Edward Jones Employee Reviews in United States

Financial Advisor Intern
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2016
Very hard business to start out. Many fail but the rewards of owning your own business can be incredible if you make it. The day as an intern is more of an administrative role but you do learn a lot about the investment world.
Great Work Environment
Retirement Services Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2016
Overall my experience with Edward Jones was great. Everyone I worked with was friendly, supportive, and extremely helpful. I would recommend working for Edward Jones to anyone I know.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 22, 2016
Most enjoyable part of working at Edward Jones was meeting new people and making lasting relationships. Pay was competitive and job was rewarding.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
lack of flexibility
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAFebruary 25, 2016
EDJ is the leading firm to start your training and become a financial advisor. Support is superb. Relentless training program. Has good enough marketing material to start off your office in the right direction.
Positive working enviornment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 21, 2016
Positive working environment. Enjoyable experience and very friendly people. Company culture is very welcoming, they have good benefits and opportunities available to employees.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
Great company to start out with. Horrible health insurance but great incentives if achieving your sales goals. Little to no micromanagement but mentorship is available if needed.
Great culture and work life balance
Talent Acquisition Recruiter, Remote (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 15, 2016
Edward Jones is a great place to work. It is a family environment and the firm is very caring. The culture is important to every employee.
Challenging and interesting place to work
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOApril 11, 2016
Solid company with a variety of opportunities present. Great place to work with enjoyable facilities and challenging technical projects
I like my job, just no room for advancement
Branch Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, GaOctober 13, 2015
I have learned a lot at Edward Jones, I like my job, there is just not a lot of room for advancement there.
I make deposits and trades in clients accounts, ACH money to and from accounts; schedule appointments, research investments, and prepare paperwork for appointments with the financial advisor.The best part of my job is working with the clients.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 30, 2016
Their training is second to none and the opportunity is unmatched in the Financial Adviser world. But it is extremely difficult to be successful, especially at first.
Great Opportunity and can always find someone to help.
Financial Advisor South Indianapolis (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2015
The structure, opportunity and community of Edward Jones is fantastic. It isn't easy to start your own business but Edward Jones gives you great assistance to do so.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Pay relies on the word of others, difficult to grow.
Always looking for new recruits
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 5, 2015
Not a bad place to be if you are into the sales game. Felt a little misled when given an office as was supposed to be in charge of decision making, but was constantly being told from above what to sell and when. Felt like I had to be more worried about a quota rather than what was best for my customers. I guess it makes sense though when trying to oversee that many individual offices.
Freedom, but competitive.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 25, 2016
Emphasis was on sales, not necessarily doing what is right for the client. This led to a conflicted feeling on my part. There was a good support system from other advisors.
Loved my job
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  9 years in Arlington, 3 mo in WeatherfordMay 25, 2016
On the whole I loved my job. Met people formed relationships, with clients and others. For 9 years I loved it. Hardest part of my job was leaving it.
benefits
Edward Jones Review
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Excelsior, MNDecember 21, 2015
Assisted the Branch Manager with setting up appointments, entering customer transactions into their computer system. I had no co-workers, answered client calls, maintained brochures.

Did not like working here.
Financial Service
Sr. Hadoop Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2016
Edward Jones is a financial services, Work culture and timings are very good. Co-workers are very friendly. Team outings are there. SMEs are very knowledgeable persons.
Great company to work for.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCDecember 7, 2015
The company is a wonderful place to work. The benefits are the best.
Family time and work schedule are balanced. The company really cares about their employees.
Benefits
Cons
They can not keep a Financial Advisor in the offices.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2016
Great company to work for if you're able to have a income that fluctuates with the market. I would love to work for this company at a more stable point in my life.
Financial advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 1, 2016
Great Company with a great culture. Tough industry and knocking on doors isnt for everyone. You are also locked into a no compete.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Tough industry
Challenging enviroment that required self-reliance and working under minimal supervision.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJSeptember 8, 2015
High degree of autonomy required as office staff consisted of one administrator and one investment representative (who traveled often). I acquired valuable knowledge regarding administrative support, client service, and resourcefulness.