Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Enjoyed getting to know clients
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 24, 2017
Extensive background check is required. there are quiet days and busy days. Office atmosphere depends on the Financial Manager.
Actual duties are no difficult.
Great Company
On call Branch Office Administrator (BOA) (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 20, 2017
Great company with amazing benefits. Great working environment with flexible hours for myself which is great since I am a busy person. Can't say enough about this company.
Great opportunity
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 19, 2017
Great program that helps you grow and succeed. build a book of business etc.... Trains you and prepares you for the job and very competitive with the training they use to prepare you.
Okay place to work if you don't mind only speaking to one or two other people all day
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 18, 2017
The office that I was in was a two person office. At that time, I only spoke with that particular FA which was definitely not mentally engaging, nor was it remotely busy at that time. Your experience will be based on the office and the FA that you work for. Just because my experience wasn't the greatest does not mean that this isn't a good choice for work. Each FA is different and there are some out there who are really fantastic people!
Pros
Support system from other BOA's seemed to be really good
Cons
The FA that you work for will depend on your experience. Unfortunately, that is hard to determine until you work there.
Old school company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  PAMay 16, 2017
The door to door method for building a book of business is an outdated practice. The turnover here is extremely high for this reason. Make sure you are truly comfortable with this idea before committing.
Taking care of clients and thier financial needs. Sometimes just listening when they need a friend
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Crosby, TXMay 14, 2017
Came in start up computer and printer, started coffee and sometimes had a client waiting to have coffee with me. Run morning reports for advisor and place on her desk. I would then start on anything pending from the before.
Pros
Loved my job for almost 10 years.
Cons
New young advisor came in our personalities clashed and I left the firm
A challenge
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 7, 2017
Training is very good in helping you get needed license. Door to door knocking is very challenging. Another new guy in area I was working along with other newer advisers. A lot of there was a guy here last week, last month etc. Long hours good job if you can make it. I decided I wanted to watch my kids grow up rather than working 7 days a week.
Pros
Money if you make it
Cons
long hours, not much help if you get the wrong person
Be careful
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2017
Great firm, great values, however when you get out in the field the region is really old fashioned. They will make you door knock for 7-8 hours a day. They don't encourage networking or any other form or prospecting besides door knocking.
Great for starting out of College
FACD (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 2, 2017
Great training program, especially for those just leaving college. There are plenty of opportunities within the company if the original position is not ideal.
Productive Self Disciplined Job
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 1, 2017
Great environment and place to work. Self motivated job, requires attention to detail, and efficiency. Teaches discipline and consistency while giving you room for growth.

Want to know more about Edward Jones?

Ask a question
Company doesn't act in best interest of clients
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  USAApril 28, 2017
Laws will soon change the way they do business, but the selling pressures is more beneficial to the advisors and company than to the clients. A lot of what is done for an unnecessary fee can be done for almost free at the discount brokers. It's about putting more $ in the pockets of the advisors.
great, friendly work atmosphere
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 26, 2017
great job for a very detailed individual
very fast paced
need to be able to constantly re-prioritize tasks
good company, with lots of resources available
great on the job training and online training modules
Working at Jones
Social Media Strategist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2017
learned a lot of about the co-operate culture and world.
I worked 8-5 , which was typically an all day work.
As a social media strategist, you get to learn a lot of rules and regulations about the social media world financially.
wonderful company, husband and wife should NOT be allowed to work in same office
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  duncan okApril 24, 2017
Edward Jones as a company is wonderful to work for, great benefits and incentives. debt free so able to compensate employees for their hard work and efforts.
Pros
compensation/bonuses and benefits
Cons
husband and wife allowed to work in same office, for example wife as on-call office help for husband/financial advisor
Two person office is a nice environment to work in.
Office Administrator - full-time (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 23, 2017
The initial learning curve is intense. Once mastered, updates to the system and the industry keep things interesting. Excellent opportunity to develop trusting relationships with clients and address their personal needs.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
limited room for advancement
Not bad if you don't mind pressure and no personal life
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 23, 2017
A typical day is calling and visiting local strangers until you meet a certain quota of phone numbers and interest. It's a lot of rejection and a lot of frustration.
Previous entrepreneurs ideal
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 20, 2017
Long days of prospecting with very little guidance. You must find a way to motivate yourself daily and find victories on difficult days.
Management is hands off so you must seek out assistance. People are nice. Best part of the job is having independence and the most difficult part is finding prospect that have assets to invest.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Self lead generati
Poor example of a professional company
Contract Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  St louis moApril 20, 2017
Worked there 1 week. Given very little to do. As soon as I was given something, a major production snafu occurred and there was no one available to show me the ropes. At the end of the week I was told I was not doing any work and I was booted out the door.
I would sooner have a root canal done without pain killers that to ever consider working for this company.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Great benefits
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 19, 2017
Edward Jones is a great company to work for. They pay their employees well and offer great benefits. The offices are set-up in a manner that offers a more personal and individualized service for their customers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lonely working environment
Great place to work!
Edward Jones (Current Employee) –  Lake Placid, FLApril 19, 2017
Great culture and history. Edward Jones is the best in the Industry. They provide outstanding training and support to build your business. The hardest part of the job is work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.