Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Varying atmospheres depending on office
On-Call Business Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 11, 2017
Edward Jones is a great company! Working with various office as an On-Call BOA is challenging but very rewarding. It has afforded me the chance to broaden my skills in office work.
Decent place to work.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Prescott, WISeptember 10, 2017
Decent place to work.Highly recommend working here. I had a pleasant experience working here for three years. anyone looking for a stable career should consider Edward Jones.
Great place to work. Relaxed.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Booneville, ARSeptember 9, 2017
Great place to work. Great boss. Training was great. Held to a high standard of no mistakes. Work was reviewed by SEC. Low key environment with low stress.
Pros
Great pay and boss
Cons
complying with SEC rules that you don't know about
Stressful and unfriendly environment
Branch Office Trainee (Former Employee) –  Sandwich, ILSeptember 8, 2017
I just was not a good fit. More demanding than I could handle.Hardest part was meeting my bosses expectations of perfection. It was not the company itself, it was the individual office I was hired in, consisting of one fulltime Branch Administrator of 10 years and one Certified Financial Advisor. Their workplace culture was them on the inside and myself on the outside.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Bad office environment
Just beware, it is not anywhere near the ratings they say.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2017
I have worked in the corporate world for over 18 years. I have never witnessed/experienced a calculated HOSTILE environment before, I did here in STL.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else. GP's are everything and if you are not one, you are dirt!
I really enjoyed working at Edward Jones
AREA COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work. The culture of kindness and focus on results was very rewarding. If only the compensation philosophy valued non-Financial Advisor associates more, I would still be there.
Good Company
Branch Office Administrator (On Call) (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2017
As an On Call, I fill in when needed at local branches. Primary responsibilities include answering phones, managing client meetings with FA, maintaining branch records. Company provides great training and support.
Pros
Training
Cons
No advancment or benefits as an on call
Run Away..... Unless you have an insider
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 5, 2017
Each region is able to make up their own rules. SO company policy does not mean a thing. You are strictly an asset gatherer and nothing else. That is all they train you in. '

If you have an insider pulling you through, it is a gravy train. If not, you sit on the sidelines and watch liars and cheaters get ahead because they know someone.
Still work there
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 2, 2017
can't give details right now - Edward Jones is good to work for and not all branches are ran the same way. I am sure there are good Financial Advisors out there.
Good company. Good people
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 1, 2017
This was a temporary job but I learned a lot. Great support from the main office. Great people. There is the sense of "Big Brother" watching over you and they are very strict with rules.
the old guard
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 31, 2017
Jones will have to travel to the present to become a company I would consider working for again. Unfortunately, they have older world views and practices and cannot keep up with today's demands from advisors or clients.
Solid business model, stressful
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 31, 2017
It was a privilege to work with this particular investment firm, I left for a reason concerning ethical treatment of clients on the part of Edward Jones. When I raised concerns in dealing with a particular client who had been missed treated by another financial advisor, I was told to remain silent concerning the matter to avoid a potential investigation by FINRA.
Pros
Health cars, flexible hours
Cons
Stressful environment
Eh
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILAugust 30, 2017
Good work life balance. Good benefits. Typically challenges to motivate you. Depending on your position usually willing to work with your schedule..
Good place to work - ability to earn as much as you want.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 28, 2017
Good leadership. It is a good place to work - career opportunities and ability to learn. Placed value in their employees and treated with respect. Overall, good organization.
Good solid organization
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 27, 2017
Well organized, ethical, organization. Great training programs. Tough first few years for new investment advisers. Made it though recession well - that says a lot in this industry.
Stressful as a new advisor with no assets
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  iowaAugust 27, 2017
Good culture but many hours and low pay in the beginning. I believe this would have improved if my family didn't have to move and I had to take a different job.
good basic investment services
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAAugust 26, 2017
found working at Edward Jones to be fair but limited in products for all clients. it is a stressful selling environment. If you don't make goals you are gone no questions asked.
Pros
good software, good systems, good arrangement of stock information
Cons
meet goals or are out the door
management
On-call Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 25, 2017
I would go in and greet and help clients with what they needed. I would set appoints with their financial advisor. I would call the clients to remind them of their appointments that were coming up with their advisor.
Pros
i got to work with the public in an office enviroment
Cons
i was let go cause not working much.
I cherished the clients I worked with
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 25, 2017
Working at Edward Jones was a great learning experience. I learned so much about the investment business, and thouroughly enjoyed all of the clients that walked thru the door. I made some lasting friendships in them! I was well compensated in salary and benefits, and the was the opportunity to advance if I wanted it. The hardest part was during the stock market ups and downs, and trying to reassure clients the best I could.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation, time off
Cons
High stress
Very secluded and slow paced.,
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 23, 2017
The set up of one financial advisor and one assistant is a poor arrangement for running a financial advisor firm. No accountability for the advisor and many are very lazy. The pay is very poor and the expectations are very high.
Pros
A lot of free time in the office.
Cons
Very boring, work can be completed in the first hour in the office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.