Educational Testing Service Employee Reviews

Work from Home
Holistic Rater (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 23, 2015
Eventually as I grew from the company I realized I needed to work within a more open organizational communications structure.
It was decent
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJNovember 14, 2015
A temporary job that consists of multiple jobs. Management was alright, and so were the coworkers. Hours were decent and so were the breaks.
Its a good company but not for me
Customer Service Representative- call center (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJNovember 13, 2015
I workedin the call center and I really don't think I am the call center type. additionally while I was there. there were a lot of harassment claims towards managers and supervisors.
Strong organization with a lot of long term employees. Management supports advancement within the organization and encourages growth.
PROCESS OWNER (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJNovember 1, 2015
Great place to work. Benefits and compensation are above average and management is supportive of their staff. Lots of long term staff with extensive knowledge of the business and operations.
Pros
good benefits and compensation
Cons
the culture is stagnant and resistant to change
maintain own schedule
Educational Test Rater (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJOctober 12, 2015
• Provide innovative and meaningful measurement solutions that improve teaching and learning, expand educational opportunities, and inform procedures for quality testing
Pros
working from home - online
Cons
waiting for contact information
working for ETS
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 28, 2015
It was a nice environment. Caring and loving coworkers. The work was particularly easy and fast to learn. The location and the schedule were perfect.
good company, good projects
Agile process
Open Source
Java Spring Hibernate Web Services
ehhh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 21, 2015
The company only hires temp agents and then continuously renewing or not renewing. So you never know to the last minute if your going to make it
Great supportive environment.
(SURE) Fellow (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 18, 2015
ETS is an ever evolving workplace that is dedicated to serving those in pursuit of high education. During my internship at the organization I worked on a marketing project and I was a part of a team developing a new product. Unlike most work places that have a dog eat dog mentality, ETS operates as a community supporting one another. Company is full of people from all over the world and have educational backgrounds in various subjects.
Pros
diverse, challenging, family oriented
Cons
campus is far from other businesses
Fantastic Internship
Assessment Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 4, 2015
The ETS English Language Learning Summer Institute is a great way to get real, valuable experience in test development. The company values your work and fosters a very supportive atmosphere. The most enjoyable part is collaborating with team members and learning from senior assessment developers.
Scoring Standard Tests
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 15, 2015
Was inspiring an satisfying work grading standard test. It was done electronically with precise directions to follow.
Temporary
Performance Testing Chief Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 22, 2015
Long work day due to the nature of the job and the timeline in which this job has to be completed. Overall an easy job. This job helped me build my management skills with management of a small group.
Very Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJuly 21, 2015
Working for Education Testing Service was a great and valuable experienced. I was able to gain self control along with problem solving skills and patience. I loved working with my clients and being able to assist them with any problems they were experiencing.
Pros
Freindly Enviornment, scheduled breaks
Cons
Temp Positions
Flexible schedule
Assessments Tester (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2015
I liked the flexible scheduling. I learned more about the testing that students go through. The people I worked with , through email, were very helpful.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Nice people.
Not flexible for the remote employee
Test Rater (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 17, 2015
Hired to score/evaluate student writing samples. However, because the shifts to work were stringent, I was unable to work.
Pros
Remote opportunity
Cons
Hours to work were strick, Furthermore company preferred those working 8 hour shifts over 4 hour sessions
Very friendly large enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  ewing njJuly 16, 2015
I learned a lot I went in on a 3 month temp assignment and it went well for two years. I learned different tasks and succeed at all of them because of the wonderful knowledgeable staff
Simply the best in Assessment
Professional Standards Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 2, 2015
ETS is a great place to work. Their benefits are probably beyond the industry average. People with advanced specialized degrees will do well here.
benefits
Cons
advancement
Excellent work place
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 23, 2015
Excellent Management.
Very structured.
Pleasant co-workers.
Tailored to employees potential.
Proper encouragement.
Pros
Pleasant Environment
Excellent Temporary Job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 21, 2015
ETS is an exciting place to work. However, they only hire for seasonal positions.
But my duties were pre-processing, scanning, picking and packaging secured materials
Great seasonal work
Exam Rater (Former Employee) –  AnywhereJune 19, 2015
A typical day consists of you logging in (this clocks you in, you can work from anywhere/from home) and scoring responses to standardized exams. Scoring is based on a rubric. It can get pretty complicated, with criteria reaching up to 4 points but the benchmarks are pretty clear and the supervisors are ready to answer any questions if you are not sure.

I guess the hardest part of the job is working fast while staying accurate and dealing with a repetitive task. However, the best part is that you practically set your own schedule so you can do this work as a second job or while in school and still have a life.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
tedious