Eileen Fisher Employee Reviews

Manufacturing Operations Assistant
Manufacturing Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NYNovember 30, 2016
Fun culture and great company to work for. Beautiful clothes that I hope my fiance/wife can eventually afford to wear. I did not have a fashion background. So, there were challenges working for a women's clothing company. However, they were very pleasant.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
None to speak of.
A truly holistic company
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 12, 2017
EF is one of the greatest companies to work for, and they really stand behind their message and their employees.
If you've never worked in retail this is a soft start, and you will be spoiled. If you've worked in retail for a long time, working at EF will seem too good to be true.
Pros
Great Wellness and Education compensation program
Cons
Very slow paced (but this can sometimes be a pro)
Very Little advancement, few opportunities to grow financially
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
The company has drastically changed within the past decade. There is very little opportunity to grow and advance and the pay scale is not in alignment with the rest of the industry for many of the positions. Very stagnant environment.
Brand extremely reflective of creator
Freelance Global Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2016
Work Life balance is an major factor
Office space resembles home
Casual dress code
Open space work area
Very community oriented
Employee satisfaction a top priority
Upper management engages with staff on monthly basis for feedback
Very involved upper management shows company's level of involvement with employees
Clothing Allowance
Temp to Perm a great way in the door
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PAJuly 14, 2016
During my time at Eileen Fisher, I was welcomed, nurtured and inspired. I was able to express my creative thoughts and loved everything about working in one of their stores. I had the opportunity to sit in on a few meetings at their home office in NY and I had the same feelings there that I did at my home store. This is a wonderful company to work for. Great pay and benefits!
Company culture is good. Beautiful work environment.
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Generally a wonderful place to work. Management in stores set the tone. Some are better than others. Turnover is quite low and staff work as a team with no commissions.
Fantastic Vision
active member (Current Employee) –  Outside of NYCJanuary 12, 2016
Eileen Fisher is a true visionary and the most authentic business owner. If you value the culture of intuition and human touch this is the best it gets.
The product is high quality and the clothing represents a system of dressing. It is a purchase of a life style brand vs. a clothing expense.
Pros
Great work place for transparency
Cons
No movement - very hard to find a foothold for a career path
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2016
Eileen fisher is a great company to work for. The support of my teammates and managers is great. Greeting each and every customer with a hello and smile, a warm welcome, individual attention was what eileen fisher is all about. The Customer was treated like queens. And I Enjoyed every minute, wardroping them with such beautiful clothing. And to see the pleasure on their faces was very satisfying .
Pros
A clothing allowances
Cons
Taking the mbta
Joyful place to work
SALES LEADER/STOCK Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 15, 2016
Hours are flexible, coworkers are fun to work with, I have learned the ins and outs of retail. Best part of job is selling beautiful clothing. Each day is different.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
no health insurance
Positive workplace environment that promotes wellness and cares about its employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 20, 2015
Working at Eileen Fisher has been an amazing experience. Eileen's vision comes through in both the clothes she produces and in how her stores are run. Each day is pretty similar structurally, however it differs everyday because of the customers we have. Working with the customers is the best part of the job; I enjoy helping the women who come in outfit themselves and leave feeling confident and beautiful. Of course, there are customers who try my patience, but I have learned to handle the situations they throw at me with grace and kindness.
We have had several changes in management in my five years at the company, and I still think our store is trying to find the right fit but we are getting there. Overall, I enjoy working at Eileen Fisher; it is a great place to be.
Pros
Great benefits, wellness and education reimbursement, wonderful employees
Cons
Difficulty with choosing management for our store, can be disorganized because everyone wants to please each other
Innovative and supportive workplace with a honest interest in staff well being.
Southeast Regional Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
During my time with Eileen Fisher I had 6 states in my region that I supported, maintained, trained, hired employees and worked with management to cultivate a fun and productive place to work. I learned so much about merchandising, working with visual staff, store management, and buyers. The hardest part of my job was the territory was growing so fast and I really needed to be everywhere at once. I loved working with my EF co-workers and the staff in all the stores in the southeast region.
Pros
salary, benefit package, education program, supportive upper management
Cons
Not being able to support all stores all the time.
fun work place
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 10, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is in the mornings because everyone greets each other, but the hardest part is that we get short breaks. Also, my co-workers are great, we have a nice relationship.
Pros
clean work environment
Cons
short breaks
A wonderful company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJanuary 23, 2015
The culture of the company is one of respect and honoring individual differences. Allows sales associates to have typical management responsibilities depending on skills and interests.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping our customers. They are interesting, educated, and EF fans. They are a joy to know and assist in selecting their wardrobe.
Overall best place I have ever worked
Temporary Product Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NYMarch 18, 2014
The past year at Eileen Fisher was one of the best years of my life. I was only supposed to work on a small project which led to me taking on bigger ones throughout the course of my stay. The people, the environment and the culture all exceeded my expecations.
A workplace where people really care about company's sustainability vision.
External Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
I was an external consultant through my college so never went to their corporate office. But as a part of my project, i visited some of their stores and it was surprising to see how much the staff knew about company's efforts of sustainability. I would say the company is really trying to bring a change in the fashion industry by not going towards fast fashion and trying to minimise the harm done by the fashion industry.
great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2015
my team was good, no room for advancement especially anyone that is not Caucasian, met nice clients. philanthropic events and trunk shows were nice.
Another Day In Eileen Fisher!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  new york. nyFebruary 10, 2015
When at work you were assigned to different sections of the shop and you would complete them before your sshift is over . I learned to make sales and learn about the customer as you speak to them. My co workers were great and very nice and we all helped one another because we had one goal and that was to make sales accomplishments!The hardest part of the job is when you first start and your learning and trying to be a help to everyone. the most enjoyable part was having great co workers and getting the days work done together!
great company
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2012
great place to work
generous benefits
nice people
good environment
Artful clothes
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery MallApril 13, 2015
Helping clients find the most interesting outfits and showing them how to wear and expand their wardrobe. It is a very team work environment, we all helped to wardrobe every client to ensure the best for every client.
Retail Business at its Best
Full time IT Associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 7, 2013
Solving user end issues was the best part of my job. Coming across as the IT Hero. Team leaders knew what they wanted and how.
Best IT team thus far, sharing info and working as a team.
The hardest part was to say good bye.
Enjoy working with one of the best medium company .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eileen Fisher. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4