Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Productive culture
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJanuary 12, 2017
Although my office had many transitions through out the years, my office continued to run smoothly. I was allowed to manage the office and let the Financial Advisor focus on selling, exactly what they are licensed to do. The online training made me an expert on everything and the resources were limitless to get questions answered. Personal relationships with clients were amazing. What a great time I had helping people!
Pros
Fun opportunity to work independently
Cons
Lots of transitions in my office
Stable, well respected company with good core values and ethics.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 3, 2017
I was given the freedom to make decisions and to not only work for the company, but be a part of the company. I was respected as a partner in the business. There were perks such as bonuses and business trips. I learned a lot about finance while working for them, and was fortunate enough to work for a company with a great company culture.
Pros
Extensive training, profit sharing, 401k, bonuses, great work environment.
It's a Sales Job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILDecember 29, 2016
Door to door to introduce "yourself." Get a name, number, and need with permission to call. Get a few hundred names and do a call session. The script is to expect a "No" with intention to get an appointment and/or referral. Rinse and repeat. Follow the recipe and they will retain you as long as you are getting more names on your list. "You can't help people if you don't have clients" is what I was told. Names and numbers are what they want. If you don't like it don't work here. Its a sales job.
Pros
Paid training and certification
Cons
Its all about the numbers
Interesting and diverse
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 12, 2016
Edward Jones is a great place to work but the compensation for the skills required is very low. The job offers a great deal of diversity in the types of activities involved such as marketing, client accounts, branch cashiering, clerical duties, and client relationships. I enjoyed working for Edward Jones, but the compensation for the type and amount of work was not very high.
Pros
great clients
Cons
low pay
Good Place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 29, 2016
Edward Jones Investments is an overall goof place to work, however depending on the Financial Advisor you work with it can either make the work place comfortable or an extremely hostile environment. I traveled form Columbus Ohio to Florida recently. My FA in Ohio was AMAZING and we worked very well together. When I moved to Florida I worked in an office with 3 FA's who were extremely demanding, rude and bullies. Edward Jones as a company is a great place to work. They are flexible and adapt to change very well. They also have great compensation packages. The only thing which is also the most important thing is to make sure you are compatable with the FA you will be working side by side with every day.
Was not a pleasant place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 12, 2016
The programming staff decides if they like you if they don't you are toast especially if you are over 40 years of age. A great deal of the software used here is installation specific to Edward Jones, developed at Edward Jones and there is steep learning curve. There is no talking or questions allowed.
Pros
The cafeterias have excellent food
Cons
co-workers can be rude and mean spirited
Don't Drink The Kool-Aid
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 15, 2016
I entered the Jones environment full of hope, and was promised a good life if I put in the work. While I will say I did reasonably well, it came at a cost to my home life.

It really depends on which region you are in. One region is able to work as a team, where another they destroy their new FAs. Too many peacocks to keep up with.

If you do decide to work for Jones, believe in about 20% of what they promise. Just know that you will be well trained, so you will able to move on to another firm.
Pros
Training is excellent
Cons
Toxic environment where they eat their young.
Enjoyed assisting and servicing clients with their financial investments.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia Falls, MTJanuary 19, 2017
Edward Jones is a solid company that rewards employees for their hard work and initiative.

The management at Edward Jones is actively involved in helping and assisting their employees to be successful.
Pros
Quarterly bonus.
Cons
2 person office; sometimes difficult to get time off work
Branch Office Administrator
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 11, 2017
Working as a BOA at Edward Jones is a great experience. You get to work closely with the clients and the Financial Advisor and learn a lot from both of these entities. The pay is good and steady, it increases based on the work that you do individually, and the longer that you work there, the more benefits and time off you are given.
Friendly people
Broker (Current Employee) –  AZNovember 2, 2016
Friendly people and with many positions they allow you to work remotely from home. Compensation sucks though. No health benefits until you have worked there 12 months and if you work part time then no benefits and a wage that is beneath what other brokerage firms pay even their temporary non-licensed employees. The other issue is more of an ethical issue. Their fees to customers are the highest in the industry and the services provided do not justify such costs.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
compensation
Great Opportunity for the Best of the Best
Financial Advisor in Training (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, ILOctober 25, 2016
I really wanted this position, but the exam requirements are no joke. I loved the support and encouragement I received but I fell short. Ladies, there are very few of us in this company.
Pros
Paid training, great financial opportunities, great for self starters and motivated people
Cons
Training options didn't allow for an instructor for Series 7 or Series 66. All the self study, online videos was hard to adjust to for someone who hasn't needed to study in over 20 years.
Two person offices that work as a team.
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 21, 2016
Fast pace office with strong emphasis on customer service. Good programs in place that are a little out of date.

You learn lot about all aspects of the investment and life planning management for our clients. Good phone support from the home office.

There are usually only two in the branch, financial advisor and branch office administrator. If you do not get along it is very miserable. Be weary if there is a situation of nepotism.

The most enjoyable part is being very connected to the clients and the community.
Pros
great benefits, profit sharing, health, dental, vision
Cons
a lot of responsibility for the pay scale
Exciting and Stable place to work
Region Leader Sr. Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoy Edward Jones very much. But, there are no advancement opportunities. I have learned my job and do it very well. But, I'd like to do more and the opportunities just don't exist
Pros
You learn a lot about Finance, Budgeting and Retirement Planning
Cons
No real advancement opportunities
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 29, 2017
They provide extensive training and support. Good environment for someone who is a self starter and has a dynamic, quality sales background. You must be able to have a good background on finances and help clients with solutions to their financial situations.
Pros
Dynamic people, bonus incentives
Cons
Life balance is a challenge
No longer work here and I am forced to write a review
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 12, 2017
Everyone is very nice and will drop everything to help you...however, they are the equivalent to Subway in the investment community. Offices everywhere and let's be honest...if you have any sort of significant assets you shouldn't be with Edward Jones. Antiquated asset allocations.
An Amazing Workplace with Great People and Great Leaders!!!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Makawao, HIOctober 14, 2016
A Position that Grants Autonomy, which is what attracted me to the Firm. The Support from Your Peers is incredible! Nobody wants to see You fail. The most amazing Training and Coaching Program that I've ever been apart of, being a previous Coach myself. I appreciated My time with the Company and will continue to be a Client.
Pros
Autonomy. Leadership. Support. Benefits
Cons
It's a tough business to get started in.
Large company with a close family feel.
Intern/Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAOctober 7, 2016
My time at Edward Jones was both challenging and rewarding. Starting as an intern it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I was placed in front of many clients and prospects, and expected to be the confident face of the office by the time I took the position of Branch Office Administrator.

The position challenged my professional experience but ultimately prepared me to succeed in any environment. I am grateful for all I learned and the relationships and friends gained along the way.
Typical Day
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 16, 2016
I arrive about 30 minutes earlier that needed. Run daily reports, prepare to greet clients, answer phone, use email, work on client accounts.
Offices are small usually, which is fine. We have a very busy office, we usually have 3-4 client appointments daily. I prepare for these appointments usually the previous week. Update information, make sure accounts have updated information from statements.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with the Financial Adviser, very demanding, micro-manager, moody. Never know who is going to get the nasty note about something you did not do correctly.
Over all I love the job, love the paperwork, the clients are awesome. I would definitely work in another office of this type.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Pay could be better for what you have to do
Edward Jones deserves their Fortune top places to work for rating
Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 21, 2016
They strongly believe in responsibility based management and if you get your work done and do it will you have a strong future with the firm. They have a great benefits package and decent pay (although maybe slightly lower than market average) and they have never laid people off.
Pros
Commission free mutual fund purchases
ability to open your own branch office and run your business
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2017
They will pay you a salary until you grow your business. Great company trips awarded to those who qualify. Business strategy of door to door prospecting for clients is very difficult and your limited to only seeking clients in your local area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.