Efficient Era seeks a Tax Analyst to be a member of our fast-paced, dynamic company. This opportunity provides an innovative, casual environment committed to providing outstanding customer service. The Tax Analyst provides tax preparation services and support to SME retailers primarily selling through Amazon’s FBA program.
Efficient Era is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that provide end-to-end global transaction tax filing solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes).
A successful candidate must have great communication skills, be deadline driven, have advanced Excel skills, and good attention to detail. The right candidate must be able to self-prioritize and has the ability to switch priorities quickly under constant time constraints and with a positive attitude.
A foundation in accounting and tax is required through work, school or a combination.
A Masters in Tax and experience working with a multi-state, multi-national business is highly preferred.
Primary job duties include:
- Prepare and file US sales & use tax returns, Canadian GST/HST & PST returns, EU VAT returns, and state income tax and US income tax returns
- Solve support tickets from customers on US sales & use tax, Canadian GST/HST & PST, VAT, state income tax and the IRS
- Prepare/review monthly bookkeeping for clients
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Provide audit support for transaction tax and income tax audits
- Assist in preparing nexus studies and taxability matrices
- Configuration and ongoing maintenance of Efficient Era’s Excel or Google docs transaction tax tools
- Assist in researching transaction tax laws to create and maintain the tax rules (e.g. product taxability, nexus, filing thresholds) within the tax tools and in internal and external communications
- Actively participate in automation projects throughout their lifecycle – from design through delivery – with an emphasis on testing to ensure that projects conform to the business requirements and rules
- Assist in writing tax memos, blog posts, and in creating podcasts and online presentations
- Perform administrative task assigned by managers and directors including processing tax returns, creating VAT invoices and other projects assigned