Edward Jones Employee Reviews in United States

Edward Jones
Office Assistant / Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MD 20716July 29, 2016
Hello while working for Edward Jones I was able to learn and adapt and also, interact with clients on a day to day basis about investments and I dealt with a lot of hard retired people that have invested in the company.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No Overtime
Run away
FA (Former Employee) –  USJuly 26, 2016
RUN AWAY, don't just walk....Especially if you are profitable. Do it on your own...they own you & your book (so they think) and will or can fire you without cause. THEY ARE NOT WHO THEY PRETEND TO BE!!!!!!
Nice place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 23, 2016
Very nice place to work. There are a lot of pros working here. The ppl are helpful and the pay is very merit based. Wish there was more diversity though - especially here in Florida. All is all a nice and fair place to work
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Series 7
No where even remotely close to the experience I was expecting
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 22, 2016
I expected to work hard. Went to EJ thinking I was going to learn some very important sales & investing coaching, didn't happen. The local team is not in alignment with the chairman's vision of expanding the number of financial advisors.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Lots of remote positions
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 21, 2016
The nice thing about EDJ is that they allow many people to work from home in a whole host of departments. The negatives are extremely low pay, they even make you pay for your own phone line and internet if you want to work from home. They are truly an old school brokerage firm that is out of touch with internet saavy clients. Training isn't very job specific. Manager reviews are a joke. The Financial Advisors in the field are often fresh pups just out of college that get chewed up and spit out after they have gone out and literally pounded on doors just like Mormon missionaries.
Pros
work from home
Cons
No healthcare until you've worked there a year.
Great job
Cost Basis Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 20, 2016
They have the best trainers and I appreciate the conservative environment. Great place to work in st. Louis
Good
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 18, 2016
Excellent company to work for if you're cut out for door to door selling. Poor training for the uneducated investor representative.
Great start in investments and sales
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKJuly 15, 2016
Manage many accounts, give individual solutions to investors and to people preparing for retirement or college planning. Have to prospect many hours of the week and get used to the word no. Enjoy meeting new people
Good interaction between clients and perspective clients.
Business Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Williamston, MIJuly 13, 2016
Business practice is to contact clients on a regular basis to review accounts. It is beneficial to be able to carry on good conversations with people to get to know them better and know what their needs are.
Fun place to work
Branch Office Manager and Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 11, 2016
Great company! Great opportunity! I joined during a terrible time and as a result was not able to get the required training I needed from the volunteer Sr. Financial Advisers. Washington Mutual was tanking, Merrill Lynch was bought out for next to nothing as they where tanking, almost all retirement accounts and mutual funds where down by at least 50% or more. So I was given a bunch of apologies and a chance to come back to Tempe AZ, (there main training center and restart the new FA process all over again. I declined the offer because I had already over invested everything I had into the opportunity. But still a great company and great opportunity. Just need to insure you join them at the right time (meaning good market timing).
Pros
Great company! Great opportunity!
Cons
Market crashes can destroy your career before it starts!
Branch Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 9, 2016
A great place to work, friendly co-workers, and so much to learn. Clients are easy to work with. When there are questions, there is someone to answer them.
Great work environment.
Registered Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2016
This is a great place to work for a jump into the financial industry. The benefits are good, the culture is very inviting, and advancement is available.
Pros
401k, health insurance, Multiple breaks
Cons
Salary, Communication
Thoughts from Sr. Branch Office Administrator
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 30, 2016
The company is a fairly good company. Your experience really depends on the type of financial adviser you work with. The firm likes to talk about the branches being a team but when it comes down to it they will side with the financial adviser no matter what.

Salary and benefits are decent. The company strives to do the best for their customers. The work is pretty mundane.
Branch office team is part of National Organization
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 21, 2016
The work is not overly complex. Primarily responsible for running the office and making sure the work day/week/month run smoothly. I Have learned a great deal about insurance and stocks. The hardest part of the job is when you are alone in the branch, as your only co-worker is a financial adviser and needs to constantly be drumming up new business.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Bonuses are dependent upon how others perform
Overall a great place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 21, 2016
My experience was a bit different than others in my position in that there was a lot of attrition of Advisors I worked with. Due to this fact my personal growth and upward motion was halted because of the instability of the branches I worked in.
That being said the job as a whole is an enjoyable one and the company takes care of its employees with great benefits and support teams with the corporate office.
Pros
The potential to earn firm/branch bonuses in a profitable branch over every trimester.
Cons
Due to 2 person model of branch offices the position in a slow office can be pretty isolating.
Company that is family oriented and strive to put the client first.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 18, 2016
This job requires dedication and a constant need to do more. You are building your business from the ground up, which can be extremely rewarding as well as exhausting. Not everyone can be a financial advisor but those who can become great.
Pros
Potential of large salary, family environment
Cons
long hours, building business from scratch
Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2016
I enjoy working for Edward Jones. I am most impressed with the work ethic and team atmosphere.

I am relocating from St Louis to Chicago to be closer to my aging and ailing parents.
Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 14, 2016
Great training program for new FA's starting out. After all the initial training and you receive your "can sell" date you have 17 weeks to meet 3 standards Commissions, Households, and Assets. The support is there to help you attain those standards but its not easy, be ready to dedicate yourself 100% to being a Financial Advisor.
Challenging and rewarding
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IA 50131June 10, 2016
Edward Jones is a very challenging and rewarding career. It takes the right kind of person to succeed because you truly are your own business owner. There are so many incentives to working for Edward Jones that makes the time you put in well worth it.
Great Firm
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 2, 2016
Great firm with excellent systems and leadership. People genuinely care about your well-being and your success. Incredible growth potential.