EFI

EFI Employer Reviews

Challenging and interesting place to work
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAApril 9, 2014
Challenging work environment with a team of fun and intellectual team members.
Enjoyable Environment
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: casual attire everyday
Pleasant place to be productive. I have enjoyed my time here so far.
Management is terrible, rule by threat and duress.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Meredith, NHMarch 24, 2014
Pros: decent pay.
Cons: too many to list.
Management only concerned for quarterly billings, quality suffers. Many units returned to factory by customers. Poor documentation, "tribal knowledge" prevails. Poor employee relations. Not recommended unless as a temporary stepping stone to something better.
It was a good place to get my foot in the door.
Operator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 22, 2014
The job was a good place to get my foot in the door. I learned so much about so many things while working there. They will have you working with just about every technology you could think of that you would need in a datacenter.
Not a nice place to work
PAYROLL MANAGER (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: regular hours
Cons: management, ethics
The employees don't get along very well as a team.
Management always disrupted the work flow
very educational shop to work in . The owner was very sharp
Auto Technician (Former Employee), Harahan, LAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: very professional shop
Cons: also hard to work for, because he was so demanding, but fair
I learned a lot of computer skills ( diagnostics) from the owner ( boss ) he is a very talented individual .
YOU CAN TALK CELL PHONE ON FLOOR
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCOctober 31, 2013
MY REVIEW TO THIS ITS GRAET VERY PLAACE FAST PASTE
.YOU HAVE PAID HILIDAYS OFF GREAT INSURANCE. AND U GET TO MAKE PARTS FOR THE FAMOUS CARS SUCH AS BMW,CADLIC,BUICK
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCOctober 25, 2013
Kept me busy, never stood around. Learnt alot, coworkers did NOT speak english, hardest part was trying to understand other people languages
Their technology is not necessarily the cutting edge.
Software QA Engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAOctober 14, 2013
when I worked there as a QA, and when I worked, I felt I was time slipped more than 10 years. The way they manage the project was kind very primitive.
EFI is a fun, innovative and a fast paste company to work for.
Sr. Technician Engineering Prototypes (Former Employee), Foster City, CAOctober 4, 2013
Coordinated and addressed uprising issues and defects with various departments including: QA Engineers, SW & HW Engineers, and Manufacturing Engineers. Corresponded closely with OEM project managers on projects needs and scheduling.
Decent place to work at with good lunch breaks with ping pong table.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: ping pong
Cons: frequent slow workdays
Typical 9-5 shift. I was a tester for their printing software, so I would come in and begin running test cases on big industrial printers (specifically Xerox printing machines).

Learned testing methodologies, and how to handle a real job. Management was nice, co-workers were okay. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably the ping pong tournaments – more... during the lunch breaks, as I am an avid player of ping pong. – less
Good Company
Product Support Engineer (Current Employee), Meredith, NHMay 30, 2013
Pros: some free lunches
Cons: no breaks except for a lunch break
Up until recently we had been compensated well for covering world wide support. the company now has deemed the we are to be on call and not get compensated for this unless a call comes in.
Confusing place
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2013
I worked with EFI for 2 years. During that time, I completed a lot of projects saving the company thousands of dollars however, the upper management seemed to not always take in account "best practice" methods when making decisions about solutions.

My co-workers were great, friendly and knowledgeable.
I like the team I work with
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Meredith, NHFebruary 26, 2013
I feel I have so much more to contribute to this company but unfortunately it's not possible to excel from customer service unless I move to another position. If I need to move to another position to excel I'd like a job using my skills like document specialist; document coordinator, administrative assistant, etc.
A good job to learn about caregiving
Living Skills Instructor (Former Employee), Shelton, WAOctober 20, 2012
Pros: helping client
Cons: no lunch breaks
Helping clients with bathes, make them their dinner checking on medicine and give at time called for, we worked as a team ,the hardest part was working with their moods . watching them learn new things.
Nice people,Poor Management
Technician (Former Employee), Meredith, NHOctober 19, 2012
Pros: coworkers and technology
Cons: poor mangement, very little training, and no job security
Company is very poorly managed,but coworkers were good hard working people.Management would constantly make bad decisions
and then blame it on employees.Many times employees are given assignments with no training or information and then blamed if things
went wrong.Most new hires are hired as temps or temp to hire with no real intention of hiring them.Hiring – more... is like a revolving door,People
are hired and let go as standard procedure.The technology of large
digital printers was interesting and challenging.Many of the jobs wuold be enjoyable if EFI/Vutek had a better culture and management. – less
Assembler, Machine Operator, Inspector and Solder. Soldering the parts into the PC Boards, built and operated. Made sure all parts working properly.
Assembler, Machine Operator, Inspector and Solder (Former Employee), Salt Lake - UTOctober 11, 2012
Negative, unprofessional culture
Engineer (Former Employee), Meredith, NHOctober 2, 2012
Pros: talented design group, competative wages, challenging work, clean safe, non-management employees hardworking, dedicated people.
Cons: horrible, unrewarding negative culture in mfg, new products pushed to mfg before designs completed or tested creating chaos in mfg
Mfg Management is negative and unprofessional; don't want hear what's going right (that's what they pay you for), only want to hear what's going bad then beat you up for it; manage by threats, disrespect, and intimidation; my job was threatened after only two weeks of employment; Daily GEMBA to determine who's on the hot seat (lots of finger pointing) – more... and who gets a mulligan for the day. Engineering Manager quick to throw you under the bus. Seriously, who would want to go to that job day after day? – less
Productive & fun place with good work-life balance
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), BengaluruMay 18, 2012
EFI is a fun place with good/productive place to grow technically & personally as well.
Ppl are very cool headed & fun loving guys.
Management generally give lot of emphasis to work/life balance.