Edward Jones Employee Reviews

#Awesome associates at Tempe & St. Louis
Sr. Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2017
Corporate & associates in Tempe & St. Louis are the best!!

Team players

Awesome traiming great helpdesk associates.

BOA CONFERENCES & Grassroots Taskforce is Awesome😊
Pros
Associates
Cons
2 people branch
Great benefits
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2017
The benefits are great, This position is a great entry to mid-level position, but advancing is a little difficult. You either have to work with a high-producing office, or transition to a home office based position to advance.
Benefits
Cons
Limited advancement
Excellent Company
Licensed Regional Segment Leadership Training (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2017
This is a lovely company to work for. You will find that you are part of a family experience if you are selected to enter. This is a privately held firm, so the vetting process is extremely important to them!
Prospecting
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 4, 2017
Entire job revolves around cold calling and face to face prospecting. Much more sales oriented than anything else. Gives you the freedom to manage your own branch as long as you are performing to standards.
An educational work place
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJanuary 4, 2017
I have worked at Edward Jones for 9 years. This company has taught me many things about finance and time management. The cooperation between offices in each region is second to none and each person would go out of their way to help you out.
Stable, well respected company with good core values and ethics.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 3, 2017
I was given the freedom to make decisions and to not only work for the company, but be a part of the company. I was respected as a partner in the business. There were perks such as bonuses and business trips. I learned a lot about finance while working for them, and was fortunate enough to work for a company with a great company culture.
Pros
Extensive training, profit sharing, 401k, bonuses, great work environment.
It's a Sales Job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILDecember 29, 2016
Door to door to introduce "yourself." Get a name, number, and need with permission to call. Get a few hundred names and do a call session. The script is to expect a "No" with intention to get an appointment and/or referral. Rinse and repeat. Follow the recipe and they will retain you as long as you are getting more names on your list. "You can't help people if you don't have clients" is what I was told. Names and numbers are what they want. If you don't like it don't work here. Its a sales job.
Pros
Paid training and certification
Cons
Its all about the numbers
Women should be seen and not heard
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2016
Not a female friendly place to work. Not enough staff to support the advisors in the field. Playing politics is necessary for survival. Lots of nepotism.
Pros
Office paid for
Cons
Secrecy
It's all good...until it ain't
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 28, 2016
The thing I enjoyed the most was my financial advisor and I'd still be there if he was. He made coming to work a lot of fun. I don't know what else to say other than that.
Diversified, yet limited work environment
On Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 21, 2016
Does not give advancements, jobs are few to come across and the pay is horrible. I have learned a lot in the finance industry and met many new people.

Want to know more about Edward Jones?

Ask a question
Enjoyed working and learning
Financial Adviser Trainee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 20, 2016
Good learning experience,very good training program, good management, very supportive people.
Training is very hectic, but very useful. Very flexible as long as you meet the deadlines.
Pros
Flexible
Interesting and diverse
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 12, 2016
Edward Jones is a great place to work but the compensation for the skills required is very low. The job offers a great deal of diversity in the types of activities involved such as marketing, client accounts, branch cashiering, clerical duties, and client relationships. I enjoyed working for Edward Jones, but the compensation for the type and amount of work was not very high.
Pros
great clients
Cons
low pay
Was not a pleasant place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 12, 2016
The programming staff decides if they like you if they don't you are toast especially if you are over 40 years of age. A great deal of the software used here is installation specific to Edward Jones, developed at Edward Jones and there is steep learning curve. There is no talking or questions allowed.
Pros
The cafeterias have excellent food
Cons
co-workers can be rude and mean spirited
Great place to learn if you are just out of college.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2016
Don't care about their people, especially if any extenuating circumstances arrive and they are happy to terminate you without cause and give your clients to their currently underperforming managers.
Control your own Destiny
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2016
Its a position where everything is up to you. If you can handle the long hours you earn quite a rewarding career. The workload at the beginning of the career is substantial and the stress levels are high
No room for advancement
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 1, 2016
Typical administrative office job. Two person office enviroment can work very well or very bad, need to have a good connection with financial advisor. No real room for advancement unless you plan to become a financial advisor.
Good Place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 29, 2016
Edward Jones Investments is an overall goof place to work, however depending on the Financial Advisor you work with it can either make the work place comfortable or an extremely hostile environment. I traveled form Columbus Ohio to Florida recently. My FA in Ohio was AMAZING and we worked very well together. When I moved to Florida I worked in an office with 3 FA's who were extremely demanding, rude and bullies. Edward Jones as a company is a great place to work. They are flexible and adapt to change very well. They also have great compensation packages. The only thing which is also the most important thing is to make sure you are compatable with the FA you will be working side by side with every day.
Great culture.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 21, 2016
You will be hard-pressed to find a better company that strives to put the needs and interests of their clients before anything else. This company prides itself on setting the bar in the investment sector.
Great business environment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coleman, TXNovember 20, 2016
Edward Jones is a great place to work. Pay and hours are reasonable and the benefits are outstanding. Much room for learnig new things in the financial world
Don't Drink The Kool-Aid
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 15, 2016
I entered the Jones environment full of hope, and was promised a good life if I put in the work. While I will say I did reasonably well, it came at a cost to my home life.

It really depends on which region you are in. One region is able to work as a team, where another they destroy their new FAs. Too many peacocks to keep up with.

If you do decide to work for Jones, believe in about 20% of what they promise. Just know that you will be well trained, so you will able to move on to another firm.
Pros
Training is excellent
Cons
Toxic environment where they eat their young.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.