Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employer Reviews

hard nerve wrecking environment
Executive Assistant to CFO (Former Employee), Delaware, PAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free car service
Cons: short breaks
Constantly busy. The job was very demanding especially when the market was crashing. Staff was very busy therefore had little time to give details regarding tasks. The hours were long. Loved the excitement when stocks were up.
Solid company with good ethical values.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 31, 2013
Edward Jones has been good to me for the 4 years I have worked here. Their benefits, training, and support have been my favorite aspects of the company.
This is a company that cares about it's employees and their families. Good benefits.
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee), Columbia, MSJuly 24, 2013
Pros: paid vacation and holidays. family atmosphere.
Cons: can't think of any, you have busy days and slow days.
A typical day involves coresponding with clients. You are responsible with managing their accounts, helping the Financial Advisor maintain accounts, issue checks, make appointments and welcoming the client into the office.
A Great Job
Branch Office Administrator (On - Call) (Current Employee), Bastrop, TXJuly 22, 2013
This job is so wonderful but, unfortunately, I am a student and cannot work 8-5 everyday. Also, I need a more secure job because I am only an on-call. The experience has been great and I have more customer service skills as well as computer skills. The clients and the people I work with are fantastic. A+ company.
The training program was very thorough.
Financial Advisory Trainee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2013
Edward Jones displayed interest in the qualities I possess as soon as I graduated from college. I was employed and began the training program in December 2012. It lasted a month and towards the end of January 2013, I prepared to take the Series 7 Industry Exam. Throughout the training program, I received adequate help from the organization as well as – more... the online modules that were available to me. It is a very challenging and effective program. – less
Job Detail
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 18, 2013
Financial Advisor Trainee, Frederick, MD 03/12 – 09/12
 Selling to clients
 Gained a strong understanding and training in how to best advise clients for their needs.
Branch Office Administrator, Hagerstown, MD 05/10 – Present
 Selling to clients
 Completed Financial Advisor training
 Completed Branch Office Administrator training
Best financial firm to work for.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 18, 2013
Great people that really want to see you succeed. The career is rewarding if you can get past the first 3 years with very little pay.
Low pay, High work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 14, 2013
EDJ is a great stepping stone. You will put in long hours and many years with low pay before being able to step into new opportunities. They prefer employees to do the work of 2-3 levels up before actually giving you the title or pay. I learned so much and don't regret it, but would never go back. Plus, diversity it their weakest point. Everyone looks – more... the same at the top including higher level management. – less
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Auburn, INJuly 12, 2013
Learned more about the Stock Market.
Had office meeting every week.
Ok place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge LAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: make my own hours
Cons: no direction or real training in the trenches
There is not really much direction with regards to the actual computer programs and product knowledge required for the job.
Learn something new everyday
Branch Office Assistant (Current Employee), Maryville, TNJuly 9, 2013
Pros: the hours
There is always something new to learn in the investment field.
I learn a lot about my clients.
Every day is different
Busy environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Delaware, PAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: free carfare
Cons: too many long hours
Started at 8:00 am and left at 8:00 pm
Learned a lot about finance
Management was tough yet caring
My co-workers were very helpful
Was telling customers they have lost money
was giving clients good news about their investments
great for right personality
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2013
Pros: potentially good money, helping people
Cons: doorknocking, have to be pushy
Great company, even better people, but the worst work you will ever have to do in your life. Someone said it best, hardest $60k you will ever make easiest 200k. Investing other peoples life savings in an unpredictable environment is stressful. This job is 100% agressive sales for first three years so don't fool yourself.
Excellent place to work.
Sr. Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2013
Edward Jones was a delightful firm to work for. The work environment was very professional and co-workers gel pleasantly together.

I don't feel anything was hard about my job but at time was challenging, however, that was the great part of the job having something to challenge your work abilities.

I was highly impressed by the teamwork my department – more... shared when work load got heavy for ones desk.

Edward Jones is an excellent place to work. – less
Great company to work for
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Hampton, GAJune 30, 2013
One of the best company to work for, with a great study program. The employment process was very stringent and the time commitment in the start is hectic but after those hurdles excellent work life balance and they really do take care of their employees.
Conservative and ethical company
Senior Office Administrator (Former Employee), Forney, Kaufman, Rockwall and other officesJune 29, 2013
Pros: love working as a support person, and providing help to the region. received limited partnership, 401k, commission free days for associates
Cons: 2 person office, little room for promotion
Great opportunity to learn about securities and insurance products, provide support for financial advisors and work with the public. I enjoyed teaching clients and new advisors and office administrators
Has a great reputation,
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlJune 13, 2013
Pros: excellent training for the series 7 and 66
Cons: little real help to succeed, they keep all the assets you bring in, and they threaten you about contacting clients
However, not everything they tell you is the complete story. To succeed you will have to work 6 days a week 13 hour days, at least 3 years. If you are given assets to begin with the road is easier . The famous door knocking is very unproductive in gaining clients.

A typical day consists og lots of phone calls. I did most of mine in the morning. Very – more... few people at home and lots of answering machines. My Field training consisted of a 30 minute meeting with my assigned Field Trainer who reviewed a few things, said if you need me call me, Go knock on doors.

They did not follow the Field Training schedule, at all, so I was forced to just learn things on my own.

Forget about work/life balance for three to 5 years, its all Edward Jones. Yo are on your own to make the business work. There are resources to answer questions and help with things, but that takes a great deal of time out of your day. When my numbers fell below the acceptable mark of 49%, I had to write a Performance Improvement Plan to explain my plan to improve. I faxed it to four people. I don't think anybody read it. It was make $18,500 in commissions in the next four months or we will discuss an employment decision (fire you). And that is just what they did, in a two minute phone call: "we have decided on seperation, as of this moment you are no longer employed by Edward Jones. May I remind you tha you cannot make any contact with your former clients. Thats right Whatever assets you brought in Edward Jones keeps and tells you to hit the road.

Not a great company to work for. – less
Great Company to work for
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCJune 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits, health, vision, dental, vacation & sick days, etc., phenomenal home office
Cons: one girl office. can become long days if you're a "people person"
I loved working for this company as a Branch Office Administrator. In fact, I loved it so much - I am now an "On Call" BOA, which allows me to work when I want and with whom I want. Lots of benefits, training and wonderful people.
Great company but the business model is not conducive to an Urban environment like San Francisco, CA
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2013
Pros: knowledge learned of the financial industry
Cons: working conditions, business model for an urban environment, salary
I prospected for clients by going door to door and trying to gain the trust of would be clients. I learned about the Financial Industry and what products to offer clients based on their risk tolerance. I loved the knowledge that I learned but got into it just before the Economic Recession of recent years. I earned my Series 7 and 66 licenses, as well – more... as my Life, Health, and Annuity licenses necessary to sell Financial Instruments. The business was lonely and I was completely on my own. I worked out of my home until an office opened up for me to take over. This made it difficult for me to gain clients and build trust for them to entrust me with their financial future. – less
People-centric company with great benefits
Digital Marketing (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 28, 2013
Pros: great compensation, job security, culture
Cons: management closed-minded about taking risks, lots of people to include in decision-making
EJ is a great American company. I would recommend it to anyone who desires a safe and comparatively high salary and a healthy company culture. The firm is growing at a steady pace, and there is lots of room for advancement. There are very few cons, but one is that there are SO many people, and everyone needs to be included in decision-making processes. – more... In addition, the company culture is almost too conservative. They tend to be averse to risk-taking and some new ideas. Despite these, EJ is undoubtedly one of the best places to work in the country. – less

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more

Edward Jones Photos