Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Management takes credit for work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2017
Management takes credit for work, values appearances and personal relationships instead of contribution. Key to success - become friends with partner
Pros
nice cafeteria
Cons
terrible pay, no recognition for contribution
Good place to work, but I miss being in the medical field.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glandorf, OHJuly 23, 2017
I left the family practice office I was at for almost ten years to take on a completely new role. I was very unsure of the stability of the family practice, kept hearing that the doctor would be retiring and not sure the direction the office would go. So when a new opportunity approached, I thought I had to try it. I was originally a business major in college, but soon realized that was not for me. I truly enjoy the medical field. There is never a dull moment, always something to be doing and always something to be learning.
Pros
Decent paying position for what my job requirements are.
Cons
Too quiet and boring
Client's needs are primary objective
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJuly 22, 2017
Overall benefit to working at Edward Jones is benefits and contributions employee give to the benefit of clients. Community of employees is one of the best have been part of ever.
Benefits
Great Place to Intern
Financial Advisor's Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 22, 2017
At Edward Jones, I was constantly impressed with how well they they treated their employees. As a full-time student, they were very flexible with my schedule. I learned a lot and grew as a businessman at Edward Jones.
just ok
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2017
just okay...normal hours. very slow paced. networking is key. very limited space for improvement. some managers are nice, others are okay. standard work place
Tough business to get started in
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 20, 2017
Edward Jones itself is a welcoming environment but it can be a tough business to get started in. Your first couple of years you are given a salary which declines over time. You are expected during that time to build your client base by door knocking and networking. They give you plenty of mentors but you had better have a personality that likes this type of business building.
build your own business
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
Time was split between prospecting, marketing, and sales calls on most days. I learned so much from the job. You manage your own business so there is constantly work to do and things to learn. Everyone says the culture is great and everyone is willing to help but that is a stretch. Everyone is busy with their own work and doesn't like to spend very much time with new FAs. The hardest part of the job is not knowing where the business will go.
Pros
unlimitied upside potential
Cons
work around the clock
Excellent company to work for!
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Eagle, COJuly 18, 2017
Overall a great place to work! I learned everything I needed on the job and got help from the back office. My Financial Advisor was a motivated go getter and we made a great team!
productive environment
Sr. Business/QA/Programmer/Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2017
cash operations specialist
participated a BA on cash projects with It
Trained new associates
Management participates in status updates of cash distributions
fast paced due to cash disbursements
holding on information from another area to approve cash disbursement
business excited about application changes that are implemented
Pros
Worked with business and IT
Cons
different positions were considered lateral moves
Great Benefits
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJuly 13, 2017
Edward Jones has a great benefits structure and is a privately held company. The Minneapolis region is full of very nice individuals. The door to door sales was night the right fit for me.
Excellent company just a Hard Employer to stick with if you start with a family
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 12, 2017
Excellent organization with world class training. Wouldn't have left them but with a family the compensation plan just didn't work for me. After four years I got a better offer, but I hated to leave.
good place to work
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Oglesby, ILJuly 12, 2017
As a representative of Edward Jones, you have to be able to meet lots of people and get them to invest their money with you. You need to be outgoing, belong to many clubs and cosntatnlty look for new clients to grow your business
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
takes time to build your business
Career-growth
Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2017
Great job to make into a career if you decide to stay. Many opportunities to cross-train and advance. Depending on the department you land in, work-life balance is great.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2017
Very nice place to work, learned about how mortgages worked and many other items. Management was very nice, learned a lot.
Really enjoyed job, talking with branch assistants, answering questions about mortgages or Edward Jones credit card. Good place!
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Williamston, MIJuly 10, 2017
Family friendly company with great employees. Everyone is willing to help everyone and there is a great support system to make sure you are able to get your job done efficiently!
Fast paced and challenging but get to work with wonderful clients
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILJuly 8, 2017
Most branches consist of one FA and one BOA. This could be a challenge if there is a clash in personalities. No "call center" means you are given the opportunity to develop strong relationships with clients and become more like friends. I am fortunate to have worked with an amazing FA and with a wonderful company.
Pros
Amazing company to work for
Cons
Each office independently run so they are only as good as the people in the branch.
Team Atmosphere
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Middlesex, NJJuly 7, 2017
As a BOA you work directly with the financial advisor as a team to reach branch goals . As a team you own your day and the progress and impact you make in your community.
Independent financial advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 3, 2017
solid company but needs a technology update, hardest part of the job is prospecting which is still done door to door, not much emphasis on learning investment products
Productive workplace
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2017
This is a wonderful company to work for. The hours are great and they offer a enjoyable working environment. The employees are friendly and the company is flexible.
Amazing place to work
Tech Specialist II Contractor (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 28, 2017
Edward Jones contains the culture where you want to wake up in the morning and go to work. Everyone is very helpful and friendly, and clearly loves to work.
Pros
Lots of Business casual days, free lunches, tons of raffles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval