Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Two person offices that work as a team.
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 21, 2016
Fast pace office with strong emphasis on customer service. Good programs in place that are a little out of date.

You learn lot about all aspects of the investment and life planning management for our clients. Good phone support from the home office.

There are usually only two in the branch, financial advisor and branch office administrator. If you do not get along it is very miserable. Be weary if there is a situation of nepotism.

The most enjoyable part is being very connected to the clients and the community.
Pros
great benefits, profit sharing, health, dental, vision
Cons
a lot of responsibility for the pay scale
Good Place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 29, 2016
Edward Jones Investments is an overall goof place to work, however depending on the Financial Advisor you work with it can either make the work place comfortable or an extremely hostile environment. I traveled form Columbus Ohio to Florida recently. My FA in Ohio was AMAZING and we worked very well together. When I moved to Florida I worked in an office with 3 FA's who were extremely demanding, rude and bullies. Edward Jones as a company is a great place to work. They are flexible and adapt to change very well. They also have great compensation packages. The only thing which is also the most important thing is to make sure you are compatable with the FA you will be working side by side with every day.
Stable, well respected company with good core values and ethics.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 3, 2017
I was given the freedom to make decisions and to not only work for the company, but be a part of the company. I was respected as a partner in the business. There were perks such as bonuses and business trips. I learned a lot about finance while working for them, and was fortunate enough to work for a company with a great company culture.
Pros
Extensive training, profit sharing, 401k, bonuses, great work environment.
Great place to work, very flexible with my schdule
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 15, 2016
I loved working for Edward Jones. I had to leave my position to stay home with my children for the summer. A typical day for me would be answering the phones, and working with clients to make sure there needs were set financially. Also I would work on any annuity paperwork, or life insurance that needed to get done and scanned into the system. I would do trades for clients with the permission of my FA or on our osmeu system when they needed to be done, and he was out of the office. I also would set up appointments for my FA to do annual reviews with current clients, and also work on getting referrals for new clients as well.
Pros
401k match and profit sharing
Cons
I did not get the bonouses that I was promised.
Friendly people
Broker (Current Employee) –  AZNovember 2, 2016
Friendly people and with many positions they allow you to work remotely from home. Compensation sucks though. No health benefits until you have worked there 12 months and if you work part time then no benefits and a wage that is beneath what other brokerage firms pay even their temporary non-licensed employees. The other issue is more of an ethical issue. Their fees to customers are the highest in the industry and the services provided do not justify such costs.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
compensation
Interesting and diverse
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 12, 2016
Edward Jones is a great place to work but the compensation for the skills required is very low. The job offers a great deal of diversity in the types of activities involved such as marketing, client accounts, branch cashiering, clerical duties, and client relationships. I enjoyed working for Edward Jones, but the compensation for the type and amount of work was not very high.
Pros
great clients
Cons
low pay
Edward Jones deserves their Fortune top places to work for rating
Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 21, 2016
They strongly believe in responsibility based management and if you get your work done and do it will you have a strong future with the firm. They have a great benefits package and decent pay (although maybe slightly lower than market average) and they have never laid people off.
Pros
Commission free mutual fund purchases
An Amazing Workplace with Great People and Great Leaders!!!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Makawao, HIOctober 14, 2016
A Position that Grants Autonomy, which is what attracted me to the Firm. The Support from Your Peers is incredible! Nobody wants to see You fail. The most amazing Training and Coaching Program that I've ever been apart of, being a previous Coach myself. I appreciated My time with the Company and will continue to be a Client.
Pros
Autonomy. Leadership. Support. Benefits
Cons
It's a tough business to get started in.
Great benefits
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2017
The benefits are great, This position is a great entry to mid-level position, but advancing is a little difficult. You either have to work with a high-producing office, or transition to a home office based position to advance.
Benefits
Cons
Limited advancement
Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNAugust 6, 2016
Great company, with a great management and training.
Follow the recipe and keep going!
Great on boarding with help getting all necessary licenses.
Good up front compensation and benefits. Opportunities to work in many different communities. Regions work together to achieve company wide goals.
This is your job and their really is no boss per say. Your numbers reflect the work and if they fall short of course jones will try to get you on track
Pros
TRAINING AND SUPPORT EXCELLENT
Cons
TAKES TIME TO BUILD BUSINESS
Branch Office Administrator
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 11, 2017
Working as a BOA at Edward Jones is a great experience. You get to work closely with the clients and the Financial Advisor and learn a lot from both of these entities. The pay is good and steady, it increases based on the work that you do individually, and the longer that you work there, the more benefits and time off you are given.
Hard to schedule appointments
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MISeptember 19, 2016
I had a boss who was very hard to work for. Nothing I did was to his satisfaction so it made my day and job harder. It was so bad, that I was starting to have health problems, and found out it was anxiety and the doctor told me that I should leave this job. It has great benefits, but being your own and no back ups it was hard to take time off and vacation.
Pros
No Saturdays
Cons
No long lunch breaks and hard to get time off
Overall a great place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 21, 2016
My experience was a bit different than others in my position in that there was a lot of attrition of Advisors I worked with. Due to this fact my personal growth and upward motion was halted because of the instability of the branches I worked in.
That being said the job as a whole is an enjoyable one and the company takes care of its employees with great benefits and support teams with the corporate office.
Pros
The potential to earn firm/branch bonuses in a profitable branch over every trimester.
Cons
Due to 2 person model of branch offices the position in a slow office can be pretty isolating.
Self Motivation a must
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 19, 2017
As a Branch Office Administrator, you are alone quite a bit so that the Financial Adviser can get customers. Answer phones, file, send out mailers, etc.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
Salary is not very good
Great Company Great People
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2016
Edward Jones is a great company to work for. They have great compensation, great benefits, and a great culture. They care about their employees.
Great business environment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coleman, TXNovember 20, 2016
Edward Jones is a great place to work. Pay and hours are reasonable and the benefits are outstanding. Much room for learnig new things in the financial world
Company that is family oriented and strive to put the client first.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 18, 2016
This job requires dedication and a constant need to do more. You are building your business from the ground up, which can be extremely rewarding as well as exhausting. Not everyone can be a financial advisor but those who can become great.
Pros
Potential of large salary, family environment
Cons
long hours, building business from scratch
Thoughts from Sr. Branch Office Administrator
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 30, 2016
The company is a fairly good company. Your experience really depends on the type of financial adviser you work with. The firm likes to talk about the branches being a team but when it comes down to it they will side with the financial adviser no matter what.

Salary and benefits are decent. The company strives to do the best for their customers. The work is pretty mundane.
Great work environment.
Registered Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2016
This is a great place to work for a jump into the financial industry. The benefits are good, the culture is very inviting, and advancement is available.
Pros
401k, health insurance, Multiple breaks
Cons
Salary, Communication
great company with lots of benefits
BOA (Current Employee) –  Springhill, LAAugust 19, 2016
Edward Jones is a great company to work for and has excellent benefits. They give out performance bonuses and yearly pay increases if you meet the requirements. Everyone is very professional and friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.