATION MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2017
Very busy working enviroment. Nice Office location. Team work well together and very friendly office. Managers understanding. laid back enviroment within the company. relaxed dress code.
Unorganized
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2017
A typical day at work was good until I had A supervisor tell on me non-stop. She was upset with me because I had to switch shifts. I did enjoy the students that were attending the trade school. I did make a couple of new friends a long the was which was great. I would like to go back to that job someday. The co-workers that were rude to me have quit.
Pros
Pto, Vaction time
Cons
mean people
Professional Environment where hard work is rewarded.
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 8, 2016
EDMC is a high paced company with a lot of change. The industry is highly regulated and there is a lot of pressure to perform. The most difficult part of the job was motivating a staff who feels beaten down and unappreciated at times. I learned a lot there and I know am I a better leader for my time spent there.
Pros
Paid time off/salary
Cons
Employee morale
Energetic work environment with positive environment
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Bend,INNovember 3, 2016
I enjoyed the daily interaction with people and having the ability to help them make positive life changes. Great benefits with this company and I was hoping to be there till retirement, unfortunately that was not an option after closing their doors. I loved my daily routine and all my co- workers, positive work environment. Meting monthly sales number was the hardest part of job, and bringing in outside referrals. The best part was seeing students overcome life obstacles and graduating with their degrees.
Pros
Yearly reviews with salary increase
Cons
Stressful meeting monthly sales target
Good pay, Good people
Online Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 21, 2016
Really enjoyed my position in Online customer service. Very flexible office and home position. Job security was not very good however. Department got completely eliminated. Wish that didn't happen because the pay was good.
Pros
Flexible office/home shifts, pay, coworkers
Cons
Job security, Shift bids
Was a great place to work, at one time.
Admissions (Former Employee) –  CorporateOctober 20, 2016
As the industry has become more restricted, so has the business model. While that is to be expected, lack of transparency and trust can cause people to create their own interpretations of the reasons behind business decisions, which ultimately fosters frustration and lack of engagement. I believe EDMC is doing what they can, with what they have. I also believe they truly aim to develop their own and promote from within. People have the opportunity to set themselves apart, should they choose to do so.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, extensive onboarding/ training
Cons
Stressful environment/ lack of work life balance
Do not work here
Academic Operations (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2016
Management is unprofessional at best. No rhyme or reason to any decisions on any level of management. Very unorganized. Constantly moving your desk from one section of the office to another at upper managements whim. Worked there six years move my desk eight times. Employees are not valued as actual living, breathing beings. Expected to reach unattainable goals in an unrealistic amount of time. Always the threat of a layoff. Company has been repeatedly sued for improper business practices. Company debt was bought after being sued for over 95 million dollars. Pay is relatively decent, and the benefits are so-so. Bottom line if you have any self respect, decency or sanity you will not send your resume to this company.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Anything you would hate in a company exists here
Fair pay, horrible job security and poor employee morale
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 8, 2016
Valuable training and volunteer opportunities.
Pros: Secure building, cafeteria
Cons: Concerns of losing job on a daily basis
Leads are often 5-6 years old, constant changes in procedures and policies - often not well thought out or implemented.
Needs to listen to it's top employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2016
Really enjoy helping prospective students reach their educational goals. Love just being honest with them and treating them the way I want to be treated. Love keeping it real with my team and not sugar coating how tough of an industry and job they have. The company needs to listen to it's top employees of how to improve the culture. Too many employees that are doing the right things are leaving because things keep getting taken away and never anything to benefit the employee to enjoy working here.
Pros
PTO & Salary
Cons
Culture, no one listens to realistic solutions
Recovery Department Unique Atmosphere
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 4, 2016
As part of the Management Team it was most important that the direct reporting associates had the tools they needed for their Monthly Goal success. Proper training and expectations. Realistic Goal setting. Support in form of role play, coaching , leadership by example. The Recovery Department celebrated milestones toward successful Goal Reaching. As a Manager it was critical to review and respond to all concerns in a timely fashion.
Ideas were readily heard by Upper Management and Technology Support Teams.
The fast paced environment allowed for creative completion of expected tasks.

It was a pleasure working with the EDMC Recovery Department, the hardest part was this division being closed down without notice.
Pros
The Ability to reward the staff for jobs well done. Praise, Prizes.
Cons
City Parking expenses.
High pressure, telephone sales environment
Admissions and Readmissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2016
It was a very challenging and rewarding position. While I represented the local Art Institute, I took the approach that I was running my own business. I would devise a strategic plan in the morning of each day on who, when and how to reach out to prospective students. Building a pipeline of business was a must in that role as not everyone was in a position to start classes that week. We had class sessions opening every 2-3 weeks. I was able to close students on one call as well as sometimes had to set follow up appointments to further present the school. Often that meant presenting to a student's family and friends (support group).
Laid back Environment
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2016
This is a great place to work but don't plan to stay there for more than 2-3 years. Get in, get the experience and get out. The Pros definitely outweigh the Cons but it is not a place where you develop.
Good working atmosphere
Online Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at Education Management Corporation. The job was great because it allowed me to interact with students trying to plan their future careers. My co-workers were possibly the best part of the job since they were very helpful to each other.
Pros
tuition assistance
Cons
short lunches and no breaks
Great team of people
Senior Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2016
People are the strength o any organization. EDMC as the parent company has been under heavy scrutiny for many years and therefore processes change daily.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Instability of the future of the company, Lawsuits against the company have taken a toll on benefits and opportunity
Creative student focused work environment.
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2016
Education Management Corp. (EDMC) is a for profit higher education provider, who's focus is truly on student success and the student experience. EDMC oversees the operations of: the Art Institutes, Argosy University, Brown Mackie Colleges, South University and Western State Law.
Great place to learn your trade
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 1, 2016
Great place to learn your trade. It has a large environment to learn in. If you want to learn industry standards, this is the place. I would highly recommend this company
Fair compensation
High School Representative, LD (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2016
EDMC was a decent place to work, EDMC had decent benefits. In my position as High School Representative, it afforded good work life balance
Great Job
National Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 11, 2016
Talking to students about their future education interests. A great work atmosphere and great managers. Co-Worker are friendly and easy to converse.
n/a
Refund Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 8, 2016
Job fits well with my schedule and pay is good however, job stability is unstable. No room for advancement in regard to more skill nor pay. Management and training department need work.
Pros
flexible schedule and good pay
Cons
unstable workplace
Serve as the Chief Sales and Marketing Executive for BMC Greenville
Senior Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2016
Ensure compliance with all corporate policies and ethical standards as well as all federal and state requirements

Lead recruitment of new students and oversee sales management for the admissions department

Develop, forecast and maintain new student and re-admissions goals/plans

Managed hiring of all admissions staff, maintain staffing plans, and assist in the training, development, motivation,

Management, and ongoing observation of such staff through monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
Pros
Motivated to change lives one student at a time.
Cons
Didn't like the classes offered and the class times.