Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employer Reviews

Asset Management
Technology Lifecycle Analyst II (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 5, 2014
• Worked in the Asset Management arena.
• Created reports in Hyperion and transferring data over to Excel and manipulating it according to what management wants to see.
• Possess extensive knowledge in Excel; pivot tables, v-lookups, and charts.
• Handled approximately 30 reports, on a daily, weekly and monthly basis many for other departments for compliance – more... reason.
• Took care of 4 warehouse yearly physical inventories, making sure all assets were accounted for.
• Conducted cycle counts of the warehouses on a weekly basis checking on a device a week making sure Edward Jones count matches what the warehouse has and that all assets were where they should be.
• Created reports on an ad hoc basis as needed by management or other departments.
• Created process flows for each area within the Asset Management Department.
• Assisted and led projects on an as needed basis.
• Created a dashboard, combining all reports into one high level snapshot for upper management.
• Managed recovering unused or broken equipment from branches to be repaired by the warehouse and put back in the field. – less
Great place to work for the right type of person
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: hard to knock on doors to meet clients
-Knocking on doors
-Creating Financial Solutions for clients
-Help people's financial lives
Wonderful people work at Edward Jones
Administrative Assistant - Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: bonus, event for employees
Cons: benefits could be better
I really enjoyed working at Edward Jones. The employees are the nicest people I ever met.
Excellent Company
Intern - Wealth Management (Former Employee), Kingston, RIJanuary 29, 2014
Loved working here. The culture, the hours, the challenges. It will only make you a more valuable employee.
The job is marketed as better than it really is.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: hours, pay, conflicting communication with management, and few upfront benefits.
The hours were long and hard, and there wasn't much room for creativity. They have their method, and you may not vary from it much at all. Hardest part of the job is the pay, which requires you to work 80 hours a week to barely scrape by. I enjoyed learning about securities, investments, and meeting people.
A company with solid, earnest roots that needs to slow down growth for roots to catch up
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), McMinnville, TNJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: no set hours, as long as financial advisors make monthly goals and is on track, he/she is left alone to run their business
Cons: personal relationships with clients became less important, due to corporate demands and bureaucratic guidelines
Edward Jones culture and philosophy is to be respected and has clients' interest at the very top. Although asked repeatedly to become a publicly traded company, we have remained a limited partnership due to our fore father and most influential advisor, the son of the original namesake, Edward Jones Jr or "Ted." He brought Wall Street to Main Street – more... by knocking on doors in rural areas in Missouri, and still to this day, all new financial advisors do the same. As much respect I have for the company, I do feel that focus has shifted from it's original 'slow and steady' pace to over-emphasizing growth. No longer are we interested in young, spirited candidates for hire, but seasoned and experienced veterans. Certainly, it seems obvious as the correct business move, but it also elicits a move towards those who were ultimately unable to sustain themselves during the roughest of times pre- March 09, 2009 when the market finally walked through Death Valley before returning. I most certainly could be and hope I am wrong; I've not been invited to research the financial stability of the company. If it continues to adhere to Ted Jones' original conservative and patient values, then I'd bet Edward Jones continues to breathe, expanding and retracting as necessary to allow a living being to thrive. – less
For Go-Getters
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2014
Fast paced. Need excellent time management/time blocking skills to manage your day and responsibilities
I never even had a chance to do my job.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), North Branford, CTJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: don't know
Cons: hard for women to advance.
So here's the thing about Edward Jones; if you work in a small office (ie, two people), and your Financial Advisor quits, you may as well begin looking for a new job. I was with Edward Jones for four months. Within my second week, my boss quit and left the company. That left me sitting at a desk with the door closed and locked for 40 hours/week. I couldn't – more... take any calls, process any transactions, I just sat there.

I worked as a Branch Office Administrator, which is a very fancy name for a Secretary or Administrative Assistant. Speaking with other "BOA"s that were around locally, all of them women, they all said the same thing: the corporate office encourages women to become Financial Advisors (that's where the real money is), however if you were to ask may of the FA's in our area about these women advancing, they laughed. It's quite disheartening.

I did not enjoy my time at Edward Jones because I was never given the opportunity to show what I could do. I was told after 4 months that I was to be laid off because they couldn't find a new FA to take over the office, and by that point I had already begun searching for a new job. – less
It is a great company.
Branch Associate (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 21, 2014
We were busy and had ongoing training at all times. The clients, staff and company in general are great. We were in the top companies to work for listing in our local newspaper. It was a little bit hard to keep up with training. It was great to have access to endless training in the company.
Review
Financial Planner/Intern (Former Employee), Chatham, NJJanuary 16, 2014
Great company and people to work with on a daily basis. Awesome information about companies and the stocks.
Great job that is not for everyone
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), San DiegoJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day at work: Going out meeting clients at their doorstep.
What you learned: Portfolio management and client creation.
Management: Motivating.
Your co-workers: Highly Supportive.
The hardest part of the job: Client creation through meeting people door to door.
The most enjoyable part of the job is: helping clients.
Nice place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Kaukauna, WIJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: good hours, awesome hq support, great training, procedures are the same in each office
Cons: can be stressful
Home office is very helpful in training and assisting when a problem occurs. Being an on-call, I have found that almost all of the Financial advisers are friendly and nice to work for. All the computers are the same and all work with the same program so it is easy to work in different offices in the area.
Best Training Oriented
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), North Port, FLJanuary 8, 2014
Edward Jones has the best training program for Financial Advisors and preparing them to build their business.
Work Independently
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), :os Alamos, NMJanuary 5, 2014
Learned how to introduce self and then follow up for a sales cycle
Investment brokerage focused upon individualinvestors and small business owners
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Gambrills, MDJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: the company's conservative reputation
Cons: the companies hypocracy with regard to investing strategies
-Contacts - 25/day avg. minimum.
-Exposed to heavy prospecting requirements
-Management was not interested in local climate issues. Zero peer support.
-Dealing with remote individuals with no field experience telling us what we should have done and not listening to what it takes.
-The people who were interested in learning about how to better manage – more... their assets and plan for their future were great to work with. – less
Really value their employees
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMJanuary 3, 2014
Good company to work for, but it will take you a couple of years to really get the income steadily coming in.
High-pressure especially in down-markets
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CADecember 29, 2013
Pros: learned a lot about investing
Cons: pressure of stock market activity
Start early - stay late. Clients were the best part of the job. Management was demanding.
Summer Internship
University Recruiting Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 27, 2013
Pros: great people to work with, meet alot of veteran fas
Cons: none at this time
I worked for this company while in high school and first few years in college during the summer months. Great leadership here, most of my good mentors come from this place. Was given great projects, and big responsibilities
Serving clients and valuing employees
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 27, 2013
Pros: extensive network of help and training available at all times
Cons: misinformation and confusion coming from so many sources
Edward Jones really is all about serving the client. My typical day involved phone calls, making appointments, processing clients' accounts, and communicating with the home office. Most offices have only two people working in them, the financial advisor and branch office administrator. Edward Jones values employees and feels very family oriented.
Part-time Temporary basis
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 23, 2013
Pros: steady employment
Cons: pay
Edward Jones is a great employer. But in my opinion, they do not compensate enough for their field office BOA positions.

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Photos