Edward Jones

Edward Jones Employer Reviews

Great Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2014
The company is wonderful to work for and provides every bit of training needed to successfully obtain series 7 and 66 licenses
Class room and home study program
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2014
Amazing company to work for. Always felt as if part of the team. Worked with regional leaders and general partners daily.
Too much pressure on their advisors
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 23, 2014
80% of adviser are get fired in first 2 years.
Too much pressure on advisor to meet the expectation
Great Place to Work
Study Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOMarch 18, 2014
Amazing culture and training. Co-workers collaborate well and it is an enjoyable place to be employed.
Tough Starting
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), North CarolinaMarch 17, 2014
Tough to sale financial services door to door. Starting with no client is difficult especially when most clients in your footprint already work with a Edward Jones Advisor.
Great learning and professional experience
Branch Office Administrator- On Call (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 16, 2014
Has been a great experience where I have learned the importance of professional appearance, confidentiality, paying attention detail and learning client rapport.
Loved Our Client Apprecation Dinners
Marketing support tasks (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: 2 day training with a great lunch.
Cons: non
*Great Company to work for.
*We always had training modules and support from corporate. _Always look forward to going to work.
Cultural and Client Focused
Compliance Resolution-Complaint Investigations (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: compensation
Working at Edward Jones has been a huge blessing to my professional development. They encourage associate advancement and fostered a professional culturally diverse and exciting environment to work in. I have grown through three divisions of experience (Compliance,Training, Operations) to thoroughly blossom my skills in the industry rules and corporate – more... culture. From starting out in an administrative position to a supervisor and now investigator I have had a challenging and extremely rewarding career. I am seeking a new and challenging adventure outside this industry. – less
Very nice staff to work for
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), 13710 Struthers Road, Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great staff, flexible
Cons: low wages
Provided financial adviser with administrative support tasks, co-workers and manager were wonderful people and I really enjoyed working with them.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Great customers make the day go by quickly.
I learned how to plan my day and to keep organized.
The overall company is great.
One of the hardest parts is that you train yourself.
Good opportunity if you are the right fit
Investment Representative (Former Employee), smalltown, usaFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: sales training
Cons: lack of training related to financial planning
Great place to get your licensing, learn about sales and networking. There wasn't much training from the standpoint of offering financial advice. You built your customer base by going door to door and introducing yourself to people in your community. Very old fashioned and incredibly difficult. If you make it, you will have earned it. Once established – more... it seems to be rewarding financially, and you become very well known in your community. It was my first job in the financial services industry, so I wasn't ready for the grind of trying to build a client base that way, and I wasnt comfortable positioning myself as an expert in a field in which I really had no level of expertise, aside from licensing.
If I could do it again, after the 10 years of experience I now have in the financial services industry, I think I would enjoy it much more. – less
Good company to work for
On Call Business office adm (BOA) (Former Employee), Spokane, WaFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good enviroment
Cons: not enough need for oncall
I have only good things to say about the Edward Jones family of offices, however as a on-call I did not get enough hours which is why I left the organization.
Great Place to Work
Product Specialist / Relationship Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Great place to work. Great people and great culture. I really enjoyed the years I've spent here.
Asset Management
Technology Lifecycle Analyst II (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 5, 2014
• Worked in the Asset Management arena.
• Created reports in Hyperion and transferring data over to Excel and manipulating it according to what management wants to see.
• Possess extensive knowledge in Excel; pivot tables, v-lookups, and charts.
• Handled approximately 30 reports, on a daily, weekly and monthly basis many for other departments for compliance – more... reason.
• Took care of 4 warehouse yearly physical inventories, making sure all assets were accounted for.
• Conducted cycle counts of the warehouses on a weekly basis checking on a device a week making sure Edward Jones count matches what the warehouse has and that all assets were where they should be.
• Created reports on an ad hoc basis as needed by management or other departments.
• Created process flows for each area within the Asset Management Department.
• Assisted and led projects on an as needed basis.
• Created a dashboard, combining all reports into one high level snapshot for upper management.
• Managed recovering unused or broken equipment from branches to be repaired by the warehouse and put back in the field. – less
Great place to work for the right type of person
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: hard to knock on doors to meet clients
-Knocking on doors
-Creating Financial Solutions for clients
-Help people's financial lives
Wonderful people work at Edward Jones
Administrative Assistant - Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: bonus, event for employees
Cons: benefits could be better
I really enjoyed working at Edward Jones. The employees are the nicest people I ever met.
Excellent Company
Intern - Wealth Management (Former Employee), Kingston, RIJanuary 29, 2014
Loved working here. The culture, the hours, the challenges. It will only make you a more valuable employee.
The job is marketed as better than it really is.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: hours, pay, conflicting communication with management, and few upfront benefits.
The hours were long and hard, and there wasn't much room for creativity. They have their method, and you may not vary from it much at all. Hardest part of the job is the pay, which requires you to work 80 hours a week to barely scrape by. I enjoyed learning about securities, investments, and meeting people.
A company with solid, earnest roots that needs to slow down growth for roots to catch up
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), McMinnville, TNJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: no set hours, as long as financial advisors make monthly goals and is on track, he/she is left alone to run their business
Cons: personal relationships with clients became less important, due to corporate demands and bureaucratic guidelines
Edward Jones culture and philosophy is to be respected and has clients' interest at the very top. Although asked repeatedly to become a publicly traded company, we have remained a limited partnership due to our fore father and most influential advisor, the son of the original namesake, Edward Jones Jr or "Ted." He brought Wall Street to Main Street – more... by knocking on doors in rural areas in Missouri, and still to this day, all new financial advisors do the same. As much respect I have for the company, I do feel that focus has shifted from it's original 'slow and steady' pace to over-emphasizing growth. No longer are we interested in young, spirited candidates for hire, but seasoned and experienced veterans. Certainly, it seems obvious as the correct business move, but it also elicits a move towards those who were ultimately unable to sustain themselves during the roughest of times pre- March 09, 2009 when the market finally walked through Death Valley before returning. I most certainly could be and hope I am wrong; I've not been invited to research the financial stability of the company. If it continues to adhere to Ted Jones' original conservative and patient values, then I'd bet Edward Jones continues to breathe, expanding and retracting as necessary to allow a living being to thrive. – less
For Go-Getters
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2014
Fast paced. Need excellent time management/time blocking skills to manage your day and responsibilities

About Edward Jones

At Edward Jones, we are a leader in the financial services industry serving nearly 7 million clients. We have more than 11,000 – Read more