eHealth Employee Reviews

Fun to work with others.
Remote Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2017
Work with about 30+ representatives, all trying to accomplish the same thing. We all went to work in the morning trying to accomplish the same goal; getting the most transfers that we could.
Pros
Work my own schedule
Cons
work alone
Licensed Medicare Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAAugust 15, 2017
I loved everything about the company. You can really make good money if you strive to. The management can definitely play
favorites. The company was always trying to be better.
Pros
Potential money. Decent work/life balance
Cons
AEP is a killer.
call center
Medicare Enrollment Rep (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAJuly 11, 2017
hired for a seasonal position was a great job but the woman there act like they are in high school. they did not like any new hires. but the job itself was easy
Pros
catered food every week
Cons
not much room for advancement, parking was far away
Good company
CUSTOMER RETENTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CAJune 26, 2017
Very laid back and fun workplace. Co-workers are really friendly. Management needs improvement, and their systems are very out of date. Its a fun environment at work, mostly talking to senior citizens who are confused and appreciate your hard work when you reach out to them.
Pros
Life Insurance, Weekends off, Major Holidays off
Cons
Parking space is about 1 mile away, system is pretty old and needs improvement.
commissioned based job, weak leads unrealistic goals
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CAMay 30, 2017
very controlled and monitored environment.
target customers are medicaid, which makes it very difficult to enroll. They change their minds often leaving you with disenrolllments, which count against you.
Average Corporate Work Environment
Revenue Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CAMay 27, 2017
It's okay. Nothing special. I'd prefer to work somewhere else. No room to move up in the company. Benefits are the best part, but when your young then the benefits don't matter.
Productive, fun, competitive
SALES Representative (Insurance) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 21, 2017
eHealth is a great place to work. We get to sell, all day long and, the more we sell, the more people we help, the more money we make. Pretty simple. Our selling numbers are always displayed somewhere, so we are always being encouraged to do better, to outdo ourselves .. or our co-workers. It's great, fun competition.

And speaking of fun, management is realizing the better we feel, the more we sell. So, they're trying new ways to keep us motivated, happy .. productive. We all win that way.

The work culture is great. There is healthy competition. But there is also friendship and help from those who've been around longer, or who perform better than the rest.

The hardest part could be the repetitiveness of the job.

The most enjoyable part if to be able to help someone to be insured, to transcend our differences (between the clients and us, the salespeople), to find the most appropriate insurance coverage for that person ... and to be able to make our money.
Pros
good pay, fun, competitive
Cons
repetitiveness
Fun place to work and make a lot of money
Medicare Outbound/Inbound Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2017
It was fun to work there because the trainers help you succeed. They have bonuses to keep things competitive which made it the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun activities
Medicare Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2017
eHealth is a fun place to work. They really take care of their employees as far as benefits goes. I am glad I had a chance to work for a great and well-stablished company like eHealth.
Challenging Sales Position
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAApril 1, 2017
I really like this company and the training it gave me. I learned the business from the training class and the employees on the floor. Management is always willing to help. I do think top producers receive very preferential treatment and can take as many days off as they want. The only reason I left was that there was another position in the same field that paid a lot more.
Pros
Free lunches, great atmosphere for a call center, great training, good management
Cons
Pay plans change too much, Not fair rules if only average producer, Parking lot is 10 blocks from office with no shuttle.
Love the company, hated pressure selling
Medicare Sales (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 13, 2017
I loved the facility and atmosphere of company. Great management, flex time, dress down, friendly, easy access to supervisors. My only negative was pressure selling. We were expected to sell even if the plan did not meet need of the insured. I felt is dishonest to pressure the elderly into buying a plan. Great staff but very high turn over.
Pros
free lunches, nice lunchroom, great activities, supervision always available, IT always on top of issues, HR had open door policy
Cons
Pressure selling to the elderly
Very busy office
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 27, 2016
The office phones are constantly ringing which is good in the sense it s bringing in leads however the advertisement that was used was very misleading so we had a lot of angry people call in when we told them the plans aren't free.
its good environment
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 4, 2016
i felt positive vibes in the people working there.it is a good corporation sticking to what is known and proven and stayed in the competition even in the wake of financial crisis.
Pay is horrible, taxed heavily
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CASeptember 27, 2016
Great culture and management. Alot of bait switch, people not willing to admit. Older customers have a diffiucult time understanding whats really happening. Great training but marketing needs to gear to the 10,0000 new medicare recipients and less to welfare customers. Incentives should include renewals and should be given percentage of each sell. Unless you do something shady youre not going to make money. Plus incentives are taxed like bonuses, so if your W2 shows 80,000 thats not really the case.
Pros
Culture, Fun, Coffee, Management, great training!
Cons
Money is terrible
Amazing company and work culture
Call Center/Health Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CASeptember 22, 2016
eHealth is very employee focused and has excellent employee benefits. I have been a contract employee twice and would never leave if I had the choice.
Pros
Benefits, company events, morale boosters.
Excellent learning opportunity
Lead Software Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Excellent learning opportunity in the Electronic Health Records field, and in project development and training implementation. The software company is very committed to high quality knowledge transfer and long term relationships with the nursing home.
great company
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAJune 29, 2016
great company. Lot's of available inside leads to sell from. Long commute for me, so I'm searching other position's more were i live.
Revolving Door
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CAJune 5, 2016
if you are not within the top producers you will constantly be brought to task over your conversion rates; sales per day at times are not feasible due to clientele served
medicare open enrollment
Seasonal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAApril 9, 2016
It was non stop phone coverage on inbound calls explaining all supplemental medicare insurance.

long hours and intense pressure. I learned medicare is incrediably confusing.
Pros
lots of free food
Cons
very short breaks and lunchtime
Great place to work and excel in sales
Medicare drug (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAFebruary 11, 2016
. Great Training programs. Nice people to work with.
working in Medicare and IFP (covered ca) certified for 5 years in Covered Ca. Life & health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eHealth. Our community is ready to answer.