Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Quality Financial services Firm
Senior Network Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2015
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: slow, conservative pace of work in technology
For a financial services company, this is an excellent place to work, with an emphasis on work-life balance and individual responsibility. There is little to no micro-management, and they allow the individual to make a contribution. Highly conservative, perhaps to a fault when it comes to technology, they are consistent in their approach across the firm.
Excellent training and opportunity to begin your careers
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), SeattleApril 17, 2015
Pros: Full-time Office Adminitrator
Cons: commute
Prospect and market to obtain new clients

All types of investments and insurance. How to manage your own business.

Positive environment. Incredible support and encouragement by all leaders and advisors.

Awesome co-workers

Building business with no assets to start with

Training, learning new investments, the people
Two person office
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Avon, NYApril 17, 2015
I enjoy working for Edward Jones. The firm's policy regarding treatment of clients and employees is wonderful.
There are only two employees in the branch - the financial advisor and the branch office administrator.
Great place to work for a self-starter
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), TexasApril 16, 2015
Pros: Excellent management and training
Cons: it is a sales job
Excellent opportunity to run your own business how you see fit without having to incur the start-up costs. Great place to work!
Good Company but lacking benefits
Operations (Current Employee), Tempe ArizonaApril 15, 2015
Pay is lower than other similar jobs around town. Same job I have 22 miles away at another financial firm has a $6500 starting pay difference.

Firm has profit sharing bonuses but still does not bridge the gap of pay. Not really a bonus, just an addition to your base salary.

No maternity leave for my husband who works here as well.

$500 401k match only.

Strict dress code policy!

Firm has a solid culture and people will generally do what is right.
I worked in a wonderful office with a terrific enviroment
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Williston, NDApril 14, 2015
Pros: flexiable hours, good back office support
Cons: being part time no beniftis
Edward Jones taught me how important it is to provide excellent customer service and how in the long run people remember it and how you went the extra mile for them.
Was the fist job I could say I loved to go to every day.
Paying close attention to detail, for you were dealing with financial situations,and buying and selling of mutual funds/stocks
Hardest part of the job was at times certain things had to be bought or sold before the market closed , verify time sensitive
I worked at my first Edward Jones office for 3 years and I enjoyed getting to know all of the clients and them remembering me
I only worked part time at this office
Great place to work!
Helpdesk Support Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible.
Cons: Not Many full time positions anymore.
Edward Jones is a great place to work. They are flexible and family oriented. The people are always courteous and professional. There is a culture that promotes self growth.
Edward Jones
Financial Advisor Corporate Development Program (Former Employee), st louis, moApril 8, 2015
Gather investment leads from door to door solicitation. Prepare financial plans, educate clients based risk tolerance.

Selling investment process, the partnership culture.

Worked with other recent college graduates in the program to achieve the goals of the program.

Gathering assets.
Professional and productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), ST LOUIS, MOApril 7, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: N/A
Professional and productive work ethic. Educational and professional growth is provided, Would work there again. Exceptional management team.
Company Culture
Internship, Cost Basis (Current Employee), Des Peres, MOApril 4, 2015
The company culture at EDJ is very diverse and unique. They really value the advancement of their employees and promoting from within. They also support continuing of education by providing opportunities to go back to school.
Nice place to work
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2015
The work was enjoyable. My coworkers were great. The experienced I gained about investments and what it takes to properly secure your future was valuable.
Productive and well balanced company to work for.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Alamogordo, NMMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: None
Hardest part of the jobs is there is so many legal aspects to learn on how and what each person can and can not do.
Have not met any amployee at Edwatd Jones I have not just loved.
This company teaches you so much on Investments
Job is about connections
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Chippewa Falls, WIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Fun working with people.
Cons: Success is based on who you know/luck.
Very difficult to get yourself established. The company starts with two different tracts...you start with an established book, called Goodknight...or...you start from zero. HUGE difference in likelihood of success. Know that going into it. If you have a large and financially strong social structure, odds are vastly improved.
Supportive environment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: small office, work on your own
Great company to work for. Small office environment with opportunity to provide excellent customer service and get to know the clients on a personal basis. Supportive home office.
GOOD COMPANY BUT TERRIBLE FINANCIAL ADVISOR
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Waupaca, WIMarch 20, 2015
THE FINANCIAL ADVISOR IN THE BRANCH WAS VERY DEMEANING AND DEGRADING. tHE WORK WAS GOOD BUT THE FINANCIAL ADVISOR MADE IT TOUGH TO WORK IN THE OFFICE
Co shares in their profits with employees
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2015
Pros: friendly, professional, caring place to work
Cons: none
Jones is an excellent co to work for. They share profits with employees. Work place is very friendly, clean, smoke free & relaxed. I am applying for rehire as on call.

I can't say anything negative about Jones. It is a wonderful company to work for.
Great opportunity
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMarch 9, 2015
The opportunity is there. You just need to do the work to make it happen. It also should be the right time in your life to make it work.
Great training program at St. Louis MO and Tempe AZ
Internship Financial Advisor Edward Jones (Former Employee), Leander, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great training at the hqs
Cons: high wash out rate
Excellent training program to get your series 7 & 66 license, however local trainers are regular financial advisers with very interest in new trainees. Also its seems very political of who gets assets to manage and who gets what location to build their business.
Amazing company, Amazing people
On-call Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Stanford, KYMarch 1, 2015
Pros: hours, pay, culture, people
You won't find any where else that takes care of their employees and makes you feel at home I was clueless on how the company worked when I first started but in a matter of days the BOA and FA had me going great and they were great help. Amazing company and Amazing people.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015