Our financial professionals partner with firm divisions to assist in the execution of strategic objectives through project management, complex financial analysis, and strategic insights.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Develop strong working relationships with leaders across the firm to promote business advocacy and link objectives to financial results
- Serve as a project leader for the Finance Division and/or the Financial Strategies and Analysis department related to business enhancement opportunities ensuring impacts are proactively communicated and coordinated
- Drive financial analysis that links business activities to financial results and to facilitate informed business decisions including the development of business cases to identify solutions and quantify the financial impact of those solutions
- Perform advanced financial analysis, forecasting, and complex financial modeling for division leaders and executive-level management
- Proactively identify efficiency/control improvements, cost reduction opportunities with moderate to broad impact and visibility, propose solutions to relevant parties and drive implementation of solutions with support from leader
- Communicate the financial impact of business decisions to senior leaders
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred. Certification or advanced degree preferred
- 5-10 years relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of accounting or finance.
- Ability to manage complex financial matters or processes in their area of expertise
- Achieves high levels of productivity through establishing objectives, managing priorities, and driving for results
- Accomplishes tasks through collaboration with functional areas; routinely evaluating processes, tasks and work output
- Setting priorities according to criteria such as time urgency, perceived value of outcome, ease of completion, importance, and organizational factors
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external parties including associates, leaders, and business area(s)
- Fosters open communication by creating a candid and open environment
- Displays confidence in one's ability to make decisions and perform difficult job tasks; displays self-assurance in all work relationships; communicates and appropriately defends beliefs and opinions
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Understanding of PeopleSoft and Hyperion is a plus
At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 financial...