Edward Jones

focused on the customer
surveys sucked
Unlimited earning potential
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Haleyville, ALFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent company
Cons: the town i'm located in
Jones is a great company that puts the client first. If you can operate a branch in a town with sophisticated clients you'll do well.
Informative and Educational
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Cypress, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: allowed for me to leave on time to pick son up from daycare
Cons: when the market drops dealing with the emotions
Working with clients and their private investments calls for an intimate relationship. When the market goes down dealing with the emotions is very important to be empathetic. Working with the senior representative was important because I am a direct reflection of him and the corporation.
weekends off - depends on who your boss is
On call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Russellville, ARFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: weekends off, working on a one on one basis, no constant supervision
Cons: health insurance catastrophic, if fa wants you gone....your gone
All in all a great company and they just need to get back to the days when the office administrator was as important as the financial advisor.
Nice Work Environment
Salesforce Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2015
Friendly Work environment, Supportive team member, Place where every idea is heard, a great place to work and learn, and by learning means in both personal and professional level.
Once you start working you be a part of a very happing world.
Edward Jones is a quality firm for their size
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Lawrenceburg, TNFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great training for prospecting, solid support from other advisors in the field, autonomy is given to the advisors
Cons: not much training given on product knowledge or strategies, investment options are also very limited to advisors including within their advisory platform
Overall, Jones is a great place to begin in the securities business. Here one would learn the ropes of relationship building and prospecting along with the basics of investing.
Very poorly run
Scratch Broker (Former Employee), Mandeville, LAFebruary 18, 2015
Worked here for six years and loved it. Then I transferred to another office within the firm and it was down hill from that point on. I uncovered plenty of illegal activity on the part of my predecessor who still worked for the company. I reported the violations as required and was retaliated against and eventually forced to resign.
enjoyable atmosphere to work in
Senior Branh Office Administrator (Former Employee), Hartford, WIFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed the clients very much and due to the fact it was a small office I had a variety of duties which made the days go fast. Due to the ever changing financial regulations extensive and on-going training was was required. I performed everything from cleaning the office, ordering supplies, paid bills, performed trades, opened accounts and processed estates.
Provide World Class Service at a Top Company to Work For
Cash Services Specialist II (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2015
I work in the Cash Service department at Edward Jones. At Edward Jones our financial advisors offer a personal approach to investing and retirement planning to help the client reach long-term financial goals. I help provide world class service to branches regarding their client's banking needs.
Great place if you like door to door
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Baltimore MarylandFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: door-to-door sales
This is a wonderful company to work for, top notch training, great pay/benefits, wonderful support system, a dream job. You have to be able to perform door to door sales though.
A great place to work.
Part Time Branch Office Administrator - BOA (Current Employee), Arroyo Grande, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great environment
Edward Jones provides a great, professional & personable environment.

As a new employee, Edward Jones provides great on line assistance with everything needed to assist the client and make their experience one of professional, but caring one. As an "On-Call" Branch Office Administrator, that service is critical. If there is anything that you don't know, the answer is just a phone call away.
flexible sechdule
Reconciliation Specialist II (Former Employee), St. Louis MissouriJanuary 28, 2015
Luckily i was a part of a good team. There were times when the work load was heavy but it was easily managed because of the great team work and an efficent team lead. There were times when there was difference of point occured but with communication it was resolved.
Well managed and organized, documented workplace.
Heldpesk (Current Employee), RemoteJanuary 28, 2015
In the Helpdesk, we have no typical days at work. That's the fun of it....The training is extensive. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting a customer.
Most won't make it through the program.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Fishers, INJanuary 26, 2015
Good place to work if you can make it through the program. From my experience very few do maybe 10 percent or so go on to having their own branch. Even then it isn't a guarantee that you will make big bucks but you will have a good lifestyle. You are your own boss and have an admin. People that succeed have certain advantages. About half are incredible sales people the other half have ties within the organization or family connections.
Office work with responsibility to handle confidential client information
On-Call Business Office Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: working on my own
Cons: working on days no one else was there
answer phones, record account information changes, open mail, deposit checks

didn't learn much

management frequently out
It is what you make it
Investment Rep (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2015
Great company history. They take care of their clients but you are an independent rep. So the comp and benefits you get are based on sales.
okay
Solutions Service Specialist (Current Employee), stlJanuary 22, 2015
okay,phones phones, most of the positions are on the phone.
excellent
On-Call Branch Office Administration (Current Employee), Lake City, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Enjoy working with the people I work with. Like the flexibility of my schedule.
A great place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), FlorenceJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
The company is one of the best places I have ever worked. They have great job training, I learned many things about the Financial markets that I never knew before.
Small two person branch office
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work is being on the phone with clients, vendors, and headquarters disseminating information between them. I learned how to multi task and manage several schedules while advancing and branding the business.The hardest part of the job was trying to coordinate appointments with a Financial Advisor that is hardly ever there in the office and doesn't keep you updated. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with the clients and connecting with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more