eHealth Employee Reviews

Pay is horrible, taxed heavily
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CASeptember 27, 2016
Great culture and management. Alot of bait switch, people not willing to admit. Older customers have a diffiucult time understanding whats really happening. Great training but marketing needs to gear to the 10,0000 new medicare recipients and less to welfare customers. Incentives should include renewals and should be given percentage of each sell. Unless you do something shady youre not going to make money. Plus incentives are taxed like bonuses, so if your W2 shows 80,000 thats not really the case.
Pros
Culture, Fun, Coffee, Management, great training!
Cons
Money is terrible
Excellent learning opportunity
Lead Software Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Excellent learning opportunity in the Electronic Health Records field, and in project development and training implementation. The software company is very committed to high quality knowledge transfer and long term relationships with the nursing home.
Amazing company and work culture
Call Center/Health Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CASeptember 22, 2016
eHealth is very employee focused and has excellent employee benefits. I have been a contract employee twice and would never leave if I had the choice.
Pros
Benefits, company events, morale boosters.
its good environment
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 4, 2016
i felt positive vibes in the people working there.it is a good corporation sticking to what is known and proven and stayed in the competition even in the wake of financial crisis.
Revolving Door
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CAJune 5, 2016
if you are not within the top producers you will constantly be brought to task over your conversion rates; sales per day at times are not feasible due to clientele served
great company
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAJune 29, 2016
great company. Lot's of available inside leads to sell from. Long commute for me, so I'm searching other position's more were i live.
medicare open enrollment
Seasonal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAApril 9, 2016
It was non stop phone coverage on inbound calls explaining all supplemental medicare insurance.

long hours and intense pressure. I learned medicare is incrediably confusing.
Pros
lots of free food
Cons
very short breaks and lunchtime
Your pretty much only a number
Medicare Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAJanuary 27, 2016
A great company with a strong worker-management culture. Good pay, and great benefits. Their sales standards are very high (their words), and if you don't mathematically fit their standards, your gone!
Pros
Great culture, great benefits, good working enviroment
Cons
They hire a lot of people, and then again, let a lot go.
A Company with Potential
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westford, MANovember 7, 2015
As a Medicare Sales Representative, my day is spent on the phone. The base pay is low - $16/hour with less than a $1 raise over a year. There is bonus pay for accounts signed, but in 2015, that bonus was drastically cut due to poor projection of competition in the field.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is working with other sales professionals (never boring) and helping the elderly or disabled.
Great place to work and excel in sales
Medicare drug (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAFebruary 11, 2016
. Great Training programs. Nice people to work with.
working in Medicare and IFP (covered ca) certified for 5 years in Covered Ca. Life & health insurance
Wow...and not in a good way!
Inside sales to retirees for Medicare supplements (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 2, 2015
Horrible company. Licensing lost my letter of explanation and didn't find it till 9 weeks after employment started. I was not able to sell and thus had to wait another 8 - 9 weeks. Also they are over the top when it comes to micromanagement of adults. If you're willing to deal with that to make good money, then this is a good place to work. If not, then RUN!
Started out a great job
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 11, 2015
When the eHealth office opened in Maynard, things were fantastic. Great work/life balance, great pay, superior management that were not oppressive. Ever since their stock tumbled, eHealth has taken a horrible turn for the worse. Very bad leads, overworking staff, pay cut by 40% (yes, 40% since we started in Maynard).
Pros
Head boss and supervisors
Cons
Having to bid for shifts every few months, PAY CUT BY 40%, clueless bosses in Utah trying to micromanage Westford.
Excellent peers and a very knowledgeable & hands-on manager
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 23, 2015
eHealth was a great place to work and I made some very good friends. My manager was excellent and very hands-on technically. Had good work-life balance. Wish the company did not go through financial crisis which resulted in work-force reduction.
Pros
good work-life balance
would not like to provide
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CANovember 9, 2015
sample review fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics
Pros
would not like to provide
Cons
would not like to provide
the company...and job
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CAAugust 28, 2015
Good place to work. However like every sales position there will be major adjustments to the commission structure of the compensation which is not always welcomed. Very few opportunities to advance, however, other than that it's a good place to work.
Great Local Management
Sales Support Representative - IFP Sales (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CASeptember 20, 2015
The managers, supervisors in the local offices were great. Typically a lot of calls from people all over the country seeking health and dental insurance.
Pros
Great Calls, Great Managers
Cons
None to speak of....
If you are desperate
Medicare Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAMay 4, 2015
I worked as a Medicare Sales Rep almost a year. Was an above average performer. Shift bids were horrible. Adherence meant you were often running back to your desk to get in "phone ready" mode. Management is doomsday mentality always bringing up problems or potential problems that never came to fruition. It made for an uneasy environment and bad morale. About 85% of people I worked with were looking for another job.
Pros
They will hire ANYONE so if you are desperate and a bottom feeder you will be IN!
Cons
They will hire ANYONE so if you are desperate and a bottom feeder you are in.
terrible work environment
Medicare Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2014
had set schedule of applications to complete and dates to have them submitted. only a hadful of representatives allowed on the phone, and always to many calls coming in. but managment would not allow more reps to answer the phones, then would complain about to many back to back calls. managment is a joke, siad that any questions they would help, but they would sit in their offices all day on facwbook and whenever anyone had questions they would be ruse and tell us to find our own answers and to not bother them. co-workers were polite. most enjoyable part of the job was to log out of systems and go home
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Productivity
Licensed Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UtahAugust 20, 2012
It was a great place to work, I was a seasonal worker there. I would work there again. I loved how we had free lunches when sales where high and management was great.
I learned a lot from the people I worked with and I enjoyed working with them. The hardest of the job was not getting licensed in most states I could sell. That really set me back compared to my co-workers, probably the reason I wasn't retained.
Pros
free lunches, bonuses great.
Cons
i didnt get a lot of coaching from my surpervisor, would have loved that.
Company has not changed with the market
Sales (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2013
They treat people like a commodity both employees and customers they serve. Preferential treatment is a real problem. Management says it doesn't happen but they do nothign to hide it and it's seen by everyone on the floor almost daily. Bonus structure changes constantly so it's hard to know what or how you'll be paid. till half of the month has already passed.
Pros
decent pay for work performed
Cons
managment is not approachable, bonus structure is always changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eHealth. Our community is ready to answer.