EFI Employee Reviews

I lost more than i gained.
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 31, 2016
This company is ran buy people that don't know how to do their job. The design management doesn't understand the technology they are working with and are not open to new ideas. If you like having an poorly educated boss then good luck. His kid eats cardboard.
Pros
the pay was average
Cons
You cant argue with stupid people that don't want to learn new tech.
all types of jobs offered
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MI 48197May 17, 2016
great company to work for. they put you in a job that best suites you. great weekly pay . will put you on a different job if not satisfied where you are.
Great people to work with
Customer Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed working with the clients and my co-workers very much. I learned how to support software applications for the business management systems I provided support for.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Producive
Ink manager (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMarch 16, 2016
Work with immediate direct reports of objectives and measurements for the production day. Determine any obstacles and put systems into place if necessary for desired results
Pros
Staff are dependable
Cons
Distance traveled to and from work is over 100 miles daily
Dynamic, fast-paced environment with a large scope to learn and grow.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Meredith, NHFebruary 9, 2016
Designed and developed mechanical parts, prototypes, fixtures using Solidworks.

Implemented the designs using Engineering Change Notifications in Agile.

Designed brackets using Sheetmetal in Solidworks, prototype tested.

Interacted with various vendors, manufacturers to buy mechanical parts, hardware as a part of the design.
Nice company
Administrator's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meredith, NHFebruary 9, 2016
Fast paced environment. Worked as a team member, lots of fun and learning about technology

good balance of work and life, caring management.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
late nights
Senior Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Very busy days and on a fast pace.
Learned around 10 different software and support those
Supporting management
Great team work with my co-workers
Hardest part was not enough time on the day to help our customers
Pleased to have served our customers
great co-worker everyone try to help one another
Ink Technician (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day is help my co-worker and finishing my jobs on time. My co-workers are entertaining we try to do our jobs the best of our ability.
undermanaged, confusion
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 26, 2015
A typica day on the job, Started at 7am could run up to 6 machines at a time. Which on a typical day the machines were breaking down and causing alot of unnecessary sorting. The machines were not well maintained. Management was inconsistant. Overall what I learned about running machines and working on the line is patience, how to work well under a extreme amount of pressure.
stay away
Electrical Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Meredith, NHOctober 25, 2015
They do all their layoffs on Friday

there is no upper level management

they are looking for 1B mark and will most likely sale the company
Efi
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Meredith, NHSeptember 28, 2015
EFI is a difficult company to work for they are a larger company than I am used to. There are usually more tasks expected to be completed daily than any person could accomplish forcing many employees to stay late and come in on the weekends, management is less than understanding when it comes to illness and family commitments. The hardest part of this job is that there is little respect from higher levels to those working the floor, and that you are forced to maintain the hours that they dictate or have your job be at risk. It also takes an exceptionally long time to be given benefits as well as full time status even though you could be working 50+ hours.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Lack of understanding in management
Interesting work but long hours and no appreciation
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Meredith NHSeptember 12, 2015
Very poorly run by management. Communication does not exist in this company, EVERYTHING is last minute with no notice and they expect you to jump through hoops. Never a thank you from anyone for your hard work and dedication working 50-70 hour weeks, week after week.departments under staffed and management won't hire on extra help. Definitely would not recommend this company to work for. Also raises are few and far between.
Pros
Generous vacation time
Cons
Little or no breaks, management sqauks when you ask for a day off
Good to work
Software QA Engineer, Sustaining QA (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 26, 2015
Learned to work under pressure. Testing with multiple features and hardware. Met a lot of people. Fun to work.
Learnt virtual OS.
Exciting and challenging work environment which was never boring.
Administrative Support for Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 3, 2015
A typical day would consist of unlocking the office and taking the phones off of forward. Making coffee and getting started setting up jobs for fire investigators received via phone calls or emails. Receiving completed jobs ready for review, editing, scanning, billing and packaging for the client. Talking to fire investigators and searching for certain recalls related to current investigations. Running lightning strike reports for current fire investigations. AP and basic clerical work for the office. I was team leader for 5 investigators. My coworker also was team leader for 5 investigators. We had front office receptionist support. The Regional Vice President was in the office when he wasn't traveling. The hardest part of the job was dealing with one surly fire investigator on my team who was verbally abusive and one coworker that was incredibly disorganized and sometimes physically abusive. Everything else about the job was enjoyable.
Pros
Spring water delivered, lunch provided during month end.
Cons
work environment became hostile
Small Warehouse environment
Warehouse Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  South San FranciscoJune 23, 2015
Opened and stocked warehouse
loaded and unloaded trucks
worked directly with UPS
Communication between various job sites was not good
Hours were the best part of my job and having independence
Pros
Close to my house, warehouse lead for SSF
Cons
no team work from fellow co workers, small salary increases, management gave false promises
ok
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 12, 2015
Turnover rate is super high and management is not fair. I made good friends while there and everyday was a great day until my last day.
Senior Mechanical and Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYMarch 5, 2015
Good experience for continued professional development. Middle and upper management did not regard engineers as a valuable asset.
Typically, engineers were not well regarded by fire investigators who were in upper management.
Pros
Stable until the later years
Cons
Weak management
Ok place to work with great people
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Meredith, NHFebruary 23, 2015
Managment is poor and raises tend to be lacking in my dept. Not a rating for the whole company just my department. On the whole not a terrible place to work.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Migrating responsibilities and poor raises
Unpleasant environment
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Sophomoric, misogynistic, prejudiced environment. Subjected to racially insensitive remarks, constantly. Response from upper management and executives was "it's only a joke, don't be so sensitive".
SVP has a son convicted of a federal hate crime, thought it was "funny" to bring him to the office to introduce him to the staff of color.
All of the other Exec's (CEO down) were in agreement with the SVP that it was humor.
Pros
Bonus program, full benefits
Cons
Sophomoric, misogynistic, prejudiced environment
Not a bad company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  YpsilantiFebruary 5, 2015
I have learned a lot and was able to advance with EFI. The co-workers were nice. The company was not cheap on buying anything that was needed.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard to take a vaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EFI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7