EF Education First Employee Reviews

I went to China to teach. It was an awesome experience
Kids and Teens Teacher (Former Employee) –  Shenzhen, CNMay 19, 2017
EF is by far the best company I have worked with. They do a amazing job taking care of thier employees. Being in China alone my coworkers my me feel like apart of thier family.
Pros
Fun trips, great coworkers and management
Cons
Having to work long hours on the weekends
It was a great experience!
English Teacher - English as a foreign language (Former Employee) –  Dongguan, CNApril 21, 2017
EF Education First Dongguan was a fine place to work. There were some things that I wish were handled better (ie: living quarters, new vacation policy, time off policy, teaching philosophy, etc), but you'll have that no matter where you work. Overall I am happy I worked there and very happy to have had time in China!!
Pros
apartment included, several bonuses, training/certifications
Cons
apartments were old, new vacation policy was awful, DoS left much to be desired
don't pay good enough
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Camridge, MAApril 6, 2017
Great company to work for especially for young graduates but they don't pay good enough. EF's salaries are way below standard ones but it's a good place to start your careers and after a year or so move on.
Pros
great summer & holiday parties
Cons
salary is too low
Fun place to work, no room to grow.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 14, 2017
No doubt EF has great workplace culture, but that cannot make up for the low pay and unfair bonus for the sales department. Not transparent at all. Try to blind you with all the fun company perks.
Pros
The perks
Cons
Pay, management, growth
Great Company but Wages Low
Sr. Tour Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 3, 2017
EF Was great to work for and I did for a long time- they do have high turnover and usually people leave after a year and half, I was there for almost 4.5 years. Management has changed a ton lately and not in the best way. Wages are low but the culture is wonderful as well as the vacation time.
Great international work culture and travel benefits
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2017
There was no such thing as a typical day with EF. The work was exciting and challenging and it's a great place to learn; however, compensation was minimal.
Pros
International colleagues, international students, fun, travel
Cons
Long hours and minimal financial compensation
Fun place to work
SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 16, 2016
Very fun place to work! Co-workers are more like family. Many opportunities for advancement and job perks include overseas travel.
A productive and relaxing work environment.
Evaluations & On Tour Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 20, 2016
Working at EF has taught me how to be a team player in the work force. There are no cubicles, so employees work side by side, always encouraged to interact with team members and ask questions. I enjoyed this work experience.
Great learning environment.
China - ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  长春市September 19, 2016
EF offered a great environment to help students learn and become more confident in their English abilities. The staff was helpful and friendly and always willing to help the students.
Productive yet fun workplace
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 23, 2016
A typical day involved organizing corporate and social EF-related events throughout the season. Monitoring and updating EF's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Produced financial reports and calculated all expenses after every tour. I learnt all this plus how to consult with and speak to senior level professors and teachers from all over the country.

My co-workers were fun and helpful, as was my boss. The job was not hard, it was just about being organized. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the professors that I was in contact with for months on the tours that I organized.
Pros
Nice office, free coffee, cafe in the building, good location
Cons
No cons

Want to know more about EF Education First?

Ask a question
EF Educational Tours
Tour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2016
EF Tours is a great company to work for and they provide some amazing benefits. There are a lot of opportunities to build on key skills that will be needed throughout a career in sales.
stressful job exasperated by an unsupportive staff and exhausted students
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 2, 2016
stressful environment
learned that exhausted teenagers hate learning
management did little to address rude students
nice co-workers, mostly
dry textbooks
did my best
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Unaware that some students had learning disabilities
International place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2016
International environment with great friends and colleagues. Have fun at work while you impact young students' lives forever.
Unpleasant environment, no privacy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Praha, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I have learned to work alongside 3 more people in the same office, it has its advantages and disadvantages. I typically called customers or dealt with paperwork, opened the doors and welcomed guests. The hardest part was to focus 100% while on the phone, when other colleagues talk or are on the phone.
Pros
learning about foreign destinations and people's opinions
Cons
low pay, no privacy
rewarding teaching experience - too much work for money
esl instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2015
I would definitely recommend working at EF to those who don't need/aren't doing it for the Benjamins. The students make the low hourly pay and the less-than-inspiring corporate culture worth dealing with.
Great for Young Adult
Residential Life Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, New YorkOctober 18, 2015
Working at EF is great for a young adult who is recently out of college. You are given a lot of responsibilities. Its great to work there for a year or two and then it's time to move on.
Fun but two year limit
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2015
Great place to work fresh out of college. Very hard to move up and VERY hard to make a decent living. Very high school culture with cliques.
Nice environment, poor management.
Customer Relations and Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2015
Nice environment, poor management.
I really enjoyed my team, and the fun we had in the dept, however, the management team is very unfair to employees and not much of help.
Pros
people / benefits
Cons
management dept
Challenging position with great potential for personal growth.
DIRECTOR OF STUDIES (Former Employee) –  C30March 2, 2015
Challenging position with great potential for personal growth.

Position required an incredible amount of overtime and work life balance was very difficult to maintain.

Since installation of new camera systems, work environment became extremely stressful.
Diverse and challenging work environment with students from around the world and coworkers with dynamic personalities and interests
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2015
This is a fast paced work environment with fascinating people and coworkers. It requires patience in dealing with language barriers and an ability to juggle many tasks and student needs simultaneously.
Pros
Students, Coworkers, Culturally diverse environment
Cons
Low Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EF Education First. Our community is ready to answer.

EF Education First Reviews by Location