EGS

EGS Employee Reviews

Lots of extra events going on
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Perks from vendors
Cons: Surveys from customers hard to make bonus
Pizza! Catering and perks from the vendors. Worked alot on the phone and had to find time to enjoy these things but there were ongoing training which made life interesting.
If you must worh there
Universal Agent (Former Employee), Newport News, VAAugust 28, 2015
Cons: inflexible scheduling
This company is great if you're desperate for a job. Candidates with children need not apply unless you have a stable support system. Company hours are inflexible and managers are unaccommodating,
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Short breaks
Fun work place with supportive management. Work environment is very calm and an overall good company to work for. My supervisor was very understanding
great money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: money and some supervisors
Cons: everything
great opportunities for in school and out of school individuals, but not so work friendly for individuals with disabilities. I have epilepsy and would cause me to miss days at work, only a few times they allowed me to make up hours missed before they terminated me.
It's all about taking calls.
various jobs (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 24, 2015
Pros: You are all in the same boat together.
Cons: Benefits are expensive.
If you are not on the phones talking calls, you are an expense to the company. When things are going good, there may be a bonus, but by the time it hits your check, who knows what it was for. When things are going bad, the bonus gets bigger, but again, who knows what it is for. You are just doing your job 40 hours a week.
Can be stressful, but rewarding.
Damage Exceptions Group Agent (Current Employee), Newport News, VAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Bonus, opportunities to move up.
Cons: You have to take breaks on a schedule due to being on the phone
I help people every single day and practice customer service and being an advocate for my customer. It is very rewarding but can be stressful at times. But it is great knowing that I helped satisfy someone with the best service I possibly could.
fun place everyone gets along and has fun and does their job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: friendly people sometimes free food, very rewarding.
Cons: N/A
my experience with EGS was very good I enjoyed working there. there were a lot of friendly people. they know how to have fun there and know how to reward employees for the good job they have done. management there is amazing they know how to take care of you.
summary
Pharmacy Claims and Appeals Agent (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 21, 2015
Experience coverage review Agent who excels at relationship building. Knowledgeable in providing friendly thorough customer service to clients and fellow professionals. Skilled at problem solving and conflict resolution, and able to help encourage team work. Able to network with public organization and business to create successful partnerships adept at handling confidential and / or sensitive information.
Fun place to work, nice people. Few unprofessional upper management with one exception.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunches
Cons: poor pay and benefits.
I look forward to work every morning. Great group of agents work under me. Several of us have become like family. Love my new boss. He takes the time to listen to concerns and gives wonderful tips on ways to improve productiveness.
Few members of upper management act very unprofessional and rude to many employees.

Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with amazing agents and some management.
Very Fun And Hard Working Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 10, 2015
Great company that has wonderful benefits, Would brag about this job to people!! Wonderful team members and great staff
collecting payments, taking heavy inbound calls, talking about electric services.
Customer Service Representative NCO (Current Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 8, 2015
Pros: benefits
A typical day at EGS is collecting payments, making payment arrangements, advising customers of late payments and due dates. You do learn a lot about the electric services industry. I will advised you will be dealing with upset and hostile customers many times a day. This is a FACT. And if you are a person who is upset easily, or a short temper this job may not be for you. You will get cussed at on – more... the phone and hear some unexpected things but, it is expected with a job that has to deal with collections. Because collections is what you are doing. You must have empathy and be able to hold your own and not be persuaded by people. Some people are telling the truth & others may not be use your best judgement and do what you can to the best of your ability for the customers. As far as the management, this can't be said for all ESG call centers but, this one is having difficulties in that department. The call center needs updated and they need to work on company moral. All and all it's typical call center job, pay is well benefits are great and the employees are what make it all worth it. Every job comes with the bad and the good over all this is a good company. Not a long term job if you want to move up through the company though unless you have previous supervisor experience. – less
I love the work place. Its like a big family and highschool still all in one place.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Davenport IowaAugust 5, 2015
The team leaders are awseome and very supportful, helpful. The ear peices tend to hurt after a while but that is the only down side of working here are the headsets.
I enjoyed the people that I worked with along with the supervisor.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLAugust 5, 2015
Pros: flexable work schedule
Cons: healthcare, job advancement, pay increse
Receive incoming calls. Provide the appropriate information or transfer to the group that would assist caller the best. Complete files for out going E faxes to customers.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly enviroment
Cons: Sometimes people were unprofessional.
Most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers. Even when the customers were giving me a hard time, my co workers were all very helpful and fun to be around.
Productive and fun workplace
Microsoft Federal Account Manager (Current Employee), Fargo, NDAugust 3, 2015
My time at EGS was fantastic. The work/ home life balance was through the roof. The only downside is as a contractor for Microsoft when our contract was not renewed it meant all of us were out of work. However EGS did give 60 days notice for team members to find future employment.
A Day at EGS
Team Lead for Office 365 (Current Employee), Fargo, NDJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Prizes
Cons: Layoffs
I work for EGS who is a vendor that provides services to Microsoft. My typical day consist of making coffee in the morning, reading my emails and managing my leads throughout the day. I'm the Team Lead for my team so I help with teaching the different products Microsoft has, to selling them, to learning how to use them in-house. Our teams main goal is to sell any and all cloud products, such as Office 365, Dynamics CRM, Azure, and the list goes on. My favorite part of the day is that you always learn something new.
fine
Geek Squad and Best Buy sales(seasonal) (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 30, 2015
I had alot of fun working there its really nice scheduling holidays are hectic. Sad i had to leave. I made sales as well too
This company is unorganized and unprofessinal
Express Scripts CSR (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: Poor management
I wasted over a month of my time on this company. I worked for 11 years for the company they worked for and only expected them to pay me a little for my experience. This company is to cheap to hire talented people. They didn't even give me the common courtesy to contact me and tell me why they closed my application. Don't waste your time with this company. Their management doesn't even know how to operate a call center. The turn around on employees is way higher then any call center I have ever worked at. They hire at 7.25 per hour where everyone knows that call center work is normally 9 an hour and above. Heck even when I worked for the company they work for 15 years ago I made more than 7.25 per hour to start.
I enjoyed working one on one with just the customer and myself over the phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Utica, NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: shceduled breaks were awesome
Cons: long hours sitting in a chair
A typical day at work was pretty basic, I would assist customers with their wireless accounts and device issues over the phone. I learned that if a customer gets angry or starts to escalate, it works much better if I keep myself calm and in check so that I can understand his or her problem and come up with an effective solution so that the customer and the company are both happy with the results. I really didn't work to much with co workers because it was mostly me in a cubicle with my phone and the customer. Obviously the hardest part of the job was when a customer started to escalate, but I managed. The most enjoyable time is when a customer hangs up satisfied and happy.
Fun Place To Work
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIJuly 27, 2015
Pros: We get different food companies cater for us every now and then, we also get free food once in a while
Cons: we only get half an hour lunch
on a typical day we take on average 30-52 calls if not more depending on how long our calls are. the people I work with are cool, we have a good time. the hardest part of the job is trying to explain bills or what certain plans are for elderly people or when customers get really angry because their bill is high and you have to explain why its so high, but the most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers get the best value for their money ex: if they are paying for a higher plan and they don't use as much then we bring it down to save them money.
Industry