Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employer Reviews

A great job
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Decatur, GANovember 20, 2014
I have loved my time at Edward Jones. Sadly I have moved up the ladder as much as possible and it's time for a new adventure. I would love a company that I believe in and a job that is project based. Event planing is my favorite part of my job.
Edward Jones
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2014
Pros: great community atmosphere, great ce and communication
Cons: the potential for advancement is not strong
A typical day at E.J. begins with a Relevant Report Status which informs all compliance analysts of things to look for and situations which could put the firm at risk. Broker activity is the primary topic of these reports.

My education at E.J. is continuing as they provide good payment for C.E. as well in house tutorials, lectures and procedural updates.

Everything – more... at E.J. is team based which works well as all "team members" are encouraged to share information, successes, failures etc. while the team leaders takes the relevant information and forwards this information to the team leaders and managers of other departments so they are able to continually update and improve the entire system.

The co-workers are the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job. It's difficult to continually have to pick up the slack for those who either don't do their job, are continually sick, or those that flat out don't know what their doing. But at the same time the camaraderie is great. – less
Most enjoyable part of the job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: prospecting door to door
Working with my clients! They are the most important thing to me.
Very beneifical
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Sumter, SCNovember 18, 2014
Very well organized environment. I gained a lot of management experience. My co-workers were very easy going, there was nothing hard about this job, and the most enjoyable part of theis job was interacting with the clients.
Benefits are great and hours are good
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MINovember 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: small offices and poor communication with immediate supervisor
Learned how to manage money and how stock markets work
Made many friends of my clients and enjoyed being able to help them reach their retirement goals.
Difficulty sometimes dealing with people when market prices are going down. Having to reassure that time in the market with prevail and most times when market is down that is a time to buy.
Setting – more... up events and meeting new perspective clients in a variety of events. – less
Productive, TeamPlayer, Fast Paced
Help Desk Support (Current Employee), St. Louis, MissouriNovember 11, 2014
I work part-time from home. My day starts at 7:00 and I am done working by noon. From the time I log onto the phones, I am troubleshooting computer problems from, remote access, printers, telephones, VDI issues, software applications, etc. I work in a very fast past environment and multi-tasking is a requirement in this position. I enjoy problem solving, – more... working with my peers, as well as working for my customers. My employment in IS very challenging and the environment is always changing, which makes my day go by faster. There is never a dull moment working in IS. – less
Labor Intensive Work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Hinesville, GANovember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent management, networking possibilities
Cons: labor extensive work
I worked as a personal assistant for the representative of the office, filling tasks ranging from yard work to office tasks such as filing and managing. I often travelled using my personal vehicle or business vehicles to fulfill certain tasks.
Great Opportunity for the Door Knocker
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 5, 2014
Pros: unlimited earning potential, diversification trips, and investment products.
Cons: trick-or-treating, except they don't expect you and they aren't giving out candy.
Edward Jones is a great place to work for, or so I hear. You need to get to the 5+ year mark with Edward Jones for it to be worth it. Until then a typical day involves some of the hardest work you'll ever do.

If you don't like going door-to-door then I strongly encourage you to look for another firm because that's what the first 5 years of your career – more... will involve. Yes, you heard me correctly, their business model involves you going out into a neighborhood and knocking on peoples doors. You want to get know the people in your community and what better way to accomplish that then showing up on their doorstep.

The training and culture are pretty great and if you are willing to suffer through the door knocking then you'll have a fantastic career with great benefits (co-workers and compensation).

Essentially, it all comes down to this question, can you knock on 10,000 doors? That's not an exaggeration. If you can, then get ready for an amazing career you won't regret. If you can't, run. – less
Retirement Specialist
Retirement Specialist / Flex Service Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: compensation below market in general
• Provide world class customer service to branches via Branch Office Assistants and Financial Advisors with excellent follow up in creating CDs and binders for clients
• Document processing for new/amended qualified plans for our business employer client
• Created large Training Manual binder for Retirement Specialist Team
• Coach and train contractors – more... for our team with heavy year end work volume
• Professional telephone etiquette experience with branches and coworkers
• Excellent followup and productivity. Exceeds Expectations for quality reviews. – less
Great training and support provided
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Campbell, CANovember 4, 2014
Great training for licenses and sales
Be prepared to go door to door to make contacts the first several months or longer
Coworkers are very supportive
Great culture
Nice company, with opportunities to grow.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2014
Large financial services company, with branch offices throughout the country.
Excellent employee and client service, little room for advancement outside of relocating to St Louis
Licensed Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Alachua County FLOctober 19, 2014
Profiled and analyzed investment products and client services to develop customized financial strategies for client’s financial needs. Consistently received an internal audit score of 90 % or higher. Developed and implemented client service programs and marketing strategies. Daily executed security transactions and banking services for clients. Maintained – more... friendly and professional client interactions at all times. Performed general office management tasks. – less
Excellent Organization
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2014
An excellent company. Great starting salary and benefits, especially for veterans.

Great positive workforce and culture.

The hardest part of the job was starting your branch office. It is hard but rewarding work.
Excellent company to work for
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the customers.
Financial
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: nice bonus
Being a Branch Office Administrator. Getting to meet the clients, assisting the clients.
Great company with a positive work environment.
Branch Office Manager (Current Employee), Sebastopol, CAOctober 12, 2014
Excellent company with great benefits. Work one on one with a financial advisor as a team.
productive company
BOA- Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Billings, MTOctober 6, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: in office by my self
This job is only for those that can handle being in an office by them self or with just one other person.
productive
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2014
great place to work, great training and very comfortable atmosphere.
Security Industry is tough all the way around so hard is whats to be expected.
Great culture and fantastic people
Sr. Recruiter, FA Talent Acquisition (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance and ability to work from home
Cons: compensation, management and limited upward mobility
Wonderful atmosphere and all of the individuals I have worked with over my long tenure there have been fantastic. I have learned a lot about the financial services industry as well as obtaining my licenses.
It's a sales job pure and simple
FINANCIAL ADVISOR TRAINEE (Former Employee), Covington, LAOctober 2, 2014
You are a number, and you have sales numbers to meet. Financial Advisors do not talk about how they have or can help clients; They focus on how much money they make and the trips they have won. Of course, this is done on the backs of their clients, by recommending client's 'invest' in offerings with high fees.

It's disappointing what they are doing – more... to people under the guise of 'helping.' – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more