Edward Jones Employee Reviews in United States

Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaJune 21, 2015
§ Guided customers in setting up a financial portfolio to meet their long-term financial goals.
§ Researched investments to make applicable recommendations to each of my customers.
§ Supervised an administrative assistant. Together we devised a weekly plan to strengthen customer relations thereby increasing business development.
§ Through door to door prospecting, volunteering, and active participation in various organizations I established relationships with new customers and increased financial assets by $6.9 million within one year.
§ Earned the Edward Jones Prospecting award for securing a minimum of ten new accounts per month with invested dollars attached.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential
Cons
Unlimited loss potential
Short term employment due to conflict with philosophy.
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 17, 2015
In the short time I was with Edward Jones, I passed all the required securities exams, for a financial advisor's license. (Series 7, Series 66, and Life/Health Insurance). However, they were asking me to contact people, and ask for investment in equities, that I did not agree with.
I enjoyed the job.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 21, 2015
The IR is no longer working for them. We had a great working environment. I loved our customers and enjoyed what we could do for their investments. Personal connections were of great value!
Bad Management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasAugust 27, 2015
Management will tell any lie to add another financial advisor. STAY AWAY! How can you tell when they are lying? YOU CAN"T. THEY ALWAYS DO. DO NOT GO TO WORK THERE
Pros
You can knock on all the doors in the world
Cons
You can knock on al the doors in the world
Completely enjoyable
Business Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 25, 2015
A truly client driven environment by engaging and learning about the people who hold accounts with the Financial Adviser(FA) to better serve their goals. The FA keeps a business atmosphere with a focus on professionalism. My tasks are generally scheduling appointments for the FA, preparing portfolios, gathering cost basis for stocks and other information, maintaining a clean work environment, and handling high dollar client accounts by receiving, depositing, and posting payments along with issuing checks directly to clients or banks. I have learned much about the global market and the intricacies of it too. I truly enjoy every task and portion of this job. The most difficult part of it is that it is only part time when they need me to come in.
Pros
Enjoyable professional environment
Cons
only part time at best
Great culture and very organized!
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJune 21, 2015
A typical day was going in and answering phone calls, creating appointments, opening and closing accounts, and sitting in on client meetings. Other days I traveled to deliver gifts and valued information for clients and prospects.
Pros
Travel, moral and ethical work environment, great training
Cons
hard to find work as an On-Call
Great opportunity
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 10, 2015
This is a great opportunity for the right person in the right market. Get ready to run through some shoes.The compensation plan and ability to make an impact in your community is second to none.
Really good company to work for
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2015
Pretty good company I enjoy this company they are really good people and I enjoy working for them. I have no complaints for them.
A day in the life of a Financial Advisor...
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIAugust 20, 2015
Edward Jones is one of the best companies to be trained by for a career in the financial services industry. The opportunity with EJ is incredible. The most difficult part is client acquisition.
Financial Planning
Financial Advisor in Training (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNSeptember 17, 2015
Great company to work for, however I was not used to the sales culture and joined the company when investing was a struggle for many due to downturn in economy.
Started out as a family environment.
Home Based Associate (Former Employee) –  I worked from my home.May 30, 2015
I loved the people that i worked with, however as the years went by the atmosphere changed and we seen an increase in rapid turnaround of the team managment. Moral was on a decline as well.
Pros
the people that were also associates, not management, were like a family to me.
Cons
healthcare benefits were not as good as they could have been for such a large company.
Productive and fun work environment
Jr. Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2015
I would like to start my career at a nice, well establish company. My education is coming to a end with an accounting degree from Lindenwood University, so I am in search of a career.
Seemed to be a good company
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 26, 2015
Company seemed to be a professional company, but I was never hired on as a permanent employee so I can only go by what occurred to me as a temp. The workers were friendly and seemed big on assisting one another.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Keeps temporary workers on too long without hiring permanently
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARAugust 7, 2015
Edward Jones Investments is a great place to work and a very good paying job. The company offers a lot of incentives. They provide training for 6 months and have very great coaches that help you through this process.
Family like atmosphere
Senior Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2015
I loved my position at Edward Jones, and acquired a second chosen family with many of the associates. Great company to be affiliated with. I learned exceptional phone etiquette, and how to deal with all types of personalities, which was the most enjoyable part of my job. I also learned about finance, the stock and bond market, and the issues facing families when someone passes away.
Pros
Great Supportive Management
Web Author (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2015
A great place to work, fun environment, great co-workers. A good place to grow and develop if you allow yourself to do so. Learned a lot and continue to learn each day in my current position.
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDSeptember 15, 2015
Great company to work for, but very difficult to start. In the end, just wasn't a good fit for me. If you are into sales and finance then this will probably be a great fit for you.
You are your own boss
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 24, 2015
A great company to work for. They care about their employees, but also strike the balance between pushing them to accomplish their goals but also realize that having happy employees who have a life outside of work is just as important.
Pros
Great compensation package
Cons
Job security
awesome experiance
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Murphysboro, ILSeptember 30, 2015
learnd a lot, great training. Large company and I liked it a lot a lot a lot

not leaving on bad terms just looking for something dfifferent
Great company and culture. Business building strategy is face to face contacts in neighborhoods knocking on doors. Not as easy as it seems.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDMay 1, 2015
Jones provides compensation through the extensive training process. Support is provided through licensing and registrations with state and federal agencies. Sales training is provided. When the rubber hits the road, you have to be comfortable door knocking which is not easy for all Financial Advisors. This is really a sales job.
Pros
Company provides lots of tools for success
Cons
Making face to face contacts is labor intensive and must be a focus to build trusting clients.