Edward Jones Employee Reviews in United States

Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNAugust 6, 2016
Great company, with a great management and training.
Follow the recipe and keep going!
Great on boarding with help getting all necessary licenses.
Good up front compensation and benefits. Opportunities to work in many different communities. Regions work together to achieve company wide goals.
This is your job and their really is no boss per say. Your numbers reflect the work and if they fall short of course jones will try to get you on track
Pros
TRAINING AND SUPPORT EXCELLENT
Cons
TAKES TIME TO BUILD BUSINESS
Lots of remote positions
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 21, 2016
The nice thing about EDJ is that they allow many people to work from home in a whole host of departments. The negatives are extremely low pay, they even make you pay for your own phone line and internet if you want to work from home. They are truly an old school brokerage firm that is out of touch with internet saavy clients. Training isn't very job specific. Manager reviews are a joke. The Financial Advisors in the field are often fresh pups just out of college that get chewed up and spit out after they have gone out and literally pounded on doors just like Mormon missionaries.
Pros
work from home
Cons
No healthcare until you've worked there a year.
Great place to work, very flexible with my schdule
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 15, 2016
I loved working for Edward Jones. I had to leave my position to stay home with my children for the summer. A typical day for me would be answering the phones, and working with clients to make sure there needs were set financially. Also I would work on any annuity paperwork, or life insurance that needed to get done and scanned into the system. I would do trades for clients with the permission of my FA or on our osmeu system when they needed to be done, and he was out of the office. I also would set up appointments for my FA to do annual reviews with current clients, and also work on getting referrals for new clients as well.
Pros
401k match and profit sharing
Cons
I did not get the bonouses that I was promised.
Great place to begin and expand all skills
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYAugust 12, 2016
I made phone calls every day to clients to check with any needs and then assisted my Financial Advisor in planning our marketing and budget strategies. Largely responsible for all marketing efforts and follow-through. Received "Outstanding" reviews on a consistent basis.
Pros
Excellent support from main office in St. Louis
Cons
A lot of time working independently without a lot of direction.
Great Training, Great Resources, High Stress
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 14, 2016
Typical work day includes two to three in house appointments with clients along with three to four phone portfolio reviews. Spend two to three hours a day prospecting and taking notes of conversations. Manage one employee; my secretary.
Pros
Own boss, great training, financial research resources
Cons
High performance standards, low commission splits, door to door cold calling
Branch office team is part of National Organization
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 21, 2016
The work is not overly complex. Primarily responsible for running the office and making sure the work day/week/month run smoothly. I Have learned a great deal about insurance and stocks. The hardest part of the job is when you are alone in the branch, as your only co-worker is a financial adviser and needs to constantly be drumming up new business.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Bonuses are dependent upon how others perform
Overall a great place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 21, 2016
My experience was a bit different than others in my position in that there was a lot of attrition of Advisors I worked with. Due to this fact my personal growth and upward motion was halted because of the instability of the branches I worked in.
That being said the job as a whole is an enjoyable one and the company takes care of its employees with great benefits and support teams with the corporate office.
Pros
The potential to earn firm/branch bonuses in a profitable branch over every trimester.
Cons
Due to 2 person model of branch offices the position in a slow office can be pretty isolating.
Thoughts from Sr. Branch Office Administrator
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 30, 2016
The company is a fairly good company. Your experience really depends on the type of financial adviser you work with. The firm likes to talk about the branches being a team but when it comes down to it they will side with the financial adviser no matter what.

Salary and benefits are decent. The company strives to do the best for their customers. The work is pretty mundane.
Great learning experience in the financial industry
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2016
You are more or less a business owner. Company pays for training and registrations but it is up to you to do the work. Unless you are bringing a book of business with you or are fortunate enough to inherit one, the work is very challenging due to you have to build from the ground up. If you are up for the challenge it can be a great opportunity for you. You will spend the majority of your day on the phone making contacts and sales calls. At the beginning, you will have to canvass neighborhoods going door to door.
Company that is family oriented and strive to put the client first.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 18, 2016
This job requires dedication and a constant need to do more. You are building your business from the ground up, which can be extremely rewarding as well as exhausting. Not everyone can be a financial advisor but those who can become great.
Pros
Potential of large salary, family environment
Cons
long hours, building business from scratch
Fun place to work
Branch Office Manager and Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 11, 2016
Great company! Great opportunity! I joined during a terrible time and as a result was not able to get the required training I needed from the volunteer Sr. Financial Advisers. Washington Mutual was tanking, Merrill Lynch was bought out for next to nothing as they where tanking, almost all retirement accounts and mutual funds where down by at least 50% or more. So I was given a bunch of apologies and a chance to come back to Tempe AZ, (there main training center and restart the new FA process all over again. I declined the offer because I had already over invested everything I had into the opportunity. But still a great company and great opportunity. Just need to insure you join them at the right time (meaning good market timing).
Pros
Great company! Great opportunity!
Cons
Market crashes can destroy your career before it starts!
Prospected for new clients everyday.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYMay 15, 2016
Prospected clients through several means including door to door knocking, phone call prospecting, internet and social media prospecting. I learned how to follow up with many clients each day, week, and month. Calendar management was incredible important. I always enjoyed when I worked with a new clients and completed portfolio reviews.
Pros
Freedom to make my own hours
Cons
Salary draw
Hands Down The Best Place To Work!
Branch Office Administrator, Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, OH 44432May 2, 2016
I loved working for this company. The training was wonderful and the incentives to learn were unmatchable. They were always rewarding you for things most companies take for granted.
Someone was always available to help with a problem or new development. Great Team of people!
Pros
You want to wake up and go to work everyday. Great Company.
Cons
No Cons as a Branch Office Administrator, but as an Investment Rep the economy plays a big part.
Good work/life balance, partnership culture
Financial Solutions- Investment Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 7, 2016
Overall a good place to work, expectations are not always super clear but the managers are supportive and want you to succeed. Company is a partnership so there is a sense of cooperation that is sometimes missing at other companies. Pay could be better.
Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 14, 2016
Great training program for new FA's starting out. After all the initial training and you receive your "can sell" date you have 17 weeks to meet 3 standards Commissions, Households, and Assets. The support is there to help you attain those standards but its not easy, be ready to dedicate yourself 100% to being a Financial Advisor.
Financial workflow involves many teams
Programmer Analyst Content Management - Contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2016
Teams are very focused, and hard-working. Most issues are from management, trying to deal with requirements dictated by regulatory mandates.
Pros
Professional attitude displayed at all times.
Cons
Teams are somewhat isolated, discussions are careful not to discuss client information to outside teams.
No where even remotely close to the experience I was expecting
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 22, 2016
I expected to work hard. Went to EJ thinking I was going to learn some very important sales & investing coaching, didn't happen. The local team is not in alignment with the chairman's vision of expanding the number of financial advisors.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
I enjoyed meeting new people
On-Call Business Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 6, 2016
The work is On-Call and you are required to fulfill the duties of the regular Administrative Assistant so training is extensive. You must work 100 hours in a calendar year. Most of the offices that called wanted someone to work the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas but rarely any other time making it difficult to obtain the 100 hours. The supervisor would change depending on which office you were scheduled to work in. I really enjoyed meeting a lot of the clients that would come into the offices.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Obtaining the 100 work hours
Compensation is not very promising, no room for advancement
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2016
Typical day is just you and the investment professional. It is very important to have a good relationship with your investment professional otherwise you may not like your work day. Advancement is not possible. Pay is very low.
Pros
Learn about investments and get personal advice
Cons
Pay, small office with just 2 people, no advancement
Lack integrity
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 26, 2016
Financial advisors are on power trips and mistreat the branch managers.
A lot of company drama, clicks, poor team environment.
They hire inexperience advisors and only care about numbers, not the employees.
Pay, benefits are ok
Pros
Paid vacation, benefits offered.
Cons
Home office tends to favor FA needs and disregard BOA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.