Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Client focused work days
Sr. Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Columbia City, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: flexible time off
Cons: No job advancement, position limitations
Relaxed place to work. I spend most of my day running reports and calling clients. I know everyone's name when they walk in the door and help them feel comfortable understanding their financial life. When I'm not dealing with clients directly I am creating spreadsheets and deciding how we can better market our branch to deepen existing relationships as well as develop new relationships. It makes my day when I can directly impact a client's life by offering a new service that makes their life easier or explaining what they already have. I am most frustrated when dealing with job limitations and the resulting wait on others to complete their end.
Short term employment due to conflict with philosophy.
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTJuly 17, 2015
In the short time I was with Edward Jones, I passed all the required securities exams, for a financial advisor's license. (Series 7, Series 66, and Life/Health Insurance). However, they were asking me to contact people, and ask for investment in equities, that I did not agree with.
Exceptional Training and great benefits.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJuly 15, 2015
Provides great benefits with 100% tuition reimbursement. Great marketing incentives and culture for learning and growing.
Great place to work!
Cost Basis Service Rep. - Contract Position (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2015
I really enjoyed my time working as a cost basis representative at Edward Jones. They train you very thoroughly for two weeks before you get on the floor and start taking calls from clients and branch office associates. Everyone is available to help if you need assistance with a particular call. The environment there is very team oriented.
Excellent training and home office support.
On-Call Business Office Administrator (Current Employee), Asheville, NCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Discounted fees for investing as an employee. Great software and continuous training.
Cons: Usually 2 employees per office.
A typical day at work involves continuous multi-tasking of responsibilities. Answering client questions, helping clients with completing documents, fulfilling client account transactions directed by the Financial Advisor, answering emails and telephone, preparing for client appointments, coordinating projects with the Financial Advisor, and contacting the home office for direction to complete a client's request or fulfill a home office request, are some of the most important requirements to be carried out daily.

The other branch offices are a delight to work with and it's easy to make friends with employees at other locations. Because you are working with clients very closely on details of their account, you form a special relationship with them and they become like family.

Working in a small office with only 2-3 employees usually, it is important that you have a good match of personality types between the Financial Advisor and the Business Office Assistant.
Productive, challenging work experience with many learning opportunities
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Customer relations; Great learning experiences; good benefits
Cons: Management style of the FA can be challenging and a deterrent to a productive work environment
Edward Jones is an excellent financial management company with a superior reputation. There are 2 people in the office - the Financial Advisor and the Business Office Administration. The position is set up to work and make decisions as a team. The ability to do that depends on the relationship between Financial Advisor and BOA which is a critical and most challenging part of this job. The management style of the FA is a significant consideration. The skill development is excellent and gives the BOA the necessary skills to perform the job.
simple review
Network Analyst (Current Employee), 93 progress parkwayJuly 1, 2015
I monitor the network on screen. It is proactive.
Pro, I get out on time.
Con, I don't troubleshoot anything. I page a support group to work on the problem.
Seemed to be a good company
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJune 26, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Keeps temporary workers on too long without hiring permanently
Company seemed to be a professional company, but I was never hired on as a permanent employee so I can only go by what occurred to me as a temp. The workers were friendly and seemed big on assisting one another.
Completely enjoyable
Business Office Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCJune 25, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable professional environment
Cons: only part time at best
A truly client driven environment by engaging and learning about the people who hold accounts with the Financial Adviser(FA) to better serve their goals. The FA keeps a business atmosphere with a focus on professionalism. My tasks are generally scheduling appointments for the FA, preparing portfolios, gathering cost basis for stocks and other information, maintaining a clean work environment, and handling high dollar client accounts by receiving, depositing, and posting payments along with issuing checks directly to clients or banks. I have learned much about the global market and the intricacies of it too. I truly enjoy every task and portion of this job. The most difficult part of it is that it is only part time when they need me to come in.
You are your own boss
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great compensation package
Cons: Job security
A great company to work for. They care about their employees, but also strike the balance between pushing them to accomplish their goals but also realize that having happy employees who have a life outside of work is just as important.
Not all its made out to be
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 23, 2015
If you want to door knock to build a business this is the place for you. Model is based around door knocking in community to attract business. Hope you wear comfortable shoes.
Great culture and very organized!
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TXJune 21, 2015
Pros: Travel, moral and ethical work environment, great training
Cons: hard to find work as an On-Call
A typical day was going in and answering phone calls, creating appointments, opening and closing accounts, and sitting in on client meetings. Other days I traveled to deliver gifts and valued information for clients and prospects.
Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Tulsa OklahomaJune 21, 2015
Pros: Unlimited earning potential
Cons: Unlimited loss potential
§ Guided customers in setting up a financial portfolio to meet their long-term financial goals.
§ Researched investments to make applicable recommendations to each of my customers.
§ Supervised an administrative assistant. Together we devised a weekly plan to strengthen customer relations thereby increasing business development.
§ Through door to door prospecting, volunteering, and active participation in various organizations I established relationships with new customers and increased financial assets by $6.9 million within one year.
§ Earned the Edward Jones Prospecting award for securing a minimum of ten new accounts per month with invested dollars attached.
friendly atmosphere
Business Office Administrator (Current Employee), Miami, OKJune 14, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: low starting salary
Starting pay was lower than expected, but annual reviews and raises are provided. Some of the technology seems outdated. Co-workers and home office support are very friendly and professional.
Great Organization
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee), SacramentoJune 11, 2015
One place that's left to make an honest living. All staff is able and willing. No one is in it for themselves it's all collaborative.
Solid old school company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJune 10, 2015
Good old fashioned company needs to be more nimble. You can learn much through their training program. Working with existing agents was a big help.
Good place to start
Junior Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Port LavacaJune 3, 2015
Pros: Tons of experience gained
Cons: No room for job advancement
Good place to learn car audio and electrical troubleshooting. Very flexible in hours and family owned. Worked in high school through college and was very happy.
All Promise, No Delivery
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), ColoradoJune 1, 2015
Pros: Compenstation program allows for pay during training
Cons: Do it my way or take the highway
They talk a good talk. Management is fragmented, inconsistent messages and definitely didn't walk the walk. HR is totally biased and have been drinking the coolaide also. They can do no wrong and don't want people who have an original thought. Lots of promises about a family atmosphere, but when the rubber hit the road - you are really just a number. Tons of attrition, and it's no wonder. They don't want your ideas, or your experience. They just want you to do it their way - and if you have experience, they say throw it out the door. Not a place to work if you are a leader - they want yes men. Although they do compensate you through your training, EDJ is pretty cold and hard core. Could not trust anyone and local manager just assume shake your hand one day and say good luck and let someone else let you go the next day. They only care about their bottom line - so make sure you stay on task. Hardest part of the job, going out and knocking on doors. Enjoyable part would be to run your own business in your own office. Totally different structure from most - if you get there that is. Huge attrition means you get booted or black-listed before hand.
Started out as a family environment.
Home Based Associate (Former Employee), I worked from my home.May 30, 2015
Pros: the people that were also associates, not management, were like a family to me.
Cons: healthcare benefits were not as good as they could have been for such a large company.
I loved the people that i worked with, however as the years went by the atmosphere changed and we seen an increase in rapid turnaround of the team managment. Moral was on a decline as well.
Great Company!
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMay 28, 2015
Edward Jones is a great company. While not always easy especially in the beginning it can lead to great rewards if you work hard enough.

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Salaries