EF

EF Employer Reviews

good place to work for a year or 2 right out of college
Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 15, 2013
Pros: fun, young employee base - get to travel
Cons: low pay, too much office politics
nice, fun place to work. get to travel and get good discount on travel. Way to much vertical movement, and playing favorites. It feels more like capital hill at times than a private company.
Excellent company that sells quality products
Web Project Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 17, 2012
EF is a great place to work because of the people, educational mission and quality products they offer. I would recommend working at EF and being an EF customer to anyone!
Fun, fast paced working environment. Able to work with students of all ages and English speaking levels.
Foreign Language Instructor (Current Employee), 上海市, C23October 4, 2014
I generally instruct 2-3 courses per day with students ranging in age from 4 years old to 18 years old.
Productive workplace
EFL Teacher (Former Employee), Hastings, ENGSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: learning curve
Cons: long hours, lots of paperwork
My time at EF was an incredibly valuable learning experience. My previous teaching experience had been with classes of a smaller size and just managing the one class. At EF we taught four separate classes, two classes each day of around 16 students. My class management and organisational skills certainly progressed from my time with EF. Learning how – more... to manage large numbers of paperwork and interacting with other members of staff to co-ordinate timetables, lesson plans, progress reviews etc. were among some of the skills I also feel greatly benefited.
The hardest part of the job was learning the names of 60 different students but it also made for amusing lessons at times.
The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to learn more about the English language myself and the unpredictable nature of lessons often lead to very exciting and beneficial discussions. Seeing some of the students really respond to their work and watching them progress in as little as two weeks was incredibly heart-warming and encouraging for me not just as a teacher but as a mentor. – less
Great!
Senior Teacher (Former Employee), Beijing, ChinaJune 21, 2014
Cons: beijing smog, way of life in china
Loved my time at EF China! I always had every resource at my disposal & helpful people around to guide me. I really miss my time there & my students. If you like working with kids aged 3-18 this is the place for you. We have many more young kids than older ones, so you'll have more of them in your daily routine usually. If you're looking for an experience – more... abroad, this is a great one! – less
Right Place at Right Time
Interface Specialist (Former Employee), 上海市, C23February 7, 2014
Pros: lots of travel!
This was a golden opportunity for me to start my practicing design career in Asia. Working at one of the biggest Swedish companies in the world in China's entry-point for the world was perfect.
stimulating enviroment, excellent human interaction
Group Leader (Former Employee), Brighton, ENGJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: visiting new places and towns
Cons: long hours
Working with students and helping them with documents and procedures has made me grow both professionally and as a person.
A company that supports its workforce and sets high standards
Teacher (Former Employee), BournemouthDecember 16, 2013
Pros: consistent support from senior management.
I enjoyed working for EF. They supported me consistently throughout my time with them and helped to raise my teaching standards to a considerable degree.
fun and aspiring
Teacher of English (Former Employee), Vilnius LithuaniaNovember 21, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Great aspiring company with vision
enjoy all aspects of the job
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing Staff (Former Employee), West JavaApril 26, 2013
Pros: good insentive
Cons: shift hours
Shift Hours and I learn much about marketing. The management is very large. The hardest part of job are difficult to reach some target. The most enjoyable part of job is to know every people or relation.
Its a good start for a graduate and a student
Study Advisor (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GautengDecember 20, 2012
Pros: flexible environment, free lunches
Cons: long hours, favoritism, constant-routine
My day consists of making calls to the students allocated to me, sending e-mails, reaching a target as well as maintaining a good call-quality.

I have learned time-management, telephoning skills as well as people-skills.

My co-workers are friendly people, with whom I get along with therefore making it a great environment to work in.

Management is – more... so-so however they delegate tasks well and there is good communication with the staff.

The hardest part about the job is reaching most of the students because they are often busy or they have invalid phone numbers, which in turn makes it hard to reach daily-target.

The most enjoyable part is playing a role in helping the students achieve their study goals as well helping them improve their overall English. – less
Exciting, Challenging and Rewarding
Prorgram Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2012
There was no typical day at work in this role, I travelled around the country and the world either promoting the program, providing input on our sales and marketing materials and strengthening our relations with our couterparts worldwide.

The hardest part of the job was changing the community and volunteers perception of the outgoing student exchange – more... program. To overcome that I personally travelled to every high school in western and central Canada to explain the program to our volunteers, teachers and parents.

The most enjoyable part of the program was when a student successfully completed their program and hearing the parents thank us for pushing them to let go. – less
Productive and Fun working place
Local Teacher (Former Employee), EastbourneSeptember 14, 2012
Something different to what I have experienced, really enjoyed working there for the summer. Met loads of new people with many different backgrounds and nationalities. Worked with great people that will remain good friends
Awesome production team
Director (Former Employee), Hong KongFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: healthcare, laid-back, lots of travel
Cons: slow in payment
Everyone was willing to work hard and put in the time and effort to create a big-budget-production-value look. The management was very supportive and helped our workflow move seamlessly from pre-production to post.
Un ambiente positivo, siempre son tomadas en cuenta tu opiniones y proyectos.
Gerente regional (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: el crecimiento personal de la persona, el sueldo y el ambiente laboral.
Cons: la distancia y no tenía tantas prestaciones .
En general la empresa tiene un excelente desarrollo personal, el ambiente con la gente es muy bueno. siempre son tomadas en cuenta las opiniones de todos y tratan en lo general de crear gente profesional que crezca, por lo cual es ciertas áreas es mu bueno el crecimiento.
la misión es crecer, crecer, crecer y en general mi directora siempre lo hizo – more... muy bien con el equipo.
Mis compañeros de trabajo siempre apoyaban en todo sentido y al ser una empresa horizontal la verdad es que en la oficina es muy fácil crear proyectos o decisiones.

Como todo siempre hay una parte difícil y en general mi trabajo es muy demandante ya que como gerente específicamente en el servicio que mi programa ofrece se realiza desde publicidad hasta las visitas a ciudades, las finanzas, coordinación y administración de todas ciudades.
lo que más me gustaba era la oportunidad de crecer y ver crecer a la gente dentro de mi programa. Poder ofrecerle una oportunidad a una persona. – less
Ambiente divertido en verano
MONITOR CURSO DE INMERSIÓN LINGÜÍSTICA (Former Employee), Madrid, MDJanuary 20, 2014
Trabajo de verano si te gusta viajar y conocer gente. Bueno para practicar idiomas y conocer otras culturas. Inolvidable
Ef
Преподаватель английского языка (Current Employee), МоскваDecember 3, 2012
Pros: почасовая оплата
Cons: низкая з\п
На данный момент работа в данной компании неудобна мне из-за неподходящего графика работы

About EF

EF Educational Tours is a pioneer in experiential learning, leading students abroad to encounter new cultures and languages first – Read more