Edward Jones Employee Reviews

unfortuntately very bad experience
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Pompton Lakes, NJFebruary 1, 2016
New young FAs need to learn personal, communicational skills and know how to treat their Branch Office Administrators (especially when it's 2-person operation, per branch), instead of calling the Home Office and making complaints behind BOA's back.
Cons
very low salary for investment company
Financial advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 1, 2016
Great Company with a great culture. Tough industry and knocking on doors isnt for everyone. You are also locked into a no compete.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Tough industry
Very tough but rewarding career.
Investment Representative (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILJanuary 27, 2016
If you are willing and capable of working 70-80 hours/week for 3-5 years, Edward Jones could be a good place to build your career. There is a very strong sense of culture within the company and their training is among the best in the industry.

One area that needs to be addressed significantly is how to compensate those who join the firm mid-career. The expectations are very high and the financial consequences for missing them are severe.
Pros
Freedom to work independently. Unlimited growth potential.
Cons
Relentless rejection from clients, complicated compensation package not conducive to a single-income household.
About the Job
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Eden, NCJanuary 23, 2016
The job allows you independence and flexibility. It gives you the opportunity to learn how to run a business and market yourself in your community to be a leading financial advisor. The hardest part of the job is the instability of hours and compensation.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Instability
Very small offices and not very high starting pay
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2016
It can be very isolating being in an office of one assistant and one financial advisor, but the work load is light depending on how many clients the FA has. If you like being alone a lot and not having a lot to do everyday, this might work for you. They start you out making very little money, but the benefits are pretty good.
Premier financial advising firm with excellent training and support infrastructure.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAJanuary 6, 2016
One of the finest firms I have ever had the opportunity to work both for and with. Their training is practical and relevant. The culture is supportive and genuine. Putting the client first is not just hyperbole but is practiced and expected at all levels.
Pros
Pay is commensurate with results. Excellent training program. Supportive culture.
Cons
Prod. reqs for trnees are strict & do not account for diff levels of exp regardless of effort.
Edward Jones Review
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Excelsior, MNDecember 21, 2015
Assisted the Branch Manager with setting up appointments, entering customer transactions into their computer system. I had no co-workers, answered client calls, maintained brochures.

Did not like working here.
Great company to work for.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCDecember 7, 2015
The company is a wonderful place to work. The benefits are the best.
Family time and work schedule are balanced. The company really cares about their employees.
Benefits
Cons
They can not keep a Financial Advisor in the offices.
Lots of initial training, lots of support fro home office and other branches; very little opportunity for promotion.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJDecember 2, 2015
Great initial training and support system in place for new hires. Company generally allows branches to work independently but is available for help when necessary via home office help desk. Very little opportunity for promotion or advancement unless you are a financial advisor. Can be a great experience if you have a good rapport/chemistry with your financial advisor/team leader; if not, it will make for a difficult work environment.
Pros
Great training, very friendly colleagues
Cons
Pay for branch office admins, health insurance, lack of promotion
Great training program.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmette, ILNovember 18, 2015
Great training program with focus on building your practice and servicing your clients. Great marketing organization.
Great Opportunity and can always find someone to help.
Financial Advisor South Indianapolis (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2015
The structure, opportunity and community of Edward Jones is fantastic. It isn't easy to start your own business but Edward Jones gives you great assistance to do so.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Pay relies on the word of others, difficult to grow.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Accounting Splst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MONovember 11, 2015
Teamwork is outstanding.
Management really cares about input and ideas.
Amazing work environment
Being accountable for your own actions
Pros
Great work Ethics
Cons
N/A
Getting Started - Not easy
financial advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 4, 2015
Training did not prepare for the position once you got to the field. The training for the exams was excellent and I felt well prepared when taking the tests.
Good Small Company Mentality in a Large Corporation
Business Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHOctober 31, 2015
You work in a small office but have the backing training and expertise of the larger corporation. There is a very good backup network.
Very serious, work environment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 27, 2015
It was a job. The hours were not that accommodating to my current schedule with family life. The financial adviser I was assisting was not a great communicator. No real growth opportunities.
not a good enviroment to work in
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 26, 2015
somewhat unethical. if you dont adhear to their exact philosophy they will get rid of you no matter how well you are doing.

i wouldnt recommend anyone to work for them.

i wouldnt recommend anyone become a client of theirs
Job Opportunities for All
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2015
I feel that I am working with professionals that I can learn from and that they will push me to ... and in return it makes me feel good about myself and what I do for others.” ... “I like that I have room to grow within the company
Really good company to work for
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2015
Pretty good company I enjoy this company they are really good people and I enjoy working for them. I have no complaints for them.
I like my job, just no room for advancement
Branch Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, GaOctober 13, 2015
I have learned a lot at Edward Jones, I like my job, there is just not a lot of room for advancement there.
I make deposits and trades in clients accounts, ACH money to and from accounts; schedule appointments, research investments, and prepare paperwork for appointments with the financial advisor.The best part of my job is working with the clients.
Loved working here.
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAOctober 12, 2015
Loved the people at this job. Co-workers and management. It was just not enough hours. (only 20 hours a week). I learned to help clients with their transaction request.
Pros
Team unit. Treated like family
Cons
lnot enough hours weekly