EDUCATION MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

High pressure, telephone sales environment
Admissions and Readmissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2016
It was a very challenging and rewarding position. While I represented the local Art Institute, I took the approach that I was running my own business. I would devise a strategic plan in the morning of each day on who, when and how to reach out to prospective students. Building a pipeline of business was a must in that role as not everyone was in a position to start classes that week. We had class sessions opening every 2-3 weeks. I was able to close students on one call as well as sometimes had to set follow up appointments to further present the school. Often that meant presenting to a student's family and friends (support group).
Laid back Environment
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2016
This is a great place to work but don't plan to stay there for more than 2-3 years. Get in, get the experience and get out. The Pros definitely outweigh the Cons but it is not a place where you develop.
Good working atmosphere
Online Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at Education Management Corporation. The job was great because it allowed me to interact with students trying to plan their future careers. My co-workers were possibly the best part of the job since they were very helpful to each other.
Pros
tuition assistance
Cons
short lunches and no breaks
Great team of people
Senior Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2016
People are the strength o any organization. EDMC as the parent company has been under heavy scrutiny for many years and therefore processes change daily.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Instability of the future of the company, Lawsuits against the company have taken a toll on benefits and opportunity
Creative student focused work environment.
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2016
Education Management Corp. (EDMC) is a for profit higher education provider, who's focus is truly on student success and the student experience. EDMC oversees the operations of: the Art Institutes, Argosy University, Brown Mackie Colleges, South University and Western State Law.
Great place to learn your trade
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 1, 2016
Great place to learn your trade. It has a large environment to learn in. If you want to learn industry standards, this is the place. I would highly recommend this company
Fair compensation
High School Representative, LD (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2016
EDMC was a decent place to work, EDMC had decent benefits. In my position as High School Representative, it afforded good work life balance
Great Job
National Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 11, 2016
Talking to students about their future education interests. A great work atmosphere and great managers. Co-Worker are friendly and easy to converse.
n/a
Refund Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 8, 2016
Job fits well with my schedule and pay is good however, job stability is unstable. No room for advancement in regard to more skill nor pay. Management and training department need work.
Pros
flexible schedule and good pay
Cons
unstable workplace
Serve as the Chief Sales and Marketing Executive for BMC Greenville
Senior Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2016
Ensure compliance with all corporate policies and ethical standards as well as all federal and state requirements

Lead recruitment of new students and oversee sales management for the admissions department

Develop, forecast and maintain new student and re-admissions goals/plans

Managed hiring of all admissions staff, maintain staffing plans, and assist in the training, development, motivation,

Management, and ongoing observation of such staff through monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
Pros
Motivated to change lives one student at a time.
Cons
Didn't like the classes offered and the class times.
Provided great experience and skills development.
Network and Systems Administration (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 4, 2016
Daily schedule is busy and flexibility and the ability to solve different problems is a must. My department is filled with great people to work with. Overall staff are appreciative of different department roles.
Pros
Supportive department head
Cons
Maintaining staff is based on enrollment numbers
Work Environment
THe Art Institute of Ohio (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 27, 2016
Co-workers work together well using all resources in success of students. Some issues preventing the success of students were out of the staff's control such as personal issues in student's lives.
Student Focused
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2016
I worked at The Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online Division for almost 8 years. I truly enjoyed the people and learned alot about myself. I made it my personal mission to learn as much as I possibly could so I made sure that I took the best possible care of my students. Since we did have quotas, sometimes the work life balance was not as even as it should of been. Over all I truly enjoyed working there.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
uneven work life balance
Great Employer!
Success Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15222June 23, 2016
EDMC has provided me with a terrific career and many opportunities in my many years working there. I value my positions as Assistant Director of Admissions / Admissions Representative formerly and Success Advisor currently.
Excellent People to work with
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 21, 2016
Great company as far as the people. Upper management tends to keep subordinates in the dark way too much about the well being of the company.
Pros
Colleagues are fantastic
Cons
Upper management keeps employees in the dark
Great atmosphere
rep (Former Employee) –  chandlerJune 19, 2016
Great opportunity in the education sector. has many great people to work for and work life balance is great. Government crackdowns and the demographic we cater to causes a lot of anxiety
Pros
people
Cons
job security
very good environment and awesome team and management
Admissions Asst Direstor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2016
• Accurately and completely explained educational programs, expected outcomes, students services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.
• Managed inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity weekly goals; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
• Secured new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered.
• Scheduled and conduct interviews, pursue qualified candidates for enrollment, and determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon career goal compatibility.
• Accurately forecasted & projected new students on a periodic basis for Campus Admissions Head.
• Consistently conducted follow-up meetings, monthly at minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
• Assisted other personnel and departments with data collection and problem solving.
• Participated in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Benefits
Cons
No Job security
well compensated, tough industry today
multiple jobs (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2016
I worked there for 8 years and believe in what they stand for. There were a lot of good people there that cared about the students. There were always a couple of people that were more interested in themselves than always doing the right thing.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
High Pressure to produce
A decent standard call center
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 26, 2016
Their is a difficulty within this company that causes little advancement as well as oversights. The company is currently going through a large transition and doesn't provide strong job-security. I did learn a great deal from this company to allow me to advance myself as an individual but there is improvement needed. Co-workers as well as management are quite kind, however there can be a lot of miscommunication which causes lower tier employees to not understand their roles. The most enjoyable part of this job is the clientele; hearing that you have done a great job, seeing a student place their trust in your hands and it all working out for the better was always rewarding.
Network Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2016
No complaints, fun culture, good people to work with. Job security is not so good, since this company is definitely going through some rough times. But all in all, the culture is what really stands out.

2.7