Edward Rose & Sons Employee Reviews

Growing Developer in Multi-Family Housing
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 6, 2017
This company is a great opportunity no matter what career level you are at. Leadership driven philosophy dedicated to your growth. Edward Rose & Sons has high expectations for their employees to ensure the residents get the highest level of service.
good company overall
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  the village in wixomMarch 21, 2017
I worked as a groundskeeper during the summer months for the biggest complex edward rose owns, and the only thing i had a problem with was the fact that it was hard to memorize where everything was located at. They were a very understanding company as well. I had to find a new position or quit in order to start school, and they gladly let me switch over to leasing, which was not wuite my cup of tea, but it allowed ,me to get hours and go to school at the same time. I might even one day try to work as a contractor for them one day when i get through college.
Pros
good people, nice environment, good pay, discounts on apartments, room for advancement
Former Leasing consultant
Leasing (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 13, 2017
Horrible company to work for. Corporate do not care about employees. There is favoritism in the office. Training is terrible. They micro-managed everything you do. You get blame for other people mistakes. I hated my job and I am glad to be away from there. I would never work for Edward Rose and Son AGAIN!!!
Good job, bad management
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Good job, good benefits, but bad leadership. The training was quick and not very detailed. Little support given, and gossip was amongst the management.
Great residents. But everything else is the worst. From management to quality of apartments being built. Terrible.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 6, 2017
I would ONLY recommend Ed Rose properties to someone who is BRAND new to the field, and just wants to get a taste of apartment life. Other than that, stay away.
Love the food, the people not so much
MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, MINovember 10, 2016
Let's face the facts: McDonald's is usually not a career for most. There's nothing wrong with making it a career, but the people you'll meet are there for a short time. And it shows, with people simply not caring about getting things done. I got a discount with my food, which I enjoyed. The management was typically not helpful or encouraging.
Pros
Discounted food!
Cons
Not friendly
Supportive company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 28, 2016
I have worked for Edward Rose & Sons for 15 years. I started off as a Leasing Consultant and moved up three positions to become a Property Manager. There is always room for growth within the company. Edward Rose & Sons has great teamwork and the management team is very supporting and will recognize you for your hard work.
Productive, well managed company focused on employee development
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 26, 2016
Consistent, reliable workdays, starting and ending at the same time. Hard nosed against overtime except in emergency circumstances. Tremendous learning experience, with at least one new thing learned each day.
A well rounded, widely experienced crew more than willing to share their time and experience. Maintenance and administrative personnel considered separate departments but worked well together. Time at work was consistently enjoyable, varied, and flowed quickly.
The only difficulty ever faced was in dealing with some problematic residents, but issues were quickly dealt with my management.
Pros
Consistent schedule, free apartment for on-site emergency maintenance, wide option of benefits.
Cons
Property manager changed every few years, each having their own way of organizing and operating
Sucked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2016
Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate this company
Very unprofessional company regional managers suck I do not recommend this company
Good company to advance your career
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2016
Overall its a good company to advance your career. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement. The only problem I would say is, they ask a lot of all employees and they don't pay well for it. They do offer to pay for schooling though, as far as CAM and maintenance classes.
The right place for me
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIAugust 3, 2016
I have worked for other property management companies and left because I did not feel that operations were ethical and that employees were treated fairly or supported in their work environment. I feel that the environment at Edward Rose & Sons supports advancement and that Management does its best to treat employees with respect. I would recommend this organization be considered as a permanent solution to anyone willing to work hard as you will advance and be recognized for your effort.
Pros
Well respected inductry leader that builds, manages, maintains assets in house. Lots of long term employees to provide support and guidance.
you better watch your back
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJune 10, 2016
they are all back stabbing workers who like to brag and complain about everything.its not a good place ever. I learned to keep to myself always and dont tell anyone anything.co workers every day was always ask questions and they always back talk everything you say.
Pros
free cake on bdays
Cons
everything
Official response from Edward Rose & Sons
August 2, 2016

Thank you for giving Edward Rose & Sons 5 stars in regards to Job Security and Advancement! I completely agree with you on this from my personal experience and knowledge! Job security is very important to most people and we do have a lot of deserving employees that have moved up within this company. This is something that we strive for and are very proud of.

I also wanted to say that am sorry that you had a bad experience because of your co-workers while working at one of our apartment communities! Would you mind giving me a call at the corporate office in Bloomfield Hills? Our communities usually work as a team together from my personal experience, and from the many conversations that I've had over the years. I would really like to discuss this further to keep this from happening in the future.

Jessica Crowell
Corporate Recruiter @ Edward Rose & Sons

This is your typical cheap company
Maintenance Technition (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMay 19, 2016
Honestly I really didn't care for this company, Most of the management here does not have a clue about whats going on at the property. When a resident gets mad they just threaten to call corporate and then the property manager just gives them whatever they want to make them happy. the person who does the ordering always has a bad attitude and whenever you tell them we are out of something they pretty much chew you out for telling them cause they don't like doing there job and are always mad. most of my co-workers are nice people but there are a few jerks that tick everyone off but yet never seem to get fired. some people also seem to get in trouble for doing one thing but other people who do the same thing seem to get away with it. I do not recommend working here.
Pros
mostly nice co-workrs and pay is decent
Cons
bad management
Great Company!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 13, 2016
I love it. Any profession is going to have it's moments, but I am very glad to be a part of Edward Rose & Sons. We work hard and that's to be expected. I enjoy every moment being at the lease up site I currently work at.I love meeting new people and being able to overcome challenges! If you're looking for a change and an exciting yet rewarding job.company, and don't mind hard work, I recommend Edward Rose & Sons! Truly a life changing milestone for me.
Pros
Good benefits, work/life balance, positive environment.
Cons
Pay/lease incentives could be better.
Productive work place
ASSET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 11, 2016
Productive place to work. Consistently provides new projects and challenges to work on. Never a dull moment. Many knowledgable and talented people to work with.
Edward Rose and Sons
Lead accounting clerk (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 21, 2015
Love the company! Its the best place I have ever worked for. They take excellent care of their employees. Good benefits and hours as well.
Big company with poor management.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INNovember 18, 2015
With a company the size of Edward Rose and Sons, it's disappointing how poorly they treat their employees. The compensation is terrible, with merit raises and job advancement nearly impossible to obtain, regardless of the quality of work you provide or how well you help retain residents. There is little motivation to go above and beyond in quality and service, so most co-workers will do the bare minimum or below, and it is reflected all around the property.

Management rarely communicates with professionalism and the demeanor is that their employees are not valued or important. It doesn't seem like many of them have ever read a people skills book or anything else on how to lead others effectively. Many suggestions and recommendations are generally ignored, even if it can help improve productivity and save money. Clearly, this isn't every manager, but the majority of them that I've worked with fit the above description.

Vacation time is pretty good, however. Based on your years with the company, you accumulate "paid time off" at differing rates topping off at a day every two weeks worked. There are rarely any issues with requesting that time off, either. Holidays are paid for full time employees, as well.

The work is monotonous, but fairly easy once you learn what you are doing. The company itself does little in the aspect of training, but many times you can find a seasoned co-worker who will help. Work rarely interferes with your outside life, unless you are in a standby maintenance position or are required to come help with snow removal.
Pros
Decent vacation time
Cons
Management, Compensation
24 HR on call maintenance
24 hr on-call maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MISeptember 24, 2015
Worked on work orders and emergencies. Apartment turnovers were our regular day to day item but also took care of all other items that needed attending for the people living in the apartments.
Pros
Nice people I worked with
Cons
having to get up at odd hours to take care of people
fast paced work environment
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 18, 2015
First two hours are spent cleaning your assigned grounds. Letters may have to be passed out to certain residents. Apartments have to be prepped for the next tenant. Minor things may have to be replaced or fixed on a daily basis.
Good company to start your career at.
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 14, 2015
I oversee all leasing consultants and train them accordingly. I am the first to lease apartments and call potential residents from out online lead system. Any calls that come through that are potential residents are forwarded to me as well as any emails.
Pros
Great manager, nice properties
Cons
Uniform charge taken out of each check, not a lot of promotion from within.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Rose & Sons. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9