Egan Home Health & Hospice Employee Reviews

Beware
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 8, 2017
Worked for this company and it was the most miserable job I've ever had. They claim 70-80,000/year. Do not fall for it... that is only if u work all day and night. Management don't care about the nurses, they only care that patients are seen no matter what you have to sacrifice. Once you are home for the night, you still have charting to do. They do NOT pay overtime. They make this sound glamorous but it's everything BUT!!! I HIGHLY encourage anyone considering this to find something else... or have a back up plan because it's just a matter of time. The nurses constantly complain about their jobs bc they get the short end of the stick. If management only took in to consideration that it is bc of THE field nurses that this industry is even possible, maybe they would get their stuff together and treat them better.
Pros
Not a darn thing
Cons
Very laid back place to work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some really awesome coworkers. We were a little family in our department. However, raises are never given and there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Very flexible and accomodating, allows employees to attend school functions for their kids and to go to doctor appointments
Cons
No room for advancement
Excellent Employer
Insurance (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 14, 2017
I left a company that was a complete nightmare to work. Egan Home Health & Hospice is a great job to come to everyday. The office staff is nice and the environment is not burdening. We have goals and tasks to complete but given the freedom and empowerment to get the job done. If you are not a bit of a self-starter, this may not be for you.
Patients constantly compliment the clinical staff on how well they take care of them. The company as a whole is very patient-centric. It is nice to know we take care of our patients so well. My own family members have been patients and they enjoyed having the staff that served them. No company is perfect but this one sure comes closer than most.
Pros
Great work environment, management is well trained, executive staff aware and proactive.
Cons
Nothing really.
Love the purpose and the people
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 27, 2017
I love working for this company. The people here are great, like my second family. A very steady/secure place to work. Not to much room for advancement, as people stay in their roles for a while. I'll be here a while.
Pros
great atmosphere, people to work with, low stress
Cons
not much room for advancment
Great place to work! Closed my own business to come work for EGAN.
co-Marketing Director & Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 22, 2017
I closed what at the time was a relatively lucrative retail medical supply business for an opportunity to work at EGAN full-time. I had done part-time/as-needed work for them in the past, and when I was offered a full-time position it was too good to turn down.

I had to endure some losses related to closing my business on such short notice, but in the bigger picture it was well worth the decision.

I've been able to recoup about 20% of the money lost by selling the inventory in-stock when I closed it down bit by bit on third-party marketplaces. That number should gradually increase in time.

That said, my business didn't come with health insurance, time off (much less paid time off) and a retirement plan.

The company is familiar with my work and work ethic, and I'm allowed to perform my job duties without being scrutinized by someone higher-up the food chain.

Data suggests my work has been of great benefit to the company, which pleases me. It's nice to know that I'm carrying my weight and then some, helping southeast Louisiana's best home care and hospice agency grow and expand.
Pros
Pay, culture, management style, good colleagues
Cons
My commute stinks but everyone who lives where I live and works where I would can say the same.
Very poor training program with poor leadership.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 11, 2016
Small company, very little support and training from the leadership team. No true direction, goals, or professionalism.
Pros
Cons
Poor training and leadership