Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Series 7 & 66 Student- FA Trainee
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee), Providence, RIDecember 20, 2014
My journey with Edward Jones began in July 2014, first attending an orientation panel as an introduction to the FA opportunity. This 5 month hiring process was unique compared to past positions because the company is very much driven on finding not only qualified candidates, but built just as much on hiring good people. They have an outstanding system and culture and was fortunate enough to get to know many people in the organization such as principals, financial advisors, and branch administrators.

They implement a very rigorous training program so new persons can acquire their Series 7 license in approximately 5 weeks followed by their Series 66 by the 8th week of hire. I actively met the required daily activities as set forth by their study course and have since a strong understanding of the examinations. However, because the Series 7 can only be taken up to 3 times it was best to separate on good terms prior to my first test attempt (5 days following my separation) because its more important to enter the exam fully confident and pass the first time vs. being not 100% certain.

Though only there 1 month the hiring process and the relationships I made the past 6 months are ones I look forward to building further in the future, as a peer at another firm within the industry.
Great company to start a career as an investment advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCDecember 10, 2014
Pros: regional support
Cons: door to door prospecting
Our goal was to make 25 contacts per day with potential prospects by going door to door within an assigned territory. We would follow up with these prospects in the near future with focused call sessions to better identify their financial needs and to offer tailored solutions.

The training program is primarily focused on how to prospect and very little is concentrated on the product knowledge that we as advisors need to make the recommendations that are in the best interest of our clients.

One benefit of working for Edward Jones is that there is no micromanagement. Each advisor has the resources of the home office and the freedom to build their practice however they see fit.
In addition, the majority of the senior advisors within my region were happy to meet with new advisors and offer their expertise and business building techniques.

The most difficult part of the job was going door to door. In this day and age, people are very reluctant to provide sensitive information, such as their finances, to a stranger walking through their neighborhood.
Beacuse the door to door activity was so time consuming, it was difficult to prospect through other avenues, for example, civic organizations, personal networking, seminars, etc.

Although going door to door proved an inefficient method for prospecting, I believe the activity helped facilitate the understanding of how difficult it can be to build a business in the Financial Services industry. Advisors utilizing the door to door technique inevitably develop a thicker skin and are more adept to overcoming objections. Because of this, I believe Edward Jones is a great place for someone starting out in the industry.
Review
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), San DiegoNovember 20, 2014
Pros: work independently, continuous learning, and medical benefits
Cons: if you work for a financial advisor you don't get along with it can be the worse place to work for.
It's a great position in the company when you are starting out to gain knowledge and experience in finance and investments. If you don't mind the minimal pay you get. You work independently for the most part but you are always learning something new and there is e-training that helps you. A typical day at work would be checking your email, daily meeting with Financial Advisor, answering phones, setting appointments, maintaining administrative documents, transferring assets to and from accounts.
A great job
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Decatur, GANovember 20, 2014
I have loved my time at Edward Jones. Sadly I have moved up the ladder as much as possible and it's time for a new adventure. I would love a company that I believe in and a job that is project based. Event planing is my favorite part of my job.
Edward Jones
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2014
Pros: great community atmosphere, great ce and communication
Cons: the potential for advancement is not strong
A typical day at E.J. begins with a Relevant Report Status which informs all compliance analysts of things to look for and situations which could put the firm at risk. Broker activity is the primary topic of these reports.

My education at E.J. is continuing as they provide good payment for C.E. as well in house tutorials, lectures and procedural updates.

Everything at E.J. is team based which works well as all "team members" are encouraged to share information, successes, failures etc. while the team leaders takes the relevant information and forwards this information to the team leaders and managers of other departments so they are able to continually update and improve the entire system.

The co-workers are the hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job. It's difficult to continually have to pick up the slack for those who either don't do their job, are continually sick, or those that flat out don't know what their doing. But at the same time the camaraderie is great.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: prospecting door to door
Working with my clients! They are the most important thing to me.
Very beneifical
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Sumter, SCNovember 18, 2014
Very well organized environment. I gained a lot of management experience. My co-workers were very easy going, there was nothing hard about this job, and the most enjoyable part of theis job was interacting with the clients.
Benefits are great and hours are good
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MINovember 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: small offices and poor communication with immediate supervisor
Learned how to manage money and how stock markets work
Made many friends of my clients and enjoyed being able to help them reach their retirement goals.
Difficulty sometimes dealing with people when market prices are going down. Having to reassure that time in the market with prevail and most times when market is down that is a time to buy.
Setting up events and meeting new perspective clients in a variety of events.
Productive, TeamPlayer, Fast Paced
Help Desk Support (Current Employee), St. Louis, MissouriNovember 11, 2014
I work part-time from home. My day starts at 7:00 and I am done working by noon. From the time I log onto the phones, I am troubleshooting computer problems from, remote access, printers, telephones, VDI issues, software applications, etc. I work in a very fast past environment and multi-tasking is a requirement in this position. I enjoy problem solving, working with my peers, as well as working for my customers. My employment in IS very challenging and the environment is always changing, which makes my day go by faster. There is never a dull moment working in IS.
Labor Intensive Work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Hinesville, GANovember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent management, networking possibilities
Cons: labor extensive work
I worked as a personal assistant for the representative of the office, filling tasks ranging from yard work to office tasks such as filing and managing. I often travelled using my personal vehicle or business vehicles to fulfill certain tasks.
Great Opportunity for the Door Knocker
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 5, 2014
Pros: unlimited earning potential, diversification trips, and investment products.
Cons: trick-or-treating, except they don't expect you and they aren't giving out candy.
Edward Jones is a great place to work for, or so I hear. You need to get to the 5+ year mark with Edward Jones for it to be worth it. Until then a typical day involves some of the hardest work you'll ever do.

If you don't like going door-to-door then I strongly encourage you to look for another firm because that's what the first 5 years of your career will involve. Yes, you heard me correctly, their business model involves you going out into a neighborhood and knocking on peoples doors. You want to get know the people in your community and what better way to accomplish that then showing up on their doorstep.

The training and culture are pretty great and if you are willing to suffer through the door knocking then you'll have a fantastic career with great benefits (co-workers and compensation).

Essentially, it all comes down to this question, can you knock on 10,000 doors? That's not an exaggeration. If you can, then get ready for an amazing career you won't regret. If you can't, run.
Retirement Specialist
Retirement Specialist / Flex Service Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: compensation below market in general
• Provide world class customer service to branches via Branch Office Assistants and Financial Advisors with excellent follow up in creating CDs and binders for clients
• Document processing for new/amended qualified plans for our business employer client
• Created large Training Manual binder for Retirement Specialist Team
• Coach and train contractors for our team with heavy year end work volume
• Professional telephone etiquette experience with branches and coworkers
• Excellent followup and productivity. Exceeds Expectations for quality reviews.
Great training and support provided
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Campbell, CANovember 4, 2014
Great training for licenses and sales
Be prepared to go door to door to make contacts the first several months or longer
Coworkers are very supportive
Great culture
Nice company, with opportunities to grow.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2014
Large financial services company, with branch offices throughout the country.
Excellent employee and client service, little room for advancement outside of relocating to St Louis
Licensed Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Alachua County FLOctober 19, 2014
Profiled and analyzed investment products and client services to develop customized financial strategies for client’s financial needs. Consistently received an internal audit score of 90 % or higher. Developed and implemented client service programs and marketing strategies. Daily executed security transactions and banking services for clients. Maintained friendly and professional client interactions at all times. Performed general office management tasks.
Excellent Organization
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2014
An excellent company. Great starting salary and benefits, especially for veterans.

Great positive workforce and culture.

The hardest part of the job was starting your branch office. It is hard but rewarding work.
Excellent company to work for
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the customers.
Financial
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: nice bonus
Being a Branch Office Administrator. Getting to meet the clients, assisting the clients.
Great company with a positive work environment.
Branch Office Manager (Current Employee), Sebastopol, CAOctober 12, 2014
Excellent company with great benefits. Work one on one with a financial advisor as a team.
productive company
BOA- Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Billings, MTOctober 6, 2014
Pros: learned alot
Cons: in office by my self
This job is only for those that can handle being in an office by them self or with just one other person.

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Salaries