Edward Jones

Edward Jones United States Employee Reviews

Very poorly run
Scratch Broker (Former Employee), Mandeville, LAFebruary 18, 2015
Worked here for six years and loved it. Then I transferred to another office within the firm and it was down hill from that point on. I uncovered plenty of illegal activity on the part of my predecessor who still worked for the company. I reported the violations as required and was retaliated against and eventually forced to resign.
enjoyable atmosphere to work in
Senior Branh Office Administrator (Former Employee), Hartford, WIFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed the clients very much and due to the fact it was a small office I had a variety of duties which made the days go fast. Due to the ever changing financial regulations extensive and on-going training was was required. I performed everything from cleaning the office, ordering supplies, paid bills, performed trades, opened accounts and processed estates.
Provide World Class Service at a Top Company to Work For
Cash Services Specialist II (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2015
I work in the Cash Service department at Edward Jones. At Edward Jones our financial advisors offer a personal approach to investing and retirement planning to help the client reach long-term financial goals. I help provide world class service to branches regarding their client's banking needs.
Great place if you like door to door
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Baltimore MarylandFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: door-to-door sales
This is a wonderful company to work for, top notch training, great pay/benefits, wonderful support system, a dream job. You have to be able to perform door to door sales though.
A great place to work.
Part Time Branch Office Administrator - BOA (Current Employee), Arroyo Grande, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great environment
Edward Jones provides a great, professional & personable environment.

As a new employee, Edward Jones provides great on line assistance with everything needed to assist the client and make their experience one of professional, but caring one. As an "On-Call" Branch Office Administrator, that service is critical. If there is anything that you don't know, the answer is just a phone call away.
flexible sechdule
Reconciliation Specialist II (Former Employee), St. Louis MissouriJanuary 28, 2015
Luckily i was a part of a good team. There were times when the work load was heavy but it was easily managed because of the great team work and an efficent team lead. There were times when there was difference of point occured but with communication it was resolved.
Well managed and organized, documented workplace.
Heldpesk (Current Employee), RemoteJanuary 28, 2015
In the Helpdesk, we have no typical days at work. That's the fun of it....The training is extensive. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting a customer.
Most won't make it through the program.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Fishers, INJanuary 26, 2015
Good place to work if you can make it through the program. From my experience very few do maybe 10 percent or so go on to having their own branch. Even then it isn't a guarantee that you will make big bucks but you will have a good lifestyle. You are your own boss and have an admin. People that succeed have certain advantages. About half are incredible sales people the other half have ties within the organization or family connections.
Office work with responsibility to handle confidential client information
On-Call Business Office Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: working on my own
Cons: working on days no one else was there
answer phones, record account information changes, open mail, deposit checks

didn't learn much

management frequently out
It is what you make it
Investment Rep (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2015
Great company history. They take care of their clients but you are an independent rep. So the comp and benefits you get are based on sales.
okay
Solutions Service Specialist (Current Employee), stlJanuary 22, 2015
okay,phones phones, most of the positions are on the phone.
excellent
On-Call Branch Office Administration (Current Employee), Lake City, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Enjoy working with the people I work with. Like the flexibility of my schedule.
A great place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), FlorenceJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
The company is one of the best places I have ever worked. They have great job training, I learned many things about the Financial markets that I never knew before.
Small two person branch office
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work is being on the phone with clients, vendors, and headquarters disseminating information between them. I learned how to multi task and manage several schedules while advancing and branding the business.The hardest part of the job was trying to coordinate appointments with a Financial Advisor that is hardly ever there in the office and doesn't keep you updated. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with the clients and connecting with them.
Great company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: provide training pay
Great training and great support system. 6 month training program and will license FINRA Series 7 & 66 & Life Insurance.
Great Place to Work to start your career in a financial advisor position
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: independent; run a business as you would want it run
Cons: door knocking for hours on end
Monday-Friday from 8 am-6:00 pm

Invaluable training courses to identify and assess prospective clients' financial needs
Always do what is right for your client

The face to face prospecting (door knocking) is something to get used too but if you can get comfortable it becomes a fun day.

The independence you have paving the path of your career and having help from headquarters.
An amazing company to work for.
BOA (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Edward Jones is a great company to work for. They provide great services for clients financial needs. They tailor the investments to the client current and future needs.
intern
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee), Gainesville, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Great company, awesome advisors, and priceless opportunity.
Interesting
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: training
Headquarters is in St. Louis, MO. You work out of your car for the first year. Meeting new people is fun.
It is difficult to know what is going on, because everyone works in another state. You work at least 6 days a week.
All of the exams are difficult, and one you pass them, you still have to go threw an interesting level of training from Mo.
Great opportunity
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 31, 2014
Pros: great pay.
Cons: door knocking.
Loved every aspect about the company besides the door knocking, which is how you prospect and gather assets. Great pay, support and benefits.

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Salaries