Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employer Reviews

Great company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: provide training pay
Great training and great support system. 6 month training program and will license FINRA Series 7 & 66 & Life Insurance.
Great Place to Work to start your career in a financial advisor position
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: independent; run a business as you would want it run
Cons: door knocking for hours on end
Monday-Friday from 8 am-6:00 pm

Invaluable training courses to identify and assess prospective clients' financial needs
Always do what is right for your client

The face to face prospecting (door knocking) is something to get used too but if you can get comfortable it becomes a fun day.

The independence you have paving the path of your career and having help from headquarters.
An amazing company to work for.
BOA (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Edward Jones is a great company to work for. They provide great services for clients financial needs. They tailor the investments to the client current and future needs.
intern
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee), Gainesville, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Great company, awesome advisors, and priceless opportunity.
Interesting
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: training
Headquarters is in St. Louis, MO. You work out of your car for the first year. Meeting new people is fun.
It is difficult to know what is going on, because everyone works in another state. You work at least 6 days a week.
All of the exams are difficult, and one you pass them, you still have to go threw an interesting level of training from Mo.
Great opportunity
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 31, 2014
Pros: great pay.
Cons: door knocking.
Loved every aspect about the company besides the door knocking, which is how you prospect and gather assets. Great pay, support and benefits.
Great environment
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (BOA) (Current Employee), Various cities in MIDecember 30, 2014
Pros: mileage reimbursement
Cons: no other co-workers to work with
As an On-Call Branch Office Administrator, I have worked at several Edward Jones' offices, and all have been great experiences. My goal is to work permanently in either an Edward Jones office, or another similar office, and I aim to accomplish this in the next few months. I have learned so much about the financial industry, and how to assist clients with their clients. The hardest part of the job is that there is only myself and the financial advisor in the office each day, and I am a people person, so I miss working with a variety of co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I never feel alone. If I ever have any questions, I just call Home Office in St. Louis and there is someone to help.
Consistent Culture
❸ Senior Academic Training Leader (Current Employee), St. Louis MissouriDecember 30, 2014
Edward Jones provides a consistent culture. Associate development is paramount at Edward Jones. Each associate is viewed as a partner and experience is valued. Varied viewpoints and backgrounds are respected. It cultivates a positive work environment.
Good culture
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2014
Loved everything about working for Edward Jones, except when not working in headquarters (St Louis or Tempe, AZ) there is only one level to advance to as a branch office administrator - senior level.
Excellent client-focused culture
Investment Representative (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 23, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: the market cycle.
Building a viable branch takes effort and time. A typical day began at 7:45 with sales calls/prospecting until 11:30. Client appointments from 10/1/2/3; the sales day is followed by the preparation for the next. Edward Jones offers great technology and information systems, and is know for its acclaimed contact management system. Prized also is the great group of like-minded investment professionals. The hardest part of the job is perhaps the best part: establishing the habit of employing a schedule of activities that produces results. To be able to engage an employment that has a positive and beneficial impact in the lives of our clients is the most enjoyable part of working in retail finance.
Great Steping stone
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), West Salem, WIDecember 23, 2014
Pros: bonus sharing
Cons: unrealistic expectations for new branch
Loved the structure and dynamic of on admin to advisor. I learned how to manage plan to achieve branch goals.
Series 7 & 66 Student- FA Trainee
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee), Providence, RIDecember 20, 2014
My journey with Edward Jones began in July 2014, first attending an orientation panel as an introduction to the FA opportunity. This 5 month hiring process was unique compared to past positions because the company is very much driven on finding not only qualified candidates, but built just as much on hiring good people. They have an outstanding system and culture and was fortunate enough to get to know many people in the organization such as principals, financial advisors, and branch administrators.

They implement a very rigorous training program so new persons can acquire their Series 7 license in approximately 5 weeks followed by their Series 66 by the 8th week of hire. I actively met the required daily activities as set forth by their study course and have since a strong understanding of the examinations. However, because the Series 7 can only be taken up to 3 times it was best to separate on good terms prior to my first test attempt (5 days following my separation) because its more important to enter the exam fully confident and pass the first time vs. being not 100% certain.

Though only there 1 month the hiring process and the relationships I made the past 6 months are ones I look forward to building further in the future, as a peer at another firm within the industry.
Great company to start a career as an investment advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: regional support
Cons: door to door prospecting
Our goal was to make 25 contacts per day with potential prospects by going door to door within an assigned territory. We would follow up with these prospects in the near future with focused call sessions to better identify their financial needs and to offer tailored solutions.

The training program is primarily focused on how to prospect and very little is concentrated on the product knowledge that we as advisors need to make the recommendations that are in the best interest of our clients.

One benefit of working for Edward Jones is that there is no micromanagement. Each advisor has the resources of the home office and the freedom to build their practice however they see fit.
In addition, the majority of the senior advisors within my region were happy to meet with new advisors and offer their expertise and business building techniques.

The most difficult part of the job was going door to door. In this day and age, people are very reluctant to provide sensitive information, such as their finances, to a stranger walking through their neighborhood.
Beacuse the door to door activity was so time consuming, it was difficult to prospect through other avenues, for example, civic organizations, personal networking, seminars, etc.

Although going door to door proved an inefficient method for prospecting, I believe the activity helped facilitate the understanding of how difficult it can be to build a business in the Financial Services industry. Advisors utilizing the door to door technique inevitably develop a thicker skin and are more adept to overcoming objections. Because of this, I believe Edward Jones is a great place for someone starting out in the industry.
Review
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), San DiegoNovember 20, 2014
Pros: work independently, continuous learning, and medical benefits
Cons: if you work for a financial advisor you don't get along with it can be the worse place to work for.
It's a great position in the company when you are starting out to gain knowledge and experience in finance and investments. If you don't mind the minimal pay you get. You work independently for the most part but you are always learning something new and there is e-training that helps you. A typical day at work would be checking your email, daily meeting with Financial Advisor, answering phones, setting appointments, maintaining administrative documents, transferring assets to and from accounts.
A great job
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Decatur, GANovember 20, 2014
I have loved my time at Edward Jones. Sadly I have moved up the ladder as much as possible and it's time for a new adventure. I would love a company that I believe in and a job that is project based. Event planing is my favorite part of my job.
Edward Jones
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2014
Pros: great community atmosphere, great ce and communication
Cons: the potential for advancement is not strong
A typical day at E.J. begins with a Relevant Report Status which informs all compliance analysts of things to look for and situations which could put the firm at risk. Broker activity is the primary topic of these reports.

My education at E.J. is continuing as they provide good payment for C.E. as well in house tutorials, lectures and procedural updates.

Everything at E.J. is team based which works well as all "team members" are encouraged to share information, successes, failures etc. while the team leaders takes the relevant information and forwards this information to the team leaders and managers of other departments so they are able to continually update and improve the entire system.

The co-workers are the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job. It's difficult to continually have to pick up the slack for those who either don't do their job, are continually sick, or those that flat out don't know what their doing. But at the same time the camaraderie is great.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: prospecting door to door
Working with my clients! They are the most important thing to me.
Very beneifical
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Sumter, SCNovember 18, 2014
Very well organized environment. I gained a lot of management experience. My co-workers were very easy going, there was nothing hard about this job, and the most enjoyable part of theis job was interacting with the clients.
Benefits are great and hours are good
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MINovember 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: small offices and poor communication with immediate supervisor
Learned how to manage money and how stock markets work
Made many friends of my clients and enjoyed being able to help them reach their retirement goals.
Difficulty sometimes dealing with people when market prices are going down. Having to reassure that time in the market with prevail and most times when market is down that is a time to buy.
Setting up events and meeting new perspective clients in a variety of events.
Productive, TeamPlayer, Fast Paced
Help Desk Support (Current Employee), St. Louis, MissouriNovember 11, 2014
I work part-time from home. My day starts at 7:00 and I am done working by noon. From the time I log onto the phones, I am troubleshooting computer problems from, remote access, printers, telephones, VDI issues, software applications, etc. I work in a very fast past environment and multi-tasking is a requirement in this position. I enjoy problem solving, working with my peers, as well as working for my customers. My employment in IS very challenging and the environment is always changing, which makes my day go by faster. There is never a dull moment working in IS.

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Salaries