Edward Rose & Sons

Edward Rose & Sons Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 13, 2016
I love it. Any profession is going to have it's moments, but I am very glad to be a part of Edward Rose & Sons. We work hard and that's to be expected. I enjoy every moment being at the lease up site I currently work at.I love meeting new people and being able to overcome challenges! If you're looking for a change and an exciting yet rewarding job.company, and don't mind hard work, I recommend Edward Rose & Sons! Truly a life changing milestone for me.
Pros
Good benefits, work/life balance, positive environment.
Cons
Pay/lease incentives could be better.
This is your typical cheap company
Maintenance Technition (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMay 19, 2016
Honestly I really didn't care for this company, Most of the management here does not have a clue about whats going on at the property. When a resident gets mad they just threaten to call corporate and then the property manager just gives them whatever they want to make them happy. the person who does the ordering always has a bad attitude and whenever you tell them we are out of something they pretty much chew you out for telling them cause they don't like doing there job and are always mad. most of my co-workers are nice people but there are a few jerks that tick everyone off but yet never seem to get fired. some people also seem to get in trouble for doing one thing but other people who do the same thing seem to get away with it. I do not recommend working here.
Pros
mostly nice co-workrs and pay is decent
Cons
bad management
Productive work place
ASSET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 11, 2016
Productive place to work. Consistently provides new projects and challenges to work on. Never a dull moment. Many knowledgable and talented people to work with.
24 HR on call maintenance
24 hr on-call maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 24, 2015
Worked on work orders and emergencies. Apartment turnovers were our regular day to day item but also took care of all other items that needed attending for the people living in the apartments.
Pros
Nice people I worked with
Cons
having to get up at odd hours to take care of people
Edward Rose and Sons
Lead accounting clerk (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 21, 2015
Love the company! Its the best place I have ever worked for. They take excellent care of their employees. Good benefits and hours as well.
Good company to start your career at.
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 14, 2015
I oversee all leasing consultants and train them accordingly. I am the first to lease apartments and call potential residents from out online lead system. Any calls that come through that are potential residents are forwarded to me as well as any emails.
Pros
Great manager, nice properties
Cons
Uniform charge taken out of each check, not a lot of promotion from within.
fast paced work environment
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 18, 2015
First two hours are spent cleaning your assigned grounds. Letters may have to be passed out to certain residents. Apartments have to be prepped for the next tenant. Minor things may have to be replaced or fixed on a daily basis.
antiquated business model, micromanaged by incompetent general superintendent
current superintendent (Current Employee) –  CarolinaApril 1, 2015
Managerial department very disorganized, micromanaged superintendents in the field, antiquated ways of project management and little or no knowledge of new construction techniques, New superintendents prepare to have lots of meaningless paperwork and no real authority to manage job.
Pros
some nice people
Cons
meaningless paperwork, outdated construction techniques, micromanaged
micromanaged with ideals that have not progressed since the 60's
ex-superintendent (Former Employee) –  TNFebruary 16, 2015
new projects are poorly managed, no real power to make decisions, all decisions are made from corporate. Antiquated building techniques, and plans that are not up to codes or today' s building specs. The building process is slow and help in the field is non existent. Employees are there to follow blindly and provide no expertise. This results in terrible building practices, disorganization, and job slow down with blame to throw everywhere. If you are a leader, organized, and construction knowledgeable: prepare to be frustrated.
Pros
nice people to work with, adequate salary
Cons
micromanaged, no real training or expertise from management
Did not enjoy working here
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 22, 2015
This company over works their employees. They do not provide training and you go down to Carmel, IN for nothing. Only good thing about traveling is that you get reimbursed. If you are looking for a company that completely leaves you hanging then this is for you otherwise look elsewhere.
Good Entry Level Job
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 14, 2014
I will keep it simple. This is a great job and a good resume' builder for those coming out of college who are having a hard time finding good work.

I would not consider this a life-time position.

Training program is a year long and mostly useless to what you will actually be facing as a manager. The training manuals are from the 90's and contain a lot of worthless information. The testing (yes you will be taking tests) are not accurately correlated with your study material. Some of upper management can be volatile/disconnected.
Pros
free apartment, free cable, free utilities, etc.
Cons
see above
Disordered
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 17, 2014
On a day to day basic i pay electric bills for apartment complexes, manage all filing systems, and manage all new leases and lease adddenums.

I have learned how to operate new software packages such as sage, opps, and dashboard.

my co-workers are very friendly and helpful.

Management here hands out multible tasks to each employee, we all wear many hats, which can be very confusing sometimes. They have you jump around from task to task instead of finishing one tast then moving on to the next.

The most enjoyable part of my day here is at the end of the day looking and seeing what i have accomplished that day.
Pros
free soda
Cons
expensive healthcare
Not at all what it has to be.
LEASING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMarch 18, 2014
The job itself is fine, in fact, I would go as far to say that it could be a great place to work. If not for the management that was stationary, or at least not going anywhere anytime soon. A great deal of double standards, favoritism and a lot of demeaning attitude, more than 90% of the time. Women were treated more poorly then men and while it is obvious that the office turnover is quite high for all of the reasons above, it is clear that corporate isn't going to do anything about the manager or asst.
Pros
pay was not terrible.
Cons
regular mistreatment from management
review
service tech/maintenance (Former Employee) –  indianapolisNovember 11, 2013
Seems like Management is okay with do enough to get buy and lazy workers who do not show up for work . those same workers also get the supervisor positions .And if you let them know there are some issues they will look to get rid of you .Hard work and dedication does not pay off. However if get a you chance to work with a good property manger its a good place to work . The Hr is great as well construction dep
Pros
compensation/benefits
Cons
rewarded for being lazy not caring and not showing up
Productive and fun construction business, family owned and operated.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 31, 2013
Administrative, clerical and staff support, maintained database, inventory control, answer phones and customer assistance. I learned how to read blueprints and general construction knowledge. Business was family owned with few employees. Hardest part of the job was running the office, most enjoyable part was working unsupervised and creating new filing system for jobs and correspondence.
Pros
fun place to work with great people.
Cons
sometimes business was slow and a challenge to keep busy
Stay Away from this company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 3, 2012
Senior management does not supply you with the tools to do your job. You will work in an environment of mistreatment, poor communication and the fear of being yelled at for anything you do. You are expected to work extended hours without additional compensation or gratitude. Employees only stay (if they stay) because the economy is bad and all the good property management places their people don't leave. If you haven't noticed this company is always hiring. There is a reason their employees don't stay!
Cons
horrible place to work. senior management uses intimidation to make their employees produce
Productive and fun workplace with great people.
Applications Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIMarch 27, 2013
I was originally trained in bookkeeping. We started the Applications Department at the main office to help alleviate the workload at the 28 apartment communities and also to maintain accuracy. I trained and supervised 4 applicant evaluators in reading credit reports and processing applications for residency. We communicated daily with the leasing agents and managers of each community in order to process each application as quickly and accurately as possible.
Pros
good pay, great manager and co-workers
Cons
no health benefits
Outgoing and fun workplace
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 22, 2013
Overall, this is an okay company to work for. I've learned many office skills, as well as communication skills. A typical day at work is very eventful. My co-workers are the best part about the job. We are very close, and function like family. Unfortunately, the down fall to the job is the clientel and type of demographic presented on a daily bases.
Pros
co-workers, hour lunches
Cons
no room to grow or advance.
Fun & Secure
Grounds Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Novi, MISeptember 16, 2013
I had many wonderful years with this company. They are the reason my career as taken this road. They provided me with all the knowledgment I asked for. They allowed me to advance and learn every field in property management. There was no health benefits. However, if you were on-call maintenance or a manager, you received a free apartment. If I hadn't of moved to AZ, I would probley still be with them.
back-stabbing
former regional manager (Former Employee) –  bloomfield hills, mi.October 21, 2013
6 years of dedication and was fired over a useless piece of paperwork. Only to find out I was replaced by the bosses buddy. I never took a vacation and spent much of my time covering for everyone else. The G.M. is a back-stabber who doesn't look at performance, but wants his little "fraternity" in place.
Pros
great compny
Cons
lousy g.m., expensive health "benefits"