Edward Don & Company Employee Reviews

Applied for a biller position and accounts payable in Woodridge, IL
Applied accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJuly 13, 2016
I have applied for 2 different position at this company within the last year. I have been doing accounts Payables for over 25 years and for the billing and accounts Payables position I applied they gave the same reason why they didn't want to even give me a chance to meet with them is that they found someone else with more experience. I just need to know how much more experience you need if you been doing accounting over 25 years. So I say they look for people's they know. They "say" they found someone with more experience, but they still running the help wanted ad for account Payables clerk. So, I will not apply for any more position at this company. They don't want to give you a chance to meet with them and discuss all of your qualifications.
Pros
Dont know never made it to door for an interview
Cons
Dont apply if you not related or close friend
Amazing!
HR Assistant & Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAAugust 22, 2016
A typical work day was filled with lots of work and a lot of laughter. Definitely a fun & professional environment to work in. Management was on par with every thing. Co-workers were always willing to help.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
Worst place to work..be prepaired to get raked over the coals while they laugh uncontrolabl
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
Edward don co. For over two decade has fleeced its customers beyond recognition. Has absolutley no respect for its employees. Has implimented a permanent wage freeze since 1993 all the while paying thier top management $6000.00 a week. They constantly run credit andcriminal background checks on all employees without permission. In addition boasted and bragged about thier 70 million dollar a year profits. No room for advancement and employees typically are terminated one week before they can be vested in the 401k program thus losing company match funds. This is not a good place to work nor doing any kind of business. I recomend any other company you wont regret it
Warehouse manger
Warehouse Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 14, 2015
Night manager, schedule 4-10 shift, on a minimum manager will work 50-60 in 4 days no support for nightshift manager, no leads nor supervisor to back up manager. Union environment very hostile. No work life balance. Pay doesn't compensate for long hours worked, day shift fully staffed with two managers three supervisors, dayshift has only 6 warehouse associates and dayshift is fully covered with management to cover one another and only one night manger to manage 15-18 night shift union employees. Something is wrong with this picture. I would strongly reconsider before applying.
Pros
Stable work enviorment
Cons
Overworked no support
good call center, bad compensation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILSeptember 10, 2015
As a call center rep, the overall job isn't terrible. It's B2B, so you don't get the outrageous people calling you names, and it isn't a stressful amount of calls. On a busy day, maybe 90 when it's short staffed. You don't get measured on metrics, just quality.

The pay is well below the industry standard, even if you move up, and to start in customer care, you have to start as a temp, and that time doesn't count toward benefits or PTO accrual.

They are strict on rules and nit-picky about certain things. For example, they have a booklet with pictures just for the dress code. Training covers systems and products, but it does not prepare you for the policies and procedures. You learn that the hard way.
Pros
stable company, job advancement
Cons
pay, beaurocracy
Great Work Environment But
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJune 8, 2015
Customer service (taking calls all day is not for me) They mentioned that there were advancement opportunities in the company which is true but I have been there for 6 months and it doesn't look like it is going to happen any time soon.

It is a great work environment and the people are really friendly and honest.

I just don't see it as being beneficial to me and the furthering of my career.
Hard work but fun
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILNovember 3, 2015
Good job, no real advancement opportunities. The people were nice and easy going. good connection between all the departments.
Pros
nice parties and boss was great
Cons
pay a bit low 24/7 oncall
Great place to work at....
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILNovember 22, 2015
Everything that includes communication. management are always available. the company is very clean and respectful to all employees.
Busy Environment & Sales
National Account Associate (Current Employee) –  WoodridgeApril 29, 2015
In a typical day at work there are always high priority projects that are high demand that are given deadlines within minutes, hours, days or weeks. Working in this organization I have learned to manage my time wisely, being able to work under pressure, work in a busy environment, detail oriented and being a team player.
Overall the best working years of my life
Factory Direct Buyer (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILMarch 12, 2012
Ed Don taught me much about myself and helped me grow in my career. On the purchasing side I got to know many people who would shape me into the man I am today. They gave me a chance when no one else would and stuck with me while I was learning the business. However, from what I had witnessed and heard, the customer service side of the business is a bit unforgiving and harsh.
Pros
room for advancement, a lot of knowledge in those buildings, if you find the right person you can go far
Cons
customer service reps have it rough, struggling with the current economic atmosphere
Very productive place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westampton NJApril 23, 2013
I loved working for Ed Don unfortunately I don't work there anymore. I liked the people I worked with. I learned so much as to start as a warehouse clerk to end up as a warehouse supervisor and sometimes even running the night shift. The best part about working there was just working there the day went by so fast just because of the atmosphere and I enjoyed the work so much. I learned about SAP business software from not knowing nothing about it from basically learning it all. Overall Great Place to work.
customer service
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILOctober 19, 2015
This is not for anyone who wants to grow within a company. The management stuff is not trained nor educated on the process and job duties
Leader in the Food Service Supplies Industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILMay 30, 2013
The company provided its sales force with the tools needed to be successful. Edward Don would consistently introduce, to the marketplace, products that its competitors were still learning about. The company has the technology and expertise to assist multi-million dollar hospitality industry giants as well as healthcare corporations, food service management companies and the like conduct its business effectively. As a sales person, you work independently as if it were your own business. The challenge was in maintaining business by offering value aside from the price of purchasing products. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships built with my customers. They became more than business associates.
Pros
independence
very welcoming...
Order Picker/Selector (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 6, 2014
it was a pretty good Company to work for... made a lot of new friends and got along very well with the other employees and supervisors as well.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
very long nights from 6:30 PM - 7 AM somes till 9 AM
It was ok working there
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma CAJanuary 27, 2012
Fast paist environment. Worked long hours,very hot building during summer
Pros
worked monday threw thursday, friday threw sundays off
Cons
short breaks, poor insurance benefits
good place to work
International and Cruise Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  miramar, FlApril 6, 2015
Co workers are really good, freindly, helpful, we are like family.
the hardest periods are the holidays, we are always in a rush.
Stable place to work
Merchant Manager/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILOctober 29, 2012
Edward Don & company is a family owned company, that is a for runner in the restaurant supply industry. Very enjoyable to work for and the co-workers are great.
Fun Place to Work
Distribution Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJuly 18, 2014
Great company to work for. Family owned and very smart employees to partner with.
Pros
Takes care of managment and associates
Cons
Union Environment
Great work environment and company
Inside Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 15, 2014
Typically 40 hr work week with full benefits. Company supports employees and provides employee recognition
A great company to work for!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 10, 2012
Always promoted top of the line products and had the best support team to assist the sales reps with any and all needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Don & Company. Our community is ready to answer.