Edwin Gould Services for Children and Families Employee Reviews

productive work place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 15, 2015
everyday was a fun and interesting day helping support persons with developmental disabilities.management was not very supportive and not very professional
Its a ok company
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2015
The patients are very active, my manager is excellent, co-workers are team players. The hardest part of the job is not going in to work
Staff are nice
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJuly 29, 2015
Oversee the total operation of Edwin Gould's day habilitation without walls program. Working with people with developmental disabilities and organizing program activities in addition to daily schedule completion. The hardest part of working with Edwin Gould is the lack of communication. I enjoy the flexibility of my job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough break times.
Productive and fun workplace
DSP (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 11, 2015
I love the individuals I work with, they can be challenging at times but this job definitely teaches you a lot of patience's. I love my co-workers their really friendly and with team work the job gets done!
Adequate training needed
Adoption Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work can begin with resolving crisis or reaching out to both birth and foster parents. I have learned about adoption and its process. I have also learned to testify in court on my case. Some co-workers can be helpful when they want to be, however, you learn on your own as you. The hardest part of my job is not having proper and or adequate training.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being available for my families when they are in crisis. It is knowing and acknowledging when they are going through a hard time and being able to provide them with appropriate support.
Pros
i enjoy working with families
Cons
lack of training and appropriate resources needed to assist staff
Run away from this agency, Edwin Gould, they have poor reputations, and they do not provide training or orientations
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, Manhattan & BronxAugust 9, 2014
I worked there for a very short time and I hated this agency.
They do not provide any training to their new staff and they waste no time giving a high caseload without training you in the least bit. I was literally figuring out everything on my own, but when they found out you have done anything wrong they quickly accuse you of falsifying, without explained on how to do it the right way.
I received no support the entire time of my employment with Edwin Gould. No one explained how to do their forms and the use of them.
Management does not know what they are doing, no knowledge of the new ACS forms, or connections skills, poor communication within themselve and ACS staff.
The assistant excutive Director is very cold, and uncaring, people are scared of her. She treats her staff like trash and screams at them.
She has horrible people skills.
You also do not have time for yourself and can not take your lunch hour. when you go home still working on the phone until middle of the night.
Edwin Gould is a horrible place to work, unethical practices, and poor management, just horrible. My experience working there was the worst in my life. I would not recommend this agency to no one.
They pay high salary to own you
Run away if you do not want to be a slave
Overall strong aliance with line staff that conveyed the love these foster children needed.
Substance Abuse Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Gave %150 involvement with my work; however, the workplace being a place of business the human factor when dealing with clients was something lost to the Cost ODB...
Pros
the hands on dealing with the clients
Cons
the results of those dealing would not be seen until years to come
Productive and fun and learned something new everyday
Relationship Abuse Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 13, 2014
In the beginning we were train about Relationship Abuse and how to help and the signs the basics. I learned a lot from this inspirational short program. Co-works at my job were very open and respectful, mature and very well mannered. Hardest part of my job was actually hearing what people went through when they were in abusive relationships. The most enjoyable part of my job was was going to different centers and speaking to teens about how to prevent abusive relationships and how to help them help others.
Pros
every input or idea was considered
Cons
short lunch break
A place to make a diffrence
Mental Health Manager- Mental Health Foster Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2012
Productive work place always on the “go" with dedicated a staff. Everyone wears manyhats besides their jod description. As with many careers which are based on social work, the hours can be long and the compensation is poor.
Pros
it’s a place were true passion for children's future is exhibited
Cons
long hours, large responsibilities and low compensation