EFI Employee Reviews

great co-worker everyone try to help one another
Ink Technician (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day is help my co-worker and finishing my jobs on time. My co-workers are entertaining we try to do our jobs the best of our ability.
undermanaged, confusion
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 26, 2015
A typica day on the job, Started at 7am could run up to 6 machines at a time. Which on a typical day the machines were breaking down and causing alot of unnecessary sorting. The machines were not well maintained. Management was inconsistant. Overall what I learned about running machines and working on the line is patience, how to work well under a extreme amount of pressure.
stay away
Electrical Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Meredith, NHOctober 25, 2015
They do all their layoffs on Friday

there is no upper level management

they are looking for 1B mark and will most likely sale the company
Efi
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Meredith, NHSeptember 28, 2015
EFI is a difficult company to work for they are a larger company than I am used to. There are usually more tasks expected to be completed daily than any person could accomplish forcing many employees to stay late and come in on the weekends, management is less than understanding when it comes to illness and family commitments. The hardest part of this job is that there is little respect from higher levels to those working the floor, and that you are forced to maintain the hours that they dictate or have your job be at risk. It also takes an exceptionally long time to be given benefits as well as full time status even though you could be working 50+ hours.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Lack of understanding in management
Interesting work but long hours and no appreciation
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Meredith NHSeptember 12, 2015
Very poorly run by management. Communication does not exist in this company, EVERYTHING is last minute with no notice and they expect you to jump through hoops. Never a thank you from anyone for your hard work and dedication working 50-70 hour weeks, week after week.departments under staffed and management won't hire on extra help. Definitely would not recommend this company to work for. Also raises are few and far between.
Pros
Generous vacation time
Cons
Little or no breaks, management sqauks when you ask for a day off
Good to work
Software QA Engineer, Sustaining QA (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 26, 2015
Learned to work under pressure. Testing with multiple features and hardware. Met a lot of people. Fun to work.
Learnt virtual OS.
Exciting and challenging work environment which was never boring.
Administrative Support for Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 3, 2015
A typical day would consist of unlocking the office and taking the phones off of forward. Making coffee and getting started setting up jobs for fire investigators received via phone calls or emails. Receiving completed jobs ready for review, editing, scanning, billing and packaging for the client. Talking to fire investigators and searching for certain recalls related to current investigations. Running lightning strike reports for current fire investigations. AP and basic clerical work for the office. I was team leader for 5 investigators. My coworker also was team leader for 5 investigators. We had front office receptionist support. The Regional Vice President was in the office when he wasn't traveling. The hardest part of the job was dealing with one surly fire investigator on my team who was verbally abusive and one coworker that was incredibly disorganized and sometimes physically abusive. Everything else about the job was enjoyable.
Pros
Spring water delivered, lunch provided during month end.
Cons
work environment became hostile
Small Warehouse environment
Warehouse Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  South San FranciscoJune 23, 2015
Opened and stocked warehouse
loaded and unloaded trucks
worked directly with UPS
Communication between various job sites was not good
Hours were the best part of my job and having independence
Pros
Close to my house, warehouse lead for SSF
Cons
no team work from fellow co workers, small salary increases, management gave false promises
ok
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 12, 2015
Turnover rate is super high and management is not fair. I made good friends while there and everyday was a great day until my last day.
Senior Mechanical and Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYMarch 5, 2015
Good experience for continued professional development. Middle and upper management did not regard engineers as a valuable asset.
Typically, engineers were not well regarded by fire investigators who were in upper management.
Pros
stable until the later years
Cons
weak management
Ok place to work with great people
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Meredith, NHFebruary 23, 2015
Managment is poor and raises tend to be lacking in my dept. Not a rating for the whole company just my department. On the whole not a terrible place to work.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
migrating responsibilities and poor raises
Unpleasant environment
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Sophomoric, misogynistic, prejudiced environment. Subjected to racially insensitive remarks, constantly. Response from upper management and executives was "it's only a joke, don't be so sensitive".
SVP has a son convicted of a federal hate crime, thought it was "funny" to bring him to the office to introduce him to the staff of color.
All of the other Exec's (CEO down) were in agreement with the SVP that it was humor.
Pros
bonus program, full benefits
Cons
sophomoric, misogynistic, prejudiced environment
Not a bad company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  YpsilantiFebruary 5, 2015
I have learned a lot and was able to advance with EFI. The co-workers were nice. The company was not cheap on buying anything that was needed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
hard to take a vaction
14 years at EFI
Sr.Buyer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 8, 2014
I've been here a long time. A very good place to work. The only issue is the company has peaked and advancement is limited.
Pros
close to home since relocation
Cons
see above.
Good People
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILNovember 4, 2014
EFI has its pros and cons. Overtime available almost costantly. works hours are different 6 am to 4:30 pm and 4 day work weeks unless OT is available. Company is currently going slower than ever, running only one shift now and layed off 30 or more people a month ago.
Pros
20 dollars an hour
Cons
ot mandatory almost year around
Great management. Fun place to work.
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 30, 2014
A typical day at work was traveling to the job site. Conducting oversight of asbestos remediation work, conducting asbestos surveys.

My co-workers were all great.

The hardest part of the job was being away from my family for long periods of time.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the opportunity to travel to new places.
Nice place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 13, 2014
EFI gives employees the opportunity to step up and take on projects outside their comfort zone to gain skills.
Pros
flexible hours
Rigid, closed mined management that rules by threats
Product manager (Former Employee) –  Meredith NHSeptember 24, 2014
This is the worse company I have ever worked for. I was hired to develop a new product line and was told I had full rein. But, management didn't want to change and I hit a dead end in everything I did. Top management needs to be totally replaced, as they are highly ineffective. High turn over of unhappy employees. AVOID. Not worth the stress.
Pros
good pay
Cons
ineffective management and no training. stressful work environment.
fun crew to work for
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Goodrich, TXSeptember 18, 2014
hard labor but well worth the pay rate. learned a lot and really had a fun time working with the crews and taking trips out of town to work.
productive
Quality Control Checker (Former Employee) –  nashville, TNAugust 16, 2014
muli-task. learned about quality control, work with several items.
be ready all time.