Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Financial Advisor Recruiter
SENIOR RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2017
A typical day was 10+ hours to keep up with requisitions. Hiring goals were never met, constant growth/hiring was the expectation. Unqualified people promoted while the people that did the work were not acknowledged.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay for what work was done/limited mobility
Rewarding for the right individual
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GASeptember 27, 2017
Financial service industry is changing and it's more difficult to provide services and charge fees to individual investors. There are many financial firms providing services via phone and internet with very low expenses.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Long hours and difficult prospecting process
Great work environment
Instructional Designer/Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2017
Loved working at Edward Jones. Top notch management along with the family like workplace culture. Edward Jones associates are truly dedicated to helping all financial advisers assist clients in achieving their financial goals.
Pros
The associates
Cons
Can't think of any
Doesn't offer a very good work/life balance unless an advisor
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 22, 2017
Compensation could be increased, a little less work load on the BOA and offer more incentives. It takes too long to hi the salary mid range for the BOA's. Corporate needs to know a little more
Great Employer
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 21, 2017
Great company, great training program, hard job but worthwhile! Tough to get started in but as long as you follow your training you should be able to be successful!
FA was too passive
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 20, 2017
The FA I worked with was too passive which meant my position was slow. There was not very much traffic at our office and made for very long days. I left because of this reason.
All depends on who you get as an advisor
BOA (Former Employee) –  VASeptember 20, 2017
The company itself isnt so bad but the way they structure the offices being one adviser and mostly one assistant, if you have a good adviser ..driven.honest. likable..then you can make out. But if you get a lazy one and one who may be unpopular with clients, then the office can be difficult to work in.
You can be hired for an established adviser and if he retires or leaves for another company, then you have no idea what you get stuck with next. It is hard to give advise on the job because it has so many layers to be aware of and you dont know those til you are in office and work with whoever you get.The support system is good in home office. Benefits are expensive for such a large company.
And as others stated...it is all about the commissions brought in. No company will admit..but it is all about the money.
Be willing to work hard
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXSeptember 19, 2017
You need to be okay with going door to door to market yourself. Must love to help people. One of the biggest benefits to this job is being able to make your own schedule but you must be very self disciplined to do the work.
Not for anyone who is not willing to work 60+ hrs per week
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 18, 2017
If you are given a book of business in which to start this can be a great and rewarding career but if you grow your book from scratch as I did it can be a big upward climb!
Okay place to work
Branch Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 18, 2017
Okay company if you don't want to advance as an assistant. They don't like their assistants registered. The pay is rather low for the industry but if you get in with the right office it can be a great fit.
I was a Certified Financial planner
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 15, 2017
Very hard work, knocking on doors to get clients. Worked 6 days a week. Never made it happen. I lived in a rural community that was financially challenged
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Tough economic times
The beginning is the hardest
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 15, 2017
The beginning of your career is the hardest while you're trying to build your client base. Minimal help from Home Office in this department so you have to go out there and find clients on your own. The majority of your time is spent prospecting so depending on where your office is located or what city/town you're in, it can be quite difficult. I've seen that Advisors in smaller towns do a lot better because there is a lot less competition from other firms or banks. Starting salary is a lot less than your previous position so be prepared to have some some money set aside to cover expenses. Time flexibility is great but the more time you're away from prospecting, the less money you can potentially make.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Starting Salary
Not what was expected
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 15, 2017
The best part of the job is that you do create your own schedule, but with that being said you have to work a lot. There is also about 90% door knocking on peoples home for the first few years. It is a sales job and there isn't much discussion of that through the hiring process. So, if you are looking for a job where you get to deal with finance and research investments this isn't the job.
Pros
Create own schedule
Cons
Sales, Benefits are very expensive.
Great place to work!
Information Systems and Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed my brief employment at Edward Jones. Unfortunately, to be closer to family I decided to relocate from St. Louis, MO to the Dallas, TX area causing my time at Edward Jones to be short-lived. I enjoyed the working environment and the opportunities for advancement and continuing education.

I'm glad to see the company is still growing and going strong.
Pros
Short-lived working experience
Cons
Great working experience, valued employees
Excellent company to work for and with.
On-call Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Yadkinville, Winston-Salem, Clemmons, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Edward Jones is a very professional, ethical and unique business. There is a comfortable atmosphere knowing you are working with a company that cares about you personally. They give you great resources and equipment to work with and opportunity to take ownership of you business. Also your receive outstanding benefits, salaries, bonuses and a secure place to work. Customer service is the most important part of working at Edward Jones. It should becomes part of you and the rewards are you make deep personal relationships with the customers.
Pros
The pride of working for an honest company that looks out for each client and you. Security.
Cons
The stress of trying to do everything perfectly.
no comment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLSeptember 14, 2017
this company is focused on getting people in the market and less focused on a clients overall financial well-being. While they provide for wholistic planning, they frown on employees recommending more than investments in the markets.
Some days could be a fun place to work
Senior Support Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2017
If I had to base my experience off of departments - it would not be one of the best places to work. Never gave contractors a sense of belonging. Always felt as an outsider - not part of the team.
Productive and great!
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 14, 2017
Edward Jones offices consist of 2 people only. The Financial Advisor and Branch Office Administrator. That's the best part of the job, The hard part is that there is no hands on training available. There is very minimum to almost no management training for the FA's. It takes about 2 or more years to learn everything depending on the regular changes in the systems. But once you know the systems and the policies and procedures its an awesome place to work. Until then it is stressful specially if you are not compatible with your FA or your BOA.
Contractor at Edward Jones
Web Content Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2017
Since I was not an employee, I can't speak for the benefits. As a contractor, I've worked at many companies and this is definitely the best one. Most companies will show a separation between the contractors and employees. They like to include contractors as much as possible. Very good work environment. Great people. Only leaving because I decided to move across country to follow my passion.
Great Place
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNSeptember 13, 2017
This brokerage Firm believes in relational environments. We know our clients and our clients know us. We go to their homes, we attend their family functions and they do the same. It's not just a workplace or business with Edward Jones... we are a family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.