Edward Jones Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed working at Edward Jones
AREA COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work. The culture of kindness and focus on results was very rewarding. If only the compensation philosophy valued non-Financial Advisor associates more, I would still be there.
Good Company
Branch Office Administrator (On Call) (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2017
As an On Call, I fill in when needed at local branches. Primary responsibilities include answering phones, managing client meetings with FA, maintaining branch records. Company provides great training and support.
Pros
Training
Cons
No advancment or benefits as an on call
Run Away..... Unless you have an insider
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 5, 2017
Each region is able to make up their own rules. SO company policy does not mean a thing. You are strictly an asset gatherer and nothing else. That is all they train you in. '

If you have an insider pulling you through, it is a gravy train. If not, you sit on the sidelines and watch liars and cheaters get ahead because they know someone.
Still work there
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 2, 2017
can't give details right now - Edward Jones is good to work for and not all branches are ran the same way. I am sure there are good Financial Advisors out there.
Good company. Good people
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 1, 2017
This was a temporary job but I learned a lot. Great support from the main office. Great people. There is the sense of "Big Brother" watching over you and they are very strict with rules.
the old guard
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 31, 2017
Jones will have to travel to the present to become a company I would consider working for again. Unfortunately, they have older world views and practices and cannot keep up with today's demands from advisors or clients.
Solid business model, stressful
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 31, 2017
It was a privilege to work with this particular investment firm, I left for a reason concerning ethical treatment of clients on the part of Edward Jones. When I raised concerns in dealing with a particular client who had been missed treated by another financial advisor, I was told to remain silent concerning the matter to avoid a potential investigation by FINRA.
Pros
Health cars, flexible hours
Cons
Stressful environment
Good place to work - ability to earn as much as you want.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 28, 2017
Good leadership. It is a good place to work - career opportunities and ability to learn. Placed value in their employees and treated with respect. Overall, good organization.
Good solid organization
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 27, 2017
Well organized, ethical, organization. Great training programs. Tough first few years for new investment advisers. Made it though recession well - that says a lot in this industry.
Stressful as a new advisor with no assets
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  iowaAugust 27, 2017
Good culture but many hours and low pay in the beginning. I believe this would have improved if my family didn't have to move and I had to take a different job.
good basic investment services
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAAugust 26, 2017
found working at Edward Jones to be fair but limited in products for all clients. it is a stressful selling environment. If you don't make goals you are gone no questions asked.
Pros
good software, good systems, good arrangement of stock information
Cons
meet goals or are out the door
management
On-call Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 25, 2017
I would go in and greet and help clients with what they needed. I would set appoints with their financial advisor. I would call the clients to remind them of their appointments that were coming up with their advisor.
Pros
i got to work with the public in an office enviroment
Cons
i was let go cause not working much.
I cherished the clients I worked with
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 25, 2017
Working at Edward Jones was a great learning experience. I learned so much about the investment business, and thouroughly enjoyed all of the clients that walked thru the door. I made some lasting friendships in them! I was well compensated in salary and benefits, and the was the opportunity to advance if I wanted it. The hardest part was during the stock market ups and downs, and trying to reassure clients the best I could.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation, time off
Cons
High stress
Very secluded and slow paced.,
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 23, 2017
The set up of one financial advisor and one assistant is a poor arrangement for running a financial advisor firm. No accountability for the advisor and many are very lazy. The pay is very poor and the expectations are very high.
Pros
A lot of free time in the office.
Cons
Very boring, work can be completed in the first hour in the office.
Financial services
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
Your own boss, good systems and training. Management left us alone unless conflicts raised. Culture good, but tracking FA's was too slow, could have moved income to the people doing well sooner than later. Knocking on doors was a challenge.
Pros
good training
Cons
Achieveing commisson was too slow
A nice slow paced environment.
ON Call BOA (Former Employee) –  HelotesAugust 23, 2017
This was a part time job of On Call BOA's which "manned" the office in absence of the full time personel. Most Edward Jones offices are a one person office.
It was a nice experience.
Contract Position
RECRUITING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work! Employees have excellent management and work/life balance. Contractors were treated with respect and given an opportunity to contribute to the success of the business.
Edward Jones treats is employees well.
Business Office Administrator (on-call) (Former Employee) –  Benonville, ARAugust 18, 2017
I worked on-call so my hours were not regular. The work was challenging and interesting and the pay was fair. I worked in various offices, filling in for the BOA that was absent.
unethical
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 15, 2017
As a Branch office administrator your concerns are not taken seriously. If you report Unethical behavior it is dismissed because the financial advisor is the one bringing the funds into the firm. Bullying is not discouraged and actually the way it is handled almost encourages them Financial Advisor to continue to bully. Would not recommend
great place to work, overall
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 15, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my ten years with Edward Jones. They are extremely ethical and really strive to deliver excellent service to their clients. The culture is very supportive and positive. I worked with many great people, both co-workers and clients. I felt I had the opportunity to make a positive difference in peoples lives and that means a lot to me. Unfortunately, the pay scale for this position is very low and raises are low as well. This job requires are great deal of responsibility, skills, relationship building, and professionalism and I don't feel the compensation reflects that.
Pros
excellent culture, great benefits, wonderful clients
Cons
pay scale and raises very low, no opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.