Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Stay away
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 7, 2017
Edward Jones provides excellent training however the opportunity to survive financially is a struggle and depends on the amount of assets you inherit.
Rewarding company
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PANovember 7, 2017
Each branch has a Branch office Administrator and a Financial Advisor that work together to service clients. The home office assists as needed. The Branch Office Administrator's (BOA) role is to provide office efficiency and support to the Financial Advisor, helping the FA to run their business successfully. It is a team effort and the Firm is sufficient in providing training, meetings, and guidance to aid in a successful, comfortable environment.
I enjoy working in an office setting, with only one other co-worker, rather than with a large group of co-workers. Edward Jones provides decent benefits, although the deductible is high. They offer a 4 month maternity leave, which is practically unheard of.
Great culture and opportunity
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2017
Run your own business the way you want with the support of a home office when needed. The firm and the people are supportive and well equipped. Really gives you the opportunity to be your own boss and reach your full potential. There is no ceiling.
A great company!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 6, 2017
The work required to get started and be successful is more than you might expect. It takes at least 50-60 hours each week during the first three years. Even after that, You must continue to build your business. That requires around 50 hours per week for the next two to three years.

Having said all of that, you could not ask for a better company to work for.
Great company that values people
On-Call Branch Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXNovember 1, 2017
As an office assistant, I perform administrative tasks, and help serve clients. I got to learn how to work with the Edward Jones database, while also completing marketing projects such as birthday or Christmas cards. Obviously, Edward Jones values close and trusting relationships between BOA's and FA's to clients.
Edward Jones Investments
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville NCOctober 31, 2017
It is a fine place to work for someone who is motivated and enjoys working with other people. Typical day includes working with clients to find solutions and finding new clients to invest with you.
Form fitting
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAOctober 30, 2017
Employment was easy but difficult in the area i lived in. The employer is very helpful with training and there are advancements that are achievable through the company.
Company is excellent
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 29, 2017
Great company to work for in general, pay is great, benefits could be better. A lot of help is provided for new associates to learn the business but the learning is self paced.
Great Place To Work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAOctober 29, 2017
Overall Edward Jones is a great company to work for. They have some compensation issues for folks working in big cities but I truly believe they are woking on them. Great Great GREAT company.
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 27, 2017
A great place to work, for those with the entrepreneurial spirit.
Spend a lot of time knocking on doors, but the relationship you make are extremely strong that way. If you enjoy building your own business, and eventually making it well worth your time, then do consider EJ.
Excellent work life balance.
Senior Security Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 27, 2017
Excellent work life balance with engaging culture that is customer concentric focused, built on solid relationships that are fostered between employees and the respective client base that is served deeply.
Information Systems and Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 26, 2017
Edward Jones was a great place to work. I relocated from St. Louis to Dallas only after a short while of working there to be closer to family. I'm glad to see the company has expanded with more locations nationwide.
Pros
Great company with excellent benefits and team members
Enjoy working for Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXOctober 26, 2017
Good company. Offers a lot of incentives and flexibility. Your salary is up to you. Would not change having them as my employer for the past 22 years.
Tough but potentially rewarding career
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAOctober 25, 2017
This job starts out as a sales only job. Edward Jones is better than most but you still need to market, market, market in order to bring in money. If you enjoy meeting new people every day and trying to sell them on your investment style then this is the right job for you. Expect a lot of phone calls, door knocking, and networking meetings early on in your career. If you can make it past that, then the job is pretty nice!
Pros
Unlimited salary
Cons
High stress
Your experience depends solely on your Advisor
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 24, 2017
My experience with Edward Jones started out on a positive note, however that quickly changed due to the office I was placed in. Don't get me wrong, Headquarters was VERY helpful, and they were always willing to answer my questions, no matter how complicated they were. The support you receive from Home Office is unlike what you get with the majority of other companies.

My negative perception of this job relates to the treatment I received from my advisor. As advisors, they are not given management training whatsoever. The company prides itself on the branch being a "partnership", but the advisor is the one bringing in the assets and doing all of the selling, so ultimately they are the boss.

2-person office: Working in a two person branch is tough. For me, I had an unhealthy relationship with my advisor. I found the advisor to be manipulative, cruel, and impossible to please. There were many instances in which I was blamed for what former administrators had done. Simple mistakes sparked instant conflict within the office, even if they were mistakes made by a prior administrator. Anger was expressed if small things weren't done in the office, things that would take maybe 10-20 seconds to complete/fix and could be done by either of us. Responsibilities laid heavy on me, especially as a new administrator. I am all for a challenge, but at a few months in, I was uncomfortable completing tasks in which I had not received training. I was told to "figure it out", and raced around, calling multiple other BOA's/headquarters, when my advisor simply could've taken 5 minutes with me
  more... to explain how to complete the task at hand.

Working alone: My advisor was also out of the office more than she was in the office, and went on 4 vacations during the time I was there, with 2 more scheduled after my notice was put in. If you enjoy working alone, this may be perfect for you, but if you prefer to have conversations with others, other than just through a phone, you may want to re-think this position, as you will be working alone a lot, regardless of who your advisor is or what level they are at.

Clients: The clients were the saving grace with this job. I created relationships with them that won't soon be forgotten. They were always appreciative of things I did for them, and they almost always came in smiling and happy to see me. Some of them had been going through some tough times, and it was satisfying to be able to sit with them and talk them through situations they were facing.

Bonuses/Pay raises: You are only eligible for a 1% pay raise each year. Depending on your advisor's level, you will receive bonuses every trimester, however these bonuses are determined by your advisor. They can share up to 10% of the branch profitability bonus (I believe). If you are in a level 6 or up branch, these bonuses are higher than in the lower levels. The bonuses are taxed at a higher rate, so prepare to not see the full amount, but they are still quite nice to receive :).

Multi-tasking: For this job, you need to be extremely talented at multi-tasking. In a busier office, your phone could be ringing all day long in the midst of your other tasks. Training for this position is also done for an entire year so you also have to complete learning modules as you go (which are very simple to do luckily). It's best to schedule some time to complete the training each day/week if possible, coordinating with your advisor so that maybe they can answer phones while you complete training.

Advice: My advice to anyone considering working in this role: know who you will be working with on a day to day basis before accepting a position. Ask them about their management style. Ask why the former BOA left. Talk to them about how they run their office, what they view the office culture as, what their organizational style is, and what their expectations are for you. If you feel uncomfortable taking the position or like your personalities may not be a good fit, do not take the position, as you could be looking at a hostile work environment. This job isn't for everyone. I know many BOA's that have been in their roles for a long time, but the ones that have stayed have generally loved the advisor they are working for.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Set Schedule, Pto
Cons
2-Person office, Lonely, Inconsistent Management, Training on your own and not face-to-face
BOA Position
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 24, 2017
I still work at Edward Jones however the pay is soarly lacking unless you have a spouse to help with your living expenses. I am looking for another job that appreciates the work we do for the company and is willing to pay for that support. The FA I work with is amazing and the branch location is perfect. Its very important have to have an FA that you get along with.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and advancement
Great Place to Work
MUTUAL FUND RECONCILIATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lahaina, HIOctober 19, 2017
Overall Edward Jones is a great place to work. With many different options of jobs you will be sure to find something that can provide job satisfaction as well as advancement and flexible schedule if needed.
Good place to work.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 19, 2017
Edward Jones was a good employer.

The only thing I didn't like was door-knocking.

I thought I could do it for four or more years, but after a couple of years, knocking doors was a grueling experience.

Most households have "No Soliciting" signs on the door.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Door knocking
Great opportunity if...
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 17, 2017
Must be willing to constantly speak to strangers and ask them about their finances. Building he business is extremely difficult. Many times a great deal of effort is put in with little reward. On the other hand, those who become successful have rewards that far exceed expectations.
Employee Owned Company
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 15, 2017
Typical day is work from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Managed very well. The new DOL regulations have made it very challenging at Jones.
I do like the support we get on a regular basis from the Home Office.
Pros
Employee Owned with Limited Partnerships.
Cons
Constant change with workflow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.