Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to learn the industry
Branch Auditor and Supervision (Compliance) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2016
The culture was great but for those of us that wanted to advance, especially in the department that we were in there was little chance unless you were willing to stay for 5+ years in your current role. They talked about advancement during the interview, etc. but it didn't play out the way it was discussed. Overall a good company to work for if you are content staying in the same position for extended periods of time.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Not much in the way of advancement
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILSeptember 22, 2016
All round great atmosphere. Most employees are polite and respectful. They enjoy working for Edward Jones and it shows.
Great company and professional environment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 21, 2016
Excellent support from Home Office, excellent opportunity for cross-training. Work closely with the Financial Advisor and clients, as well as other Financial Advisors and Branch Office Administrators from other local offices.
Stuffiest work environment imaginable
Process Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Jones, MDSeptember 21, 2016
Nothing like being miserable and uncomfortable to make you productive to your fullest potential. I was essentially lied to in the interview and job description when applying and being hired just to fill an empty spot on a team that was going through their "Busy Season". It was essentially data entry with insanely stressful quotas.
Once the "busy season" was over the managers of this team unceremoniously fired the contractors without telling them face-to-face.
I was told on Sunday afternoon by my recruiter that I was let go on the previous Friday afternoon. This was a miserable place to work for and the stuffiest corporate environment imaginable.
Hard to schedule appointments
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MISeptember 19, 2016
I had a boss who was very hard to work for. Nothing I did was to his satisfaction so it made my day and job harder. It was so bad, that I was starting to have health problems, and found out it was anxiety and the doctor told me that I should leave this job. It has great benefits, but being your own and no back ups it was hard to take time off and vacation.
Pros
No Saturdays
Cons
No long lunch breaks and hard to get time off
The best place I ever had a job. Edward Jones is a company that cares for the employees and the clients
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2016
Every day I had the opportunity to have a positive impact on multiple generations of one family.
I learned that people often have emotional ties with their assets and do no want to make changes.
Management is best done by example. When I do what is expected of me, coworkers are more apt to do what is expected of them. They will often do even more than what is expected.
My team member in the office was contnually doing more than I expected and went above and beyond to try to get me to succeed.
The hardest part of the job was getting prospects to see the need to create a financial plan. With clients, it was hard for some to put their money to work.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to tell clients that they would be able to retire when they wanted, they would not have to reduce their lifestyle, they would not outlive their assets, and they would be able to leave a financial legacy with their family.
Pros
Training and support- best in my entire work experience
Cons
Dealing with the stress that comes with making quotas was the hardest part
Office Manager at Edward Jones
Senior branch office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNSeptember 15, 2016
I was the face and voice of Edward Jones as anyone came into or called the office. All duties of an office were performed with the exception of selling stocks, which were handled by the Financial Advisor. I was able to use my computer knowledge and skills in this job. Enjoyed seeing my clients come in and know that they were there to visit and felt important each time.
Pros
Met new people from all ages, conducted and organized seminars, and quarterly meetings with other Edward Jones offices in the surrounding areas
Cons
Supervisor of 10 years retiring
Difficult job but very rewarding
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 29, 2016
Edward Jones has the best training program there is. If you want to get started in the industry, Go to Edward Jones to get your licenses. I felt that once I was out prospecting, there was a saturation of new advisors in my area and we were following each other around knocking on doors (Overland Park, KS). That is not always the case though. The regional leaders were helpful and considerate.
Pros
great training
Cons
no family life at all
Rotational Development Program (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 24, 2016
Fun work environment, not very serious. A lot of post college kids just looking to make a paycheck. Doesn't take career growth very seriously.
Excellent
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 23, 2016
Just moving back to Kansas, only reason I plan to change jobs. It's a great company to work for. Everyone is willing to help you with any need that may arise.
Pros
Awesome company
Cons
No conplaints
great company with lots of benefits
BOA (Current Employee) –  Springhill, LAAugust 19, 2016
Edward Jones is a great company to work for and has excellent benefits. They give out performance bonuses and yearly pay increases if you meet the requirements. Everyone is very professional and friendly.
Great place to work, very flexible with my schdule
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 15, 2016
I loved working for Edward Jones. I had to leave my position to stay home with my children for the summer. A typical day for me would be answering the phones, and working with clients to make sure there needs were set financially. Also I would work on any annuity paperwork, or life insurance that needed to get done and scanned into the system. I would do trades for clients with the permission of my FA or on our osmeu system when they needed to be done, and he was out of the office. I also would set up appointments for my FA to do annual reviews with current clients, and also work on getting referrals for new clients as well.
Pros
401k match and profit sharing
Cons
I did not get the bonouses that I was promised.
Great Training, Great Resources, High Stress
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 14, 2016
Typical work day includes two to three in house appointments with clients along with three to four phone portfolio reviews. Spend two to three hours a day prospecting and taking notes of conversations. Manage one employee; my secretary.
Pros
Own boss, great training, financial research resources
Cons
High performance standards, low commission splits, door to door cold calling
Great place to begin and expand all skills
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYAugust 12, 2016
I made phone calls every day to clients to check with any needs and then assisted my Financial Advisor in planning our marketing and budget strategies. Largely responsible for all marketing efforts and follow-through. Received "Outstanding" reviews on a consistent basis.
Pros
Excellent support from main office in St. Louis
Cons
A lot of time working independently without a lot of direction.
Good work/life balance, partnership culture
Financial Solutions- Investment Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 7, 2016
Overall a good place to work, expectations are not always super clear but the managers are supportive and want you to succeed. Company is a partnership so there is a sense of cooperation that is sometimes missing at other companies. Pay could be better.
Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNAugust 6, 2016
Great company, with a great management and training.
Follow the recipe and keep going!
Great on boarding with help getting all necessary licenses.
Good up front compensation and benefits. Opportunities to work in many different communities. Regions work together to achieve company wide goals.
This is your job and their really is no boss per say. Your numbers reflect the work and if they fall short of course jones will try to get you on track
Pros
TRAINING AND SUPPORT EXCELLENT
Cons
TAKES TIME TO BUILD BUSINESS
Edward Jones
Office Assistant / Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MD 20716July 29, 2016
Hello while working for Edward Jones I was able to learn and adapt and also, interact with clients on a day to day basis about investments and I dealt with a lot of hard retired people that have invested in the company.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No Overtime
Run away
FA (Former Employee) –  USJuly 26, 2016
RUN AWAY, don't just walk....Especially if you are profitable. Do it on your own...they own you & your book (so they think) and will or can fire you without cause. THEY ARE NOT WHO THEY PRETEND TO BE!!!!!!
Nice place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 23, 2016
Very nice place to work. There are a lot of pros working here. The ppl are helpful and the pay is very merit based. Wish there was more diversity though - especially here in Florida. All is all a nice and fair place to work
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Series 7
No where even remotely close to the experience I was expecting
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 22, 2016
I expected to work hard. Went to EJ thinking I was going to learn some very important sales & investing coaching, didn't happen. The local team is not in alignment with the chairman's vision of expanding the number of financial advisors.
Pros
non
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.