Edward Hospital & Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
If you are a financially secure yuppie, you may fit in.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 27, 2016
Nepotism is first and foremost. If you know someone in HR or a physician your job is secure even if you've repeatedly made grave errors and have no pertaining skills for the position. If you don't have the Naperville lifestyle or attitude you will be shunned. Compensation and benefits are great if you can find a way to fit in.
Pros
compensation/benefits
Cons
Your skills, work ethic, and anything else pertaining successfully completely job doesn't matter if you are not liked.
Taught Me The Most Lessons
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 25, 2015
Edward Hospital & Health Services taught me the most about being a true professional. They were very kind to me over there. I learned how to switch demeanors very fast from break time to business time.
When a grieving family was talking to you, we had to be very controlled. You had to have the right balance of friendliness and objectivity. You could not get too involved in a particular patient's case because it would drain on your consummate professional energy. Sometimes a patient's family would barely speak but you could see the grief on their face so you kind of had to dial down the perkiness and just point them to a room. I stayed there the shortest because I didn't like the very serious and sometimes somber attitude of a hospital. It taught me there is always a time and a place for certain aspects of one's personality.
Pros
Being able to help people
Cons
Being in a majorly sad environment
Work as a team
Out Patient Cardiac Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 5, 2015
Fellow co-works care about the patient and helping each other.
They are awarded for Nursing and advancement in the field for IVS.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
grow within the field