Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Completely enjoyable
Business Office Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCJune 25, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable professional environment
Cons: only part time at best
A truly client driven environment by engaging and learning about the people who hold accounts with the Financial Adviser(FA) to better serve their goals. The FA keeps a business atmosphere with a focus on professionalism. My tasks are generally scheduling appointments for the FA, preparing portfolios, gathering cost basis for stocks and other information, maintaining a clean work environment, and handling high dollar client accounts by receiving, depositing, and posting payments along with issuing checks directly to clients or banks. I have learned much about the global market and the intricacies of it too. I truly enjoy every task and portion of this job. The most difficult part of it is that it is only part time when they need me to come in.
You are your own boss
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great compensation package
Cons: Job security
A great company to work for. They care about their employees, but also strike the balance between pushing them to accomplish their goals but also realize that having happy employees who have a life outside of work is just as important.
Not all its made out to be
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 23, 2015
If you want to door knock to build a business this is the place for you. Model is based around door knocking in community to attract business. Hope you wear comfortable shoes.
Great culture and very organized!
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Travel, moral and ethical work environment, great training
Cons: hard to find work as an On-Call
A typical day was going in and answering phone calls, creating appointments, opening and closing accounts, and sitting in on client meetings. Other days I traveled to deliver gifts and valued information for clients and prospects.
Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Tulsa OklahomaJune 21, 2015
Pros: Unlimited earning potential
Cons: Unlimited loss potential
§ Guided customers in setting up a financial portfolio to meet their long-term financial goals.
§ Researched investments to make applicable recommendations to each of my customers.
§ Supervised an administrative assistant. Together we devised a weekly plan to strengthen customer relations thereby increasing business development.
§ Through door to door prospecting, volunteering, and active participation in various organizations I established relationships with new customers and increased financial assets by $6.9 million within one year.
§ Earned the Edward Jones Prospecting award for securing a minimum of ten new accounts per month with invested dollars attached.
friendly atmosphere
Business Office Administrator (Current Employee), Miami, OKJune 14, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: low starting salary
Starting pay was lower than expected, but annual reviews and raises are provided. Some of the technology seems outdated. Co-workers and home office support are very friendly and professional.
Great Organization
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee), SacramentoJune 11, 2015
One place that's left to make an honest living. All staff is able and willing. No one is in it for themselves it's all collaborative.
Solid old school company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJune 10, 2015
Good old fashioned company needs to be more nimble. You can learn much through their training program. Working with existing agents was a big help.
Good place to start
Junior Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Port LavacaJune 3, 2015
Pros: Tons of experience gained
Cons: No room for job advancement
Good place to learn car audio and electrical troubleshooting. Very flexible in hours and family owned. Worked in high school through college and was very happy.
All Promise, No Delivery
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), ColoradoJune 1, 2015
Pros: Compenstation program allows for pay during training
Cons: Do it my way or take the highway
They talk a good talk. Management is fragmented, inconsistent messages and definitely didn't walk the walk. HR is totally biased and have been drinking the coolaide also. They can do no wrong and don't want people who have an original thought. Lots of promises about a family atmosphere, but when the rubber hit the road - you are really just a number. Tons of attrition, and it's no wonder. They don't want your ideas, or your experience. They just want you to do it their way - and if you have experience, they say throw it out the door. Not a place to work if you are a leader - they want yes men. Although they do compensate you through your training, EDJ is pretty cold and hard core. Could not trust anyone and local manager just assume shake your hand one day and say good luck and let someone else let you go the next day. They only care about their bottom line - so make sure you stay on task. Hardest part of the job, going out and knocking on doors. Enjoyable part would be to run your own business in your own office. Totally different structure from most - if you get there that is. Huge attrition means you get booted or black-listed before hand.
Started out as a family environment.
Home Based Associate (Former Employee), I worked from my home.May 30, 2015
Pros: the people that were also associates, not management, were like a family to me.
Cons: healthcare benefits were not as good as they could have been for such a large company.
I loved the people that i worked with, however as the years went by the atmosphere changed and we seen an increase in rapid turnaround of the team managment. Moral was on a decline as well.
Great Company!
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMay 28, 2015
Edward Jones is a great company. While not always easy especially in the beginning it can lead to great rewards if you work hard enough.
Excellent company to work for
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Independence, MOMay 21, 2015
Edward Jones is a well managed company. You will work long hours if you take the financial advisor route. Just be prepared to do lots of door to door sales. If you can stick with it you will do well.
Worked Co-Op
Cost Basis Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MissourMay 18, 2015
The culture of the company is great and tell really work hard to provide quality service to the clients. I would recommend for employment. I worked the tax season and had a great time learning and growing with the company.
A fun place to work with great co-workers.
Branch Office Administrator - On call (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 18, 2015
The people of the company are easy to get along with.This is a great place to work and a great opportunity to meet new people and a new learning experience.
Not the same place as it used to be.
Mutual Fund Trade Review Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 15, 2015
Lower and middle leadership is poor. They don't treat people the same under similar circumstances. It's amazing the company has performed so well considering their management.
Family like atmosphere
Senior Service Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great Supportive Management
I loved my position at Edward Jones, and acquired a second chosen family with many of the associates. Great company to be affiliated with. I learned exceptional phone etiquette, and how to deal with all types of personalities, which was the most enjoyable part of my job. I also learned about finance, the stock and bond market, and the issues facing families when someone passes away.
Great company and culture. Business building strategy is face to face contacts in neighborhoods knocking on doors. Not as easy as it seems.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Leonardtown, MDMay 1, 2015
Pros: Company provides lots of tools for success
Cons: Making face to face contacts is labor intensive and must be a focus to build trusting clients.
Jones provides compensation through the extensive training process. Support is provided through licensing and registrations with state and federal agencies. Sales training is provided. When the rubber hits the road, you have to be comfortable door knocking which is not easy for all Financial Advisors. This is really a sales job.
Hard work and great rewards
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisMay 1, 2015
Its a great place to work but please be financially prepared if this is a career change. It takes about 3-5 years before you can become financially stable.
This was a great office position
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Lodi, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: A more driven financial advisor
I enjoyed this job.

I learned so much about investing and the stock exchange it was all very interesting. I enjoyed learning about this industry.

It was all in the office, my financial advisor was out in the field meeting new people and I was calling to set annual review appointments for him. Creating the package for when a client was coming in for a review or a first time visit.

Lots of follow up with clients.

I wished my financial advisor would have been more goal driven, we would have been more successful.

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Salaries