Edward Jones Employee Reviews

ability to open your own branch office and run your business
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2017
They will pay you a salary until you grow your business. Great company trips awarded to those who qualify. Business strategy of door to door prospecting for clients is very difficult and your limited to only seeking clients in your local area.
Edward Jones
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 26, 2017
Can't say enough how great Edward Jones has been to my family and I. They took care of us for 6 years even while leaving multiple times on military leave.
Best Wealth Management Firm in the US
Limited Partner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2017
Edward Jones is the best retail wealth manager in the business. It provides the best training for its people and offers a diverse array of investment opportunities for clients. A top notch firm to work for and do business with.
Think out side the box.
Branch Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu HAwaiiJanuary 23, 2017
In this position our industry is vastly changing- I am always learning . more knowledge is good we can always help others by sharing. One must think out side the box sometimes in to get to the goal.
Very Client Oriented
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 22, 2017
Love working one on one with the Financial Advisor. We work as a team to make sure our clients are satisfied and their needs and goals are met. The most enjoyable part is really getting to know our clients, their families, likes and dislikes. Edward Jones, really cares about their employees and includes the Branch Office Administrators in all parts of the business.
Pros
Working as a team!
Cons
Have to pay out more for medical benefits.
Taking care of our clients in handling the investments to insure they have money to take care of them financially.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 21, 2017
Managing the office by setting appointments, preparing clients and advisor for financial reviews. Maintain neat recording keeping and filing of required information for insurance, annuities and Long term care sales. And the every day operations of the office making sure it runs smoothly.
Pros
Independent work environment
Enjoyed assisting and servicing clients with their financial investments.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia Falls, MTJanuary 19, 2017
Edward Jones is a solid company that rewards employees for their hard work and initiative.

The management at Edward Jones is actively involved in helping and assisting their employees to be successful.
Pros
Quarterly bonus.
Cons
2 person office; sometimes difficult to get time off work
Self Motivation a must
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 19, 2017
As a Branch Office Administrator, you are alone quite a bit so that the Financial Adviser can get customers. Answer phones, file, send out mailers, etc.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
Salary is not very good
Strange culture, not innovative, poor quality work in some departments
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJanuary 19, 2017
The salary for the co-workers (full time employees) is way below the standard. However, the balance of that are the quarterly bonuses (quarters are 3 times a year here too by the way). It is a also a partnership so, they are very aware of costs of everything and everyone. Full time employees will like the firm much more than contractors. If you are a contractor, this is not the place to be. Contractors are not treated well here. I had a few friends that were contractors and I really hated the way they were treated.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses for full time employees
Cons
Contractors are not treated well
Great people, and a great place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2017
Days were always full, the people were extremely knowledgeable, and there was never a dull, mundane day at the office. Management was very reliable, and worked well with others.
Helpful and exciting enviorment.
Customer Account Transfer Assoc. (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Expectations of management were realistic and communicated to us daily. The product line was well balanced and had something in every financial demographic. Great training with regular re training as needed.
Depends on which Branch you work at
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 12, 2017
Edward Jones is a great company. They are good to their employees. I just got with a micromanaging jerk of a bus. A major bean counter who thought he needed to do my job and his.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Micromanaging Investment Rep. (IR)
Good Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Medford, OR 97504January 12, 2017
This was a great company to work for and I recommend it to other applicants. Good job for people who are looking to have freedom in their schedule
Relaxed work environment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARJanuary 12, 2017
Enjoyed interacting with the clients. It's more personal when you can sit down and have a conversation with the clients.
fun place to work
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2017
this company was a fun plce to work, the only reason i am even typing right now is because indeed is forcing me to lol so this is the review that they get from me, they should ake this optional
Exciting and Stable place to work
Region Leader Sr. Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoy Edward Jones very much. But, there are no advancement opportunities. I have learned my job and do it very well. But, I'd like to do more and the opportunities just don't exist
Pros
You learn a lot about Finance, Budgeting and Retirement Planning
Cons
No real advancement opportunities
Productive culture
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJanuary 12, 2017
Although my office had many transitions through out the years, my office continued to run smoothly. I was allowed to manage the office and let the Financial Advisor focus on selling, exactly what they are licensed to do. The online training made me an expert on everything and the resources were limitless to get questions answered. Personal relationships with clients were amazing. What a great time I had helping people!
Pros
Fun opportunity to work independently
Cons
Lots of transitions in my office
very nice co to work for
Technical Specialist-Insurance Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 11, 2017
I really like the culture. I am looking to relocate Otherwise I would continue working for Edward Jones.
very friendly
management promotes and guide you to advance.
Pros
na
Branch Office Administrator
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 11, 2017
Working as a BOA at Edward Jones is a great experience. You get to work closely with the clients and the Financial Advisor and learn a lot from both of these entities. The pay is good and steady, it increases based on the work that you do individually, and the longer that you work there, the more benefits and time off you are given.
Fall Financial Advisor Intern
Financial Advisor Fall Intern (Former Employee) –  Alpine, UTJanuary 10, 2017
Worked extensively with the branch office administrator. The advisor was available to help answer questions about the industry and position. Given opportunities each week to improve skills and learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval