EFI Employee Reviews

Exciting and challenging work environment which was never boring.
Administrative Support for Regional Vice President (Former Employee), Franklin, TNAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Spring water delivered, lunch provided during month end.
Cons: work environment became hostile
A typical day would consist of unlocking the office and taking the phones off of forward. Making coffee and getting started setting up jobs for fire investigators received via phone calls or emails. Receiving completed jobs ready for review, editing, scanning, billing and packaging for the client. Talking to fire investigators and searching for certain recalls related to current investigations. Running lightning strike reports for current fire investigations. AP and basic clerical work for the office. I was team leader for 5 investigators. My coworker also was team leader for 5 investigators. We had front office receptionist support. The Regional Vice President was in the office when he wasn't traveling. The hardest part of the job was dealing with one surly fire investigator on my team who was verbally abusive and one coworker that was incredibly disorganized and sometimes physically abusive. Everything else about the job was enjoyable.
Small Warehouse environment
Warehouse Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), South San FranciscoJune 23, 2015
Pros: Close to my house, warehouse lead for SSF
Cons: no team work from fellow co workers, small salary increases, management gave false promises
Opened and stocked warehouse
loaded and unloaded trucks
worked directly with UPS
Communication between various job sites was not good
Hours were the best part of my job and having independence
ok
Employee (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIMay 12, 2015
Turnover rate is super high and management is not fair. I made good friends while there and everyday was a great day until my last day.
Senior Mechanical and Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Nicholasville, KYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: stable until the later years
Cons: weak management
Good experience for continued professional development. Middle and upper management did not regard engineers as a valuable asset.
Typically, engineers were not well regarded by fire investigators who were in upper management.
Ok place to work with great people
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Meredith, NHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: migrating responsibilities and poor raises
Managment is poor and raises tend to be lacking in my dept. Not a rating for the whole company just my department. On the whole not a terrible place to work.
Unpleasant environment
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: bonus program, full benefits
Cons: sophomoric, misogynistic, prejudiced environment
Sophomoric, misogynistic, prejudiced environment. Subjected to racially insensitive remarks, constantly. Response from upper management and executives was "it's only a joke, don't be so sensitive".
SVP has a son convicted of a federal hate crime, thought it was "funny" to bring him to the office to introduce him to the staff of color.
All of the other Exec's (CEO down) were in agreement with the SVP that it was humor.
Not a bad company
Team Leader (Former Employee), YpsilantiFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: hard to take a vaction
I have learned a lot and was able to advance with EFI. The co-workers were nice. The company was not cheap on buying anything that was needed.
14 years at EFI
Sr.Buyer (Current Employee), Fremont, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: close to home since relocation
Cons: see above.
I've been here a long time. A very good place to work. The only issue is the company has peaked and advancement is limited.
Good People
Electrician (Current Employee), Centralia, ILNovember 4, 2014
Pros: 20 dollars an hour
Cons: ot mandatory almost year around
EFI has its pros and cons. Overtime available almost costantly. works hours are different 6 am to 4:30 pm and 4 day work weeks unless OT is available. Company is currently going slower than ever, running only one shift now and layed off 30 or more people a month ago.
Great management. Fun place to work.
Environmental Technician (Current Employee), Addison, TXOctober 30, 2014
A typical day at work was traveling to the job site. Conducting oversight of asbestos remediation work, conducting asbestos surveys.

My co-workers were all great.

The hardest part of the job was being away from my family for long periods of time.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the opportunity to travel to new places.
Nice place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Foster City, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
EFI gives employees the opportunity to step up and take on projects outside their comfort zone to gain skills.
Rigid, closed mined management that rules by threats
Product manager (Former Employee), Meredith NHSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: ineffective management and no training. stressful work environment.
This is the worse company I have ever worked for. I was hired to develop a new product line and was told I had full rein. But, management didn't want to change and I hit a dead end in everything I did. Top management needs to be totally replaced, as they are highly ineffective. High turn over of unhappy employees. AVOID. Not worth the stress.
fun crew to work for
Contractor (Former Employee), Goodrich, TXSeptember 18, 2014
hard labor but well worth the pay rate. learned a lot and really had a fun time working with the crews and taking trips out of town to work.
productive
Quality Control Checker (Former Employee), nashville, TNAugust 16, 2014
muli-task. learned about quality control, work with several items.
be ready all time.
Very fast paced, great coworkers.
Dir.of Field Service Ops.for the Americas (Former Employee), Meredith, NHAugust 11, 2014
Pros: rsu's, co-workers, customers.
Cons: my position was more tactical than strategic.
Good, fast paced and growing company. Somewhat understaffed. Poor Work to life balance. Great satisfaction in solving customers issues.
Customer Care
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Meredith, NHAugust 6, 2014
Pros: job advancement
Cons: pay is low but still a good place to work
Excellent company to work for. Lots of room for advancement.
Satisfied Contractor
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 6, 2014
For the most part, EFI maintains a casual, laidback corporate atmosphere, and everyone who works here is, more of less, friendly and helpful. New offices in Fremont include cool amenities, like a gym, flex rooms and ping pong tables (stays true to Silicon Valley tech-y vibe). Employees work hard here and seem to take genuine interest in their jobs and the company.However, there seems to be a bit of mismanagement and lack of organization. Tasks that should take a few hours will take a day or sometimes a week. Because of the division between the three major product groups, communication also seems to be an issue.
you do alot more than your job function
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: you will always be working at a face pace and can do many other roles outside of your normal job

Cons: many things go unappreciated. and salaries are not in par with the market.
Challenging and interesting place to work
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAApril 9, 2014
Challenging work environment with a team of fun and intellectual team members.
Enjoyable Environment
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: casual attire everyday
Pleasant place to be productive. I have enjoyed my time here so far.