Egencia Employee Reviews

Great workplace in their early days of getting off the ground
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 2, 2017
I loved working for Egencia. I was lucky to be employed by them as they were really growing their business. The company is quite successful and continues to grow in their efforts to continue to grow and scale, I hope they can continue great balance and work environment that was present in their early years.
Cons
push to more globalism thus resulting in job losses
Poor Pay & Management
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualSeptember 25, 2017
No advancement opportunities - only care about senior agents. Very low pay that isn't even competitive and raises are laughable.
Not worth the stress for that kind of money.
Very good Work From Home Enviroment
Executive Travel Consultant (Virtual) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 7, 2017
Corporate Travel Consultant for numerous companies. Must have previous travel consultant skills, but are willing to train non-travel agents. They equip you with all the information and office supplies you need to do your everyday job. Provide computer, printer, paper, pens, allowance for a chair. Expense your internet and phone bill every month
Virtual Setting alllowing better family time and management.
Contract Travel Counselor (Current Employee) –  virtualJune 11, 2017
I enjoy working virtual as it allows me to tend to my family obligations. I have a good working relationship with the staff through IM and email and have plenty of support from my team.

I am sad that my company is downsizing due to client request for more administrative responsibility booking travel, but am grateful for the time I had and the experience I've gained.

We have many wonderful clients from Nationwide insurance to Petco Inc. and I've been fortunate to have developed some great working relationships with these individuals. I work mainly late nights and weekends for lifestyle purposes and find it both convenient and fulfilling. My clients during these hours are often looking for challenging requests and it has given me a lot of problem solving experience. I enjoy what I do and have seen so many changes come to pass since I started in the business in 1987.

I hope I can bring some of what I've learned to my next position and obtain a secure stable position for my future.
Pros
virtual setting, manage own hours, after hours availability
Cons
lack of job stabiity due to company downsizing.
good company
Sr. Corporate Travel Counselor (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeApril 12, 2017
good benefits but very low pay. priority good customer services. computer system is very slow. good co-workers, however a lot of team leaders for few employees. need to delegate better leadership
Pros
good benefits
Slow pace place to work
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed working with Egencia.No hard part to the job besides doing an exchange. I learned a lot more about travel with this job. Management was ok from what i know.
Very Professional, caring and you learn new things everyday
VIP Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2017
At a typical day at work you take multiple calls, work multiple emails and follow up with the clients on their up coming travel. I learn something everyday for the past 8 years. Management is amazing. My colleagues are always there for me. I enjoy very much working for Egencia.
Lots to be done
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2016
Egencia is a fast paced ever changing TMC. Lots of new initiatives are being implemented to make it a global platform.

I have learned a ton working for this company. We analyze our customers numbers and present quarterly and annual business reviews. Strategizing with clients in order to optimize their travel spend is a key focus.

Management varies depending on the team. Some are better than others like most companies.

My coworkers are what gets me up and excited to go into the office.

The hardest part of the Job is proving yourself to senior leadership that is all based in Seattle. The account management teams in Seattle are able to get face time with upper management where as the teams in Chicago have very little opportunity.
Pros
Work from home, health insurance, travel reimbursement, health and wellness reimbursment
Cons
Limited growth opportunity, pay is less than competing companies in the area
A good place going through growing pains
Corporate Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 17, 2016
Growth is the name of the game at Egencia. Keeping as many accounts on board as possible, while generating many more. It is a fast growing Travel Management Company with an exceptional product. Challenges are how to come to market in a syncronized way. Seems Egencia leads with product and is having a bit of an identity crisis on the sales side. The comp plan is questionable and finance and sales operations have more to say about it than sales management. Salespeople have been happier than they are now as the result of it. When this place is clicking its an awesome place though and the product is great.

Most people who work here are truly kind and considerate people who value fun and life. Its enjoyable to collaborate with them on difficult accounts and see them thrive.

I've learned that when product and sales message are aligned, this company can be on a roll. When distractions are abound, sales gets a tough go at things due to the tech-centric nature of the org. There is truly a real cross section of needs going on here which have their good days and bad.
Pros
Work/life balance, free sodas and coffee all the time, flexible scheduling.
Cons
Alignment of sales/product/comp.
Fun
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hephzibah, GAOctober 27, 2015
i really enjoy this job, bc of the people i work with. We have a lot of fun. The shift I work you had to stay up some way some how. But this is type of environment i love being around.
Productive, Always wanting to learn something new
IDO Telephony Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 25, 2014
Working towards a goal and having the skill set to help the company grow in the right path was always the intent. But when working with no work/life balance there is the challenge.
Pros
Benefits are awesome, Pay was good
call center environment
Corporate International Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 25, 2013
answering and booking air car and hotel for corporate travelers for both domestic and international travel
Great place to work with room for advancement
Executive Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2013
Demanding service levels, must have excellent time management skills. Must have excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.

Senior agents tend to show little respect to newer agents.Senior agents set in their ways and not willing to adhere to new updated formats and policies.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
workload
High turnover
Sr. Exec VIP Int'l Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2012
The center I worked in had (and has) a hostile work environment. The training is a joke, about 6 weeks and just kind of "skims" what is needed to do the job. Once you are on the floor you have to kind of wing it. When I interviewed I told them I had very little hands on experience in International booking and they made me an international agent with higher pay, when my friend came on board with YEARS of experience, they made her a domestic agent at LESS pay ...THEN MADE HER DO INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL CALLS at the lower pay. The managers/supervisors were bully's and out of control using their "power" for favoritism...and if you got on the bad side you were finished there no matter how good you were. There were a couple managers that were blatant racist ...and got away with it! And forget about asking them to help you with anything. The working conditions were so bad there that even in the midst of a depression people quit...and the word got out about them so they could never get the staff of 150 they needed for the center...in my time there I don't think they got over 70-80 agents there at any given time. That in itself speaks volumes! If you just need a pay check for a couple weeks...yes, go there for the paid training and quit like many others did...the classes generally had 12-15 people in them, by the end of the 6 weeks and they got on the floor...within 2 weeks there would only be 1-2 agents left our of that class! There is sooo much more I can say...but I think you got the point....
Cons
horrible company to work for