Eileen Fisher

Eileen Fisher Employee Reviews

A workplace where people really care about company's sustainability vision.
External Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
I was an external consultant through my college so never went to their corporate office. But as a part of my project, i visited some of their stores and it was surprising to see how much the staff knew about company's efforts of sustainability. I would say the company is really trying to bring a change in the fashion industry by not going towards fast fashion and trying to minimise the harm done by the fashion industry.
Positive workplace environment that promotes wellness and cares about its employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 20, 2015
Working at Eileen Fisher has been an amazing experience. Eileen's vision comes through in both the clothes she produces and in how her stores are run. Each day is pretty similar structurally, however it differs everyday because of the customers we have. Working with the customers is the best part of the job; I enjoy helping the women who come in outfit themselves and leave feeling confident and beautiful. Of course, there are customers who try my patience, but I have learned to handle the situations they throw at me with grace and kindness.
We have had several changes in management in my five years at the company, and I still think our store is trying to find the right fit but we are getting there. Overall, I enjoy working at Eileen Fisher; it is a great place to be.
Pros
Great benefits, wellness and education reimbursement, wonderful employees
Cons
Difficulty with choosing management for our store, can be disorganized because everyone wants to please each other
Artful clothes
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery MallApril 13, 2015
Helping clients find the most interesting outfits and showing them how to wear and expand their wardrobe. It is a very team work environment, we all helped to wardrobe every client to ensure the best for every client.
great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2015
my team was good, no room for advancement especially anyone that is not Caucasian, met nice clients. philanthropic events and trunk shows were nice.
Another Day In Eileen Fisher!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  new york. nyFebruary 10, 2015
When at work you were assigned to different sections of the shop and you would complete them before your sshift is over . I learned to make sales and learn about the customer as you speak to them. My co workers were great and very nice and we all helped one another because we had one goal and that was to make sales accomplishments!The hardest part of the job is when you first start and your learning and trying to be a help to everyone. the most enjoyable part was having great co workers and getting the days work done together!
A wonderful company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJanuary 23, 2015
The culture of the company is one of respect and honoring individual differences. Allows sales associates to have typical management responsibilities depending on skills and interests.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping our customers. They are interesting, educated, and EF fans. They are a joy to know and assist in selecting their wardrobe.
Innovative and supportive workplace with a honest interest in staff well being.
Southeast Regional Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
During my time with Eileen Fisher I had 6 states in my region that I supported, maintained, trained, hired employees and worked with management to cultivate a fun and productive place to work. I learned so much about merchandising, working with visual staff, store management, and buyers. The hardest part of my job was the territory was growing so fast and I really needed to be everywhere at once. I loved working with my EF co-workers and the staff in all the stores in the southeast region.
Pros
salary, benefit package, education program, supportive upper management
Cons
not being able to support all stores all the time.
Overall best place I have ever worked
Temporary Product Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NYMarch 18, 2014
The past year at Eileen Fisher was one of the best years of my life. I was only supposed to work on a small project which led to me taking on bigger ones throughout the course of my stay. The people, the environment and the culture all exceeded my expecations.
Retail Business at its Best
Full time IT Associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 7, 2013
Solving user end issues was the best part of my job. Coming across as the IT Hero. Team leaders knew what they wanted and how.
Best IT team thus far, sharing info and working as a team.
The hardest part was to say good bye.
Enjoy working with one of the best medium company .
Creative and fun work atmosphere
Lead Apple Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2013
Great medium business to work for... have great leaders to build energy and experience from. There is so much room for learning at Eileen Fisher.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
no vision care
A great company with helpful and nice people
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvington, NYNovember 29, 2012
My co-workers are the best, and they always make work fun. It is a small private company, but a great place for working mothers.
Pros
bonus at the end of year
Cons
there is badly any turnover, so it is hard to land a regular full time position.
great company