Edward Jones Employee Reviews in United States

Great culture and work life balance
Talent Acquisition Recruiter, Remote (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 15, 2016
Edward Jones is a great place to work. It is a family environment and the firm is very caring. The culture is important to every employee.
Prospected for new clients everyday.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYMay 15, 2016
Prospected clients through several means including door to door knocking, phone call prospecting, internet and social media prospecting. I learned how to follow up with many clients each day, week, and month. Calendar management was incredible important. I always enjoyed when I worked with a new clients and completed portfolio reviews.
Pros
Freedom to make my own hours
Cons
Salary draw
Good if you can take over assets
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 13, 2016
EJ is going for growth right now. So much so, that it will give more assets to advisors with less experience at other firms than it ever gives to advisors that have been working for them for many years.
Pros
Trips
Cons
Cult like culture
Financial workflow involves many teams
Programmer Analyst Content Management - Contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2016
Teams are very focused, and hard-working. Most issues are from management, trying to deal with requirements dictated by regulatory mandates.
Pros
Professional attitude displayed at all times.
Cons
Teams are somewhat isolated, discussions are careful not to discuss client information to outside teams.
Hands Down The Best Place To Work!
Branch Office Administrator, Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, OH 44432May 2, 2016
I loved working for this company. The training was wonderful and the incentives to learn were unmatchable. They were always rewarding you for things most companies take for granted.
Someone was always available to help with a problem or new development. Great Team of people!
Pros
You want to wake up and go to work everyday. Great Company.
Cons
No Cons as a Branch Office Administrator, but as an Investment Rep the economy plays a big part.
Great support from colleagues
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2016
Edward Jones was a great place to work. Demanding, but rewarding. My colleagues were very supportive. The regional meeting were insightful and fun. All around good company!
Pros
Benefits package, support from colleagues
Cons
Deadlines and strict conservative values
Compensation is not very promising, no room for advancement
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2016
Typical day is just you and the investment professional. It is very important to have a good relationship with your investment professional otherwise you may not like your work day. Advancement is not possible. Pay is very low.
Pros
Learn about investments and get personal advice
Cons
Pay, small office with just 2 people, no advancement
Fun and Fulfilling place to work
Branch Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
Laid back environment. Depending on your FA you can love. best part is interacting with customers. Gives great learning experience. Will help you begin to think of your financial planning.

All in all, i enjoyed working here
Challenging and interesting place to work
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOApril 11, 2016
Solid company with a variety of opportunities present. Great place to work with enjoyable facilities and challenging technical projects
Profesional structured work place
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKApril 6, 2016
Edward Jones is a great company to work for. They are great at making sure you have the opportunity to train and learn about the company, industry, and the position you will be filling. Relationships with clients are very important.
Pros
nation wide company. multiplr offices for relocation oppertunities
I enjoyed meeting new people
On-Call Business Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 6, 2016
The work is On-Call and you are required to fulfill the duties of the regular Administrative Assistant so training is extensive. You must work 100 hours in a calendar year. Most of the offices that called wanted someone to work the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas but rarely any other time making it difficult to obtain the 100 hours. The supervisor would change depending on which office you were scheduled to work in. I really enjoyed meeting a lot of the clients that would come into the offices.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Obtaining the 100 work hours
Great Work Environment
Retirement Services Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2016
Overall my experience with Edward Jones was great. Everyone I worked with was friendly, supportive, and extremely helpful. I would recommend working for Edward Jones to anyone I know.
One of the top companies to work for.
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2016
Consistently rated as one of the top companies to work for in the United States. Also has branches in Canada.
Top producers do well. Others must meet increasingly higher goals each month/quarter/year.
Pros
Sense of family within branches located in your specific region.
Cons
It's all about bringing in new clients constantly.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 22, 2016
Most enjoyable part of working at Edward Jones was meeting new people and making lasting relationships. Pay was competitive and job was rewarding.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
lack of flexibility
Financial Advisor Intern
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2016
Very hard business to start out. Many fail but the rewards of owning your own business can be incredible if you make it. The day as an intern is more of an administrative role but you do learn a lot about the investment world.
Valued Member of a partnership
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rockport, INMarch 9, 2016
Edward Jones is a great company to work for. I've been with them almost 13 years now and our customers are like family to me. I work in a 2-person office setting. Each office has a Financial Advisor (FA) and a Branch Office Administrator (BOA). BOAs do all the paperwork at the direction of the FA. A typical day at work would be to open accounts with the information gathered by the FA, account updating, calling on clients for reviews are a few things I do each day at work. The hardest part of my job is the down time when there is nothing to do because I've already completed all there is to do at this point in time. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending time with the customers.
Pros
bonuses, profit sharing
Cons
very high deductible for healthcare
Excitement & Challenge turned to Discouragement & Disappointment
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 2, 2016
It is very difficult to get through the hiring process for Edward Jones. It took me 6 weeks from the time I first submitted my application, went through the background check, fingerprinting ,etc. I was so excited to receive the offer and even more excited when I saw that the job was a great challenge and allowed interaction with a wide variety of clients. As a BOA, you develop strong connections to clients and EJ encourages that. The BOA is the face of the business and clients will often even choose their branch by how well they like the BOA. I did not view my position at EJ as a job, but as a potential career to work until I retired. Unfortunately, I had a personality clash with the advisor. Due to this, things did not work out. I had read a lot of reviews before taking the position and most for whom the job did not work out, said the same thing as I am saying now but I largely dismissed it because I typically get along with just about anyone. Buyer beware when it comes to which advisor you work with. My advice to anyone who becomes a BOA is to keep consistent documentation of everything you do or say, positive or negative.
Pros
Good benefits, Stable Company, Supportive Colleagues, Wonderful Clients
Cons
It is just you and the advisor in the office and that relationship needs to "click", pay mediocre for what you are doing which is essentially managing an office
Freedom, but competitive.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 25, 2016
Emphasis was on sales, not necessarily doing what is right for the client. This led to a conflicted feeling on my part. There was a good support system from other advisors.
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAFebruary 25, 2016
EDJ is the leading firm to start your training and become a financial advisor. Support is superb. Relentless training program. Has good enough marketing material to start off your office in the right direction.
Financial Service
Sr. Hadoop Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2016
Edward Jones is a financial services, Work culture and timings are very good. Co-workers are very friendly. Team outings are there. SMEs are very knowledgeable persons.