Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Trusted and well established financial service provider
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Joseph MOApril 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits such as paid vacation, sick leave, 401K
Cons: Only one co-worker and on slow days having no interaction with anyone else
Work pace varied at Edward Jones. I enjoyed the busy days much more than the slow days. I learned how to multi task and prioritize projects. I honed my already stellar customer service skills. It was a two person office, therefore I only had one co-worker. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a personality clash I had with my transplanted co-worker. The most enjoyable part of the job was discovering services that highly benefitted the clients and getting them set up for them. Really making a difference in their lives.
Large company and room for advancement.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2015
Pros: Large company, room for advancement
Cons: Noisy department, stressful environment.
Worked with an Applix system computer, entering data to register Letters of Authorization from Power of Attorney forms on the system. Took phone calls from branch offices for registrations of physical stock certificates and entered on systems to get them issued. I worked in a large department that was very noisy and at times it was difficult to concentrate. I enjoyed working with many co-workers and had a great relationship with my immediate supervisor.
For those who are independent
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORApril 24, 2015
There is plenty of support from co-workers and management. The firm provides a wonderful training program. This is for the self-starter and independent type who enjoys the challenge of building your own practice.
Quality Financial services Firm
Senior Network Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2015
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: slow, conservative pace of work in technology
For a financial services company, this is an excellent place to work, with an emphasis on work-life balance and individual responsibility. There is little to no micro-management, and they allow the individual to make a contribution. Highly conservative, perhaps to a fault when it comes to technology, they are consistent in their approach across the firm.
Excellent training and opportunity to begin your careers
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), SeattleApril 17, 2015
Pros: Full-time Office Adminitrator
Cons: commute
Prospect and market to obtain new clients

All types of investments and insurance. How to manage your own business.

Positive environment. Incredible support and encouragement by all leaders and advisors.

Awesome co-workers

Building business with no assets to start with

Training, learning new investments, the people
Two person office
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Avon, NYApril 17, 2015
I enjoy working for Edward Jones. The firm's policy regarding treatment of clients and employees is wonderful.
There are only two employees in the branch - the financial advisor and the branch office administrator.
Great place to work for a self-starter
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), TexasApril 16, 2015
Pros: Excellent management and training
Cons: it is a sales job
Excellent opportunity to run your own business how you see fit without having to incur the start-up costs. Great place to work!
Good Company but lacking benefits
Operations (Current Employee), Tempe ArizonaApril 15, 2015
Pay is lower than other similar jobs around town. Same job I have 22 miles away at another financial firm has a $6500 starting pay difference.

Firm has profit sharing bonuses but still does not bridge the gap of pay. Not really a bonus, just an addition to your base salary.

No maternity leave for my husband who works here as well.

$500 401k match only.

Strict dress code policy!

Firm has a solid culture and people will generally do what is right.
I worked in a wonderful office with a terrific enviroment
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Williston, NDApril 14, 2015
Pros: flexiable hours, good back office support
Cons: being part time no beniftis
Edward Jones taught me how important it is to provide excellent customer service and how in the long run people remember it and how you went the extra mile for them.
Was the fist job I could say I loved to go to every day.
Paying close attention to detail, for you were dealing with financial situations,and buying and selling of mutual funds/stocks
Hardest part of the job was at times certain things had to be bought or sold before the market closed , verify time sensitive
I worked at my first Edward Jones office for 3 years and I enjoyed getting to know all of the clients and them remembering me
I only worked part time at this office
Great place to work!
Helpdesk Support Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible.
Cons: Not Many full time positions anymore.
Edward Jones is a great place to work. They are flexible and family oriented. The people are always courteous and professional. There is a culture that promotes self growth.
Edward Jones
Financial Advisor Corporate Development Program (Former Employee), st louis, moApril 8, 2015
Gather investment leads from door to door solicitation. Prepare financial plans, educate clients based risk tolerance.

Selling investment process, the partnership culture.

Worked with other recent college graduates in the program to achieve the goals of the program.

Gathering assets.
Professional and productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), ST LOUIS, MOApril 7, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: N/A
Professional and productive work ethic. Educational and professional growth is provided, Would work there again. Exceptional management team.
Company Culture
Internship, Cost Basis (Current Employee), Des Peres, MOApril 4, 2015
The company culture at EDJ is very diverse and unique. They really value the advancement of their employees and promoting from within. They also support continuing of education by providing opportunities to go back to school.
Nice place to work
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2015
The work was enjoyable. My coworkers were great. The experienced I gained about investments and what it takes to properly secure your future was valuable.
Productive and well balanced company to work for.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Alamogordo, NMMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: None
Hardest part of the jobs is there is so many legal aspects to learn on how and what each person can and can not do.
Have not met any amployee at Edwatd Jones I have not just loved.
This company teaches you so much on Investments
Job is about connections
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Chippewa Falls, WIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Fun working with people.
Cons: Success is based on who you know/luck.
Very difficult to get yourself established. The company starts with two different tracts...you start with an established book, called Goodknight...or...you start from zero. HUGE difference in likelihood of success. Know that going into it. If you have a large and financially strong social structure, odds are vastly improved.
Supportive environment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: small office, work on your own
Great company to work for. Small office environment with opportunity to provide excellent customer service and get to know the clients on a personal basis. Supportive home office.
GOOD COMPANY BUT TERRIBLE FINANCIAL ADVISOR
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Waupaca, WIMarch 20, 2015
THE FINANCIAL ADVISOR IN THE BRANCH WAS VERY DEMEANING AND DEGRADING. tHE WORK WAS GOOD BUT THE FINANCIAL ADVISOR MADE IT TOUGH TO WORK IN THE OFFICE
Co shares in their profits with employees
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2015
Pros: friendly, professional, caring place to work
Cons: none
Jones is an excellent co to work for. They share profits with employees. Work place is very friendly, clean, smoke free & relaxed. I am applying for rehire as on call.

I can't say anything negative about Jones. It is a wonderful company to work for.
Great opportunity
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMarch 9, 2015
The opportunity is there. You just need to do the work to make it happen. It also should be the right time in your life to make it work.

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Salaries