Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Diversified, yet limited work environment
On Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 21, 2016
Does not give advancements, jobs are few to come across and the pay is horrible. I have learned a lot in the finance industry and met many new people.
Great business environment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coleman, TXNovember 20, 2016
Edward Jones is a great place to work. Pay and hours are reasonable and the benefits are outstanding. Much room for learnig new things in the financial world
Overall a great place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 21, 2016
My experience was a bit different than others in my position in that there was a lot of attrition of Advisors I worked with. Due to this fact my personal growth and upward motion was halted because of the instability of the branches I worked in.
That being said the job as a whole is an enjoyable one and the company takes care of its employees with great benefits and support teams with the corporate office.
Pros
The potential to earn firm/branch bonuses in a profitable branch over every trimester.
Cons
Due to 2 person model of branch offices the position in a slow office can be pretty isolating.
Productive culture
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJanuary 12, 2017
Although my office had many transitions through out the years, my office continued to run smoothly. I was allowed to manage the office and let the Financial Advisor focus on selling, exactly what they are licensed to do. The online training made me an expert on everything and the resources were limitless to get questions answered. Personal relationships with clients were amazing. What a great time I had helping people!
Pros
Fun opportunity to work independently
Cons
Lots of transitions in my office
Large company with a close family feel.
Intern/Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAOctober 7, 2016
My time at Edward Jones was both challenging and rewarding. Starting as an intern it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I was placed in front of many clients and prospects, and expected to be the confident face of the office by the time I took the position of Branch Office Administrator.

The position challenged my professional experience but ultimately prepared me to succeed in any environment. I am grateful for all I learned and the relationships and friends gained along the way.
Laid back Environment
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 4, 2016
Pretty cool place to work. Pay was pretty good and coworkers were cool also. Management do not breath down your neck. Typical hours 8-4:30. No weekends or holidays
Great Opportunity for the Best of the Best
Financial Advisor in Training (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, ILOctober 25, 2016
I really wanted this position, but the exam requirements are no joke. I loved the support and encouragement I received but I fell short. Ladies, there are very few of us in this company.
Pros
Paid training, great financial opportunities, great for self starters and motivated people
Cons
Training options didn't allow for an instructor for Series 7 or Series 66. All the self study, online videos was hard to adjust to for someone who hasn't needed to study in over 20 years.
Office Manager at Edward Jones
Senior branch office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNSeptember 15, 2016
I was the face and voice of Edward Jones as anyone came into or called the office. All duties of an office were performed with the exception of selling stocks, which were handled by the Financial Advisor. I was able to use my computer knowledge and skills in this job. Enjoyed seeing my clients come in and know that they were there to visit and felt important each time.
Pros
Met new people from all ages, conducted and organized seminars, and quarterly meetings with other Edward Jones offices in the surrounding areas
Cons
Supervisor of 10 years retiring
Great Firm
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2017
After 13 years with the firm, I believe it is a great place to work. As it has grown quickly, the atmosphere continues to work with how to keep a small firm feel with continued growth.
Was not a pleasant place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 12, 2016
The programming staff decides if they like you if they don't you are toast especially if you are over 40 years of age. A great deal of the software used here is installation specific to Edward Jones, developed at Edward Jones and there is steep learning curve. There is no talking or questions allowed.
Pros
The cafeterias have excellent food
Cons
co-workers can be rude and mean spirited
Thoughts from Sr. Branch Office Administrator
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 30, 2016
The company is a fairly good company. Your experience really depends on the type of financial adviser you work with. The firm likes to talk about the branches being a team but when it comes down to it they will side with the financial adviser no matter what.

Salary and benefits are decent. The company strives to do the best for their customers. The work is pretty mundane.
Fall Financial Advisor Intern
Financial Advisor Fall Intern (Former Employee) –  Alpine, UTJanuary 10, 2017
Worked extensively with the branch office administrator. The advisor was available to help answer questions about the industry and position. Given opportunities each week to improve skills and learn.
great company with lots of benefits
BOA (Current Employee) –  Springhill, LAAugust 19, 2016
Edward Jones is a great company to work for and has excellent benefits. They give out performance bonuses and yearly pay increases if you meet the requirements. Everyone is very professional and friendly.
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 29, 2017
They provide extensive training and support. Good environment for someone who is a self starter and has a dynamic, quality sales background. You must be able to have a good background on finances and help clients with solutions to their financial situations.
Pros
Dynamic people, bonus incentives
Cons
Life balance is a challenge
No where even remotely close to the experience I was expecting
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 22, 2016
I expected to work hard. Went to EJ thinking I was going to learn some very important sales & investing coaching, didn't happen. The local team is not in alignment with the chairman's vision of expanding the number of financial advisors.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
No longer work here and I am forced to write a review
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 12, 2017
Everyone is very nice and will drop everything to help you...however, they are the equivalent to Subway in the investment community. Offices everywhere and let's be honest...if you have any sort of significant assets you shouldn't be with Edward Jones. Antiquated asset allocations.
Rotational Development Program (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 24, 2016
Fun work environment, not very serious. A lot of post college kids just looking to make a paycheck. Doesn't take career growth very seriously.
Excellent Company
Licensed Regional Segment Leadership Training (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2017
This is a lovely company to work for. You will find that you are part of a family experience if you are selected to enter. This is a privately held firm, so the vetting process is extremely important to them!
Not that bad
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORFebruary 6, 2017
If you're looking for basic secretary pay but advanced secretary skills, here's your job.

Answering phones; greeting clients; purchasing supplies; purchasing annuity and life insurance contracts; buying and selling securities at direction of a financial advisor.
Flat Structure, Pros & Cons
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 3, 2016
Unless you are a financial advisor here there is no ability to advance within the structure of the company without relocating. Relationships here are very important as the two-person branch teams means that most of your interaction in a single day will be with one person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.