eHealth Employee Reviews in United States

Your pretty much only a number
Medicare Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAJanuary 27, 2016
A great company with a strong worker-management culture. Good pay, and great benefits. Their sales standards are very high (their words), and if you don't mathematically fit their standards, your gone!
Pros
Great culture, great benefits, good working enviroment
Cons
They hire a lot of people, and then again, let a lot go.
A Company with Potential
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westford, MANovember 7, 2015
As a Medicare Sales Representative, my day is spent on the phone. The base pay is low - $16/hour with less than a $1 raise over a year. There is bonus pay for accounts signed, but in 2015, that bonus was drastically cut due to poor projection of competition in the field.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is working with other sales professionals (never boring) and helping the elderly or disabled.
the company...and job
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CAAugust 28, 2015
Good place to work. However like every sales position there will be major adjustments to the commission structure of the compensation which is not always welcomed. Very few opportunities to advance, however, other than that it's a good place to work.
Started out a great job
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 11, 2015
When the eHealth office opened in Maynard, things were fantastic. Great work/life balance, great pay, superior management that were not oppressive. Ever since their stock tumbled, eHealth has taken a horrible turn for the worse. Very bad leads, overworking staff, pay cut by 40% (yes, 40% since we started in Maynard).
Pros
Head boss and supervisors
Cons
Having to bid for shifts every few months, PAY CUT BY 40%, clueless bosses in Utah trying to micromanage Westford.
Good workplace with flexible hours
Lead Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  gold river, caJune 9, 2015
Good workplace that allows flexible hours for the job to be completed. Lots of training provided. Good team work environment. great benefits packages.
Pros
great benefits packages. flexible hours
Cons
high demand in sales.
would not like to provide
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CANovember 9, 2015
sample review fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics
Pros
would not like to provide
Cons
would not like to provide
medicare open enrollment
Seasonal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAApril 9, 2016
It was non stop phone coverage on inbound calls explaining all supplemental medicare insurance.

long hours and intense pressure. I learned medicare is incrediably confusing.
Pros
lots of free food
Cons
very short breaks and lunchtime
Excellent peers and a very knowledgeable & hands-on manager
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 23, 2015
eHealth was a great place to work and I made some very good friends. My manager was excellent and very hands-on technically. Had good work-life balance. Wish the company did not go through financial crisis which resulted in work-force reduction.
Pros
good work-life balance
Wow...and not in a good way!
Inside sales to retirees for Medicare supplements (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 2, 2015
Horrible company. Licensing lost my letter of explanation and didn't find it till 9 weeks after employment started. I was not able to sell and thus had to wait another 8 - 9 weeks. Also they are over the top when it comes to micromanagement of adults. If you're willing to deal with that to make good money, then this is a good place to work. If not, then RUN!
Great place to work and excel in sales
Medicare drug (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAFebruary 11, 2016
. Great Training programs. Nice people to work with.
working in Medicare and IFP (covered ca) certified for 5 years in Covered Ca. Life & health insurance

Want to know more about eHealth?

Ask a question
Professional, Respectful, Organized
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UtahDecember 22, 2012
Great company! I was only there for 7 weeks as a seasonal Medicare Part D enrollment representative. I felt the training, the attitude of management, the culture, technology, etc. were all top-notch! It would be a great place to work long term with great benefits, employee stock purchase and an easy going atmosphere.
Pros
they give you the tools and support to do what you need to do
Cons
wages but that's because utah is a right to work for less state.
Great place to work with a good culture
Inbound Call Center/ Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMay 1, 2014
I was a call center representative and sales agent for the largest health insurance broker. I have nothing but praise and respect for this organization. I came in know nothing of the industry and left with a ton of knowledge and skill. I would work there again if I lived in the same city.
If you are desperate
Medicare Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAMay 4, 2015
I worked as a Medicare Sales Rep almost a year. Was an above average performer. Shift bids were horrible. Adherence meant you were often running back to your desk to get in "phone ready" mode. Management is doomsday mentality always bringing up problems or potential problems that never came to fruition. It made for an uneasy environment and bad morale. About 85% of people I worked with were looking for another job.
Pros
They will hire ANYONE so if you are desperate and a bottom feeder you will be IN!
Cons
They will hire ANYONE so if you are desperate and a bottom feeder you are in.
Great Local Management
Sales Support Representative - IFP Sales (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CASeptember 20, 2015
The managers, supervisors in the local offices were great. Typically a lot of calls from people all over the country seeking health and dental insurance.
Pros
Great Calls, Great Managers
Cons
None to speak of....
sales job
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2015
Generally a fun environment to work in. Heavily regulated industry from CMS and other regulatory agencies. Not busy most of the year and insanely busy for almost two months.
Medicare Sales Rep
Medicare Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2015
Spend all day awaiting inbound calls. Provide excellent customer service to prospective clients. Market Medicare Insurance Plans to potential clients, create networking opportunities. Few management and upper movement opportunities.
Pros
good company
Cons
no upward opportunities
Fun and Excellent place to work
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAFebruary 22, 2015
Co-workers are very knowledgable and helpful, Management provides good feedback. Good place to work, and staff in the call center provides good service and teamwork.
Pros
free lunches
Exchange enrollment specialist (Former Employee) –  Gold RiverMarch 16, 2015
Great Place to work, Great team. Management is well organized and proritized. All the employees love doing their job on the day to day basis
Production of a lot commission statements
Commission Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CAMarch 12, 2015
After a day, you have a to do list for the next day, but the next day is entirely different and the work continues to pile up. It's expected to speak in a whisper and the suite is extremely quiet
Pros
working hours
Cons
a lot of deliverable's
Great people and benefits
Sales, Training Department (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 3, 2013
There are days when my job is typical, but there are days when I must be able to use my diverse skills. A work day would include but not limited to, corporate reports for training, preparing for a day of training, creating workbooks for training, assisting sales representatives with their certifications online, management and team meetings, writing content for training modules as well as editing, interdepartmental interactions to meet corporate goals. When I have been in sales over the years, I have sold products in person and over the phone. I have worked and managed call centers, and trained the sales force.