Edward Jones Employee Reviews

lots of freedom
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, VAOctober 10, 2016
You have a lot of freedom when it comes to work/life balance. You can choose to take off whenever you want. you get to develop your own business plan and hire your own office administrator. The hardest part of the job is beginning and building. The more you are established the easier it gets.
Pros
you make your own schedule
Cons
difficult/hr is horrible
Supportive and nurturing environment from fellow co-workers, management and home office support.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2016
During my tenure at Edward Jones, our clients also became our families. Not only did we take care of our specific clients we were there to take care of there extended families too. Upper management was always there to support and help whenever needed. The environment of the Branch Office Administrator group was a tight close knit group. We were always there to support one another. We would meet once a month for what Edward Jones called a Lunch-n-Learn with a speaker from home office giving us an update or instructions for new procedures that were to take place within the near future. Hardest part of the job, if you would considered that, was being alone in the office by yourself, even with work to do and/or just working with one person in the office day to day. With that being said, it always worked. My most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of our families. That mattered the most to be able to do right by them and get them what they needed when they needed it.
Pros
Fellow BOA and Home Office support.
Cons
Not being in a group environment. I love to work with people. So, taking care of my families pretty much negated the con.
Enjoyed working and learning
Financial Adviser Trainee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 20, 2016
Good learning experience,very good training program, good management, very supportive people.
Training is very hectic, but very useful. Very flexible as long as you meet the deadlines.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Large company with a close family feel.
Intern/Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAOctober 7, 2016
My time at Edward Jones was both challenging and rewarding. Starting as an intern it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I was placed in front of many clients and prospects, and expected to be the confident face of the office by the time I took the position of Branch Office Administrator.

The position challenged my professional experience but ultimately prepared me to succeed in any environment. I am grateful for all I learned and the relationships and friends gained along the way.
Great organization
FA Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Great opportunity to build a career as a financial advisor with the local and corporate support of a great organization. Very good opportunity to help everyday individuals with their financial future.
No room for advancement
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 1, 2016
Typical administrative office job. Two person office enviroment can work very well or very bad, need to have a good connection with financial advisor. No real room for advancement unless you plan to become a financial advisor.
An educational work place
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJanuary 4, 2017
I have worked at Edward Jones for 9 years. This company has taught me many things about finance and time management. The cooperation between offices in each region is second to none and each person would go out of their way to help you out.
Excitement & Challenge turned to Discouragement & Disappointment
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 2, 2016
It is very difficult to get through the hiring process for Edward Jones. It took me 6 weeks from the time I first submitted my application, went through the background check, fingerprinting ,etc. I was so excited to receive the offer and even more excited when I saw that the job was a great challenge and allowed interaction with a wide variety of clients. As a BOA, you develop strong connections to clients and EJ encourages that. The BOA is the face of the business and clients will often even choose their branch by how well they like the BOA. I did not view my position at EJ as a job, but as a potential career to work until I retired. Unfortunately, I had a personality clash with the advisor. Due to this, things did not work out. I had read a lot of reviews before taking the position and most for whom the job did not work out, said the same thing as I am saying now but I largely dismissed it because I typically get along with just about anyone. Buyer beware when it comes to which advisor you work with. My advice to anyone who becomes a BOA is to keep consistent documentation of everything you do or say, positive or negative.
Pros
Good benefits, Stable Company, Supportive Colleagues, Wonderful Clients
Cons
It is just you and the advisor in the office and that relationship needs to "click", pay mediocre for what you are doing which is essentially managing an office
Great Opportunity for the Best of the Best
Financial Advisor in Training (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, ILOctober 25, 2016
I really wanted this position, but the exam requirements are no joke. I loved the support and encouragement I received but I fell short. Ladies, there are very few of us in this company.
Pros
Paid training, great financial opportunities, great for self starters and motivated people
Cons
Training options didn't allow for an instructor for Series 7 or Series 66. All the self study, online videos was hard to adjust to for someone who hasn't needed to study in over 20 years.
Helpful and exciting enviorment.
Customer Account Transfer Assoc. (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Expectations of management were realistic and communicated to us daily. The product line was well balanced and had something in every financial demographic. Great training with regular re training as needed.
Diversified, yet limited work environment
On Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 21, 2016
Does not give advancements, jobs are few to come across and the pay is horrible. I have learned a lot in the finance industry and met many new people.
Office Manager at Edward Jones
Senior branch office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNSeptember 15, 2016
I was the face and voice of Edward Jones as anyone came into or called the office. All duties of an office were performed with the exception of selling stocks, which were handled by the Financial Advisor. I was able to use my computer knowledge and skills in this job. Enjoyed seeing my clients come in and know that they were there to visit and felt important each time.
Pros
Met new people from all ages, conducted and organized seminars, and quarterly meetings with other Edward Jones offices in the surrounding areas
Cons
Supervisor of 10 years retiring
Was not a pleasant place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 12, 2016
The programming staff decides if they like you if they don't you are toast especially if you are over 40 years of age. A great deal of the software used here is installation specific to Edward Jones, developed at Edward Jones and there is steep learning curve. There is no talking or questions allowed.
Pros
The cafeterias have excellent food
Cons
co-workers can be rude and mean spirited
Positive working enviornment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 21, 2016
Positive working environment. Enjoyable experience and very friendly people. Company culture is very welcoming, they have good benefits and opportunities available to employees.
Women should be seen and not heard
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2016
Not a female friendly place to work. Not enough staff to support the advisors in the field. Playing politics is necessary for survival. Lots of nepotism.
Pros
Office paid for
Cons
Secrecy
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 29, 2017
They provide extensive training and support. Good environment for someone who is a self starter and has a dynamic, quality sales background. You must be able to have a good background on finances and help clients with solutions to their financial situations.
Pros
Dynamic people, bonus incentives
Cons
Life balance is a challenge
unfortuntately very bad experience
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Pompton Lakes, NJFebruary 1, 2016
New young FAs need to learn personal, communicational skills and know how to treat their Branch Office Administrators (especially when it's 2-person operation, per branch), instead of calling the Home Office and making complaints behind BOA's back.
Cons
very low salary for investment company
No longer work here and I am forced to write a review
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 12, 2017
Everyone is very nice and will drop everything to help you...however, they are the equivalent to Subway in the investment community. Offices everywhere and let's be honest...if you have any sort of significant assets you shouldn't be with Edward Jones. Antiquated asset allocations.
Fall Financial Advisor Intern
Financial Advisor Fall Intern (Former Employee) –  Alpine, UTJanuary 10, 2017
Worked extensively with the branch office administrator. The advisor was available to help answer questions about the industry and position. Given opportunities each week to improve skills and learn.
Laid back Environment
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 4, 2016
Pretty cool place to work. Pay was pretty good and coworkers were cool also. Management do not breath down your neck. Typical hours 8-4:30. No weekends or holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.