Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Worked Co-Op
Cost Basis Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MissourMay 18, 2015
The culture of the company is great and tell really work hard to provide quality service to the clients. I would recommend for employment. I worked the tax season and had a great time learning and growing with the company.
A fun place to work with great co-workers.
Branch Office Administrator - On call (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 18, 2015
The people of the company are easy to get along with.This is a great place to work and a great opportunity to meet new people and a new learning experience.
Not the same place as it used to be.
Mutual Fund Trade Review Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 15, 2015
Lower and middle leadership is poor. They don't treat people the same under similar circumstances. It's amazing the company has performed so well considering their management.
Family like atmosphere
Senior Service Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great Supportive Management
I loved my position at Edward Jones, and acquired a second chosen family with many of the associates. Great company to be affiliated with. I learned exceptional phone etiquette, and how to deal with all types of personalities, which was the most enjoyable part of my job. I also learned about finance, the stock and bond market, and the issues facing families when someone passes away.
Great company and culture. Business building strategy is face to face contacts in neighborhoods knocking on doors. Not as easy as it seems.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Leonardtown, MDMay 1, 2015
Pros: Company provides lots of tools for success
Cons: Making face to face contacts is labor intensive and must be a focus to build trusting clients.
Jones provides compensation through the extensive training process. Support is provided through licensing and registrations with state and federal agencies. Sales training is provided. When the rubber hits the road, you have to be comfortable door knocking which is not easy for all Financial Advisors. This is really a sales job.
Hard work and great rewards
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisMay 1, 2015
Its a great place to work but please be financially prepared if this is a career change. It takes about 3-5 years before you can become financially stable.
This was a great office position
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Lodi, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: A more driven financial advisor
I enjoyed this job.

I learned so much about investing and the stock exchange it was all very interesting. I enjoyed learning about this industry.

It was all in the office, my financial advisor was out in the field meeting new people and I was calling to set annual review appointments for him. Creating the package for when a client was coming in for a review or a first time visit.

Lots of follow up with clients.

I wished my financial advisor would have been more goal driven, we would have been more successful.
Trusted and well established financial service provider
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Joseph MOApril 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits such as paid vacation, sick leave, 401K
Cons: Only one co-worker and on slow days having no interaction with anyone else
Work pace varied at Edward Jones. I enjoyed the busy days much more than the slow days. I learned how to multi task and prioritize projects. I honed my already stellar customer service skills. It was a two person office, therefore I only had one co-worker. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a personality clash I had with my transplanted co-worker. The most enjoyable part of the job was discovering services that highly benefitted the clients and getting them set up for them. Really making a difference in their lives.
Large company and room for advancement.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2015
Pros: Large company, room for advancement
Cons: Noisy department, stressful environment.
Worked with an Applix system computer, entering data to register Letters of Authorization from Power of Attorney forms on the system. Took phone calls from branch offices for registrations of physical stock certificates and entered on systems to get them issued. I worked in a large department that was very noisy and at times it was difficult to concentrate. I enjoyed working with many co-workers and had a great relationship with my immediate supervisor.
For those who are independent
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORApril 24, 2015
There is plenty of support from co-workers and management. The firm provides a wonderful training program. This is for the self-starter and independent type who enjoys the challenge of building your own practice.
Quality Financial services Firm
Senior Network Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2015
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: slow, conservative pace of work in technology
For a financial services company, this is an excellent place to work, with an emphasis on work-life balance and individual responsibility. There is little to no micro-management, and they allow the individual to make a contribution. Highly conservative, perhaps to a fault when it comes to technology, they are consistent in their approach across the firm.
Excellent training and opportunity to begin your careers
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), SeattleApril 17, 2015
Pros: Full-time Office Adminitrator
Cons: commute
Prospect and market to obtain new clients

All types of investments and insurance. How to manage your own business.

Positive environment. Incredible support and encouragement by all leaders and advisors.

Awesome co-workers

Building business with no assets to start with

Training, learning new investments, the people
Two person office
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Avon, NYApril 17, 2015
I enjoy working for Edward Jones. The firm's policy regarding treatment of clients and employees is wonderful.
There are only two employees in the branch - the financial advisor and the branch office administrator.
Great place to work for a self-starter
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), TexasApril 16, 2015
Pros: Excellent management and training
Cons: it is a sales job
Excellent opportunity to run your own business how you see fit without having to incur the start-up costs. Great place to work!
Good Company but lacking benefits
Operations (Current Employee), Tempe ArizonaApril 15, 2015
Pay is lower than other similar jobs around town. Same job I have 22 miles away at another financial firm has a $6500 starting pay difference.

Firm has profit sharing bonuses but still does not bridge the gap of pay. Not really a bonus, just an addition to your base salary.

No maternity leave for my husband who works here as well.

$500 401k match only.

Strict dress code policy!

Firm has a solid culture and people will generally do what is right.
I worked in a wonderful office with a terrific enviroment
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Williston, NDApril 14, 2015
Pros: flexiable hours, good back office support
Cons: being part time no beniftis
Edward Jones taught me how important it is to provide excellent customer service and how in the long run people remember it and how you went the extra mile for them.
Was the fist job I could say I loved to go to every day.
Paying close attention to detail, for you were dealing with financial situations,and buying and selling of mutual funds/stocks
Hardest part of the job was at times certain things had to be bought or sold before the market closed , verify time sensitive
I worked at my first Edward Jones office for 3 years and I enjoyed getting to know all of the clients and them remembering me
I only worked part time at this office
Great place to work!
Helpdesk Support Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible.
Cons: Not Many full time positions anymore.
Edward Jones is a great place to work. They are flexible and family oriented. The people are always courteous and professional. There is a culture that promotes self growth.
Edward Jones
Financial Advisor Corporate Development Program (Former Employee), st louis, moApril 8, 2015
Gather investment leads from door to door solicitation. Prepare financial plans, educate clients based risk tolerance.

Selling investment process, the partnership culture.

Worked with other recent college graduates in the program to achieve the goals of the program.

Gathering assets.
Professional and productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), ST LOUIS, MOApril 7, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: N/A
Professional and productive work ethic. Educational and professional growth is provided, Would work there again. Exceptional management team.
Company Culture
Internship, Cost Basis (Current Employee), Des Peres, MOApril 4, 2015
The company culture at EDJ is very diverse and unique. They really value the advancement of their employees and promoting from within. They also support continuing of education by providing opportunities to go back to school.

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Salaries