Edward Jones

Edward Jones United States Employee Reviews

I worked in a wonderful office with a terrific enviroment
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Williston, NDApril 14, 2015
Pros: flexiable hours, good back office support
Cons: being part time no beniftis
Edward Jones taught me how important it is to provide excellent customer service and how in the long run people remember it and how you went the extra mile for them.
Was the fist job I could say I loved to go to every day.
Paying close attention to detail, for you were dealing with financial situations,and buying and selling of mutual funds/stocks
Hardest part of the job was at times certain things had to be bought or sold before the market closed , verify time sensitive
I worked at my first Edward Jones office for 3 years and I enjoyed getting to know all of the clients and them remembering me
I only worked part time at this office
Great place to work!
Helpdesk Support Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible.
Cons: Not Many full time positions anymore.
Edward Jones is a great place to work. They are flexible and family oriented. The people are always courteous and professional. There is a culture that promotes self growth.
Edward Jones
Financial Advisor Corporate Development Program (Former Employee), st louis, moApril 8, 2015
Gather investment leads from door to door solicitation. Prepare financial plans, educate clients based risk tolerance.

Selling investment process, the partnership culture.

Worked with other recent college graduates in the program to achieve the goals of the program.

Gathering assets.
Professional and productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), ST LOUIS, MOApril 7, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: N/A
Professional and productive work ethic. Educational and professional growth is provided, Would work there again. Exceptional management team.
Company Culture
Internship, Cost Basis (Current Employee), Des Peres, MOApril 4, 2015
The company culture at EDJ is very diverse and unique. They really value the advancement of their employees and promoting from within. They also support continuing of education by providing opportunities to go back to school.
Nice place to work
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2015
The work was enjoyable. My coworkers were great. The experienced I gained about investments and what it takes to properly secure your future was valuable.
Productive and well balanced company to work for.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Alamogordo, NMMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: None
Hardest part of the jobs is there is so many legal aspects to learn on how and what each person can and can not do.
Have not met any amployee at Edwatd Jones I have not just loved.
This company teaches you so much on Investments
Job is about connections
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Chippewa Falls, WIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Fun working with people.
Cons: Success is based on who you know/luck.
Very difficult to get yourself established. The company starts with two different tracts...you start with an established book, called Goodknight...or...you start from zero. HUGE difference in likelihood of success. Know that going into it. If you have a large and financially strong social structure, odds are vastly improved.
Supportive environment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: small office, work on your own
Great company to work for. Small office environment with opportunity to provide excellent customer service and get to know the clients on a personal basis. Supportive home office.
GOOD COMPANY BUT TERRIBLE FINANCIAL ADVISOR
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Waupaca, WIMarch 20, 2015
THE FINANCIAL ADVISOR IN THE BRANCH WAS VERY DEMEANING AND DEGRADING. tHE WORK WAS GOOD BUT THE FINANCIAL ADVISOR MADE IT TOUGH TO WORK IN THE OFFICE
Co shares in their profits with employees
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2015
Pros: friendly, professional, caring place to work
Cons: none
Jones is an excellent co to work for. They share profits with employees. Work place is very friendly, clean, smoke free & relaxed. I am applying for rehire as on call.

I can't say anything negative about Jones. It is a wonderful company to work for.
Great opportunity
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMarch 9, 2015
The opportunity is there. You just need to do the work to make it happen. It also should be the right time in your life to make it work.
Great training program at St. Louis MO and Tempe AZ
Internship Financial Advisor Edward Jones (Former Employee), Leander, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great training at the hqs
Cons: high wash out rate
Excellent training program to get your series 7 & 66 license, however local trainers are regular financial advisers with very interest in new trainees. Also its seems very political of who gets assets to manage and who gets what location to build their business.
Amazing company, Amazing people
On-call Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Stanford, KYMarch 1, 2015
Pros: hours, pay, culture, people
You won't find any where else that takes care of their employees and makes you feel at home I was clueless on how the company worked when I first started but in a matter of days the BOA and FA had me going great and they were great help. Amazing company and Amazing people.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
focused on the customer
surveys sucked
Unlimited earning potential
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Haleyville, ALFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent company
Cons: the town i'm located in
Jones is a great company that puts the client first. If you can operate a branch in a town with sophisticated clients you'll do well.
Informative and Educational
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Cypress, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: allowed for me to leave on time to pick son up from daycare
Cons: when the market drops dealing with the emotions
Working with clients and their private investments calls for an intimate relationship. When the market goes down dealing with the emotions is very important to be empathetic. Working with the senior representative was important because I am a direct reflection of him and the corporation.
weekends off - depends on who your boss is
On call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Russellville, ARFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: weekends off, working on a one on one basis, no constant supervision
Cons: health insurance catastrophic, if fa wants you gone....your gone
All in all a great company and they just need to get back to the days when the office administrator was as important as the financial advisor.
Nice Work Environment
Salesforce Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2015
Friendly Work environment, Supportive team member, Place where every idea is heard, a great place to work and learn, and by learning means in both personal and professional level.
Once you start working you be a part of a very happing world.
Edward Jones is a quality firm for their size
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Lawrenceburg, TNFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great training for prospecting, solid support from other advisors in the field, autonomy is given to the advisors
Cons: not much training given on product knowledge or strategies, investment options are also very limited to advisors including within their advisory platform
Overall, Jones is a great place to begin in the securities business. Here one would learn the ropes of relationship building and prospecting along with the basics of investing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Salaries