Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Don't Drink The Kool-Aid
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 15, 2016
I entered the Jones environment full of hope, and was promised a good life if I put in the work. While I will say I did reasonably well, it came at a cost to my home life.

It really depends on which region you are in. One region is able to work as a team, where another they destroy their new FAs. Too many peacocks to keep up with.

If you do decide to work for Jones, believe in about 20% of what they promise. Just know that you will be well trained, so you will able to move on to another firm.
Pros
Training is excellent
Cons
Toxic environment where they eat their young.
Friendly people
Broker (Current Employee) –  AZNovember 2, 2016
Friendly people and with many positions they allow you to work remotely from home. Compensation sucks though. No health benefits until you have worked there 12 months and if you work part time then no benefits and a wage that is beneath what other brokerage firms pay even their temporary non-licensed employees. The other issue is more of an ethical issue. Their fees to customers are the highest in the industry and the services provided do not justify such costs.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
compensation
Good Place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 29, 2016
Edward Jones Investments is an overall goof place to work, however depending on the Financial Advisor you work with it can either make the work place comfortable or an extremely hostile environment. I traveled form Columbus Ohio to Florida recently. My FA in Ohio was AMAZING and we worked very well together. When I moved to Florida I worked in an office with 3 FA's who were extremely demanding, rude and bullies. Edward Jones as a company is a great place to work. They are flexible and adapt to change very well. They also have great compensation packages. The only thing which is also the most important thing is to make sure you are compatable with the FA you will be working side by side with every day.
Great Opportunity for the Best of the Best
Financial Advisor in Training (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, ILOctober 25, 2016
I really wanted this position, but the exam requirements are no joke. I loved the support and encouragement I received but I fell short. Ladies, there are very few of us in this company.
Pros
Paid training, great financial opportunities, great for self starters and motivated people
Cons
Training options didn't allow for an instructor for Series 7 or Series 66. All the self study, online videos was hard to adjust to for someone who hasn't needed to study in over 20 years.
Two person offices that work as a team.
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 21, 2016
Fast pace office with strong emphasis on customer service. Good programs in place that are a little out of date.

You learn lot about all aspects of the investment and life planning management for our clients. Good phone support from the home office.

There are usually only two in the branch, financial advisor and branch office administrator. If you do not get along it is very miserable. Be weary if there is a situation of nepotism.

The most enjoyable part is being very connected to the clients and the community.
Pros
great benefits, profit sharing, health, dental, vision
Cons
a lot of responsibility for the pay scale
An Amazing Workplace with Great People and Great Leaders!!!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Makawao, HIOctober 14, 2016
A Position that Grants Autonomy, which is what attracted me to the Firm. The Support from Your Peers is incredible! Nobody wants to see You fail. The most amazing Training and Coaching Program that I've ever been apart of, being a previous Coach myself. I appreciated My time with the Company and will continue to be a Client.
Pros
Autonomy. Leadership. Support. Benefits
Cons
It's a tough business to get started in.
Large company with a close family feel.
Intern/Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAOctober 7, 2016
My time at Edward Jones was both challenging and rewarding. Starting as an intern it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I was placed in front of many clients and prospects, and expected to be the confident face of the office by the time I took the position of Branch Office Administrator.

The position challenged my professional experience but ultimately prepared me to succeed in any environment. I am grateful for all I learned and the relationships and friends gained along the way.
Not a bad place to learn the industry
Branch Auditor and Supervision (Compliance) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2016
The culture was great but for those of us that wanted to advance, especially in the department that we were in there was little chance unless you were willing to stay for 5+ years in your current role. They talked about advancement during the interview, etc. but it didn't play out the way it was discussed. Overall a good company to work for if you are content staying in the same position for extended periods of time.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Not much in the way of advancement
Stuffiest work environment imaginable
Process Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Jones, MDSeptember 21, 2016
Nothing like being miserable and uncomfortable to make you productive to your fullest potential. I was essentially lied to in the interview and job description when applying and being hired just to fill an empty spot on a team that was going through their "Busy Season". It was essentially data entry with insanely stressful quotas.
Once the "busy season" was over the managers of this team unceremoniously fired the contractors without telling them face-to-face.
I was told on Sunday afternoon by my recruiter that I was let go on the previous Friday afternoon. This was a miserable place to work for and the stuffiest corporate environment imaginable.
Typical Day
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 16, 2016
I arrive about 30 minutes earlier that needed. Run daily reports, prepare to greet clients, answer phone, use email, work on client accounts.
Offices are small usually, which is fine. We have a very busy office, we usually have 3-4 client appointments daily. I prepare for these appointments usually the previous week. Update information, make sure accounts have updated information from statements.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with the Financial Adviser, very demanding, micro-manager, moody. Never know who is going to get the nasty note about something you did not do correctly.
Over all I love the job, love the paperwork, the clients are awesome. I would definitely work in another office of this type.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Pay could be better for what you have to do
Office Manager at Edward Jones
Senior branch office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNSeptember 15, 2016
I was the face and voice of Edward Jones as anyone came into or called the office. All duties of an office were performed with the exception of selling stocks, which were handled by the Financial Advisor. I was able to use my computer knowledge and skills in this job. Enjoyed seeing my clients come in and know that they were there to visit and felt important each time.
Pros
Met new people from all ages, conducted and organized seminars, and quarterly meetings with other Edward Jones offices in the surrounding areas
Cons
Supervisor of 10 years retiring
Hard to schedule appointments
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MISeptember 19, 2016
I had a boss who was very hard to work for. Nothing I did was to his satisfaction so it made my day and job harder. It was so bad, that I was starting to have health problems, and found out it was anxiety and the doctor told me that I should leave this job. It has great benefits, but being your own and no back ups it was hard to take time off and vacation.
Pros
No Saturdays
Cons
No long lunch breaks and hard to get time off
Edward Jones deserves their Fortune top places to work for rating
Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 21, 2016
They strongly believe in responsibility based management and if you get your work done and do it will you have a strong future with the firm. They have a great benefits package and decent pay (although maybe slightly lower than market average) and they have never laid people off.
Pros
Commission free mutual fund purchases
Good work environment, helpful co-workers
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCSeptember 23, 2016
From what I can remember, it was a good place to work. My co-workers were helpful and supportive. Politics within the branch was pretty intense. I enjoyed working there and being able to help my clients with their financial needs but the pay was not very good so I left and went to Carolina Home Medical.
Pros
supportive co-workers, opportunity for advancement
Cons
politics
Difficult job but very rewarding
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 29, 2016
Edward Jones has the best training program there is. If you want to get started in the industry, Go to Edward Jones to get your licenses. I felt that once I was out prospecting, there was a saturation of new advisors in my area and we were following each other around knocking on doors (Overland Park, KS). That is not always the case though. The regional leaders were helpful and considerate.
Pros
great training
Cons
no family life at all
Great place to work, very flexible with my schdule
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 15, 2016
I loved working for Edward Jones. I had to leave my position to stay home with my children for the summer. A typical day for me would be answering the phones, and working with clients to make sure there needs were set financially. Also I would work on any annuity paperwork, or life insurance that needed to get done and scanned into the system. I would do trades for clients with the permission of my FA or on our osmeu system when they needed to be done, and he was out of the office. I also would set up appointments for my FA to do annual reviews with current clients, and also work on getting referrals for new clients as well.
Pros
401k match and profit sharing
Cons
I did not get the bonouses that I was promised.
lots of freedom
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, VAOctober 10, 2016
You have a lot of freedom when it comes to work/life balance. You can choose to take off whenever you want. you get to develop your own business plan and hire your own office administrator. The hardest part of the job is beginning and building. The more you are established the easier it gets.
Pros
you make your own schedule
Cons
difficult/hr is horrible
Great place to begin and expand all skills
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYAugust 12, 2016
I made phone calls every day to clients to check with any needs and then assisted my Financial Advisor in planning our marketing and budget strategies. Largely responsible for all marketing efforts and follow-through. Received "Outstanding" reviews on a consistent basis.
Pros
Excellent support from main office in St. Louis
Cons
A lot of time working independently without a lot of direction.
Great Training, Great Resources, High Stress
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 14, 2016
Typical work day includes two to three in house appointments with clients along with three to four phone portfolio reviews. Spend two to three hours a day prospecting and taking notes of conversations. Manage one employee; my secretary.
Pros
Own boss, great training, financial research resources
Cons
High performance standards, low commission splits, door to door cold calling
Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNAugust 6, 2016
Great company, with a great management and training.
Follow the recipe and keep going!
Great on boarding with help getting all necessary licenses.
Good up front compensation and benefits. Opportunities to work in many different communities. Regions work together to achieve company wide goals.
This is your job and their really is no boss per say. Your numbers reflect the work and if they fall short of course jones will try to get you on track
Pros
TRAINING AND SUPPORT EXCELLENT
Cons
TAKES TIME TO BUILD BUSINESS