Eide Bailly Employee Reviews

Strong Company, not perfect, but good.
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 10, 2017
The people I work with have a lot of energy--you have to in order to maintain the pace. Super great management that actually care about their employees (at least for a public accounting firm).
The company isn't perfect. There are some growing pains. Management sometimes pushes too hard on the expected workload, and there can be pushback from the staff. But, overall, It is a good group of people to work with, and they will take care of you if you put in good effort. Nowhere is going to be perfect. That said, this is a place where you can definitely grow your career.
Pros
Awesome work experience
Cons
Work life balance
Great place for female accountants!
associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2017
Eide Bailey has a progressive policy about promoting females to management. If you are a female and want to advance quicker than your male peers, the Focus First program will help you leap to the front. If I were a guy, I probably would not work here.
Pros
Scottsdale is nice
Cons
Sometimes have to go to Phoenix office
Ping Pong table is nice, might need to change other parts of culture and management
Tax Senior (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 12, 2017
- A lot of CPE
- Learned a lot about accounting for small business and individual tax returns
- Not very happy with management, didn't seem like they wanted me to improve
- Comedy wasn't funny sometimes, and was explicit
- Learning new things was enjoyable
- Teaching other was enjoyable
Expect to travel - very big on education
Database Coordinator/IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTJune 5, 2017
I enjoyed my short time working for them except for the expected amount of travel to the head office. I worked in a town 250 miles away and was asked to travel there on short notice for team meetings more times that I was comfortable with. They are big on education which is a plus and will help you out if it is job related.
Pros
Change of advancement
Cons
Travel and work hours
Excellent place to work.
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 22, 2017
Fast-paced and intense. The employer provides a challenging environment for those who are able to keep up. Employees are treated well and management is responsive and engaged.
Clique
Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 18, 2016
Standard CPA and consulting firm. For the most part, partners might be able to help with your career. Don't count on it. If this is your first CPA firm then you'll love it because you don't know any better. However, you're smart enough to land a gig here, then you are smart enough to have a job that provides better benefits at a much healthier cost. Oh, and get a plant on your desk if you want to fit in. If you don't have your CPA then plan on having minimum financial support in obtaining your certification. If you are smart enough to get a job here, then you'll be smart enough to land a job with a consulting firm to financially support obtaining your CPA without any strings attached. Nickel and Dime firm. Turnover in some offices high for a reason.
Pros
Plugs for a lot of events, Hard Working Environment
Cons
COSTLY benefit package, Terrible feedback approach, High School culture, cliques, Favorites are played, Feels like the firm is still trying to "figure it out"
Productive and calm work environment
TAX INTERN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 15, 2016
I would spend most of my days doing various types of taxes returns. Mostly individual tax returns, but also some partnership, S-corps, and a handful of C corps and international corporations. I also did some work with financial institutions.
Public Accounting Firm
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2016
The firm is the typical public accounting firm with genuinely good people. It does however, face the standard public accounting firm challenges including work-life balance struggles.
Love the duties
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 26, 2015
Endless assistance to all staff through out the day. What I have learned is how to manage my time and prioritize work load to make sure all deadlines have been met. The hardest part about the job is just getting the opportunity to advance and learn more in my position as an administrative assistant. Most enjoyable part about the position is the endless work that continues to keep me busy.
Productive and enjoyable workplace with caring people
seasonal scanner (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 25, 2015
A typical day was arriving in the early morning with others who really liked coming to work too. Daily activity ended when there was completion of work for that day. I learned how important my repetitive job was. I had to scan confidential tax documents. To the overall picture of the tax process one might think that scanning would be insignificant but it was a valued part of the company and I thoroughly enjoyed my work. The management was done in a manner that was respectful and professional. My co-workers were all knowledgeable of the process and willing to assist any person who needed questions answered. The most difficult part of the job was that others thought I had a difficult job because it was repetitive. The most enjoyable part was the fact that there was always more to do.
Pros
considerate people always inviting and often sharing.
Cons
if you don't like taxes you should not be there.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden UtahJune 10, 2014
A typical day at Eide Bailly is fast paced. I have had the opportunity to learn many skills sets that give me the confidence to perform at a high level.
No longer in business
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJanuary 14, 2014
I only worked here for 3 months doing Transcription. They got out of the transcription business.
Great Internship
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 18, 2013
Learned how to prepare tax returns
Learned how to prepare property renditions
Learned how to process extensions
Pros
People
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 19, 2013
I was responsible for scanning confidential files into appropriate folders. I helped clean and condense the file room to help the office with their transition in moving locations. I learned more about the company and their roles. This job made me feel good about myself because I was recognized for my hard work and appreciation towards the company.
Pros
great people to work with, benefits
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eide Bailly. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3