Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employer Reviews

Great Company
Sr. Advisory Solutions Operations Specialist II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MoApril 10, 2014
Great place to come on a daily basis. Company is very helpful with supplying learning tools and skills need to perform your job. Great management and co-workers.
Has good opportunities
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: good income potential
Cons: lots of rejections
You can be successful if you work hard. You will have to be very good at taking rejections, making thousands of phone calls and making your quota.
Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDApril 6, 2014
Do your research before you choose financial advisory as your career path. You must be driven, hard-working, and be willing to accept rejection easily. Great work/life balance and company culture. Probably the best in the industry.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2014
Great company to work for. The people are pleasant to work with
The branch was a good place to work 2 person office very low key
Sr. Branch Assistant (Former Employee), Roxboro, NCMarch 30, 2014
Provided excellent customer service, answered phones, took payments, data entry.
Outward image doesn't match reality
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), KentuckyMarch 28, 2014
Pros: you set your hours, great administrative help, marketing materials are fantastic
Cons: recruiting is deceitful, training is not what they say, quotas set in before you learn the job or what you are selling and increase every month, one bad month can cost you your career as you struggle to make it up while quotas continue to rise
I came to Jones because of the lauded training program, and thought it would be a place to be proud to be a part of. Found out too late much of the carefully crafted image is just that: the surveys on Best Place to Work, and Best Training Program are faked and filtered so only favorable reviews are used. The much-repeated adage that anyone will help – more... you is not true, after asking around many regions and finding that most volunteer trainers are only doing it for advancement of their own careers and care little for your success. You will NOT be running your own business as they claim. You are a W2 employee, and what you do is the same as outside sales, with that same freedom and that same attitude from management that the only thing they care about you for is what you bring in. Your P&L is the same as being a department head, not running your own business. You can't even hire/fire your teammate, the office administrator, without their approval. Much of the training is platitudes, and telling you what you should be doing, berating you if you aren't successful, and explaining that those who fail are those who just "didn't do the work" regardless of how many hours they put in, with little help toward HOW to do the work, answering questions, and guiding you. Little to no product training, yet you are responsible for people's life savings, and their attitude is that they only allow generic investments, so "you can't hurt anyone". Not the best feeling for new people learning finance, or even experienced advisors who want to do more for clients than simply "not hurt them". Use outside sources for your best training. If you fail before getting your own office, veterans absorb your clients and assets -- motivation for them to let you sink or swim on your own. Guidance and assets given to you to start are only for chosen few -- those who come from other firms, or who have a seriously wealthy network to draw upon. Many use Jones as a starting point and outgrow it to go to other firms, particularly if you truly want your own branch. Jones has one of the worst turnover rates in an industry known for turnover -- but of its VETERANS, let alone the new people who normally flame out at every firm, which is why recruiting and growth is more important to them than improving training for those they have. New people bring in some assets and clients, then leave and the firm retains the assets and just hires five more new people. This is their business model for growth. The best part is that you are independent to make your own schedule, and meeting with clients is wonderful when you can help them, but be aware that you will be working 70-hour weeks for about four years first, while barely making enough to live on, before that flexible schedule for your kid's soccer game they tell you about really kicks in. You are expected to profess love for the company as a dutiful Stepford advisor at every opportunity. You know you can talk to an advisor truthfully when they look over their shoulders and then quietly whisper to you when around other Jones advisors. As in any company, there are some good people there, and if you find the right people to help you early on, you have a chance, but you have to sift through the mercenaries to find the missionaries. Not a favorable company for women, despite their desire to improve diversity -- it's an old boys' network. Watch what you sign - the contract has cost many $75,000 upon leaving for other firms. – less
A great place to work and continue learning your profession
Sr. Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), 115 W. Lamberth RD Suite BMarch 27, 2014
I had a very active branch office so the minute the door has open there was activity. Our office was kept on schedule daily by utilization of our computer software for kept appointment.
I opened, closed, and maintained all accounts including placing live trades on the NY Stock Exchange as directed by my Financial Advisor. There were daily deposits and – more... mail runs. Answering 3 phone lines in addition to walk in clients.
As team leaders we also mentored new Advisors and I also mentored many new office administrators. It was my responsibility to organize and help plan for the company meetings.
I really enjoyed my job because of the of the elderly clients. It made me feel like I was making a diffenene – less
If you like being alone a lot, this is the job for you
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Bristol, VAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good schedule and nice benefits
Cons: very solitary position
I worked 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday. The Financial Representative was the only other person in the office, so you are alone most of the time. I learned much about investing/investments, but since I was not licensed I could not talk about it, but that was ok with me - didn't want to be responsible for the loss that is inevitable with a volatile market.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2014
The company is wonderful to work for and provides every bit of training needed to successfully obtain series 7 and 66 licenses
Class room and home study program
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2014
Amazing company to work for. Always felt as if part of the team. Worked with regional leaders and general partners daily.
Too much pressure on their advisors
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 23, 2014
80% of adviser are get fired in first 2 years.
Too much pressure on advisor to meet the expectation
Great Place to Work
Study Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOMarch 18, 2014
Amazing culture and training. Co-workers collaborate well and it is an enjoyable place to be employed.
Tough Starting
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), North CarolinaMarch 17, 2014
Tough to sale financial services door to door. Starting with no client is difficult especially when most clients in your footprint already work with a Edward Jones Advisor.
Great learning and professional experience
Branch Office Administrator- On Call (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 16, 2014
Has been a great experience where I have learned the importance of professional appearance, confidentiality, paying attention detail and learning client rapport.
Loved Our Client Apprecation Dinners
Marketing support tasks (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: 2 day training with a great lunch.
Cons: non
*Great Company to work for.
*We always had training modules and support from corporate. _Always look forward to going to work.
Cultural and Client Focused
Compliance Resolution-Complaint Investigations (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: compensation
Working at Edward Jones has been a huge blessing to my professional development. They encourage associate advancement and fostered a professional culturally diverse and exciting environment to work in. I have grown through three divisions of experience (Compliance,Training, Operations) to thoroughly blossom my skills in the industry rules and corporate – more... culture. From starting out in an administrative position to a supervisor and now investigator I have had a challenging and extremely rewarding career. I am seeking a new and challenging adventure outside this industry. – less
Very nice staff to work for
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), 13710 Struthers Road, Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great staff, flexible
Cons: low wages
Provided financial adviser with administrative support tasks, co-workers and manager were wonderful people and I really enjoyed working with them.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Great customers make the day go by quickly.
I learned how to plan my day and to keep organized.
The overall company is great.
One of the hardest parts is that you train yourself.
Good opportunity if you are the right fit
Investment Representative (Former Employee), smalltown, usaFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: sales training
Cons: lack of training related to financial planning
Great place to get your licensing, learn about sales and networking. There wasn't much training from the standpoint of offering financial advice. You built your customer base by going door to door and introducing yourself to people in your community. Very old fashioned and incredibly difficult. If you make it, you will have earned it. Once established – more... it seems to be rewarding financially, and you become very well known in your community. It was my first job in the financial services industry, so I wasn't ready for the grind of trying to build a client base that way, and I wasnt comfortable positioning myself as an expert in a field in which I really had no level of expertise, aside from licensing.
If I could do it again, after the 10 years of experience I now have in the financial services industry, I think I would enjoy it much more. – less
Good company to work for
On Call Business office adm (BOA) (Former Employee), Spokane, WaFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good enviroment
Cons: not enough need for oncall
I have only good things to say about the Edward Jones family of offices, however as a on-call I did not get enough hours which is why I left the organization.

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Photos