Edward Jones Employee Reviews

An excellent training ground for new advisors
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIOctober 10, 2017
Edward Jones was a good place to work. They trained advisors and gave them a lot of support. They have a specific business model and an advisor is expected to follow that model. It is a lot of work! I left because the bank offered me what they said was a source of new clients.
Pros
Great training
Cons
A struggle to get new clients
Safe and secure place to work.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 9, 2017
Daily, I serve clients and potential clients and their financial needs while developing a professional relationship with them. I also work in partnership with the financial advisor to ensure that all the needs of our clients and potential clients are met. I answer the phone, manage the advisors schedule, research and execute marketing ideas to increase business, run financial reports as directed by the financial advisor. I also process financial transactions at the request of clients and financial advisor. The most stressful part of my job has been learning a new industry and all the financial rules and regulations.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I work for a great company that really cares about their employees. I have enjoyed building relationships with other branch office administrators, my financial advisor in the office and also our clients. The best part of my job is that we get to share an opportunity with young adults and elders that will make a positive impact in their lives as they prepare for retirement or live in retirement.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Great Company!
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 5, 2017
Edward Jones is a very Financially Stable Company. Great Support for new Employees and Computer Look Up System is Wonderful.
I was left by myself a lot and did not have enough to do because BOA;s are limited in their job duties. Too slow paced for me.
Pros
Very Good Support from other BOA's and Computer Training
Cons
Working in a 2 person office can be very slow paced and lonely at times.
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 5, 2017
Typical day included verifying accounts and any needs of current customers and appointments. Then proceeding to meet new individuals to create new customers.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
takes time to build a business
Great Benefits and Training Program
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  NJOctober 4, 2017
Workday can be very stressful at times, but benefits are great! Edward Jones is often considered a top 10 company to work for because the firm strives to maintain its status as such.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Stress; it's sometimes difficult to balance work life and personal life.
Contractor
Payment Operations Contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2017
I was a contractor and although its a great overall company, contractors aren't treated very well. My supervisor was cold and uncaring. However If your an actual associate its a great company!
Pros
Great cafe and benefits for actual employees
Cons
No grooming for potential employees
Great place to work, very organized, like family
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 30, 2017
I love Edward Jones because I get to help people and make new friends with the clients. I was full time for 3 1/2 years, then they closed the office I was in and have put me on Floater status. I can't survive working part time. Right now I only have 1 assignment in Oct. I need full time employment with benefits.
Pros
I get to help people on a daily basis
Cons
I only get to work part time
An excellent place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 29, 2017
An all around wonderful company that just does it right. They have excellent workplace culture,supportive management, great benefits, and a strong commitment to excel at customer service .
Compliance Counsel (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2017
The culture is not appealing to everyone and is very odd. Lack of sophisticated products and services and not a very professional or upperlevel environment. All appearance and zero substance.
Depending on which Branch your in can be a great place to work
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 28, 2017
Financial Advisors are not trained to manage an employee and are NOT monitored opening many chances for inappropriate management.. if lucky to get a good FA.. it CAN be a great job
Pros
I was offered Limited Partnership/ Profit Sharing
Cons
No supervision for relationships in Branch
Depends on your position
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Byron, MNSeptember 27, 2017
Branch Administrative Role feels like it is being slowly phased out. No room for advancement but Edward Jones is a good employer and the benefits are good.
Financial Advisor Recruiter
SENIOR RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2017
A typical day was 10+ hours to keep up with requisitions. Hiring goals were never met, constant growth/hiring was the expectation. Unqualified people promoted while the people that did the work were not acknowledged.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay for what work was done/limited mobility
Rewarding for the right individual
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GASeptember 27, 2017
Financial service industry is changing and it's more difficult to provide services and charge fees to individual investors. There are many financial firms providing services via phone and internet with very low expenses.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Long hours and difficult prospecting process
Great work environment
Instructional Designer/Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2017
Loved working at Edward Jones. Top notch management along with the family like workplace culture. Edward Jones associates are truly dedicated to helping all financial advisers assist clients in achieving their financial goals.
Pros
The associates
Cons
Can't think of any
Doesn't offer a very good work/life balance unless an advisor
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 22, 2017
Compensation could be increased, a little less work load on the BOA and offer more incentives. It takes too long to hi the salary mid range for the BOA's. Corporate needs to know a little more
Great Employer
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 21, 2017
Great company, great training program, hard job but worthwhile! Tough to get started in but as long as you follow your training you should be able to be successful!
FA was too passive
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 20, 2017
The FA I worked with was too passive which meant my position was slow. There was not very much traffic at our office and made for very long days. I left because of this reason.
All depends on who you get as an advisor
BOA (Former Employee) –  VASeptember 20, 2017
The company itself isnt so bad but the way they structure the offices being one adviser and mostly one assistant, if you have a good adviser ..driven.honest. likable..then you can make out. But if you get a lazy one and one who may be unpopular with clients, then the office can be difficult to work in.
You can be hired for an established adviser and if he retires or leaves for another company, then you have no idea what you get stuck with next. It is hard to give advise on the job because it has so many layers to be aware of and you dont know those til you are in office and work with whoever you get.The support system is good in home office. Benefits are expensive for such a large company.
And as others stated...it is all about the commissions brought in. No company will admit..but it is all about the money.
Be willing to work hard
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXSeptember 19, 2017
You need to be okay with going door to door to market yourself. Must love to help people. One of the biggest benefits to this job is being able to make your own schedule but you must be very self disciplined to do the work.
Not for anyone who is not willing to work 60+ hrs per week
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 18, 2017
If you are given a book of business in which to start this can be a great and rewarding career but if you grow your book from scratch as I did it can be a big upward climb!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.