Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
A day in the life of a Financial Advisor...
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MIAugust 20, 2015
Edward Jones is one of the best companies to be trained by for a career in the financial services industry. The opportunity with EJ is incredible. The most difficult part is client acquisition.
Excellent Experience
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Casper, WYAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
I have never worked for a company that provides so much training, incentive programs, and constant assistance when needed on a daily basis. My experience working for Edward Jones will be taken with me on my future career. The ONLY reason, I am not still employed is because of my husband being transferred for his job.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Monticello, ARAugust 7, 2015
Edward Jones Investments is a great place to work and a very good paying job. The company offers a lot of incentives. They provide training for 6 months and have very great coaches that help you through this process.
It just depends on the area
Leadership (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Stable employer
Cons: Too many too list
Your experience will depend on the area. It's a best place to work because of the 12,000 advisors in the field. Corporate - not so much.
Good Company to Work, Good benefits and compensation
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Bedford, MAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great compensation and benefits
Cons: difficult work environment
Good customer service on a daily basis, learned about marketing, buy and sell trades, develop portfolios, and research of stocks and bonds. Hardest part was working being the only person in the office. The most enjoyable was dealing face to face with clients.
Edward Jones Can Be a Great Place to Work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Rayne, LAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Make your own schedule, potential for very high income.
Cons: Stress caused my client emotions and market volatility.
A typical work day includes making 25 quality contacts with clients and prospective clients. I learned a great deal about patience, persistence, publicly-traded securities, and preparing (financially) for the future. Management exists mostly at the home office. You will hear from management when you need to schedule more training or if you need additional coaching to meet performance expectations. The hardest part of the job is learning to handle rejection and developing the patience to deal with and resolve the misinformation that most individuals receive through media in regards to the economy, markets, and investing. The most enjoyable part is obtaining the trust of clients, seeing them succeed financially.
Marketing Production Specialist, Contractor (Former Employee), Des Peres, MOJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for Edward Jones. It was a contract job so I was only there for two months but everyone was very nice even though I was only temporary.
Full Service Brokerage Firm and Private Partnership
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2015
Highest in Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates. Ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine.
Nice Stable Company
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Des Peres, MOJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Offer a variety of benefits, Employee Appreciation Day, Stable, bonuses
Cons: Hard to advance, low raises
Cares about their employees, co-workers are friendly, and you have the opportunity to learn what other areas do by job shadowing or working with them on certain projects. I learned a lot about the stock market will being here.
Client focused work days
Sr. Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Columbia City, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: flexible time off
Cons: No job advancement, position limitations
Relaxed place to work. I spend most of my day running reports and calling clients. I know everyone's name when they walk in the door and help them feel comfortable understanding their financial life. When I'm not dealing with clients directly I am creating spreadsheets and deciding how we can better market our branch to deepen existing relationships as well as develop new relationships. It makes my day when I can directly impact a client's life by offering a new service that makes their life easier or explaining what they already have. I am most frustrated when dealing with job limitations and the resulting wait on others to complete their end.
Short term employment due to conflict with philosophy.
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTJuly 17, 2015
In the short time I was with Edward Jones, I passed all the required securities exams, for a financial advisor's license. (Series 7, Series 66, and Life/Health Insurance). However, they were asking me to contact people, and ask for investment in equities, that I did not agree with.
Exceptional Training and great benefits.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJuly 15, 2015
Provides great benefits with 100% tuition reimbursement. Great marketing incentives and culture for learning and growing.
Great place to work!
Cost Basis Service Rep. - Contract Position (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2015
I really enjoyed my time working as a cost basis representative at Edward Jones. They train you very thoroughly for two weeks before you get on the floor and start taking calls from clients and branch office associates. Everyone is available to help if you need assistance with a particular call. The environment there is very team oriented.
Excellent training and home office support.
On-Call Business Office Administrator (Current Employee), Asheville, NCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Discounted fees for investing as an employee. Great software and continuous training.
Cons: Usually 2 employees per office.
A typical day at work involves continuous multi-tasking of responsibilities. Answering client questions, helping clients with completing documents, fulfilling client account transactions directed by the Financial Advisor, answering emails and telephone, preparing for client appointments, coordinating projects with the Financial Advisor, and contacting the home office for direction to complete a client's request or fulfill a home office request, are some of the most important requirements to be carried out daily.

The other branch offices are a delight to work with and it's easy to make friends with employees at other locations. Because you are working with clients very closely on details of their account, you form a special relationship with them and they become like family.

Working in a small office with only 2-3 employees usually, it is important that you have a good match of personality types between the Financial Advisor and the Business Office Assistant.
Productive, challenging work experience with many learning opportunities
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Customer relations; Great learning experiences; good benefits
Cons: Management style of the FA can be challenging and a deterrent to a productive work environment
Edward Jones is an excellent financial management company with a superior reputation. There are 2 people in the office - the Financial Advisor and the Business Office Administration. The position is set up to work and make decisions as a team. The ability to do that depends on the relationship between Financial Advisor and BOA which is a critical and most challenging part of this job. The management style of the FA is a significant consideration. The skill development is excellent and gives the BOA the necessary skills to perform the job.
simple review
Network Analyst (Current Employee), 93 progress parkwayJuly 1, 2015
I monitor the network on screen. It is proactive.
Pro, I get out on time.
Con, I don't troubleshoot anything. I page a support group to work on the problem.
Seemed to be a good company
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJune 26, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Keeps temporary workers on too long without hiring permanently
Company seemed to be a professional company, but I was never hired on as a permanent employee so I can only go by what occurred to me as a temp. The workers were friendly and seemed big on assisting one another.
Completely enjoyable
Business Office Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCJune 25, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable professional environment
Cons: only part time at best
A truly client driven environment by engaging and learning about the people who hold accounts with the Financial Adviser(FA) to better serve their goals. The FA keeps a business atmosphere with a focus on professionalism. My tasks are generally scheduling appointments for the FA, preparing portfolios, gathering cost basis for stocks and other information, maintaining a clean work environment, and handling high dollar client accounts by receiving, depositing, and posting payments along with issuing checks directly to clients or banks. I have learned much about the global market and the intricacies of it too. I truly enjoy every task and portion of this job. The most difficult part of it is that it is only part time when they need me to come in.
You are your own boss
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great compensation package
Cons: Job security
A great company to work for. They care about their employees, but also strike the balance between pushing them to accomplish their goals but also realize that having happy employees who have a life outside of work is just as important.
Industry