Edward Don & Company Employee Reviews

Accounts receivable
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILOctober 3, 2017
Manager will write you up for something that isn't even your job they will try to find things to get rid of you. Fired a bunch of people at once; which was odd when they moved shady
fun to work 4 .
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILSeptember 5, 2017
a typical night working at edware don was working buy my self. we had a time to finish the job but sometime they might ask worker if they could say for overtime.and i did.
Pros
coworker was very nice
Cons
the job was very short
Fast Paced and Constantly Changing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, ILAugust 24, 2017
Typical Day involved working with Vendors to meet the demands of the food service products they required, researched open invoices, sent out samples, ran sales reports, answered emails and returned calls left from voicemails.
Deregulated process
Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJJune 26, 2017
This company lives up to its bad reputation. It seems there is no care for the workers of Edward and Don and the band of union vs temps makes this evident. I've been working for this company for little over two months and have been threatened with being fired over a percentage which has never been fully explained and involved in verbal altercation with employees due to there ridged respect level to workers. The night managers seem to instigate conflict instead of resolving it making for an uncomfortable working experience. Factor in the low quality of gear your forced to deal with to make a seemingly mythical percent you have a complete package of what to expect here. It really is amazing how bad the equipment is from nonfunctional scan guns to faulty pallet jacks getting injured is inevitable to the pace required. Least I forget I have experience working in many warehouses however never have I ever been in a hot warehouse without any industrial fans blowing to relieve some heat stress. But like I mentioned before there is no care for the warehous workers at Edward and Don
Pros
Clean bathrooms
Cons
Equipment, percent, night managers, extreme heat
Accounts Payable Department
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILMay 27, 2017
Fast paced, very busy. Mainframe software SAP. Nice atmosphere,
Clean and mostly friendly environment. Challenging meeting deadlines. Worked well with co-workers.
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
Short breaks - punching in and out for 30 minute lunches and breaks
productive
Customer Service/Order Entry (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILApril 29, 2017
pleasant place to work , share the knowledge with the co-workers, devise culture , manager a micro manger. customers a friendly will to work with you.
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
short breaks
Good work culture
Sales Representative - Work (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2017
This is a good place to work because as long as you are producing and improving your sales numbers, you are left alone. Management and internal staff members help you out when needed.
Amazing!
HR Assistant & Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAAugust 22, 2016
A typical work day was filled with lots of work and a lot of laughter. Definitely a fun & professional environment to work in. Management was on par with every thing. Co-workers were always willing to help.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
Applied for a biller position and accounts payable in Woodridge, IL
Applied accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJuly 13, 2016
I have applied for 2 different position at this company within the last year. I have been doing accounts Payables for over 25 years and for the billing and accounts Payables position I applied they gave the same reason why they didn't want to even give me a chance to meet with them is that they found someone else with more experience. I just need to know how much more experience you need if you been doing accounting over 25 years. So I say they look for people's they know. They "say" they found someone with more experience, but they still running the help wanted ad for account Payables clerk. So, I will not apply for any more position at this company. They don't want to give you a chance to meet with them and discuss all of your qualifications.
Pros
Dont know never made it to door for an interview
Cons
Dont apply if you not related or close friend
Good Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 12, 2016
Family owned business delivering Food Service items. The job is easy and good. A 4 day work week no weekends or holidays. Its like the perfect job. The management is really HR strict. Even the Transportation department. The company allows UNLIMITED OVER TIME. Makes you wonder how a company can allow their drivers to make as much Over Time. The manager at lakeland location only works 4 - 5 hours then goes home and not answer their phones. So if anything happened to a driver while on route. They are on their own. The co workers are long term employees. They do not like new drivers coming into the company.
Pros
Unlimited over time
Cons
Management will write you up for anything
Great place to work at....
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILNovember 22, 2015
Everything that includes communication. management are always available. the company is very clean and respectful to all employees.
Hard work but fun
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILNovember 3, 2015
Good job, no real advancement opportunities. The people were nice and easy going. good connection between all the departments.
Pros
nice parties and boss was great
Cons
pay a bit low 24/7 oncall
customer service
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILOctober 19, 2015
This is not for anyone who wants to grow within a company. The management stuff is not trained nor educated on the process and job duties
Warehouse manger
Warehouse Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 14, 2015
Night manager, schedule 4-10 shift, on a minimum manager will work 50-60 in 4 days no support for nightshift manager, no leads nor supervisor to back up manager. Union environment very hostile. No work life balance. Pay doesn't compensate for long hours worked, day shift fully staffed with two managers three supervisors, dayshift has only 6 warehouse associates and dayshift is fully covered with management to cover one another and only one night manger to manage 15-18 night shift union employees. Something is wrong with this picture. I would strongly reconsider before applying.
Pros
Stable work enviorment
Cons
Overworked no support
good call center, bad compensation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILSeptember 10, 2015
As a call center rep, the overall job isn't terrible. It's B2B, so you don't get the outrageous people calling you names, and it isn't a stressful amount of calls. On a busy day, maybe 90 when it's short staffed. You don't get measured on metrics, just quality.

The pay is well below the industry standard, even if you move up, and to start in customer care, you have to start as a temp, and that time doesn't count toward benefits or PTO accrual.

They are strict on rules and nit-picky about certain things. For example, they have a booklet with pictures just for the dress code. Training covers systems and products, but it does not prepare you for the policies and procedures. You learn that the hard way.
Pros
stable company, job advancement
Cons
pay, beaurocracy
Great Work Environment But
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJune 8, 2015
Customer service (taking calls all day is not for me) They mentioned that there were advancement opportunities in the company which is true but I have been there for 6 months and it doesn't look like it is going to happen any time soon.

It is a great work environment and the people are really friendly and honest.

I just don't see it as being beneficial to me and the furthering of my career.
Busy Environment & Sales
National Account Associate (Current Employee) –  WoodridgeApril 29, 2015
In a typical day at work there are always high priority projects that are high demand that are given deadlines within minutes, hours, days or weeks. Working in this organization I have learned to manage my time wisely, being able to work under pressure, work in a busy environment, detail oriented and being a team player.
good place to work
International and Cruise Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  miramar, FlApril 6, 2015
Co workers are really good, freindly, helpful, we are like family.
the hardest periods are the holidays, we are always in a rush.
Great work environment and company
Inside Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 15, 2014
Typically 40 hr work week with full benefits. Company supports employees and provides employee recognition
Fun Place to Work
Distribution Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJuly 18, 2014
Great company to work for. Family owned and very smart employees to partner with.
Pros
Takes care of managment and associates
Cons
Union Environment