EGS

EGS Employee Reviews

Overall
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 1, 2015
Typical day at work is clocking/logging in. Getting on the phones immediately. Break. Back on phones. Lunch. Back on phones. Leave. I learned a lot about myself and the company while working here. The – more... management needs improvement but for the most part the management is decent. The hardest part of the job was trying to satisfy our irate customers and when it's not good enough for them, then there's not really anything to be done to help them. Also, poor communication or notation from previous reps and supervisors when a customer call in due to something they were promised. Also, the pressure and stress of working for Verizon. Policies and procedures always changed. Most of the time no one was on the same page about certain programs and promotions. My co-workers were awesome. I enjoyed getting to know many great people of all walks in life. The most enjoyable part of my job was making my customers day and hearing them smile through the headset. I learned that not everyone, especially supervisors will not have your best interest at heart. Some of them are micromanagers and as soon as you don't do something 100% accurately or to their standard, you're written up. Within my last 2 weeks at APAC, i felt like my job was at jeopardy. I had a manger who would knit pick and get on my case about everything but she never coached my mistakes. Overall, the company is okay. There are a lot of opportunities for room for improvement there in every aspect. The pay was decent. The cafe was great. – less
Not a good balance
Agent (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJune 29, 2015
This job overall is just not what I am looking for. I dont have much time with my child or for a personal life. My typical day consists of talking to customers on the phone. Most of my supervisors have no idea of one thing to the next, nothing is consistant
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 29, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: short breaks that is if you get one at all
It was a productive place to work just left the company do to lack of hours. It was a fun place to work. The company keeps you busy for the amount of time your there.
Great Job
Pharmacy Help Desk Representative (Current Employee), Humble, TXJune 28, 2015
On as typical work day I may take 100+ calls a day. Working in this field, dealing with doctors and pharmacy I learn to pronounce then different medication and what they are used for.
some good and bad customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJune 28, 2015
Pros: bonus and
Cons: work scheduls
easy and relaxing and very easy Job Work/Life Balance
EGS is a third party call center with no chance for qadvancement
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 28, 2015
EGS is a third party call center that had no work life balance it was expected that you were there when needed worked all overtime required no growth opportunities
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 24, 2015
Cons: short breaks
I love the job you just have to put up with so much upset customers when you are unable to help them.The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone gets along and the work hours.
Family atmosphere
CSR (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2015
The atmosphere at work was nice. Everyone worked as a team and also able to work alone. We learned to handle all types of calls and all situations. The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist every customer but I provided all options at that time.
Absolutely no communication between levels of pay.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 19, 2015
This company would be a good one to work for if not for the lack of communication & superior positions being filled by people who lack knowledge of the project you work for. I have spent the majority of – more... the last 1 1/2 years working under leads/supervisors that need me to tell them how to handle customer situations & how to access different systems. Even after applying for higher positions, I was never promoted (even though I was more than qualified). Policies & procedures change every week. Your schedules are not guaranteed, they have REQUIRED shift bids every 3-6 months; performance determines which shift you end up with.
**It is decent pay for a relatively simple (albeit sometimes stressful) job. The customers are not the problem. The company is. – less
Eh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 18, 2015
Pros: Free food every so often
Cons: People loved breathing down your neck every five minutes
The managers really weren't all that approachable. I didn't really feel like they honestly cared about any of us. Even though it was obvious that we were stressed and need room to breathe they basically told us to deal with it and stay on the phones despite the fact that some of us were prone to anxiety attacks. Myself included.
Productive with high standards
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 15, 2015
Company was okay, strict implements that became unrealistic if call center life. Hard for advancements or raises. Back to back phone calls with minimum time to breath.
great place to work for young people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 14, 2015
Pros: learned something new everyday, began to see loyal customer and acknowledge them by there name
Cons: doing coworkers job because its not done right, employees leaving early, customers changeing prices of products and or finding merchaise open or empty, catching people putting items in baby strollers, or purse, ( catching people stealing) .
Dollar General was a great experience for me. My Management team allowed me to utilize my skills and abilities with my co-workers and customers. This was an opportunity I enjoyed due to the fact I enjoy – more... helping people with a great attitude.

My typical day stared at 5am on Tuesdays I assisted with unloading and stocking the store before we opened made sure my drawer was ready incase I had to work the register. We needed to make sure all isle were stocked and cleaned before we closed the store at 11pm. – less
High Volume Calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: Leaving work at work... no job stress outside the job.
Cons: Temporary work... layoffs after the project is done.
This is the job where you come to work, do your job, and go home leaving work at work. Most days were very busy with inbound calls. The work was easy, save the occasional difficult caller. The management was supportive and co-workers were interesting. The only real downfall was that most of the positions were temporary... little job security.
Decent
Outbound Supervisor (Current Employee), minneapolis mnJune 8, 2015
Pros: Dresscode
Cons: Payroll and leadership
Not professional - a lot of payroll errors and a lot of management that is unaware of how to do their jobs.

Good dresscode and laid back atmosphere but you pay for it with low pay and terrible benefits and unworthy leaderhsip
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Utica, NYJune 7, 2015
Pros: Talking with new customers every day.
Cons: Drama, Childish behaviors
Working for Apac can be fun. You sit down at a cubical that is assigned to you and start getting incoming calls from clients who need your assistance, I learned at Apac how to be courteous over the phone – more... to customers, how not to take everything someone says over the phone personal and never make the customer feel like something is their fault regardless of the situation. The co workers is what makes the jobs interesting. There is a lot of diversity in the Company as a customer service rep but a lot of people bring personal things into the work business. The hardest part of the job is when someone is calling in really upset and you are the 3rd or 4th person they have talked to and you are trying to help them. The most enjoyable part of working at Apac was being on the phone with the customers, because you never knew where they were calling from. – less
It's A Stepping Stone
Customer Care (Former Employee), Utica, NYJune 7, 2015
The page wont let me select 3 stars for management. I only knew 2 or 3 good mangers while I was employed ere a year and a half. Sometimes they couldn't care less about you there. The bakery staff was always friendly and few others but people in that building were mean and unprofessional. It could've been worse though.
depends on program/management
Team Lead (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 5, 2015
as long as you are in the correct program with the right management to meet your personality this is a great company...learned a lot about myself as a person there and grew with the programs I was able to train into
Productive call center
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee), Houston, TxJune 4, 2015
Pros: A great learning experience.
Cons: Management team.
Great experience for inbound/outbound calls for mostly tech support. Able to solve almost any software issue on computers, has the option to remote inside of the customers computer to solve any issue they were not able to do themselves.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), PhilippinesJune 4, 2015
Pros: free and overflowing coffee
Cons: short breaks and night shifts
a typical day at work is answering client calls. i have learned how to pace myself in different kinds of callers. the management and co-workers help each other when calls escalate. The hardest part of the job is having irate callers. the most enjoyable part is when we have assisted everything of what the client needs.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Utica, NYJune 3, 2015
I learned a lot at the job, a typical day consists of in coming calls from Verizon wireless customer calling in about accounts, bills, payments and other Verizon needs

1 2 3 4 5

About EGS

The telephone isn't the instrument of choice for Expert Global Solutions (EGS) anymore. The company provides outsourced customer-management – Read more

EGS Salaries