Edward Jones Employee Reviews in United States

Very serious, work environment
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 27, 2015
It was a job. The hours were not that accommodating to my current schedule with family life. The financial adviser I was assisting was not a great communicator. No real growth opportunities.
not a good enviroment to work in
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 26, 2015
somewhat unethical. if you dont adhear to their exact philosophy they will get rid of you no matter how well you are doing.

i wouldnt recommend anyone to work for them.

i wouldnt recommend anyone become a client of theirs
Job Opportunities for All
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2015
I feel that I am working with professionals that I can learn from and that they will push me to ... and in return it makes me feel good about myself and what I do for others.” ... “I like that I have room to grow within the company
Really good company to work for
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2015
Pretty good company I enjoy this company they are really good people and I enjoy working for them. I have no complaints for them.
I like my job, just no room for advancement
Branch Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, GaOctober 13, 2015
I have learned a lot at Edward Jones, I like my job, there is just not a lot of room for advancement there.
I make deposits and trades in clients accounts, ACH money to and from accounts; schedule appointments, research investments, and prepare paperwork for appointments with the financial advisor.The best part of my job is working with the clients.
Loved working here.
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAOctober 12, 2015
Loved the people at this job. Co-workers and management. It was just not enough hours. (only 20 hours a week). I learned to help clients with their transaction request.
Pros
Team unit. Treated like family
Cons
lnot enough hours weekly
Very productive and fast paced workplace
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 7, 2015
Very detail oriented and multi tasking keeps me busy throughout the day. Supervisors are very friendly and nice. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the client relationships you build.
Pros
Learning new things
Always looking for new recruits
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 5, 2015
Not a bad place to be if you are into the sales game. Felt a little misled when given an office as was supposed to be in charge of decision making, but was constantly being told from above what to sell and when. Felt like I had to be more worried about a quota rather than what was best for my customers. I guess it makes sense though when trying to oversee that many individual offices.
awesome experiance
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Murphysboro, ILSeptember 30, 2015
learnd a lot, great training. Large company and I liked it a lot a lot a lot

not leaving on bad terms just looking for something dfifferent
Laid back environment
Financial Advisor - Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2015
I will strongly recommend this training. I learnt scopes about the financial field. It was a time well spent. I learnt different financial tools. I just did not like the role of a financial advisor
Changing Atmosphere
Online Client Support - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 29, 2015
The firm as a whole is wonderful. The people are great and you get a sense that everyone is happy to help you and do not feel put off by your questions. They have very good benefits and recently made it so you get 3 weeks of vacation after only 3 years of tenure. Lots of very good resources are provided to the Financial Advisors in the field and to the home office employees.

With that said, there is an obvious shift in culture at the firm. It is moving a way from being focused on providing a culture around supporting its associates and being about doing what it takes to solve the client and branch problem and more toward metrics and numbers. Everything is more black and white at the firm where your effort doesn't count for much so long as you hit the required metrics. Overall employee satisfaction has taken a major hit in the last year. The firm sends out numerous communications with surveys attached each month which also causes associates to feel bombarded with a constant focus on "tell us how wonderful we are!" The message needs to be delivered in a different way so employees understand its the firms way of trying to find what they can do better and not a way to force answers from them.
Pros
benefits, the people around you
Cons
changing atmosphere
Lost Culture
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fayette MOSeptember 28, 2015
Somewhere in the growth phase under Jim Weddell, the firm began to loose its identity as it became the Wal-Mart of investing.
This is a great company!
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 23, 2015
This is an excellent company to work for! The two person environment with one BOA and one Financial Rep works so well for the client. It provides a great working atmosphere and also allows for learning opportunities as well!
Wonderful company to work for
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 23, 2015
Jones is a leader in the finance industry. Their employees are always taken care of and the help from others within the company is easily accessible. The hardest part of their business model is knocking on doors. If you can stomach that, then your career will be great.
I enjoyed the job.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 21, 2015
The IR is no longer working for them. We had a great working environment. I loved our customers and enjoyed what we could do for their investments. Personal connections were of great value!
Not Bad
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, COSeptember 20, 2015
Good education.
Somewhat lacking in support for their Financial Consultants.
Lead generation is requirements are too rigid.
Financial Planning
Financial Advisor in Training (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNSeptember 17, 2015
Great company to work for, however I was not used to the sales culture and joined the company when investing was a struggle for many due to downturn in economy.
Great and professional policies and prodedures
Branch Office Administrator - On Call (part time) (Current Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJSeptember 15, 2015
Wonderful people and clients. Office is professional and people are very patient and are hard working. Dedicated and loyal. Wish there was more opportunity with advancement.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not enough opportunity
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 15, 2015
Great company to work for, but very difficult to start. In the end, just wasn't a good fit for me. If you are into sales and finance then this will probably be a great fit for you.
If you put the work in, you will see the results.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 13, 2015
Working at Edward Jones, as a financial advisor, has an unlimited upside potential if you are willing to put the work in to get there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.