The Role: Web Developer
We are looking for a software engineer who wants to work with a top-tier technical team to make a difference in the lives of teachers and students across the United States.
- Be the primary builder of systems and tools to support the ESH mission. You should expect to be, and be excited about, writing code as your primary job activity.
- Contribute to both back-end systems focused on data collection and analysis, as well as front-end interfaces focused on reporting and visualization.
- Help shape software development processes for a growing engineering team.
- Provide technical mentoring and review to contributing developers, including other staff, contractors, and volunteers.
- 5+ years of experience delivering web-based systems with enterprise scale complexity.
- Desire to work on wide variety of implementation issues.
- Ability to build web pages from high and low fidelity prototypes, and to make quick live HTML mockups to test concepts and iterate.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, issues, schedules, technical limitations, and unrealized opportunities to the rest of the team.
- Disposition to thrive in a rapid-growth environment, and ability to help balance the trade-offs inherent in start-up engineering.
- Excitement about infrastructure – much of the work we are doing is behind-the-scenes, and enables other Ed Tech efforts to be successful.
- Photoshop/web design experience – A portfolio of previous web design work a plus.
- Familiarity with network architectures.
- Desire to help shape software development processes for a growing team.
- Passionate about education and the transformative potential of technology
- Comfortable working in a small organization with a dynamic environment
- An independent, self-motivated thought partner and collaborator
- Effective, efficient, and data-driven
Travel: This position is based in San Francisco (no relocation) and will require minimal travel.
Compensation: Highly competitive with top San Francisco start-ups and will vary depending on level of experience. A benefits package is also included.